• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Our New Life - OOC

Main
Here

norway

a white butterfly
OOC

Hey guys.

This is where we brainstorm for the story. A couple rules though:

I don't mind conversation, but let's try not to flood this thread with memes or gifs please.

Be respectful.

Please contribute to brainstorming.

Last edited:
A few questions to start us off:

◉ Do we want some light dice elements? To make battles, encounters and rewards fair?
◉ What do we want to include in the character sheets?
◉ How much world building do we want?
◉ Were our characters reincarnated? Or did they just appear here one day?​

Please feel free to ask any and all questions. I might not have all the answers but that's what this OOC thread is for. I want everyone's creative input please! I don't think I'll be putting a limit on how many people can join because there's so much interest and more players means more creativity and room for unique quests for the party. It may be a big party, but people often disappear or drop out so I know it'll balance itself. (:

I actually have done isekai RP a few times before, but never finished any of it XD

Anyway, I want to suggest things but I don't know where to start without seeming like herding the whole course of the RP. How about you share here what you have in mind? Then we can tweak it together.

I actually have done isekai RP a few times before, but never finished any of it XD

Anyway, I want to suggest things but I don't know where to start without seeming like herding the whole course of the RP. How about you share here what you have in mind? Then we can tweak it together.
Well, what I want is adventure. A bunch of unique characters questing through a very interactive world full of various quests all with unique rewards and progression. I figure all quests will depend on the uniqueness of the characters, as well as different encounters we create and also the state of the world we design. I know I want it to be highly fantasy influenced, but I do not have a specific world in mind. I also do not have specific quests or antagonists in mind, though I would assume there'd be a few antagonists throughout the story and possibly an over arching problem that kind of guides us along -- perhaps a desire to find out what brought us here to this world and together, or perhaps something that threatens to destroy the world we've been reincarnated in. I'm thinking light dice (I've never used dice, so I'd want it to be simple yet satisfying) for the sake of luck and chance but we don't have to. As well as creative freedoms so in theory you have a huge list of options in terms of your class/title, and what you aspire to be (as we all start out pretty much noob equals) and each of those unique designs will lead to certain situations in the story.

I probably sound incredibly vague but I don't have specific ideas in mind, I just want us all to design something together. I work better when there's more unique ideas contributed by everyone as sometimes I get tunnel vision and don't have as much to bring to the table.

Well, it is pretty vague allright XD
But now I can see why you mentioned slime tensei in the interest check.

I think we should start with the cause of the reincarnation thingie and how to make the characters stick together. I can think of some causes:

-characters just reincarnated, or rather transported, period
-characters die then reincarnated because a particular law says so.
-a certain events involving the mighty god of fantasy world ends up killing some people from our world. To compensate, the killed people are reincarnated.
-for some reason, the god of the fantasy world wants to increase the number of soul on his world. So he distribute flyers and post some ads in Youtube to recruit people from our world.
-The gods of fantasy world is playing some kind of game, but they must use 'proxy' as their representative. So our characters are recruited as these 'proxy'.

I can keep going on really, but I would rather not. I personally prefer the third one. It is heavily inspired by Kumo Desu ga, which is my favorite isekai story.

Might be just a touch new to this particular scene in terms of interested, but a few ideas to share!

◉ Do we want some light dice elements? To make battles, encounters and rewards fair?

I personally think that dice are completely fine, but only to an extent. They provide a certain factor of luck that can really do the trick to keep someone on the edge of their seat, and as such deserve to be placed here and there. Mind, not to say that I think the story should completely rely on rolling! Rolling for the initiative or to avoid an arrow in the blur of unexperienced combat is one thing, but rolling for each attack, maybe not so much. With that, however, I am curious (and a bit hopeful); is there the potential of a character's death in this roleplay, should things go wrong?

The important and fun bits! Maybe no need for something like favorite foods or most hated time of day, things that could be more fun to flesh out and find out as the party goes through their travels. Personality, name/age/gender/sex(?), biography or backstory to some extent, appearance, starting loadout if anything for that matter, are the first things that come to mind!

Allllllll the worldbuilding. Until the pdf is long enough to crash. Well it can always be refined as things go, but I usually enjoy a lot to things! Conflicts within kingdoms, conflicts between kingdoms, current political and even sometimes local goings-on and how they affect bigger pictures down the line. History behind issues, history behind religion, impact religion and deities have had on the world if this is a world they have even proven their existence in a blatant way, via heavenly servants or dastardly demons or otherwise. In short, as much world building as people show to be initially desired, and more can be added later down the line should things grow to merit it!

◉ Were our characters reincarnated? Or did they just appear here one day?

Best for last, on this one I have some mixed ideas. For a start, why should all characters be reincarnated characters? To get a hand from pop culture and isekai examples, it's always fun to see things from the perspective of those who have never known a world other than their own just as much as it is to see someone tossed into an entirely new world. To interact with such people and hear things about these handheld metal devices so easily manipulated by the whim of a finger to find anything and everything, it would be like watching faeries flutter around in our own world but half as believable, let alone admirable. Could just be some fumes, after all.

So! What I would propose would be potentially offering choices in terms of how a character may come? Some can be reincarnated, some can simply appear pulled from their own world without a warning. Some can be nothing but common folk to their own, some can be common folk even born with the intent of fate to have led them to help resolve the conflicts of their modern day. Things like that, in my opinion!

Do we want some light dice elements? To make battles, encounters and rewards fair?
I don't know the other RPers enough to say, so I guess it depends on how numerical things are. If the RP is going to have stats and such all over the place, then a little dice would certainly make sense. But everything is going to be mostly free form then dice would be out of place.

What do we want to include in the character sheets?
For both current and if there is reincarnation, former:
->name
->age
->gender
->class
->abilities (all of them)
->stats (maybe)
->likes/dislikes/fears
->personality
->backstory
->species
->items
->other optional entries

Isekai also tend to give the protagonist an OP ability, so if we'll have that we should also have an entry for that

How much world building do we want?
I am a world building passionate/freak. I'm currently building a wiki for one of my most developed worls, Euphorium, and have worldbuilt isekai worlds in the past, my most commonly used one being Kaisen. So you can guess my stance on this matter.

That said, for more detailed reasons for wanting a decent doze of worldbuilding:
->consistency is key to a good story and good plot
->grounding powers, abilities and so on to specific rules makes the stakes more intense/believeable/palpable
->a setting we can actually interact with and explore is always better than a void
->it creates more options for the adventure, such as the possibility of players having an effect on the politics of the world
->super cool stuff can come from worldbuilding, including amazing ways to game the system

Gun to my head, I would say I prefer reincarnated, because it opens more possiiblities for what kind of characters can be made and I always love exploring the contrast there XD That said I do agree with Synder Synder for the most part on this topic, as I think the best possible answer is to open more possibilities here some being reincarnated, others being transported or summoned and others just being natives (though the natives might be harder depending on the intensity of the worldbuilding...)

Last edited:
Reading everyone’s responses and I love them! I will respond to this properly within the next day or two (: lovely thoughts guys.

I'm not too fond of isekai character get OP power, but if we want to, I suggest we can give them unique artifact instead. These artifact is given to reincarnator, they're not too powerful that you can perform Thanos snap, but these items can be crazily unique. Like a motorcycle made of bones or giant-ass syringe that can turn water into acid, or a useless goddess.

[Fnt=Raleway]◉ Do we want some light dice elements? To make battles, encounters and rewards fair?[/Font]
I think adding in some dice elements could be interesting. But if we were to use them for combat at loot, would it just be the one roll to determine the outcome or would it take more of a tabletop approach and have multiple rolls to determine each action we take?

The additions I would recommend, which may overlap with the opinion of others as well, would be a split-character sheet. What I mean by this is that the characters who have been reincarnated would have part of their cs denoted to their "Old Life" and the other portion to their "New Life" or reincarnation. For the specific components I believe Idea Idea covered some that would work quite well.

Well I'd say a healthy dosage of world building is for the best. I have a bad habit of wanting to go into more detail than is needed when to comes to world building, naming the signboard outside of the town hall, that rests within the etc. etc. So I think a significant amount would be for the best, plus it would allow for the characters and players alike to have a better grasp on the situation they've found themselves in.

Personally I enjoy the idea of having a character getting reincarnated, I feel like it allows for a wider range of character diversity and generally spices up how they may interact with the world. But when reading the other responses I think that Synder Synder had a really good point, adding in different ways for the characters to be a part of the world would even further diversify the cast. So I would highly recommend the idea of having multiple ways people are brought into the world, though I'll likely remain partial to the reincarnation end of it.

On the same subject, the method of reincarnation was covered by Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread and I personally enjoyed the different cases they had brought up. I think that the first and third option they presented would show quite a bit of promise. Namely due to the fact that the first just happens and the third could add a fun little bit of lore into the world, and highlight the actions of deities.

*Reads every suggestion posted"....breathes heavily......YASSSSSSS

Lol seriously though I think we can go ahead and run with what's been posted and figure everything else out as we go. I'm that excited!! But regarding the concern with the OP power....why not have the option for it to be either a power or an artifact? Maybe have every OP ability and artifact start at lvl 1 and you can level it up as you go?

Hmmm...here I thought I was missing notifications or something. So, do you guys have anything about your characters in mind yet? Personally, I think I want to make some kind of summoner, maybe even a necromancer. Point is, companions do the fighting.

I'm not sure, depends on the fixed lore surely. But I think it will be some kind of adventurer or supporter. Normal slash! Normal dodge! Consecutive normal punch!

I don't have anything specific planned yet, i've mainly just been looking towards the idea of an unconventional class. Possibly even going more of a utility character if the rest of the party would benefit from such a thing.

Today marks a week since the GM vanished without a trace. I am starting to really think of just quitting. norway norway I hope you will answer by tomorrow night. I don't need anything huge, just some sign you're alive (and hopefully some reason why you haven't said anything in several days). Otherwise, and though it pains me to say this, I will have to take my leave.

Today marks a week since the GM vanished without a trace. I am starting to really think of just quitting. norway norway I hope you will answer by tomorrow night. I don't need anything huge, just some sign you're alive (and hopefully some reason why you haven't said anything in several days). Otherwise, and though it pains me to say this, I will have to take my leave.
You can leave if you’d like. I made it a casual posting requirement for a reason. I personally just started a new job that goes from 7 - 6 so I’ve been extremely busy. However I do apologize for vanishing. Just got caught in between school and work. Haven’t had a chance to even read all the suggestions here. Regardless the story won’t start for a while as we have so much building to do.

Sorry to everyone for my absence. If you’d rather leave that’s fine. I’m just trying to balance everything and this has not made it to top priority with all I have going on.

Yeah, in the end I do think I will quit. I'll refrain from going into detail about why though, unless otherwise requested.

For everyone staying, I do sincerily wish you the best of luck and happy RPing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back