• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Our Thing: Love, Loyalty, and Power

xljmeh.jpg

Name: Alexander Valentine

Personality+: Intelligent, Caring, Crafty, Brave, Open minded.

Personality-: Arrogant, Feisty, Lazy, reckless, ruthless.

Abilities: Alexander can summon weapons to help him fight. Any weapon he has used before he can summon to his side which is also why he collects weapons. He can also teleport to his weapons, so if he throws a knife he can teleport to where it lands, any time he uses his power his left eye glows blue.

Last edited:
Name: Aurelia Valentina Cosa Nostra

Personality:

Positive//Negative

Intelligent//Cynical
Caring//Possessive
Honest//Tactless
Mature//Opinionated
Cheerful//Vindictive

Abilities:
Telepathy-She can read people's minds, peer into the memories, and collect information from peoples' mind. To a degree she can use mind control. She can only control three people at a time, for a maximum of 30 seconds. More complex tasks like mind wiping, and altering people's memories require intense concentration. It sometimes causes her to faint in used to excessively. Aurelia powers developed late so she is still training one growing and using her powers more effectively. When she does use her powers the birthmark on her forehead glows red.

A young green hair women dressed elegantly in white strolled over to her an equally white vanity taking in the bride reflected in the mirror. Hair in an intricate bun. Lace and silk covered her body accentuating her curves. Make up perfect, nothing was out of place. Sighing she glanced down at the veil on the vanity, the last piece to finish the perfect picture. Picking up lace cover headband in her hand she places the metal ring portion on top of her head, the lace lying over her face. There. Everything was perfect, she was ready.

"Aurelia are y-Oh my dear. You look beautiful."

The woman Aurelia was pulled out of her thoughts by her father. Emillio Dante Cosa Nostra. The Don of the Cosa Nosta family. And if everything went well today maybe the Valentine family too.

"Do you think they expect anything father?" Aurelia questioned her birthmark glowing red checking if there was anyone nearby.

Coast was clear.

"No. But we must work fast. They Valentine family are no idiotas. You know what to do my dear." Aurelia smirked at her father inquiry. Distracting the arrogant son would not be difficult. Hopefully her mother, father, and other family member could do the rest. The familiar melody of the Wedding March reached her ears.

"Well it is time." With her father's declaration she laid her hand in his and walked out the room. Within moment she was in the main section of the church walking down the aisle to her future husband with the tempo for everyone to see.

The blonde male stands in front of the mirror taking everything in. Marriage... it seems farfetched for someone like him but if it brings peace to the two families then he'll do it. He doesn't see why he can't just take the family down, he probably could. He unlocked his powers at a young age and he's practiced for so long, the Cosa Nosta family had nothing on him.

The sound of the door opening pulled him from his thoughts and he looked to see his father walk into the room. The older man gives his son a long sigh "your tie isn't even done right" he walks over, doing up the tie for his son "I'd smack you but that would mess up your hair."

The young man's hair was slicked back and he wore a black suit. He didn't want to admit it but the look suited him, made him look more professional. The younger man looks over to his father "I don't trust them" he says quietly.

The older man chuckles "neither do I, so just be on your toes alright, if something goes wrong I expect you to be able to take care of it."

The music for the wedding had started and Alexander takes in a deep breath as he opens the door. As he does his father puts a hand on his son's shoulder "good luck" the man smiles slightly.

The young man sighs and nods as he leaves the room.

"Thanks, I'm gonna need it."

"Ugh the idiota isn't even at the altar yet, Papa." Aurelia whispered under her breath irritated. She felt her father pat her arm, silently telling her to behave. Glancing around the room for a moment before her eyes finally laid on the highly attractive blonde male close to her age. So that is the young Valentine heir. Too bad she had to take care of him, he was quite handsome. The young woman was actually quite nervous. He powers just developed last year, so her control was not the best. However when it comes to the family and her father she would do anything for them. Putting on her most welcoming smile Aurelia let go of her father's arms, and rushed over to the young man slipping her arm in his.

"You must be Alexander! Common we cannot be late to our own wedding!" With that declaration she started dragging Alexander to the alter.

'Go on Papa. I have the Valentine heir. I'll be fine.' she told her father mentally as she headed up to the alter Alexander in tow.

The young man was nervous. More nervous than he had ever been. He didn't trust these guys and he has fought off people before but he had never fought off a whole family before. As Alexander walks into the room he spots his bride to be. She is probably the most beautiful woman he's ever met and that's a problem. It's always the pretty ones that cause the most trouble.

"Yes I am you must b-" the man didn't get to finish his sentence at the woman linked her arm with him and pulled him away. As the two walked to the alter Alexander started to take note of every Cosa Nosta member he could see.

When Alexander reached the alter with his bride to be a smile forms on his lips. "I'm actually a little nervous" he whispers to her. Though he isn't nervous of the fact he was getting married.

He just has a really bad feeling about this. He just hopes for once in his life that he's wrong.

The young bride could feel the tension in the room. She was curious what the Valentine heir was so nervous about. Carefully peering into his mind she found the distrust in her family rolling through every thought in the young man's mind. Well this was less than ideal. Maybe she could help him calm down like a good wide should. A gentle smile worked it way onto her face as the priest begun his normal spiel. Ignoring the dull monologue she focused her attention on Alexander.

Leaning in she whispered, "I'm a bit nervous too. I had not expected the Valentine heir to be so handsome."

Taking his hand in her's was a way to reassure him, but also a means of making sure her powers worked effectively. It was easier to control someone who she was in direct contact with them.

"Now. Aurelia Valentina Cosa Nostra. Do you take Alexander Valentine as you lawfully wedded husband?" This was it. It was now or never.

"I-" she started taking Alexander's free hand into her's. Her birthmark glowing a bright scarlet as she activated her powers freezing the Valentine heir into place. "Don't" she finished signaling the rest of the other members in her family.

"Now!" she heard her father scream, as chaos ensued and the fight begun. Member of her family activating their powers, and launching at the unexpecting Valentine family. A few of the family members surrounded her, making sure if Alexander escaped her grasp nothing would happen to her.

"Well looks like me and you are stuck for a bit." she commented earning a few chuckles from her guards.

Alexander was not one for all the talking at weddings. He was just hoping to get his vows out of the way so he could just get out of here. He looks over to the young woman as she whispers and a smile forms on his lips. Maybe it won't be so bad after all, if she's always like this that is.

Once her hands touched his he almost instinctively flinched away. He's not used to much contact outside of his family, he usually has trust issues with everyone else. The man is able to stay still though, squeezing her hand back as a way of thanks for her trying to reassure him.

The pastor asked Aurelia her vows and Alexander got ready for his. He turns to the woman and allows her to hold his free hand. He smiled at her one more time but his smile faltered when he heard her decline her vows. He made to move but his body wouldn't cooperate. He could only hear the chaos as he was frozen with the woman, one thing he noticed was the glowing mark on her head.

The man goes to move forward but his body still does not cooperate, he sees guards surround her incase he could break free. There wasn't much he could do, he ignored the woman as his eyes darted around trying to find some way to escape.

Alexander noticed his father hiding behind some guards, it looked like he was injured but the man was alive. One thing Alexander noticed was his old man holding up a serrated knife and Alexander recognized it as a knife from his collection. His eyes looks back at the woman in front of him and he smirks.

"No... thanks." As the man spoke his left eye started to glow blue as if it just ignited. The man then simply disappears and reappears holding the knife his father was holding.

Pain shot through Aurelia entire body as she felt the mental connection between her and the Valentine heir snap due to his sudden disappearance. Falling to her knee she held a hand to her birthmark, trying to hold back the pain. Damn it she told her father to make sure none of the damn Valentines had any weapons. This could turn into a major problem and quick. Holding back a pained groan, she rose to her feet unsteadily. Her father's main plan failed, the Valentine don was too protected especially with his son free. But she did notice a couple key Valentine members dead or serious injured. So it was not a complete bust. She noticed her father beginning to be back into a corner by a couple Valentine member. His power probably running low and he looked to be injured.

"Go protect father." her command caused one of the her guards to protest.

"Mistress your fath-" But his protest we cut short by Aurelia's harsh glare.

"If my father dies I will hold you all accountable when I take his place. Now go!"

With the sharp dismissal had the guards scrambling to her father. She watched at they took down their enemies quickly, just in time apparently because her father passed out moments later. The guards quickly collected her father preparing to leave. But not before giving her worried looks.

"I'll be fine! Just make sure he gets to safety. I will follow!" she yelled as she froze a man coming at her flames covering his arm. Well she could use this.

"Go attack your family. Keep them preoccupied." her command was followed with efficiency as a blank look worked its way onto the man's face. Flame burst to life flaring dangerously as he begun attacking his own family member. With that distraction Aurelia started making her way to the church entrance.

Alexander takes the knife and the weapon disappears. "Thanks pops" he says looking at the wound the man has. It looked pretty bad but as long as he got to a hospital he should be fine. The young man turned to look for the woman who trapped him and saw her fleeing the scene. Like he was going to let that happen.

Alexander saw another Valentine member running up to them and his father started to walk towards the man "ah Mikey it's go-"

His father never got to finish as Alexander yelled out a warning but it was too late. An arm of fire had pierced the Dons stomach. Mikey pulled his arm out and let the man fall. Instantly Alexander was on the man a pistol had formed in his hand and without hesitation he shot the man in the head. When he was dealt with he ran over to his father.

"D-Dad?" There was a quiver in Alexander's voice. He grabbed his dad's face and tried to make him look at the young man "c'mon stay with me pops."

The older man was going and with his dying breath he reached up to touch his son's face "protect... the family...." his hand then falls as the life leaves his body.

Alexander stands and turns to where the daughter of the traitorous family was leaving, there was only rage in the young man's eyes. The young man let out one yell.

"AURELIA!!!"

Aurelia was just as shocked herself as she received a rush of memories from the fallen Valentine member. So the Valentine don perished. Well it seemed that everything went according to plan. Distracted by the rush of information she did not notice the Valentine member rushing towards her.

"Your not going anywhere princessa!" Was her only warning as she felt rope like limb around her arms and ankles.

"Shit!" was the only word out her mouth as she slammed into the ground. She could hear her captor chuckle as if amused by her pain. The man casually strolled over to her crouching next to the fallen heiress satisfaction oozed of him. Aurelia slightly lifted her head to meet her captor's gaze. She went to activate her powers, birthmark glowing but was met with her binds tightening. Yelping in pain she was too distracted to focus on her powers.

"Ah. Ah. Wouldn't want you to escape princessa." the man tutted as if disappointed by her meager attempt at escape. Another yelp escaped Aurelia as the man grasped her long hair in his hand using it to lift her head off the ground his face close to hers. "I'm sure our Alex would be so glad to see you"

The woman in response spat on the man face, hoping that she was buying enough time for her father to escape. Her captor only chuckled as he called over the new Valentine don.

Alexander heard one of his men call him over and he looked to see the heir tied up. He couldn't help but chuckle at that. The man walks over and kneels down beside the girl. His eye glows as a gun materializes in his hand. He pressed the barrel of the gun to the woman's forehead.

"I really want to shoot you" he says simply. He then smirks at the girl and devious look could be seen in his eyes "but that would be too nice." The man then stands up and brushes off the dirt on his clothes. He then looks to the man who captured the girl "make sure she doesn't go anywhere." He then steps over the girl but before he walks away he looks down at the girl.

"An eye for an eye."

With that the young man takes of sprinting to where he saw the Don of the Costa Nosta family was dragged away to.

"Looks like your papa dead princessa. And then you will be next." her captor taunted with a vindictive smirk. Aurelia let out an almost animalistic growl.

"Oh ho ho! Scary but your not going anywhere just sit tight."

No. The young heir could just sit around while her father was in danger. Her birthmark glowed again as she felt the rope around her tighten in warning.

"Didn't you learn the first time young lady." Aurelia ignored the taunt concentrating finding a mind close enough to control.

'There' she thought as she took control of one of the Valentine members in the next room. Blood begun running down her nose as she over exhausted herself. 'Come and free me and keep your family member busy.' With that last command she smirk as she hears a walk crumbling and a huge man with a signature plank look charge at her captor.

"Damn it." The man curse as the hulking man slammed into him and into the opposite wall. Freed Aurelia charged down the hallway sending out a warning to her father's guards. Spotting the Valentine heir she quickly connect her mind with his. Yes this idea was stupid but it was the only was to protect her father. Digging into what energy she had left she sent the illusion of her father and his guard running in the opposite direction hoping to get the heir off their path.

Alexander spotted the Don and his guard and he rushed forward at them. While doing so the man made a knife appear. The man was about to throw the blade when he see the Don and guard make a sharp turn all of a sudden.

The new Don shook his head as he ran after the man. This is fucking ridiculous, why did he even want this? They would have lIved in peace. This makes the young man angrier and he throws his knife at the two. Instead of directly hitting of the them the man threw the knife so it flew past them, but as soon as the knife made it the young man an used his powers warp to the knife. He takes the blade and spins cutting the throat of the guard.

Except he didn't hit anything. The man stops and stares where he saw the Don and the guard. They weren't there... it was an illusion. He sighed as he turned back to run and hopefully catch up with the Don.

"Damn it I can't lose him... they need to pay" he says with almost a growl. He needed to reach the Don before he got away.

"Great" she mumbled to herself as she felt nauseous immediately after casting the illusion. As she saw the young don head in the opposite direct of her father and his guard she rushed down the hallway that her father was in. Spotting the guard she crouched down spotting grievous injuries on the both of them slowly them down tremendously. Her father just regaining consciousness, but still very weak.

"Father. I lead him off our trail." she told her father crouching down exhausted. Blood started running down her down her face from her eyes and nose.

"Valentina my dear. You have pushed to hard today. You have to stop." Aurelia chuckled at her father's worry. For such a scary power-grabbing man, she was her father's world. Feeling the handkerchief wipe away the blood at her face, she push it away and directed it to her father's side wound.

"Stop you need it more for your wounds." The heiress goes to stand but her feet collapse under her, dizziness consuming her. Shit. She needed to convince her father to leave.

"Father you need to go. The Valentine heir is after you. I can distract him." he warning doesn't faze her father as he just chuckled in response.

"Valentina. If he wants me he can have me. You are much more important. With your power you can control so much once you master them. Men take her." she arms lift her from under her knees and back.

"Wait. Father!" she cried as she spotted the Valentine don and her father walking confidently right towards him.

The young Don growls as he runs back to find the Don. The man turns into the hallway he saw the Don and the guard run into. The man sees the Don walking towards him.

The old man must have known this meant his death, yet he walker towards Alexander with no fear. The young Don noticed Aurelia in the distance with the guard. They didn't seem to be doing top well either have he was done with the Don he could just kill the daughter and be done with this family.

As the two Dons walked towards each other the younger ones eye glow as a pistol gets brought into his hand and he aims it at the man "I don't have time to listen to you." The man didn't say anything else as he pulled the trigger three times. He wanted to make sure he died.

He sees the daughter and the guard in the distance and he starts to run after the two, he wanted do watch this family burn for what they did.

"Papa." Aurelia could feel her father's mind go black as he died. The one strong beacon of light that was her father was extinguished. Tear of blood ran down her face a she felt the guard frantically running towards the exit.

"Roberto put me down. I won't have you die too." Her father's right hand man stared at the young heir in shock.

"Milady we cannot lose you too. Just hang on." Clutching her tighter in his arms the man activated his superpower his speed increasing. Aurelia could only nod, knowing the man was right. She's was one of the only telepath in the family. Maybe even the country. She could not die and leave her family defenseless. Her birthmark activating one more time she connected to the young don mind once again blackening out the man's eyesight ensuring their escape.

"Get us out of here Roberto." was the last words out her mouth before all she knew was darkness.

The young Don knew he could reach them. He actually aimed his gun at the two. The problem was that as soon as he aimed at the two they seemed to have disappeared. The girl had gotten him again. It didn't matter that much, he would just have to crush them later.

The young man turned back and let out a long breath. He didn't realize how much he tired himself out. The young man starts to walk back, he head to make sure his family was alright.

When the young man arrived he was glad to see many of the Casto Nosta family have retreated and most of the Valentine family were fine. He looks at the two bodies he recognizes though. Mikey the right hand man and his father who were both laying on the ground.

"Gather the bodies and let's get out of here, we have a funeral to attend to then we take down that family." As he looks down at his father's face one last time something in him doesn't feel right. As one of the members pass him Alexander stops the man "hey, I ended up killing the Casto Nosta Don, though it's not right to leave him there, grab his body and send it back to his family so they can have a proper funeral for the man." The guard nods and runs off to the job assigned for him.

Alexander starts to walk out of the church and into one of the many cars parked out front. "The new generation takes over" the young man says with one long sigh.

"Milady! Milady! Wake up."

Aurelia awakened to see her mother, and Roberto staring at her worried. Light peering into the window, its warmth on her face. The woman could felt the soft fabric of her Egyptian cotton of her cover under her fingertip. She was home. Home, without her father.

"Mama."

"I know darling. Just rest." with that her mother pat her lightly on the hand before exiting the room.

Aurelia glance at her father right hand man. No. Her right hand man. "What do we do Roberto? Father is dead. I don't want his power." Aurelia was always willing to help her father's power grow. But to take his position. It felt wrong. "Why did the Capo want the Valentine family dead? Why did father agree to his contract?" her questions cause Roberto to shift uncomfortably.

"Why Roberto? Tell me now." her demand cause the man to sigh.

"The Capo threaten to take you Aurelia. You know your father loves you. And the don owned the Capo. You life or the life of the Valentine don. You know what he chose." the explanation did not bring any comfort to Aurelia only ore problems.

"Damn it. We have not only the Valentine family on our list of enemies. But the Capo too? Shit." she knew of the Capo. A huge, violent, and very powerful family in the city. Only second to the Valentine family. If her father owed the don she knew he had no choice. Lifting herself to an upright position she gave Roberto a determined look. "Well father problems are now my own. And I will protect my familia at any cost. Let get a funeral for father prepared, and then we must get the family ready for the toughest fight of their lives." Turning her head to stare out the window she saw storm clouds rolling in.

"And so the next generation moves into power." she mumbled tears flowing down her cheeks.

Alexander let's out a sigh as he was driven back to the mansion. His father was dead, the right hand man was gone. This day had been a disaster. He's just hoping his mother made it out, she seemed to disappear as soon as the fighting broke out.

The young man notices the car stop and Alexander climbed out. He noticed that his mother stepped out if a car ahead of him. The man walks up and his mother hugs the young man tightly.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save him" he holds the woman close.

The two hug for a while but the woman pulls away and shakes her head "I'm just glad you're safe" she says. The woman turns "lets go inside, you are the new Don now and we must prepare for a funeral then you need to prepare for a fight."

"Milady we need to do something about this. We have lost no less than five key members in the last week. The Valentine family is hunting us down." Aurelia could only stare at Roberto his statement just fueling her anger at the Valentine family.

"Don't forgot Roberto we have had our strikes as well." In the last week their family gas killed three high ranking members of the Valentine family. Two of them by her hand. If the Valentine Don wanted a war she would give it.

This was a mess. Her fued with the Valentine Don is cutting into the family's expense. Many were to afraid to conduct business with the family now due to either her father's death or the fear of getting on the Valentine bad side by being connected to the Cosa Nostra family.

"Damn it this is a mess."She mumbled to herself.

This was it. Alexander was going to take down the Costa Nosta family today. The young man decided that it would good to go with stealth this time. The young man had other members of us family hidden within the property of the Costa Nosta home. They would only be needed if he was caught. He gave one of the men his knife so the young Don could warn them if he failed.

Alexander summons a crossbow to his hand as he slips through a window on the bottom floor. The young man creeps down a hall and notices two members of the Costa family turn. The one member noticed Alexander but before he could say anything a crossbow bolt hit the man directly in the forhead, the other guard turned to look at the shooter and found he had already moved in front of him, before the body even fell Alexander had warped to the crossbow bolt and pulled it out of the man's head and proceeded to stab the other man in the throat.

Both bodies fell to the ground and Alexander sighs he switches his weapon to a small silenced pistol. It would be easier to carry. The young man then crept along the hallway and headed upstairs. He wasn't sure if that's where the Dons room was but that's what he was hoping.

Something was wrong. Aurelia felt two of her men's mind just go blank. That only meant two things. They were blocking her or they died. Either way it meant terrible news. Her sudden silence during their meeting caused Roberto to immediately take guard.

"What is it mistress?" She knew her right hand was worried. Whatever was happening she was on alert.

"Roberto. As calmly as you can. Tell the other to search for any suspicious member amount out ranks. Something isn't right." Her right hand nodded immediately exiting her room. Aurelia could take care of herself. Her familia came first.

Once the man was out the room Aurelia concentrated, her birthmark glowing brightly in her dimly lit room. She searched through each mind her home. She recognized a few months that didn't belong to any of her men. Sending an image of each person she didn't recognize to Roberto. She'll let him take care of the rest. With her super speed he can incapacitate most of the intruders in the build. She smirked as Roberto sent her a mental image of taking down one intruders, and she immediately recognized them as one of the Valentines.

'Take care of the rest of them Roberto.' With that message sent she went to her bed and waited. After all she had to greet a certain Don that hand the audacity to enter her home unannounced.

The young Don heard some noise and immediately hid in one of the rooms. Once he heard the passing footsteps the man leaves the door, the man was going fast and that meant the Casto Nosta family was worried. He had to hurry.

The young man continued to move down the hall and he noticed a pair of big doors and he almost scoffed. It was pretty easy funding this place. He had the feeling he was already noticed so instead of sneaking in the man stands up fully.

With his gun in hand the young Don opens the door and aims the gun at the young woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back