• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Our Thing: Love, Loyalty, and Power

The young man followed Aurelia as the arrived in the car. The young man jumped into the passenger side and he looks back. He let's out a sigh as he doesn't see anyone else out then realize something...

His arm stings.

The young Don looks down at his arm and he sees that something had pierced his shirt. It only took him a few more moments to realize he had been shot. The thing is he couldn't figure out when it happened, he was sure he was careful. It didn't matter, they were safe now and he could just patch himself up when he was done tonight.

"Just get us out of here" the young man says with a sigh.

"On it." Aurelia shift the car in drive before speeding out of the parking lot heading back to her home. She took glance at Alexander sensing something was wrong. Peering into his mind she found that he was injured.

"Your injured. It looks like a bullet grazed your arm." She sat quiet for a minute before continuing. "I'm apologize that it is my fault. I took too long messing with him. I couldn't help myself" Anyone connected with the Capo family she wanted them to pay. After all she lost so much because of them. "I'll take care of the wound when we get back to the house"

Last edited:
The young Don shakes his head. He was actually surprised that she apologized like that. It was nice when people realized they made mistakes. He let's out a chuckle "don't worry about it" he looks back at Aurelia "it's not the first time and it probably won't be the last."

He realized that he'll have to either do a little more training or go on more outings like this. It seemed he was a little off, he knew why though. He always tries to be tough especially for his family but his father's death got to him more than he wanted.

"I can deal with it myself, it's not the worst wound I've dealt with."

After the two don's escapade Aurelia's week has been nothing short of hectic. The Valentine invasion made her keenly aware that her family was too exposed. So she spent the next week dividing remaining Mafioso member and their families to different location. Those with power like Roberto where they could travel long distance in a short time we transferred to one of father's many safe houses outside of the city. If the need rose they could travel easily back to the city. While higher member and a few other Mafioso stayed in the city but they begun blending into the middle-lower class society of the city. Before the Cosa Nostra family rose to power they were just like any other lower class mafia in the city. Very small group, and they were a relatively new family.

"Are you sure about this Miss?" She knew Roberto meant well....but he was annoying at times.

"Roberto this makes it appear that we have disbanded. We still control our territory secretly. And we still have our assets. Having our family gathered in one known area was suicide. Most do not know of these houses in the middle and lower class areas. And for good reason. Now we have to get ready. We have a flight to Japan to catch and Yakuza to deal with."

"Would it not be wise to notify the Valentine don?" Should could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"Roberto. Shut up. Go get mother she is coming with us."

"Yes milady."

It should be a quick mission. Go convince the Sumiyoshi-kai family to work with her. Like the Cosa Nostra they grew from nothing. And the wife did adore her and her mother. Never really liked her father so maybe now she could finally convince them to form an alliance. After all the Yamaguchi-gumi are allies with the Capo family. The Sumiyoshi-kai absolutely despise the Yamaguchi so hopefully they will agree to alliance. She already spotted other crime syndicates from other countries in their territory. It seemed the Capo don was pulling out all the stops. And Aurelia needed more help.
Gathering her mother and Roberto, the three were off to the airport to take her father's private jet.

Alexander had been thinking about the events of last week. He was still trying to find out how he was hit. He was sure he got everyone but somehow he was still hit. He's probably over thinking it but he has a feeling something else was around. The young man let's out a long sigh as he leans against the seat of the plane.

A smirk then forms on his face, he let's out a chuckle. Aurelia wasn't too quiet about this whole ordeal, he's been getting better at blocking her out. Well its more of he's better at thinking of the right things around him.

The young man heard the others entering. He then puts on a smile as he puts his act up. The man pulls down his hat "we're heading to Japan correct ma'am?" The man yells back as he starts the engines. The young man makes sure he's only thinking thoughts of being the pilot and making sure he serves her to the best of his abilities.

"Yes that is correct. The city of Kobe.Thank you." The pilot wasn't their usual one, but she trusted the Roberto took care of everything. Sitting with her mother Aurelia smiled. It was nice to go back to her mother's home country.

Fumiko Cos Nostra formerly Inagawa was a force to be reckoned with. Daughter of the Inagawa yakuza clan. Aurelia not only inherited her mother's unique hair but also her personality. Fumiko was always the brains behind her father. If Roberto was the right hand man, Fumiko was the left.
Aurelia's mother was the only reason the family didn't fall after her father's death. Being that her mother was a unique trait of carrying two powers. She was an empathy and a teleport. Was useful when Aurelia was a kid because if she sensed her daughter's fear she would instantly teleport her daughter to safety. So it wasn't a surprise she sensed the young Valentine don on board as the pilot. She could feel the haughtiness rolling off the man. Fumiko got up from her seat and walked over to the cockpit.

"Mama where are you going?"

"Musume(Daughter), don't worry I just need to talk to the pilot." What her daughter didn't know wouldn't hurt.

Closing the door the cockpit, she then sat in the seat next to the Valentine don.

"Young man you may be able to fool my daughter. But I'm too old to be fooled in such a way. Now tell me Alexander, what were you planning on doing in Japan? I don't recall your family having any ties there." Fumiko said smiling.

The young man cracks his neck as he starts to fly the plane. It's been a while since he's had to fly a plane, he learned back when he was younger. Now that he thinks about it he was taught a lot of things at a young age probably so he could be a good weapon. He even heard before that he wasn't even supposed to be the Don, it was going to be Mikey since he was the leader. Alexander was a fighter, not a leader, though the young man is trying his best.

He heard someone come into the cockpit and he looked up with a smile. He didn't break at all as the woman called him out and instead he chuckled.

"Your daughter made a deal with me" he says flicking on the auto pilot. "She answers to me now but she's hiding things from me, I just want to know what she wants from the yakuza." The youngan man let's out a sigh "you just wanting to see daddy again or...." the man leans forward a smile still on his face as his one eye burns blue.

"Are you all turning your back on me.... again."

Fumiko chuckled, her own eyes flashing a bright pink as she sent calming waves towards the man. Aurelia has her hand full with his one. "Don't underestimate my daughter's freewill or her honor. She has always been a floating cherry blossom in the wind, like her father. But she has my unyielding loyalty and honor. She will not turn her back on you. Not when she has given her word." The woman laid back in her chair relaxing.

"Aurelia is trying to gain more allies for you. I know your family is powerful but you lack allies.. connections. I've always tried to instill the lesson of unity in my daughter since her father never believed in alliances. The Capo have many allies. Much more than the Cosa Nostra and the Valentine family combined. You need the Sumiyoshi behind us. Especially if the Yamaguchi don is at the Capo side. Member of the Yamaguchi was already in our territory. The Capo don is targeting our family. If it wasn't for Aurelia's quick thinking the family would have been wiped out in a week. And if I recall our family's safety was part of the deal. Family comes first. Aurelia is doing what she can to protect us. You child, haven't done anything."

Yes it was harsh but she was a mother first and a diplomat second. She was tired of seeing her daughter come home crying in her arms because of another family member lost. It was her duty to protect her daughter.

"Now if you excuse me I need to get back to my daughter." Gracefully getting up from her chair, Fumiko made her face back to her seat.

"Is everything okay mother?"

"Yes my dear. Just wanted to check if the coordinate were right."

The young Don listened to the mother speak and he wanted nothing more than to shut her up. Though he felt a sense of calming from the lady all of a sudden. He stopped and actually listened to what she was saying. When the lady left the young man bit his lip for a moment.

"Ya all I did was get Aurelia and myself out of there" he snips quietly to himself. The man sighs and leans back against the seat. He did promise to save her family and he hasn't really done anything to help the Costa Nosta family. He wasn't sure what he could do though. Damn it he was just a kid taught how to kill not lead!

The young man shakes his head and turns in his seat. He then turns the auto pilot off as he steers the plane once more.

"Aurelia"

"No."

"Aurelia"

"Mother no!"

"Au-"

"I said no!"

Fumiko and Aurelia have been going at it non-stop. Aurelia loved her mother. There was no one wiser nor more intelligent than Fumiko. But damn it her mother was a pest sometime when it came to this topic. Marriage. Aurelia, in her mother's eye needed a husband. Someone to tie her down and kept her from going a float with the wind. Honestly her mother, but she did get worries. It just wasn't the right time. And honest a marriage to form an alliance, look how well that did the last time.

"The Sumiyoshi have a son about you age. He capable and is also touch telepath. He could help you grow stronger. You two would make a great pair!" Aurelia's mother was trying to hard, but it would give her an easier time getting an alliance. Okay she would think about it. It would get her mother off her back.

"I will think about it mother."

Honestly were they there yet? It feels like she has been arguing with her mother for weeks.

"Excuse me Sir, are we almost to our destination?" Aurelia asked the pilot trying to keep the irritation out of her voice.

The young Don stares ahead, watching as the clouds go by. He could hear the two females bickering in the back and he found it amusing. It reminded him of when his mother forced marriage on him. He missed his mother, he decided it would be best to send her away, her power wasn't much, it was just to change her appearance but she's not good at infiltrating or fighting. He didn't want her to be used as a hostage so he sent her away from all the fighting.

The thing is he didn't like sending her away, he kind of felt lonely. All the closest people to him were gone, his father and Mikey were both six feet under and his mother was now safely hidden away. There were other high ranking members but they just were as close to him.

The young man hears footsteps coming into the cockpit and he forces his smile on his face and forces his thoughts away from those things "yes ma'am" he replies with a nod "we should just be fifteen minutes, sorry if you're not enjoying the flight."

Japan. She has fond memories of this land. Her and her mother would spend their summers here. Honestly though she wasn't going to enjoy her visit the Sumiyoshi. The Lord and lady were kind to her and her mother especially when Fumiko was thrown out of her own clan when the woman married her father. But the son, Daichi used to bully her because she had no powers. She never told her mother or his parents because she didn't want her mother to fall out of favor with the Sumiyoshi family. Although maybe he's changed over the years.

Fifteen minutes later once the plane landed at the airport she went to gather her belongings but Roberto stops her. She chuckled giving Roberto and amused look. "I can get my own bags Roberto, take care of mother." Roberto's only response was to raise an eyebrow, and take her and her mother's bags. Then he sped off the plane, probably to the airport.

"Dear,leave Roberto alone. You know how he is. Now why don't you thank our pilot." Aurelia nods and walked over to the cockpit.

"Than-Alexander!" she screamed as Fumiko chuckled.

After he landed the plane the young man leaned back in his seat. He was staring up at the ceiling trying to figure out what he could do to help the Costa Nosta family. He wanted to hold up his end of the bargain. Maybe he could give her a safe house or maybe he could even house some of her family.

Before he could think anymore he heard the footsteps once more and looked back to see Aurelia, the man lifted his hat from his head and smirked at the reaction he got from the girl. The man stands up.

"Aurelia, it's good to see you, I hope you enjoyed your flight" the man gives her a slight bow.

Aurelia pouted not liking that Alexander was here one bit. Honestly though she would rather deal with him than Daichi. Speaking of Daichi and the Sumiyoshi,having Alexander here could mess up her plans.

"Go home Alexander. Unless you think you could help me form an alliance with the Sumiyoshi family. Which I don't think you can. Goodness what a mess."Aurelia could feel a headache rolling in. Between her mother and Alexander she was going to roll into an early grave. Place her index and ring finger on her temple she rubbed at the area hoping to stave off a migraine.

"Ma'am the Sumiyoshi heir is here to pick you and your mother up. Oh I see the troublesome Valentine heir is here as well..joy..." Roberto said walking into the cockpit before shrugging and walking back out the plane.

"If the day couldn't get harder. Okay fine what do you want Alexander? An apology? What?" Aurelia knew she sound harsh and she was losing her calm demeanor. However she had a hard week and she was only human.

Alexander stares at the woman for a moment and he just chuckles. The man then gives a more serious look and he even looks away his face turning a light shade of pink. "Actually at first I was going to get an apology from you, but I seemed to have been proven to be wrong."

The man then looks back and sighs "look I'm going to be honest, I don't know how to lead, I'm even talking to other family members to help me out, I've been trained all my life to fight not lead so when I made the deal with you I thought I could just use you to help me out but you have done nothing to turn your back on me and I guess I've done nothing to hold up my end of the bargain."

The young man let's out a long breath after his rant and a knife comes to his hand. He then grabs the knife by the blade and hands it to the woman "you can count on me if you're ever in danger, also I know you're all scattered right now but... well I have plenty of room at my mansion." The man then shrugs.

"Sorry for being a complete ass."

The young Cosa Nostra leader stared at Alexander amazed at the offer. She could be a bit more reasonable when came to the Valentine don. Honestly she did not have the experience to lead her family either. She was always the princess in her family. Intelligence, power and good-looks did not trump experience. Which she did not have. Maybe working as a team with the man would not be the worst in the world. She really needed help. Taking the knife Aurelia smiled.

"Apology accepted. And I apologize as well. I was wrong to be so unreasonable and uncooperative. I gave you no reason to trust me." Lifting her hand to the sides of Alexander's face. Her hands were close but not touching the young don's face.

"May I? I can form a telepathic bond with you. It will help us communicate nonverbally. You can send thought to me and vise versa. I will also know if your hurt or in trouble."

Aurelia usually never asked permission to do this but this was her olive branch like the knife was Alexander's.

Alexander actually smiled at the woman as she apologies back to the man. He nods at the woman "of course." He says accepting her offer. It would work better if she could warn him if she was hurt anyways. The knife will act as a gateway to her.

The young man wasn't sure if he could actually be help with her current mission but if these bastards also tried stabbing her in the back he could come in a blink of an eye. Even if he was back at his mansion.

Aurelia smiled before gently cradling Alexander's head in her hands. Entering his mind once more she tied a mental string between the two of them. Sighing contently at the warmth flowing through the bond Aurelia smiled and took her hands away from Alexander's face. "Now we can go. Come on. I'm sure you will enjoy Japan." Preparing to walk out the plane, a piercing though came from her mother making grip her head in pain.

'AURELIA DON'T COME OUT!! TAKE ALEXANDER AND RUN!!!' her mother screamed in her head. In a panic over her mother the young woman ran out of the cockpit and to the plane's exit. Only to be greet by seven men standing in a line execution style. Six in black suit, one of them restraining a bleeding Roberto. And one man in a white suit, smirking evilly while holding her mother hostage.

"Ah the princess of the Cosa Nostra joins us at last." Aurelia could recognize that taunting voice anywhere. Daichi.

"Alexander if you can hear me get Aurelia and go! " Fumiko yelled struggling against the Yakuza leader. Aurelia was trying to use her powers against the man but nothing was happening. What going on? Then Aurelia remembered Daichi's power negation abilities. Oh no.

"Thank you Mrs.Inagawa for luring your daughter out. Now unfortunately the Capo don doesn't require your power. Goodbye." With that the man took a knife and slit her mother's throat. And a defense Aurelia could only stand there and watch helplessly.

"Mother!!"

Alexander smiled at the woman and gave her a small nod. He followed her to the exit of the plane but stopped when she started to grip her head. "Aurelia are you alright?" He didn't get a response though as she ran out of the plane.

The young Don heard the cry of Aurelia's mother and the man ran out and didn't hesitate. He went to summon a pistol but realized his powers weren't working, well this was a pain. The young man then grabbed Aurelia and pulled her back inside the plane. Eight men and he couldn't use his powers, now this was a problem.

Alexander looks over at the young girl, he knows shes probably not in the right mindset because her mother died, he was the same way when his father died. The young man growled, he said he'd help protect this family and protect it he will. If he can't use his power then it's got to be one of those goons and there's got to be a limit to those powers "Aurelia, I know you're not alright but we have to deal with this now, you can grieve after we're done, does this guy have any weakness?" He needed to know how to kill this guy.

Aurelia could already feel her mind shutting out everything. Her father was gone, and now her mother. What was Aurelia going to do? She did not know how to run the family. Not without her mother. Tears flowed and ran down her face as she tried to desperately to reach the mental bond between her and her mother. Feeling nothing, due to her death and Daichi's power Aurelia groaned clutching her head. She needed to communicate with someone. Anyone. That is when she heard Alexander. Right. They were still in trouble. Gathering herself together she responded to Alexander question best he could.

"His abilities are to negate power. And every single on of his guards are trained and have special abilities. We just need to get out of his range. Fighting them right now would be foolish." she said while breathing in and out deeply to calm herself. Running over to the cockpit she looked out the window, and smiled slightly when she spotted a car with a driver in the distance about 50 feet away. That must be how Daichi got here.

"Do you think you can move the plane closer to that car? The plane is too fast for Diachi and his men to follow on foot, and there is a car there with a driver their waiting. We can take out the driver and steal the car." she said pointing to the car. Okay she could do this. Just focus.

Alexander stared at the woman then ran over to the cockpit and looked to where she was pointing and he nodded. "I can do that." taking his seat and turning the engines on once more. He starts the plane and drives towards the car. Instantly he can hear the sounds of bullets hitting the plane but it doesn't matter to him. He drives the plan as fast as he can take it and doesn't even stop the plane as he stands up and grabs Aurelia's hand "we're going."

He knew they were a good distance away from the others and hoped his power would work. The man was able to summon another knife and smirked. While the plane was still moving the man saw the car from the open door and threw his blade at the car squeezing the girl's hand. As the knife got close to the car the young man activated his power and warped him and the young girl to the knife. Alexander caught the blade and it disappeared and in its place was a pistol.

The young man didn't hesitate or give any one liners. He instantly shot the driver and opened the door throwing the body out. This was actually a good chance to retaliate. The young man aimed his gun towards the other men and fired off a few rounds. He wanted to make sure he didn't hit Roberto so he made sure to fire at men away from him.

Alexander quickly got into the car and looked to Aurelia "where am I going?"

The whirlwind that was Alexander's powers. She barely got a hold of herself after they teleport. Rushing to the passenger seat she tried thinking of their next plan. The car would be to noticeable if they drove it too long. But they had to get to a safe area. Definitely away from Yakuza presence. Her mother house in Hokkaido. It would be perfect and off the grid. And hopefully by them some time. Her and Alexander were definitely going to need it.

"Sannomiya station." Aurlia replied as she sent him the directions mental hoping that her memory was enough to get them there. It was only fifteen minutes away from the bullet train station. They had to make it there quickly. Kobe had a strong Yakuza presence. Hopefully they could find some way of disguising themselves when they got there.

As soon as he could see the mental image in his head Alexander slammed on the gas and got the car out of there. He glanced at the girl beside him then immediately looked back to the road. He felt bad for this girl but not just for her mother dying. Everything seemed to go wrong around her and all she wanted was to keep her family safe and it just seemed she didn't have the strength to do so. Alexander gripped the steering wheel tightly as he drove as the directions in his head told him. It's a horrible feeling being powerless, he knows it.

The young Don was going to make sure she got out of this, he was also going to make sure they got Roberto back, even if he didn't like the man. Then he was going to wipe out every enemy she had, he made a deal and he wasn't going to go back on it.

He drove the two to the station and the young man immediately gets out of the car and goes to the passenger side opening the door for Aurelia.

"Let's hurry"

Nodding Aurelia got out of the car and immediately ran over to a booth.

"I need two tickets to Shin-hakodate in Hokkaido please." . Using her powers the clerk gave her the tickets without trouble. Aurelia saw that next train was leaving in five minutes. Great that should give them some distance.

"Alexander come on!" she said running into the station, down to platform two where they could catch their train. Seeing the train boarding a huge crowd of passenger she begun blending into the crowd using her mental connection to keep track of Alexander and also so that he could keep track of her. Getting on the train she went over to a random row and sat down.

Alexander watched as the man quickly grabbed their tickets. He saw Aurelia run off and Alexander stayed close to her. He didn't want her to run into any trouble. The issue was when they got into the crowd he lost her. He then felt the mental connection and felt better immediately.

The young man took a random seat and leaned back in it with a smile on his face. He had to pretend he was just any other passenger on here. That didn't stop his eyes from wandering, he was trained to find those that hid well in crowds and thats when he saw Aurelia not too far down.

Alexander let out a long sigh started chatting with a random passenger beside him. He was able to have a conversation until the train stopped and was time for him to get off. The young man stepped with the crowd and stepped off of the train.

He ended up just walking randomly. Though within his mind he tried communicating with Aurelia.

"Just keep walking, lead the way and I'll follow behind, to make sure no one is following."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back