• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

download.jpeg
- The Void -

Loki parted the jagged island with the obelisk with his giant hand as though it was smoke. The smoke blew past them, as did the tilted floating broken lands, though the Ancient did not move. Isa could see the wrinkles and stretches of the giant palm he stood on and the branches of blue veins that stretched across the three pale fingers. They came out of a cloud of dust and shadows into an abstract reality where what Isa saw mirrored him, so that he was looking into himself again. If it was not for the constant landmark of the giant still Ancient looming over him, it felt as though one would get lost in oneself. Over and over in a loop that didn't end.

The void. Whatever it is. It wasn't something man's mind could comprehend.

Isa would feel a poke on his knee. And then he woke up. He was sitting cross-legged in the lotus position on grass in the same place he found himself in when he stepped through the portal. Except instead of the obelisk behind him it was a tree and more of the 'sun' was shining around them, and the jagged island was covered in grass, some bushes, and there were stone steps now, leading down to nowhere. There was even that same slanted ruined building in the distance, only it had flowers and a small grove of trees growing on top.

Loki's finger withdrew from Isa's knee. The Ancient was his size know, albeit tall, very tall. His neck was too long under the hood that showed only darkness and that wide grin that reached past the hollow eyes. His arms were folded strangely under his cloak, as though he had two elbows, like the curling of a spider's leg. The pale hands that were clasped together though looked human, except for the part that they had only three long fingers. No feet protruded from the long robe, though he walked and sat across Isa on the grass as though he had legs.

"Good morning, child. Drink. It's been seventeen days."

He nodded at Isa's side. There was a cup there that looked familiar. One of the cups he had as a child back in his home. There was what looked like simple water inside.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- The Void -

“Hng.” Isa grunted, squinting his eyes open as the poking finger stopped poking. He looked around, muttering “When did I go to sleep?” The redhead faintly recalled being in the Shadow Veil, not in a grassy plain and ruins—- not that he was complaining. It’s a lot more comfortable here. He sleepily stared at Loki who sat across from him and nodded. He reached for the familiar blue cup with a cute fox chasing after a leaf and sipped the water as he listened. Only to gulp noisily.

“Go-good morning, Loki. Thank you ..... Seventeen days?!” He slept that long?! Moss must be worried. “Oh boy, I hope he’s okay...Where are we?” He asked.

Zer0 Zer0

- The Void -

"We are in the same place, only different." said the Ancient. "A more pleasant mirror of where you first stepped into." The water was cool and fresh. If Isa looked back into his cup there was water there again as though he had not drunk from it. "Who is 'he'?" Loki tilted his head.

Katsuya Katsuya

- The Void -

”Ahh~” Isa nodded, looking into his cup to see it refilled. Then he smiled warmly. “Moss, my friend and travel companion. We got separated after stepping into the portal we fixed up. We were hoping to reach the Sunken temple that’s close to Highlands, but I came here instead.”

”Not that I didn’t want to visit you, Loki. It’s more of I didn’t know I could.” The redhead sipped the water again. “I bet Moss is looking for me.”

Zer0 Zer0

- The Void -

"I didn't know you could either." said Loki, curiously. "The tear in the veil that you stepped through closed so quickly, burried by the next moment of your existence that I could not catch hold of it to peer through. Curious . . . No one has ever torn it for the past . . . hmmm . . . Forty years . . . Ahh, the one you told me about. The one you wanted me to guide. The one I told you to say 'look to the Southern Lights'." Loki's head turned a hundred and eighty degrees, as he looked behind him at something.

"He is dreaming, your friend." Loki looked back at Isa. "Unfortunately it does not tell me where he is. Do you want to leave now?" Loki sounded sad, but understanding.

Katsuya Katsuya

- The Void -

Someone else came to the Shadow Veil forty years ago? That’s so cool.

“Yes, him.” Isa patiently waited, sipping the refilled water as Loki looked behind him. He perked up, grinning. “I can’t stay for long, but I don’t need to leave right now. You wanted to know what happened, right? However, is it possible to leave a message in his dreams? Let him know that I’m okay and will see him soon?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- The Void -

Loki, steepled his six long fingers together. "Of course, my child, do you wish to tell me what happened first, or do you wish to visit his dreams?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- The Void -
“I shall tell you first and before I leave, I’ll visit his dreams.” Isa decided. Looking down at his lap, the redhead twiddled his thumbs.

”You waited long enough, Loki.” He said. “I just don’t know where to start.”

Last edited:
- The Void -

With a nod, Isa took a deep breath and sighed.

”It started out normal: I finished my studies with Gramps and went home. Uncle greeted me and we ate dinner, talked about what we were doing. Then after I finished cleaning the plates, Uncle called me to the lounging area...” The teen gulped, swallowing down his scathing remarks. “He showed me this machine he was making, said it will be an answer to all they wanted, but he needed something powerful. I asked him ‘What do you need?’... Loki, he looked at me in the eyes and said ’you.’“

He took another deep breath, a hand clutching his pant leg. That memory is still fresh in his mind. “Next thing I knew, I couldn’t breath. I tried running away, but it was futile. I fell to the ground as I hear my uncle chant something ... forbidden. I knew it was Black speech mixed with an ancient language, I just didn’t know what-“ Isa’s tone shifted to a growl.

”I...my markings that you blessed with Mom’s prayer was peeling off my skin. Choking me. He poured something on me and it burned. I thought I was going to die...but then, right before I fainted, I felt a snap and can hear my uncle getting angry.” Isa snarled at the end. Blinking back his tears as he looked at the Ancient. Yellow veins invading his indigo eyes as his anger grew.

”He said ‘No! I need your soul too-‘” The redhead leaned back. Taking deep breaths over and over again to get a grip as the memories tormented his head. “When I woke up, rotting by demon miasma, and scarred from my markings gone; Gramps and the Doc— they were angry too. I just- I can’t believe he just- ...He. Did. The same. Thing. To my Mother-!” His grip on the cup tightened, trembling hands looking more monstrous the more Isa explained. Loki can feel the aura around Isa changed, darker and rancid. Anger pent up over the months and it’s rather incredible that Isa could hide such an intense side. The teachings of the Sect head must have been etched in the boy’s mind for him to achieve this: ‘Hidden in truths, lie lies. Hidden in lies, hides the truth. That is the Veil. That is an illusion.’

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- The Void -

The Ancient's head drooped as he listened to Isa's story. He waited for his anger to pass.

Taking the blue cup patterned with a cute fox chasing a leaf, he put it in front of him in the grass. The water within rippled, and Isa's reflection on the surface changed: obsidian claws dripping with blood, pulling out of a burned corpse with silver hair and glassy teal eyes. Moss who had tried and failed to bring Isa back. Wrathful golden eyes shrouded in smoke and flame looking down at his ravaged friend, not recognizing him, not even remembering that he was Isa Bianchi and not a demon of wrath.

"The path you are on, my child, the anger you are feeding, it will bring upon you only more pain." said Loki sadly. "But if that is your choice nonetheless, I will once more grant you my power."

Isa suddenly found himself looking at his own back. He was sitting before himself in the grass under the tree. His skin was normal, and the old tattoos that had once faded, taken by his uncle, were now back as clear as the day they were first inked on his skin.

"But the demon poison coursing inside you," Black rotten looking skin appeared over the tattoos, warping them, but not making them disappear, "that is something I cannot restore." He gestured once again to the cup. The Isa before him was gone, and Loki was sitting before him once more. The water shimmered, and on the surface that same book he's been having dreams about appeared. "But the knowledge in this book can. Your uncle was searching for this as well even before what he did to you, his dreams had been full of dark desires."

Katsuya Katsuya

The silence around them was broken every time Isa huffed heavily as he gathered his composure. Once he did, calm enough to not physically heave, the redhead gulped. He loosened his grip as Loki pulled the cup out of his hand. His clearing eyes widened, seeing himself kill Moss. His head snapped up, brows furrowed as he listened. He never wants to hurt others, much less the people who he cares the most.

But...if he let his uncle go, his uncle will continue to hurt others; murder them for his ‘mining’.

Isa perked up, eyes wide when he saw himself with his markings and- he pulled up his sleeves and saw his markings. Then he hugged Loki, forgetting that he is hugging an ancient that can wipe him from the face of the world. “Thank you so much- I can work with that!” Moss is probably going to freak out when he suddenly show up with tattoos all over his body but Isa didn’t care. His bond is back!

With a firm nod, the redhead leaned back. Conflicted about his goals, but neither the less, happy to have his connection once more. “Okay. Then I shall look for this book and stop my uncle.” He swore. How he’ll stop him...Isa still believes that he needs to die, but if there’s an alternative, then...he’ll think about it more later.

“ ...May we visit Moss’ dream?” Isa asked, smiling wide.

Zer0 Zer0

images (47).jpeg
- The Void -

The Ancient did not stirr when Isa hugged him. It felt like hugging an immovable statue that felt skeletal with many folded limbs under the shadows of the hood. The wide, wide grin beneath the mask softened, as Loki looked down.

One of his pale hands patted Isa on the head. "You are welcome, my child. So this is what a hug feels like . . . Fascinating." he whispered. " . . . It is like a prayer, but without words. I feel your gratitude very much. " This must probably be the first time this Ancient ever received a hug.

When Isa leaned back, Loki had already stood up and was slouching over towards the edge of the floating grassy island. "Come then. Jump down into his dreams with me." And he waited for Isa to follow him, before he jumped down, down into the abyss.

They fell softly into darkness, their feet landing down as though they had merely jumped a foot down on some unseen floor. Loki kept walking forward into the unknown, and then he stopped. "We're here." The masked hood turned to Isa. "I cannot go inside. Your friend doesn't hear me, he does not believe I am real. I cannot go into where I am not wanted. But you are . . . He wants you very much. Do not worry about getting lost in his dreams, a friend will guide you. And I will be waiting here. Call me and I will show you the door out. Take a step forward when you're ready."

If Isa did that he will suddenly find himself back in Cascata 'del Oceano, on the front porch of someone's cottage by the ocean. And there before him was Moss talking to someone in a strange black mask? framed in a scenery of winter celebrations.

Katsuya Katsuya

- The Void -

Standing up and walking over to the edge, Isa looked at Loki and nodded. Jumping with the ancient as they floated down to the abyss. He was surprised by how quickly they reached the bottom — ah, but this is the Void. Anything can happen here. He followed Loki, wondering to himself how this ancient can see the dreams when all Isa can see is darkness. He almost bumped into the ancient, letting out a squeak of surprise before listening to his words.

He can feel his cheeks heating up when Loki mentioned of how Moss wants him very much. Face turning as red as his hair. This is the second time Loki mentions of Moss’ feelings...Isa is starting to wonder about it but...

”Okay.” Isa mumbled. A friend will guide him? He wondered if it’s the same spirit that’s guiding Moss. So with a nod and a deep breath, the redhead walked through. Suddenly finding himself back in Cascata del‘ Oceano. There were familiar winter festival decorations all over, but Isa wasn’t drawn to the lights or twinkling mirth. No, he was staring at Moss and a guy he never seen before. Perhaps, he is the other friend Moss mentioned before, is what Isa thought. So he walked closer to the cottage.

”Moss?” Isa greeted, grinning impishly. Hands tucked in his coat pockets.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss' Dreams -

Moss looked up. "Isa, hi, buddy, Happy Winter's Crest!" he grinned.

"Hey, Isa," nodded the blonde man who sounded familiar, "help yourself to ale inside." he gestured in the cottage. This was Tybalt, albeit younger, not as scruffy or haunted looking, and strangely he didn't have a horn on his forehead. "Though stay away from Moss' cookies in the kitchen, he reckons it's a failed baking experiment, though it tastes alright."

"Tastes alright, but gives you handlebar mustaches, I'm still trying to shave off mine." said Moss who suddenly grew an orange handlebar mustache that he patiently snipped off with a seraph dagger.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Moss’ dream -

Now that he had a closer look, Isa is surprised that the guy with the bunny mask is Tybalt. Younger and less scruffy and not drunk screaming into the ocean air. The redhead laughed.

“I’ll get some ale later. Nee, Tybalt mind if ya scoot? I wanna talk with Moss alone for a hot minute.” Isa asked, casually leaning against the porch rails like the other two.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss' Dreams -

Tybalt looked surprised, but he was smiling. He gave Moss the eyebrow waggle, to which said Moss became awkward all of a sudden and looked away, trying hard not to smile?

Tybalt looked back at Isa knowingly and grinned. "Of course!" He said too loudly, to genialy. "Let's talk later Moss, I'll be inside." And he gave Moss a clap on the shoulder as though he was wishing him luck in storming a fortress.

"He's all yours, Isa." He winked, and stepped into the cottage where it sounded like there was a party inside.

Moss too casually, turned back at Isa. "What did you want to talk about?" He said nonchalantly, face unreadable.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Moss’ dream -

Wow...the insinuation is strong with this one.

“Thanks, man.” Isa said, looking away as he blushed. He waited until he heard the door close behind him and Moss asked. All too casually. Is his heart pounding again? It is. With a deep breath, smelling the festive ale and eggnog, the redhead stared back at the merman. His grin softened to a warm smile.

”...” Should he? The temptation is too real and Isa couldn’t pass it up. “Wellll~ ... I...I got a present for you.”

Yep. He couldn’t resist. With the twinkling lights around them and the sun setting into it’s dark nap, Moss looked handsome. White hair shining like newly fallen snow in the morning, teal eyes as clean and clear as the ocean shores with a winning smile to boot —— Isa decided to go with the flow.

”But you have to close your eyes.” Isa muttered shyly, hiding his hands behind his back as he slightly swayed in place.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss' Dreams -

"S-sure!" said Moss trying to look ignorant, but the smile was giving him away. He closed his eyes, his face blushing furiously.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Moss’ dream -

Isa chuckled, his smile growing warm as he spotted that excited smile. Dawwww~ his face turned red- not that his own wasn’t heating up too.

Walking closer to the merman, Isa waved a hand —- his hand was clear from the miasma and with his tattoos on — to make sure Moss really did have his eyes closed. Then he tenderly cupped his slightly cold cheeks; Moss would feel a soft warm thumb gently rubbing on his cheeks. The redhead leaned in, pushing himself up by going on the forefront of his feet. His warm breathe mingled with Moss’ minty ones, puffs of cold clouds hazed the view a bit, not that Isa minded it. His lids lowered halfway, tilting his head to the right a bit, as he timidly brushed his lips on Moss’.

Then he pressed in, fully kissing his crush.

It felt really good. Isa could barely hold back his joy as he lets out a tiny hum.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss' Dreams -

Moss let out a sigh, melting, and then enthusiastically smooched Isa back. A warm hand covered Isa's, long fingers entwining with his and squeezed, as he tasted tea and chocolate chip cookies on Moss' lips. His other hand slid down Isa's other arm and held that hand too, squeezing meaningfully.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Moss' Dreams -

It got better~ He tastes so much better~

Isa fluttered his eyes closed, squeezing back Moss’ hands meaningfully. After a few minutes of the world stopping time, the redhead leaned back, breaking their kiss as he opened his eyes dazedly. Indigo blues gleaming from the lights around them. His now very pink lips parted, gingerly bumping foreheads and nuzzling affectionately. “Moss...”He whispered, smiling sweetly.

”I-I wanted to give ya my first kiss...for a while now.” Isa admitted, cheeks tinting red. Squeezing his hands again and Moss can feel his racing pulse.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss' Dreams -

Moss looking pleasantly sleepy, nuzzled Isa's forehead too. His lips stayed close, brushing with Isa's, as he whispered. "That was your first kiss?" Teal eyes, looked into his surprised, humbled, and honored. "Thank you." Moss smiled at Isa and then wrapped his arms around him, hugging him tight. His heart was beating joyfully. "Isa, will you go out with me?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Moss’ dream -

“Mrph~” Isa chuckled, wrapping his arms around Moss’ neck to be closer as they hugged; standing on his tippy-toes. If only this dream was real...

The redhead leaned in, lips gingerly teasing Moss’ ear as he whispered. “I would love to, Moss.”

”Isa? Isa- whoops!” A red headed woman hid behind the corner of the cottage, giggling. Isa tilted his head a bit, revealing his neck to Moss.

”Yes, Mom?” He asked casually, like he hadn’t just kissed his crush.

”We need to go, Sweetie~ Your grandfather‘s back gave out after fighting the carnival vendor and he’s too heavy to carry-!”

”Alright, mom. Give me a minute?”

”Of course, honey bun!” Isa rolled his eyes, hearing his mother giggling. Then he pecked Moss again, purring on his lips. “I’ll be back to your side, Moss. I promise~ Just wake up soon, okay?”

Then he backed away slowly, not letting go of Moss’ hand until he couldn’t hold on anymore. Still smiling sweetly. “I’ll see you soon, Moss~”

As he turned around the corner, he followed his mother, seeing her turn into ashes blown into the wind as he heard a familiar whale hum. His smile tightened into a happy grin. “The highlands, huh? Alright.” Suddenly, Isa found himself in front of Loki, the darkness behind him rippled.

”I’ll be leaving now, Loki. Thank you for everything and more.”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
The Highlands
images (48).jpeg
- Sunken Temple -

Moss startled the moment Isa's mom appeared, looking embarassed to be caught kissing his son without her permission, though he did not let go of Isa and politely called after her. "H-happy Winter's Crest, Mrs. Bianchi!"

He became pudding once more when Isa pecked him, his lips chasing his for more. "What do you mean back to my side?" He murmurred, dazed but confused. "I am awake" He was surprised, Isa backed away. He held on his hand. "What are you talking about? --- Isa, wait, why are you just leaving?" He looked hurt and confused, as he followed him around the corner, but the dream was fading, and once more the Ancient stood in front of Isa in the darkness of the void.

Loki's ever present grin turned into a sad frown. He stepped aside, and there was a slide that looked familiar, one from Isa's childhood. Carved out of smooth polished stone, surrounded by grass and the conforting scent of home. "Think hard of where you wish to go, and you will come out safely on the other side. Farewell, child, this has been a pleasant visit."

If Isa slid down the the slide, he would wake up in the lotus position in the dark surrounded by the sounds of crickets and frogs, and the squeaks of passing bats overhead. The carved stone slab he sat on felt steady under him, and the air smelled of rain, leaves, and damp undergrowth.

A cast of flames and Isa would find himself inside the ruins of a stone chamber dripping with water. Intricate runed carvings surrounded the slab he had found himself on. Runes similar to the portal in Windshear. There was no one around him. There was a shaft, half collapsed, with a ripe ladder flung down. Climbing it, Isa would see a vast temple ruins spread out before him. He was on an island, at sea. The full moon casting a silver glow upon the gently lapping waves.

In the distance was a mainland and Isa could see, hanging under the moon, the silhouettes of giant floating islands. He had come to The Highlands at last.

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back