• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Our Magical World is About to Get a Little Less Magical

Clairikins

Lesbian Extraordinaire
Premise: Magic is real. Children grow up and learn how to use magic, but once they 'come of age' they have to undergo a test to see if they keep their magic or not.
Twist: Our characters are/were childhood friends who are about to have their coming of age, and have somehow always known that one would keep their powers and the other would lose them.

This sounds like the plot of wizards of weaverly place only instead of siblings it is friends.

I think that was the inspiration, yes.
It was a great show... Though I think the only one child inherits the magic is kinda... Flawed at least in the show. Removing something that is such a large part of their lives just seems impractical. If I remember correctly they have their memories wiped of it as well.

Spending the majority of their early years having access to a resource then removing it completely seems like a dangerous prospect.

They aren't supposed to get their minds wiped of it, but they do get their magic removed. There's a whole thing about responsibility and a limit to the number of wizards possible and everything.

They aren't supposed to get their minds wiped of it, but they do get their magic removed. There's a whole thing about responsibility and a limit to the number of wizards possible and everything.
Right but having that responsibility typically will fall into the hands of the one who's most likely to abuse it. Through the entirety of the show if I recall correctly Alex (I think that's the girls name) abuses her powers more than anyone in the house. Yet she's the one that gets them in the end (tbh kinda backwards thinking there....) I can understand from the idea of, "The one who makes the most trouble, learns the most lessons." that in itself is flawed and irresponsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back