• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Our Small Victory: "Eryn's notepad"

Page 2: Eryn details his observations about his powers for future reference.

Hello there, future reader, which is hopefully me, because otherwise it means you stole this notebook which isn’t nice. You’re here because you want to look back on the observational notes that I, i.e you, made about our two powers. Don’t worry buddy, I got you.

The first of the two powers, telekinesis. You already get the general gist, move stuff with my mind, yadda yadda yadda. However, my specific variant seems to differ from ESPer based telekinesis, in that I rely more on muscle memory rather than mental focus. I could be concussed and unable to make sense of anything, and would still be able to use certain moves that I’m used to. The drawback to this is that I experience physical “feedback” or “recoil” when I use it for especially taxing tasks such as moving heavy objects and exerting tremendous force in general. So far I’ve only experienced mild muscle injuries as a result but I imagine that there are much worse things that can happen to me if I’m not careful.

The feedback, while mostly being a disadvantage, can also be a blessing. The feedback combined with the fact that I can detect irregular kinetic activity as a side-effect of telekinesis, allows me to use something I've named "TK Sonar". It's not so useful in a crowd, but it makes it a lot harder to sneak up on me.

My eyes also glow blue when I use it in high amounts, and is actually the reason why my eye color permanently went from brown to being stained blue when I was like 8 years old, when I first started to use my powers.

The second of my two powers, invisibility. Allows me to enter a state where electromagnetic waves, including light, are unable to pass interact with me, therefore invisibility. I’m not sure why I don’t go blind whenever I use it, since science and stuff, but my powers seem to be paranormal in nature either way so there’s that explanation I guess. The nature of my invisibility variant also makes me undetectable to X-rays, radars, infrared lasers and such. However, I’m still vulnerable to things like sonar, echolocation, smoke screens, and heat imagery cameras. I also seem to get tired more easily while invisible, but not to a great extent.

My powers also seem to be temporarily nullified by EMPs and electrical attacks such as tasers, so that’s something to watch out for.

I’ll add more stuff to this page as I learn more about my powers.

Edit:
Apparantly my powers have something to do with a "Blue Fragment" that Angel-gang have been referring to. They apparantly know more about my powers than I do. Recently I've also been hearing a voice in my head claiming to be said blue fragment, who is able to remove or impose a power limiter I apparantly have and speed up my perception, as well as other body functions such as metabolic rate.

Last edited:
Pages 3 to 22: These pages, which used to have details about heroes that Eryn admired, have been ripped out one by one as each hero eventually died or disappeared.

Page 23: Eryn makes observations about a villain he sees in a battle that he once spectated.

SUPLEX STAN

This here's a little reference sheet I made for the dude I saw fighting Z3NM0 during one of his twitch streams. He wasn't fully defeated, so I thought this might be useful if I ever came across him.

Ok, so this guy, he's big and bulky like a pro wrestler but bigger, right? But he also wears a ski mask that's been painted red and yellow, and those are basically all his identifying factors. Like, come on, even MY costume is more creative than that. Anyway, besides being bulletproof, he also seems to be able to instantly drain and store kinetic energy for later use. I thought telekinesis would make poor Newton roll in his grave, but this guy one-ups me in that regard.

COUNTERMEASURES

Well for one thing, I, i.e we, definitely don't want to use melee attacks on him. Like, just don't. And as I said before, he's bulletproof. It seems that blunt force spread out over a wide-ish area (at least as wide as a standard hammer as a rule of thumb) can be effective against him, although Z3NM0 just kept flying him up and dropping him until he ran away. Chucking heavy things at him might be effective, but it won't do much good if he sees it coming. I guess the best strategy against him is the element of surprise?

EDIT: I just remembered that I can turn invisible, so as for the element of surprise, that shouldn't be an issue unless I really screw up prior.

Last edited:
Page 24: Eryn makes notes on another hero

AEGIS
Although I better know her as Sydney Rose, since she's in my art class. She wears a maroon-ish hooded cloak and a simple, white, expressionless stage mask. She also has a visible rapier worn at her side, and I'd assume she knows how to use it considering I remember her talking about having a fencing hobby.

She has the ability to create various types of forcefields or shields at long range. These are typically in the form of light-blue glass-like walls that don't stand up to much abuse but she's capable of stronger bubble-like shields too. From what I can tell, she can freely manipulate existing wall shields.

Despite rarely fighting directly, she has a reputation for how helpful she can be. It is generally accepted that if her shields appear during one of your battles, she's most likely going to make damn certain that you'll survive. Maybe not in one piece, but you'll still live.

She also plays drums. Kinda makes me feel bad about dropping the guitar a few years ago. I barely remember how to play. Maybe I'll take it up again someday.

Page 25: Eryn describes the beings seen at Angel's Massacre, the event that preceded the first recorded superhero dissapearance by a mere 2 days. A staggering amount of heroes were killed in this incident, marking the beginning of the "dark age" in which heroes could no longer operate out in the open. The only reason he hasn't torn this page out, or the reason he made it in the first place, is because he knows that this thing is not dead yet.

The Angel
Angel-00.png
I can hardly bare to recall it. A massive beast that tore through the heroes' forces. It's big enough for it's wingspan to spread out over a few blocks, and although it has the illusion of feathers, this thing is purely mechanical. It only rarely flaps it's metal wings, which are used to generate a gust of wind as an attack. An effective one too, considerin it collapses buildings with ease. It hovers through some other means. It has a forcefield that only becomes visible when hit, and a damn durable one at that. There's a glowing spot on the sphere, which can move around on it's surface like some kind of eye. From it, the angel fires destructive beams that can either slice through the ground, spontaneously combust anything they touch, or even spawn explosions at the point of impact. This thing even emits EMPs. My drawing might be shit, but it's absolutely terrifying in person.

The Sentinels

Sentinel.png
These were present at the massacre, assaulting heroes and civilians alike on the ground while the angel freely wreaked havoc from above.

I never actually fully encountered one of these, but I came close and have heard reports made by Sydney and other heroes that came in contact. The drawing is a very basic impression I got from other people. They're metallic, heavy, and apparantly around 9 feet tall. Sydney described their arms as being able to shift into various bladed weapons, powerful and sharp enough to completely shatter her rapier AND her bubble shields with no trouble at all. Sydney said they moved with total efficiency, almost always syncing their movements with one another, and showed absolutely no fear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back