• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Our Prison Made Us the Monsters they Feared [Very Weird, Space Fantasy Thing]

Eccentric_Undead

Oddity is the mother of creation. Be weird.
1753ebddd320051359eac0e079984f00.jpg

350,000 years ago, 12 of the thirteen members that made up the High Council met. They discussed, argued and created a plan. A plan to ride the heavens of the one true scourge within the vastness of the universe. In its wake, the universe and all those magical beings within, were merely victims in the path of evolution. This scourge took everything and left destruction in its path. No life, resource or planet was safe from its crusade of cruelty. It spread like a virus and killed indiscriminately. A force without equal or conscience, evil at its utmost foul. Something that every member of the council would need to work in tandem if they had even a passing hope to stop it. This scourge, known as humanity.

In the times before humanity was imprisoned on Earth, they were members of the Council of 13, the high council that governed all magical beings and life through the universe. Each seat was held by the leader of one of the 13 races and they were the absolute law among all who lived and breathed. Each race is gifted in one manner or another and made themselves powerful by different means. The twelve races other than humans are Genasi, Elves, Halflings, Aasimar, Tiefling, Primordial, Eritoic, Dragon, Dwarf, Dhampir, Lycanthope and Sunforged. All of these races banned together to stop the human race from destroying everything.

Unlike the other races, humans could not use magic. In the earliest points of the universal history, humans were basically animals in the eyes of the other races. They were nothing more than rats, but over time humanity began to influence the worlds they spread to. Taking their ability to manipulate and their intelligence to new heights. Human numbers exploded across all planets until the other races had no choice but to recognize them as a people. For a time there was peace, but humans had grown so used to taking what they could that it couldn't even stop when they had everything. They were consumed by greed, it ingrained itself into their very nature. They stole, plundered and destroyed everything. Their influence over the universe was toxic and impossible to stop. This was the very reason war broke out.

Despite lacking the ability to use magic, sheer numbers and overwhelming for made the humans almost unbeatable. After centuries of bloodshed, humanity was nearly wiped out. The remaining humans were gathered and kept hidden away. The other people knew that humanity, even what was left of it, was too dangerous to keep around. However, they were also against genocide. With this in mind, the Primordial race was commissioned to create a planet. Once cut off from the natural flow of magic within the universe. A planet that the humans would call Earth. The environment on this planet was inhospitable, having killed off so much life in its creation. The weather was erratic and disease thrived here, unlike other planets in the universe, which were far more kind to its people. Humanity was placed on this prison, memories erased and made animals once again, then they were left.

As time passed the other races ignored humanity, assuming they were long dead on such a hostile and cursed planet, void of life and magic. Of course, they didn't. Humanity adapted to the prison planet, growing in numbers and thriving. One day, the council decided to look in and were horrified. How could they survive. That planet was a deathtrap. It was immediately decided they needed to kill them off. Humanity was far too dangerous to leave alive.

That day, humanity saw its fate. All over the planet, massive space trees filled the atmosphere, their roots coming down and dropping an army of races they thought weren't real. Attacks came, but humanity was not going to give up. They fought and managed to push them back, but something amazing happened. A few were taken prisoner, but they weren't there long. They discovered that the metal cuffs fell apart with their slightest touch. The bars broke like foam and no weapon could hurt them. What was happening? Why was humanity nearly impossible to stop? As it turned out, millennia of humans living on a world so hostile and cut off from magic had allowed them to evolve beyond magic. Magic made everything within it reliant on it to be effective. Meaning, in the same sense of magic making things stronger, it also made them weak. Humanity and its ability to adapt to anything had made itself completely immune to magic, meaning they were immune to all except its most pure form, such as spells and enchantments. This turned the tides and humanity started expanding out again. Their technology like guns proved useless, but a material call Orichalcum proved to be a suitable replacement. Weapons made from this material took on the abilities of the user, so humanity entered an age of swords, shields and armor once again as the other races struggle to train more people to cast spells, incantations and enchantments. The war is raging across the universe. Humanity has returned and they want their pound of flesh.

Okay, I know this is weird, but hear me out. Basically, think of earth as the most hostile place in the universe. Why, because it was made to imprison humanity. However, we as the annoying species we are, didn't die and were unintentionally evolved into the most disgustingly overpowered species in existence. Of course, like it said, spells and other such uses of pure magic can hurt humanity, but its a heavy favor for humans. Think of space much like it is portrayed in DnD. Each planet is like a different plane, there are sail ships that use magic to get others there, but portals and other such things to do it as well. Space travel is like they show in Treasure Planet, but more fantasy and less tech.

We will be playing a platoon of recruited soldiers for humanity. Despite now having the vehicles and other such things that make it easy to travel, they still haven't gotten too far out. Distance is weirdly shorter with a magic ship, so they are able to move what we think is a really long distance much faster. A trip to Pluto is about 3 weeks long, so that should explain that.

It is modern humanity, but out in the magic filled cosmos, only Orichalcum weapons work and they only work in the correct amount to absorb the users anti magic ability. As such, bullets cannot carry the ability, so we are back to using swords, melee weapons and bows. Incredible really.

I don't know if this will be popular or not, but here are the rules:
- Firstly, the posting will be done in rounds. A round starts with my post and ends after everyone has posted or after two day. You may only post once per round. This allows for those who have to go an easy way to catch up and keeps slower typer's from getting lost in the posting.

- Romance is allowed, but just don't shove it into others faces. We get it! You're in love! Some people don't care. I am a romantic, but jeez!

- As humans have evolved and technically become superior beings in this magic filled world, I can and will approve superhuman abilities and powers. I just ask that you think about the world and how anti magic beings might react to suddenly being in a magic filled environment. Run the idea by me and explain your thought process and we can talk it out.

- To prove you read all of these, tell me your favorite song when you show your interest.

- I expect at least two paragraphs in a post. If you can't do that much, I ask you at least be detailed in what you post. I am a quality guy, but I do like reading what your characters thinking and such. Just put effort in.

- Respect others and their choices! If I see you insulting, bullying or disrespecting another person based on their in RP choices, I will kick you.

- Second question to prove you read this. What is your favorite fantasy movie or book?

- We are all here for a good time! So, enjoy yourself.

So yeah, if you're interested, let me know! I won't put a limit on how many can join. If it gets super big I will appoint mods.

INTERESTED.
Gee songs... Angle with a shotgun, blood in the water (grandson), believer, or the northwest passage.
Gosh, fantasy movie... I think I'll change that to anime and go Rise of the Shield hero.

INTERESTED.
Gee songs... Angle with a shotgun, blood in the water (grandson), believer, or the northwest passage.
Gosh, fantasy movie... I think I'll change that to anime and go Rise of the Shield hero.
Well, thank you for actually reading everything. Also, I would be honored to have you!

Hi! I would be very interested in joining. I have not roleplayed in a while so the cycle system would definitely be a good one for me!

green day jesus of suburbia, but my music taste change every minute so it can be anything other then pop and country really.

I just finished reading the first book book of the trilogy time of the twins. Very good in my opinion even though I haven't read the first trilogy whoops haha. I am quite new to reading have never really liked it until the start of this year. Very strange.

Hi! I would be very interested in joining. I have not roleplayed in a while so the cycle system would definitely be a good one for me!

green day jesus of suburbia, but my music taste change every minute so it can be anything other then pop and country really.

I just finished reading the first book book of the trilogy time of the twins. Very good in my opinion even though I haven't read the first trilogy whoops haha. I am quite new to reading have never really liked it until the start of this year. Very strange.
Well, that is wonderful! I will put you on the list.

Interested.

My music taste is versatile but I really really like New Magic Wand by Tyler the Creator

And for my fav fantasy book or movie would be the whole Harry Potter series both books and movies!

Interested.

My music taste is versatile but I really really like New Magic Wand by Tyler the Creator

And for my fav fantasy book or movie would be the whole Harry Potter series both books and movies!
Perfect! You're welcome here!

I would like to express my interest for joining too : )
Favorite song a very hard of a question, but maybe Breaking the girl by RHCP
Favorite fantasy show might be Arcane, but i'm just a big fan of LoL lore in general : )

Last edited:
I would like to express my interest for joining too : )
Favorite song a very hard of a question, but maybe Breaking the girl by RHCP
Favorite fantasy show might be Arcane, but i'm just a big fan of LoL lore in general : )
Pleasure to have you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back