• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐅𝐓 𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐘 ; 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘.

birth of venus

𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦﹗
Roleplay Type(s)

wollstonecraft

applications

character sheet

— DOSSIER.
name:
nicknames:
date of birth:
place of birth:
race/ethnicity:

— VISAGE.
hair:
eyes:
skin: (color, texture, etc.)
height:
weight:
distinguishing features:
wardrobe:
face claim: (encouraged. real fcs only. i know a lot of these characters will be monstrous/wont look entirely human. if you'd like to use a fc as a kind of "base" and explain what's different about them, [for example: "fc is xyz but my character abc has scales on their skin and sharp teeth."] that is totally cool! go wild. photo edits of your fc are also v cool.)

— PERSONA.
personality:
alignment:
positive traits (4+):
negative traits (4+):
fears:
ailments:

— SPECIES.
species & information: (for example: "xyz is a vampire, can suck blood, can shapeshift into a bat.")
rules of species: (for example: "because xyz is a vampire, they cannot be in direct sunlight. they must drink blood to survive.")
extra: (whatever other information about what makes them special goes here.)
dorm:

— HISTORY.
background:
relationships (family, friends, dating, etc):
when did they receive their brochure?: (as stated above, the brochure inviting the student to wsc appears to them at likely the worst point of their life. briefly tell us about this.)

dorms.

artume.

dorm

Artume, for our nocturnal pupils, is a standard bipedal and quadrupedal three floored building, built in 1535. Several extensions have been added over the years, but the original foundations remain strong, deeply haunted, and slightly bloodstained. All windows and doors are capable of being completely sealed off from sunlight. Artume runs on a nocturnal schedule, which is directly inverted from the typical diurnal schedule. All classes and most extracurricular activities will be available. Under no circumstances are any resident students to attempt to open any of the seven locks of the seven doors that lead to the forbidden northwest tower.

druantia.

dorm

Druantia, near our beautiful forest trails and lake for nature-oriented and nature-dependent students, integrates the amenities of modern living with easy and convenient access to the natural word. Technically two buildings, half the dorm is situated in and around the forest, with most structural support provided by trees and natural rock formations marked by pre-historic art depicting the Beast Within the Mountain. A real cultural treasure! The other half of the dorm is located on the banks of the lake, with rooms of differing amounts of terrestrial and marine space to accommodate the needs of every water-dwelling student. Certain underwater caves are forbidden. They will be marked with large, inhuman skulls stationed outside the entrance. Students unable to leave the water will be provided special transportation and tutoring as needed.

proteus.

dorm

Proteus, for students of mutable physical states, is a recently renovated two floor manor equipped with stairs, ramps, climbing walls, and lifts designed for ease of movement no matter your student’s shape or state of matter. The basement is also equipped with comfortable, secure holding facilities for involuntary transformations that may prove dangerous to the student or any other students or members of faculty. There are certain rooms that can be made available for students existing outside the usual three dimensions, but notice should be given as soon as possible, as the ritual for extending dorms into the fourth dimension can take between two weeks and two months.

ra.

open

Ra, for our bipedal, naturally humanoid students with various other talents such as witchcraft, invisibility, flight, ceaselessly growing fingernails and/or teeth, or necromancy, is our newest addition to campus! Built in 1836, Ra is the height of period architectural beauty, with enough turrets for every student’s turret needs, a widow’s watch for keeping watch for widows (a nightly task that each resident student will be called on to perform on a rotating schedule), and delicate gingerbread trim inlaid with ancient and terrible runes! Ra was also voted Most Comfortable Lounge in our 2015 You Choose! Campus event.

extra information.

Hello hello here is the character sheet, please remove the parenthesis and fill out each section. The current limit is two characters per applicant. As I've said above, you can basically go buckwild with your characters. I'm hoping to see a wide gamut of diversity and creativity. The only types of characters that are not allowed are any incubi/succubi/any character whose survival is dependent on sex, as well as catgirls/animal ears and tails and nothing else. Another note: if you are writing about a culture/mythology you are unfamiliar with, please make sure to do your proper research as to avoid stereotypes! If there's any questions at all, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM! I'm happy to help. Thanks!

♡coded by uxie♡

divine hecate.

scroll

cecilia

cecilia

ㅎㅎ

NAME.

Cecilia Montgomery.

nickname.

"Cecil" to close friends.

age.

22 years old.

gender.

Cis female.

sexuality.

Bisexual.

p.o.b.

NYC, USA.

ethnicity.

Caucasian; German.

• bewitching.

holy water cannot help you now; a thousand armies couldn't keep me out. see - i've come to burn your kingdom down.

♡coded by uxie♡

incendios.

scroll

jude

jude

ㅎㅎ

NAME.

Juandalynn Ana Rivera-Carvajal.

nickname.

"Jude" to all.

age.

19 years old.

gender.

Demigirl.

sexuality.

Bisexual.

p.o.b.

Chile.

ethnicity.

Latina; Cuban and Chilean.

• ashes to ashes.

and this is not all that i am, no this is not my name - i've got the love that's strong and not weak!

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

• Follow

francis flowers

@yaboifrancis

baby you're a haunted house, better find another superstition

2 May 199X

Following

Followers

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
bashi ravern
purple tiefling

— DOSSIER.

name: bashi ravern

nicknames: demonic, devil, mister Ravern please stop hanging from the ceiling

sexuality: muscles

date of birth: November 14

place of birth: Spain

race/ethnicity: purple tiefling

— VISAGE.

hair: black

eyes: yellow

skin: purple and soft

height: 5'3

weight: 146 lbs

distinguishing features: horns, thin tail, claws, freckles, pointed ears, yellow eyes, small sharp canines

wardrobe: bashi can usually be found in academia outfits. Though on the feminine side, he will wear pants every once in a while. He wears stretchy clothing that makes it easier to hop around in, detesting stuffy and stiff clothing.

face claim: gauge burek

— PERSONA.

personality: Bashi, at first, can be a bit skittish, if not angry and feral. When you first meet him he's a bit distrustful and will likely be wary to truly interact. He tends to be drawn to hanging out with women and feminine people. Because he's so skittish when first meeting people, the kinder, more gentle and pleasant you are, the more likely he is to return such sentiments. The more abrasive and rude you are, the more likely he is to try and claw off your face.

After you've begun to get to know Bashi, the more pleasant and less feral he becomes. Once he knows more about you, he's quicker to trust and treat you with affection. While at times he can get over protective or possessive, he's not actually much of a threat to your person. Which is not to say he isn't a threat at all because that is just plain not true. Bashi is a very sweet and kind guy, he just had a protective and distrustful nature.

alignment: chaotic good

positive traits (4+): protective, sweet, affectionate, kind, loving, observant

negative traits (4+): possessive, feral, pissy, impulsive

fears: he really dislikes being in pain and fears anything that has brought him pain in the past

ailments: he a lil cray cray sometimes

— SPECIES.

species & information: tiefling. Tieflings have abyssal ancestry and usually have horns, fangs, claws, and thin demon-like tails. Their skin can be a wide range of colors.

rules of species: Tieflings can see very well in the dark and have a slight resistance to fire.

extra: Tieflings have a personal language called infernal that most of them know.

dorm: bashi decided on Artume if not simply because he gets along pretty well with spirits and ghosts and hellish things

— HISTORY.

background:

Bashi was born on a chilly November night to Hera Ravern in her shitty hotel in Spain. She'd been stranded in Spain for close to a year after following the "love of her life". He'd left her after she had told him she was pregnant with their child and had yet to come back. It took her three years to save up enough money to take her child and herself back to the US, finally settling into a crappy apartment in New Orleans, Louisiana. For the rest of her life she'd work hard to give a good life to her son. Though being a single mom working at bars and doing other unsavory things meant she only brought home enough money to keep them afloat and nothing more. It was hard for tieflings to make it in cities, even harder when they were in cities that had a low tiefling population. Bashi grew up close to his mother though and never once detested her for his lot in life.

relationships (family, friends, dating, etc): bashi has a mother, Hera Ravern. His father is unknown but is likely a tiefling as well.

when did they receive their brochure?: While Bashi's life has been mostly in poor condition, his mother a waitress who earned very little, he was always quite happy with life. Well as happy as you could be as a mostly unwelcome, shunned species. Because of far down the line ancestors, Bashi usually has the misfortune of being bullied and thrown out everywhere he goes and it wasn't that much different in childhood. School was hard, eating out was hard, even walking to the grocery store was hard. Especially for the sensitive soul that was child Bashi. Growing up, Bashi was stared down at and yelled at and barred entrance from even the shittiest of places. When Bashi was old enough to be working, he bounced from place to place, never liked enough to be kept on for long. Like his mother, he was forced to work in the ugliest of places and the worst conditions. Though his mother never let it get bad enough that he'd have to put aside his dignity and pride and do what she had to do some seasons. She'd never let that happen to him. At least, not while she'd been alive.

Life in the Big Easy, while glamorous and lovely, was also dangerous and deadly. Bashi had been at work in the dead of night when he got the call. A call from the police department was never good, but this call would be the worst one ever. His mother had been shot and had bled out behind the bar. Only her boss had called 911 but the ambulance was too little, too late.

After his mother's funeral (a small and lackluster afair), things began to go downhill for Bashi. He lost his job and bills were piling up. Job searches were fruitless and his mother's murder case was leadless. (Bashi will always believe that more could be done though). The night that he was forcibly evicted from his apartment was possibly the second worst night of his life. It was then, stuck half-hazardly in his old mailbox, that the brochure sat. His only salvation.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

• would you stay if i promised you heaven?

appearance

height

5’4”

weight

120 lbs

hair c.

blonde

eye c.

blue

hair styling

Rhiannon’s long, blonde hair falls well below her ribcage. Though it’s nearly straight, there is a hint of waviness to it, likely due to the expansive amount of time spent around water. In that same vein of thought, her hair is rarely ever completely dry—it seems to maintain a bit of dampness, though she would say it’s better off slightly wet than frizzy from the humid air. Because of its length, Rhiannon tends not to bother going beyond pulling back the top section of her hair—trying to tame such a beast (not to mention fitting it all into a claw clip) is a feat she’s sure not even King Arthur himself would’ve been up to. She does, however, love the feeling of having her hair braided, so anytime the offer arises from another, who is she to say no?

skin

Rhiannon’s skin seems to maintain an eternally warm glow, though it’s cool to the touch (not to mention smooth—possessing a supernatural beauty sure has its perks).

dist. features

Large, pointed ears; startlingly blue, almond-shaped eyes, plump lips

wardrobe

Like the water by which she resides, Rhiannon’s style can only be described as relaxed. She wears lots of flowing materials—long skirts, shirts with puffy sleeves—but always makes sure to balance them out with a tighter-fitting item, such as a corset or jeans that accentuate her hips well. She’s not a big fan of wearing shoes, what with spending so much time in or near water, but when she absolutely has to, she’ll most likely settle on sandals of some sort.

faceclaim

Alexa Demie

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Ziya.png

• They broke the wrong parts of me. They broke my wings and forgot I had claws.
    Ziya Drazyn
    enter
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Nico.png

• You can't wake up, this is not a dream.
    Nico Krahl
    enter
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Cynin Eigion

I see the trail of shoulders I've climbed over,
but by god I'll bloody up my hands with everything I am.

— DOSSIER & VISAGE.
Name: Cynin Eigion

Cynin was not born with a surname, they were not common practice when she was alive. Eigion was her father's name and the surname she took sometime during the Dark Ages.

Nicknames: Cy, The Horned One, Horned One, Child of Cernunnos, Witch of the Dark Woods

Called by many names over the centuries, Cynin has been many things to many people. Perhaps a devil to some and a prophet to others.

Born in what is assumed 36 or 37 AD, Cynin has existed through Roman domination of her homeland and everything after. She hardly keeps track of how long it's been anyway.

Sexuality: Pansexual

Date of birth: December 6th

Place of birth: North of the Thames, Modern day Essex, United Kingdom

Race/ethnicity: Celtic Briton

Visage:
"In the shadow of a tree, there stood a woman of no more than twenty or so years. She stared unflinchingly and I must admit I was rather shaken by her presence. There was a wicked sharpness to her that reminded me of a sickles' edge. Green-brown eyes pierced my very soul. Perhaps the most terrifying were the horns on her head, antlers akin to a deer. Father, please, I beg you to come as quickly as you can. There is a demon in these woods."
-An ecerpt of a letter to Father Eadwald of Essex circa. 923 AD

The Horned One for many years was a name that struck fear into the Christianized masses in the small villages of Anglo-Saxon England. Parents would tell their children to keep away from the deep woods and refrain from playing their gallivanting games through the brambles and thickets. They spoke of a demon that haunted those woods, a gruesome creature wearing the face of a woman. Their tales were often exaggerated but they did well to describe the feeling of dread that the Demon of Essex exuded.

But, outside of the fear, Cynin is a rather strangely beautiful woman. She reaches a considerably tall height 6 feet 3 inches, with a frame that might be described as sculpted, athletic in it's build. Wild locks of deep brown frame her face and travel down to her middle back, coated in a thin layer of clay for battle as was customary for her people. Her face is often painted with varying blues or greens, a tradition from her human days that has yet to leave her.

Though, the most striking thing about her would certainly be her antlers. They sprouted from her head not long after her death and subsequent resurrection. They are considerably wide and many pointed similar to the antlers of an elk. They add at least two or so feet to her height.

— PERSONA.
Virtues:
⤉ Alert
Cynin was born into war. Even before the Romans, the tribes of her homeland often fought amongst themselves. Her father had been a warrior and her mother the daughter of a warrior in turn. She grew up in an environment where you must be smart, be aware, in order to survive. Cynin is a planner above all. Everything, after all, is a game of chess and knowing your next moves puts you ahead of your opponent. There is always an exit strategy. The words that people say are but hazy looks into their meanings, pay attention and you might see a bit more. Cynin trusts in her gut, it has always served her.

⤉ Decisive
From a young age, Cynin had a responsibility to her chief and her people. She has always had a strong grasp of the weight upon her shoulders, even when she was resurrected in her new existence. There is a need to be strong, resolute, when others cannot. Lead when there are no leaders. Knowledge is power and Cynin is confident of her knowledge, and if she is not she learns to be. Amongst her friends and loved ones, Cynin demands honesty and trust above all and values a loyal heart in her corner. The direct path, she will insist, is often the best.

⤉ Generous
Perhaps it is the close-knit structures of families and tribal units amongst her people that gave Cynin a generous heart. It can also be attributed to a simple, innate want to pay forward her fortunes back to the aether. Those who give are surely to be given back to. Cynin is quick to share what she has and is thoughtful in her gifts. Should they need, Cynin is always willing to make time for those close to her. She is an excellent listener should an ear be needed.

⤉ Loyal
Loyalty was a trait that her family and tribe valued above most things. A loyal soldier was a boon to be had. Cynin's parents did well to instill in her a fierce loyalty to her tribe. This need for loyalty has translated into a unbreakable connection to Cernunnos and an unwavering stance behind her friends. She strives to make herself valuable to those she is loyal to and always believes the best in them.

⤉ Nurturing
Cynin's parents were very loving, and her village was close and well integrated, which helped to foster in her a similar nurturing nature. But, in a more reflective sense, her caring heart is a heart that wants to be needed. Cynin finds comfort in taking care of things and people; this pairs well with her devotion and care to nature and its denizens. She is patient and soft-spoken and always has the best intent for those she cares for.

⤉ Passionate
Cynin has always felt deeply, even before she was so irrevocably connected to the land and all things that walk upon it. Her deep loyalty and care often is felt so strongly that it bleeds into everything she does. Cynin is easily excited or angered and even saddened when speaking or listening to subjects that interest her. She speaks loudly and often about her passions and will defend them to the bitter end.

⤉ Protective
Growing up and fighting in seemingly never ending wars fostered in Cynin a violent protectiveness over her loved one. A constant proximity to danger and a society that was often prey to famine, death and plague made her watchful. She stays close to the people and things she wishes to protect and has a deep distrust of strangers. Cynin will be the first to offer up her sword when the need arises.

⤉ Wise
A thousand and some odd years of experience have given Cynin the opportunity to experience many things and learn many more. She was taught to read by a reclusive monk at some point during the Dark Ages and from then on was a quick study. She watches and she listens before speaking and often only speaks when she has something worthwhile to say. She has a humble disposition and tries her best to not let pride get the best of her. The knowledge she has accumulated over the years is precious to her but not a secret to be kept, and she is more than willing to share her stories and advice to those who ask.

Vices:
⤈ Controlling
Cynin grew up in a time and place where she and her family had little control over what happened around them. There was always a burgeoning threat on the horizon and she had no say in how these were handled or when. There was little room for failure when even small slip ups could kill you. This has grown into a need to have control over her environment and the things in it. She is very territorial will guard her spaces quite like an animal would. Things she may suggest can often come across as demands and she will take over if she thinks someone is not capable.

⤈ Cruel
Living a life that had been dog-eat-dog for a millennia has fostered in Cynin a I before we attitude. Power and dominance have often proven to be excellent methods of survival in her years. If she perceives something or someone as a threat she will not hesitate to act on her perceptions. Cynin has a taste for fear and is thrilled when she can inflict it. She is quick to narrow in on and target weak points and will go as far as is needed. Trust is a hard thing to come by and Cynin is not quick to give it.

⤈ Evasive
Cynin's difficulty in finding trust in others has made her loathe to get close to people. She has a instinctual desire to protect herself from harm, perhaps a result of betrayals in the past. If not sought out directly, Cynin tends to keep to herself and will avoid drawing attention to herself. Her walls are tall and far reaching.

⤈ Judgemental
A need for control can often cause one to become judgemental of those who do not fit their ideal molds, Cynin is not an exception to this. She likes to try and fit people into boxes, even if there are none to be found. First impressions gospel and Cynin is quick to make up her mind about people and it is difficult for those decisions to be changed.

⤈ Morbid
Death was a matter of everyday normality for Cynin for a large expanse of her life. People died, this was the way of the world. But, she found herself deeply interested in death and the unknown and consequently her own mortality. The stripping of that mortality only further stoked the flames of her interest in the darker sides of existence. She is not afraid of death, on the contrary, often death and aspects of it can even excite her. She collects bones and any books she can get her hands one about illnesses or any other manner of dark subjects.

⤈ Obsessive
Fear of loss, even if it was frequent, was and is an ever present thing for Cynin. One of her worst fears is being left to spend her eternity alone, even if she did spend a vast swathe of her life that way. When she finds people that she cares for, she becomes quite focused on them. She can lose bits of herself in others, trying to get and keep them close no matter what the cost.

⤈ Possessive
Fear of loneliness, and a strong perveying jealous streak are parts of her that have existed even before her resurrection. Cynin's obsessive nature paired with this possessiveness makes her a rather terrifying force to behold to the objects of her affections, and she does not give in easily. Jealousy can stoke fires in her gut and burn everyone around her.

⤈ Volatile
Cynin attributes her fragile emotional balance to Cernunnos and his effects on her. It is difficult to keep the wrath of a god in check, and things that slight him can set Cynin off as well. Her usually calm demeanor can switch in a matter of seconds into explosive anger. She often loses sense of self during episodes like this and has hurt people in the past because of them. Shame can cause her to push people away from her in the aftermath.

— SPECIES
Explanation: Cynin is an avatar or aspect of the Celtic god of beasts and wild places, Cernunnos. She lived twenty-four years of her life as a normal, if a bit gifted, human until she was killed in battle. Through Cernunnos, Cynin was resurrected and made living again as an avatar of his will. From him all her abilities were granted.

Abilities:
⤉ Immortality
Cernunnos' resurrection of Cynin made her near impregnable, resistant to any and all diseases and un-aging. In short, it's incredibly difficult to kill godly avatars by normal means.

⤉ Nature Magics
Because of Cernunnos' sphere, Cynin has control over nature and all of its aspects. Trees will grow at her touch, flowers will bloom under her feet, living things will quiver at her approach.

⤉ Enhanced Strength
This is a basic ability among any gifted with a god's favor. Cynin is considerably stronger than any human and has competed equally with beasts the likes of tigers in her years.

⤉ Animalistic Shapeshifting
Cernunnos' power over beasts gives Cynin the ability to shift her form into any animal or beast she has laid her eyes on. Near two thousand years of existence have given her plenty of time to see and understand many of the Earth's creatures, though she favors wolves and their ilk.

⤉ Animal Communication
Next to her shapeshifting capabilities, Cynin can communicate with most beasts even in her natural form. She often prefers their company over humans or other mystical things such as herself.

Weaknesses:
⤈ Fire
Just as nature and its inhabitants are weak to destructive flame, so too is Cynin. Fire is one of the few things that has the ability to truly kill her should she be exposed to it long enough.

⤈ Artificial Materials
This has come and become more prevalent in more modern times compared to the older ages. Any material or substance that was manufactured by human hands has the potential to be extremely harmful to Cynin. This includes things like plastic, concrete and glass.

⤈ Madness
Cernunnos' constant presence in her head and simply the incredible amount of years Cynin or any godling lives can easily lead them to fall to madness. Some might call an existence such as this a curse, but Cynin is of a brighter disposition on the subject.

⤈ Divine Blood
Blood from any god or godly thing is lethal to Cynin. Weapons coated in divine blood have killed many like her in the past.

⤈ Nature Dependent
Cynin's connection to Cernunnos makes her dependant on nature and open air in order to survive. She cannot be in enclosed spaces that block out open air and nature for long. Modern industrial cities are also considerably dangerous for her in extended periods.

— BACKGROUND.

Come to me, child of my earth, in your darkest hours. Come to me and I will save you from your death. Child of my earth, we are one and the same. Serve me hence, and you shall be undying.

It was cold the day that Cynin was born. Her mother had been so close to death that the village healer had already sent for preparations to begin being made. It was through an incredible perseverance that she survived; they would later tell. The winter was deep, and her village was in the middle of a scarcity. From her very beginning, Cynin was in a fight for her very existence. Eigion, her father, was gone when she was born. He had been gone for months at that point, off fighting some tribal war or another. Many of the men, and some of the women, were gone at that point in time. They would remain gone until the first blissful heat of the summer had begun to show its face. The village rejoiced at the return of their victorious warriors and there was even a feast held in their honor. Eigion held his daughter for the first time atop a table in their home as his friends sang songs. From that point forward life moved rather quickly.

Cynin grew fast and strong. The village druid would comment to her mother that she seemed to possess a spirit fiercer than a wolf even at her young age. Her adolescence was marked by rebellious nature and a taste for the wilder side of life. She often snuck away from the duties given to her to trapeze about the forest with her older brother Elen. They fought with wooden swords until they were old enough for real ones, threw rocks at rabbits and small game until they learned to use a bow and could swiftly take down game much larger. Her mother did little to discourage her children, even Cynin, from following their whims but she often worried. Cynin wasn’t a man and her mother and the rest of her close family worried for how her future might unfold should she keep her wild nature. It would turn out not to matter much because she respected her father and her tribe too much to truly be a nuisance to them.

Cynin grew from a wild teenager into a strong-willed young woman. Her brother followed in his father’s footsteps and Cynin wanted desperately to follow too. But Eigion was reluctant to allow her. He had promised her to a son of another village and Cynin was to obey and keep that promise. But the son she had been to marry would die in a hunting accident Cynin would later define as a blessing. Without this promise to hold him, Eigion quickly relented to his daughters’ pleas, and she would follow her brother into battle many times over the next few years.

The Trinovantes had been fighting small skirmishes with the occupying Roman forces for a few years before the true rebellion would begin. King Prasutagas of the Iceni would die and leave half his lands to his wife and daughters and the other to Rome. The Roman’s did not honor his will and soon thereafter Boudicca would find allies in Cynin’s tribe and a few others and war was truly declared. They won many battles at first and Cynin bathed in the glory that these victories brought she and her brother. They were taking back their home from Roman oppressors and there was hardly a better feeling. That was until the final battle. In the West Midlands, the Romans delivered a terrible defeat to Boudicca’s rebellion and Cynin would lose her life in this very battle. A sword to the chest would be her end as she watched her kinsman die around her, including her brother as he tried to drag her away from the chaos. But this was not to be a true end for Cynin as she would later wake up still lying amidst the field of corpses as something entirely new.

Cynin, with her newfound abilities and life, would not be able to rejoin the rebellion as it was no more. Boudicca had taken her life soon after their defeat and Cynin had no where to return to. Her home was gone, razed long ago, and she knew not of the fate of her parents. So, a godling now she was, Cynin retreated into the wilds where she would spend many years with but the company of animals to keep her. The Romans would fade from Britain and her and Anglo-Saxon culture would take hold in their absence. The days of the druids were long over when Cynin emerged again, strange wild men from the sea were ravaging the lands and a Christianized population of Britain were fighting losing battles. Despite her distaste for this new religion, Cynin would fight invading Danes where she could for these were the descendants of the people she once knew. Eventually, they too would leave as the Romans did before them.

Cynin traveled outside of her homeland to kingdoms far and wide for centuries before returning. She would travel a vast swathe of Europe and eventually decide she would rather spend her days in the forests of the place that birthed her. Cernunnos was a god of a dead religion and Cynin saw no way better to serve him than to serve the land he had once lorded over. The Black Death was ravaging Europe when Cynin received her letter. The villagers of a village close to her forest had decided that the Demon of the Dark Wood must certainly be the cause of their terrible affliction. They sent pitchforks and fire after her and Cynin could do little but watch as her home burnt around her. She was running when the letter, clutched in the beak of a raven, would come into her hands. Cynin had little option but to accept, else she be burned at the stake or some other terrible manner of torture. And so Cynin Eigion would come to reside at Wollstonecraft, far from angry fire wielding villagers and the land that she had loved for so many centuries.
code by crucially

Last edited:
status | completed

Charlie Rumancek

now playing animals

I

II

III

IV

• BASICS

NICKNAMES

"the rumancek freak"

twenty years young.

male

SEXUALITY

heterosexual - he luvs the ladies

D.O.B.

may 1st, 2002

P.O.B.

new orleans, lousiana

ETHNICITY

somalian, dutch

PERSONA

+ TRAITS
    charming, humorous, honest, goal-oriented, and intelligent

- TRAITS
    flirtatious, jealous, stubborn, lowkey-selfish, aggressive

IN DETAIL
    pretty brown eyes and a sparkly white smile, it's no wonder charlie is such a beacon of light to the people surrounding him. he's well aware that he can have whoever he wants and be with whoever he wants, but he keeps his bedroom company at minimal. charlie would much rather spend his free time with a group of party animals to make book-worthy memories. but if he's not already exploring a body of water with his shirt hanging on a tree, he's in the faces of anybody who shows the slightest interest in a conversation with him. he thrives in socialization, and cannot sit still in a place that requires him to be quiet and boring. yuck.

but even through his happy, humurous personality, there is so much more than what meets the eye. they don't call him a vargulf for no reason. part of his mentality is dark, vicious, aggressive, and insane. it's purely predatory and anyone in his path will surely meet a horrific ending. it's the part of him that's absolutely out of his control. he kills for fun, not for food.

ALIGHNMENT
    lawful good (human) chaotic evil (wolf)

FEARS
    hurting more people he cares for, knowing he's going to die slowly

AILMENTS
    his wolf body is purely independent of his human side, taking over him completely. eventually he will lose control of whatever humanity and sanity he has left and die from his mental and physical instability.

i am what everyone always thought of me, a killer. i am what everyone always thought of me, a killer.

i am what everyone always thought of me, a killer. i am what everyone always thought of me, a killer.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

yumie mizu

a malevolent nure-onna

I am hungry so that means there is no time for love.​

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

YUMIE MIZU

yumie (help+serpant), mizu (water).
a violent nure-onna​

dossier.

name:
Yumi Mizu
nicknames
Water Snake, Helpless.
date of birth
Hatched on the 1st January, New Year.
Yumie’s physical development is slow and she will never stop ageing; she is currently 400 human years. Though, with her Nure-onna development gives her the mindset and features are that of a 24 year old.
sexuality
Asexual, love hurts when you’re forever hungry.
Undisclosed, (they/them/it). Agnes, is a female using she/her pronouns.
ethnicity+birth
East Asian features, born in Lake Inawashiro (Japan's fourth largest lake) Fukushima Prefecture, Japan.

visage.

height
If she was pulled out, or laying flat and stiff, she would be approximately 14 feet long, however her body is hunched and curled back on itself. Her body is about two and a half feet long and her rest is her muscled tail. Yumie deceivingly looks about six feet tall when not stretched out.
weight
Average weight for a Nure-Onna, about 240kgs which is about double the average weight of a reticulated python. However, she moves with such agility it would be as if she was as light as a feather.
hair
Almost always dripping with water, her hair lays flat, silken against her back and stifling around her neck. Yumie’s hair does flow: with curls yet no billowing locks, it is normally just stiff and tangled. However, it holds some sort of majestical sheen due to the dark navy colouration.
eyes
Her eyes are as green as kelp, polluted with solitude and mourning. She looks as if she is forever crying as her water-y hair brings tears to her narrow, scornful eyes. Under these eyes, she wears heavy eye-bags that are purple and disappointing.
distinguishing features
True form is unsightly. Without a host, The Thing is similar to red, skittish entrails whipping frantically on the ground. Their form is small, only about the size of a large cat. Also, Agnes’ eyes are always bloodshot; a distinguishing feature that shows that Agnes is not truly a human but a shell of one.
skin+style
Sickly yet sparkling with small jewels of scales, ornately decorated around where her ears should be. Her skin is blanched in colour, with a tinge of green. Her hands are scaled also, and her arms bear short horn-like bumps. The rest of her body is a pale yellow colour, (think an eyelash palm pit viper), with scales overlapping itself intricately, embedded one by one. Some of the scales lay flat, while others are slightly raised. Go-to clothing is something that only covers her upper half- it is impractical to think she can wear normal clothing. For instance, she will wear a specially crafted, light water-tight wet-suit that covers her chest, falling gently down to her waist line. She usually wears long sleeves, she is rather insecure about her bumps on her arms. Her favourite colour is red however she prefers subtle clothing and maintains peaceful colours such as white, beiges and creams.
faceclaim
Base FC is Lucy Liu.

persona.

It took a while to accustom herself out of traditions and silence and having only 24 years experience of talking to others, brings her to be slightly awkward despite her ancient body. All the way to her age now, she is only one tenth of what she can become. Her persona is still very fresh, exciting and curious.

Yumie is naturally obsessed with brushing her hair, she cannot keep it tamed. In a constant battle, she will often cry and moan about it. She has strict regimes: for example, her feeding schedule has to be on the same time each day.

The Half-Snake is almost always complaining about the taste of her ‘reformed menu’, though that is the only thing she usually complains about. She is quite complacent with how she looks. wip

virtues.

youthful

wip
attracting

wip
observant

wip
seraphic

wip
solitary

wip
vices

reclusive

forlorn

temperamental

depressed

passive-aggressive

alignment.

Somewhat passive, however when hungry she may become disastrously manic.

fears.

Her deepest fear is that of drowning. She cannot drown however is paranoid that perhaps one day she may lose her swimming skills.

a Japanese yōkai

She is a malevolent race of Nure-Onna. A Japanese yōkai that appears as a snake with the head of a human woman. They are also a paranormal phenomenon at sea under the name of nureyomejo. It is said that the nure-onna has a tail that is at least 3 chō (about 327 metres) long, so once one is found, there is no escape, and it is said that those others never returned! However, Yumie is much smaller at around 13 feet long. Malevolent Nure-Onna prey on humans. She has fangs, though will swallow, constrict and eat a human whole. Her main diet (whilst reforming) is that of seafood and shellfish. They can live fully aquatic; her body is completely adapted to life in freshwater rivers. Nure-Onna are extremely ravenous; their hunger cannot be relinquished unless they distract themselves or are mindful. They do not become overweight, or obese… They just keep growing throughout their long-lived lifespans. And yes, she does shed her skin to rejuvenate her beauty. For practicality, her upper body has shoulders and arms. She has a slightly hypnotic gaze, though perhaps that is just her alluring sense of worth.
dorm

Druantia, due to her need for the water of the lake to survive and feel comfortably at ease.
history+extra

Background: Yumie was born from an egg laid by an invisible giant sea serpent that lives in her hometown river. Why she was born with a woman’s face is completely questionable, Yumie did not know her parent or why she was created. 376 years on Earth was spent silent, growing, killing and haunting river-dwellers. She was tiny, (about two feet long) when she hatched, though always retained the features of an adult woman.

relationships: Dating does not interest her: she will end up eating anyone who tries to get too close with her.

when did they receive their brochure? Once capable of communication, Yumie took it upon herself to leave the lake, in search of another estuary to reside. Most had become polluted, tainted and most had been disrepaired. She became vulnerable yet furious, disgusted, distraught and hungry. On her venture to find someplace new, she found her way into a town where she lured villagers into a vice, unbeknownst that death awaited. WIP

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

tawkilt.

harbinger of love & luck.

tayri zerhouni.

anassi ural neg amdyaz, at anassi adar neg arhal (we will sing, we will be poets. we will leave, we will be nomads.)

the basics.

name
tayri, from the tamazight word for “love.”
nickname
tata !
date of birth
4th of may.
species
tawkilt, a fairy-adjacent creature in amazigh mythology.

the visage.

height
157 cm (5'2″)
weight
54 kg / 115 lbs
hair
black hair that progressively becomes wavy at its length. fine and silky, it can easily get knotted in the wind. frequently tied into braids.
eyes
big, wide brown "doe" eyes, almond in shape and always full of life.
features
she has a singular dimple when she smiles in her left cheek. her nose is small, but straight. lips are plush in the shape of a cupid’s bow. long, curly lashes.
body type
pear-shaped body type: bottom heavy, on the chubby side. not much about her is slim. her hips and shoulders align, her back is wide, and her waist isn’t extremely pinched or small.
face claim
mansi ugale !!

the beginning of the end.

the personality.

tawkilin are tiny, luck bringing creatures that often manifest in people’s dreams. they are romantic, happy creatures that are often retold in legends to small children to give them hope for the future. tayri is the very manifestation of a tawkilt; at the core of her gentle soul, she is a sweet, soft-spoken woman. delicate and fun-loving, she always tries to be the voice of optimism and life to her is made to be indulging and enjoyed… even the mundane things ! truthfully, she is rather dreamy, and can strike people as awfully naïve – she values above all the wellbeing of everything possible. her heart is a big, stretchable muscle, and her love for humanity is what drives her to live as one in the first place.

the virtues.

soft-spoken

tayri almost never has anything unpleasant to say to anyone, and takes other people’s feelings quite seriously. she’s considerate, but she’s no pushover. her tone of voice is rather quiet however, and often needs to speak up to be heard.

affectionate

as a creature that brings love to people, it is in her nature to be full of love. she’s touchy-feely with her friends, and random bouts of affection keeps her going ! she’s not afraid to shower people with compliments, and often finds herself romanticizing the smallest interactions… to call her a hopeless romantic would be an understatement.

caring

tayri often finds herself looking after people’s needs and comfort. in fact, her friends’ well-being are her top priority – she’s very well the type of person that would get up for you at 3am if you ever needed a fair mediator, or a shoulder to cry on.

WIP

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam condimentum diam urna, in efficitur velit viverra id. Maecenas aliquam, tellus at finibus volutpat, mi nisi malesuada ipsum, non vestibulum felis mi aliquet elit. Nullam fermentum neque metus, eu tristique quam viverra a. Nunc lobortis odio in neque finibus vehicula. Vivamus ac pharetra nulla.

the vices

passionate

regardless of what she is doing, tayri does it with passion. everything in her vicinity seems to react to her presence with vigor; sometimes it's as if the world is at her fingertips... tayri is a woman of compassion, and holds a great amount of love for life itself. however, due to her intensity, she is often seen as hotheaded.

self-sacrificing

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam condimentum diam urna, in efficitur velit viverra id. Maecenas aliquam, tellus at finibus volutpat, mi nisi malesuada ipsum, non vestibulum felis mi aliquet elit. Nullam fermentum neque metus, eu tristique quam viverra a. Nunc lobortis odio in neque finibus vehicula. Vivamus ac pharetra nulla.

talkative

impatient

WIP

likes.

dislikes.

species.

according to local legend, tawkilin, or the jenniyeh, are a race of beautiful, lively creatures that would often manifest in people’s dreams – often as their lover, or future lover. they are an echo of those without kin, lingering in subconscious realms to guide, and bring hope, to lost souls onto the path of life.

backstory.

Proin aliquam bibendum mauris, ac commodo velit viverra et. Aenean porta enim sed mauris vehicula tristique nec ac diam. Proin quis erat at leo maximus ultrices. Praesent sed scelerisque magna. Suspendisse potenti. Integer vitae quam eget tortor molestie maximus. Nunc vitae ligula sapien. In rhoncus tellus orci, quis sodales nisi commodo vitae. Ut sagittis tellus magna, quis viverra velit laoreet vel.

brochure.

Proin aliquam bibendum mauris, ac commodo velit viverra et. Aenean porta enim sed mauris vehicula tristique nec ac diam. Proin quis erat at leo maximus ultrices. Praesent sed scelerisque magna. Suspendisse potenti. Integer vitae quam eget tortor molestie maximus. Nunc vitae ligula sapien. In rhoncus tellus orci, quis sodales nisi commodo vitae. Ut sagittis tellus magna, quis viverra velit laoreet vel.

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

the thing

aka dr. agnes dahlsen

"how did i get here and where is home?"​

© weldherwings.

the THING

They are a Thing: An unidentified alien race that can shapeshift, grow and absorb organic matter such as flesh, fur, teeth, bone elemental compounds (metal, earth, wood etc) and anything living for example.​

dossier.

host name:
Dr. ‘Agnes’ Dahlsen.
nicknames
The Thing, Alien, Human, Freaknes.
date of birth
Agnes’ body was born on the 27th of November. Outer space calendars do not work similar to Earth’s however if they have to have an age it would be 18 years: an emerging juvenile.
Unknown, however it’s embodiment is that of a 20 year old woman.
sexuality
Unknown, however women are ever so delicious…
Undisclosed, (they/them/it). Agnes, is a female using she/her pronouns.
ethnicity+birth
Its human form is currently a Scandinavian scientist. Agnes was born in Norway, however The Thing has forgotten where it was born… Someplace far away is all they can recall.

visage.

height
5’ 4” when relaxed though may grow and shrink if using organic materials such as animals.
weight
Current shape is 68kgs, of course like most features this may dissipate or grow heavier.
hair
Agnes’ hair is mottled with shades of brown and is usually tied up with comfort. The Thing, however, uses hair as a weapon: they can peel back all the strands into one and grow hair to a maximum of four feet unless other organic materials are used. It begins to look little like hair when exceeding three feet long: losing its colour, becoming brittle and wiry.
eyes
As human, their eyes match their hair; a deep set walnut. Eyes have the habit of accidentally fall out if the host is overused.
distinguishing features
True form is unsightly. Without a host, The Thing is similar to red, skittish entrails whipping frantically on the ground. Their form is small, only about the size of a large cat. Also, Agnes’ eyes are always bloodshot; a distinguishing feature that shows that Agnes is not truly a human but a shell of one.
skin+style
Lovely healthy shade of peach (human)... The Thing can peel off their skin like an orange peel; revealing raw muscle and fat. They don’t know much about fashion, wearing basic baggy attire usually graphic tees found in the spares box.
faceclaim
Natassia Malthe.

persona.

Using Agnes’ memories, people-skills and intelligence as a scientist the Thing is yieldingly charming. Their voice is soothing and calming; using her Norwegian accent to present itself as likeable.

An amnesiac, the Thing cannot recall too much about its past life and finds it hard at making and maintaining conversation. When thinking, processing and calculating, Agnes' whole body freezes and they are sort of… Stuck? This gives them a clinical and inhuman aura. The way they process words is something like a computer’s translating system.

They are not one to plan ahead, instead taking days as they come and somewhat whimsical and the Agnes/Thing is something of an enigma. They are attempting to balance finely on the edge of existence, to part with Agnes will be a game-changer, they have grown a perverse attachment to the human body though if they do not make plans then they will be left vulnerable.

To have a conflicting nature, with Agnes’ brain and the Things instincts is a constant battle. They have the inability to feel depressed, however balancing with humanity leads them to be somewhat forlorn. Questioning their existence internally is a day to day thing.

ailments: They have a habit of breaking their human skull in half when experiencing highly intense emotions (such as joy and fear) which may be off putting to most.

virtues.

alert

-Whether this is a vice or virtue is questionable. The Thing is constantly on edge, aware and rather paranoid. Harnessing their alertness is considered a healthy skill; making them a good judge of character.
high-minded

This Thing believes they are superior though not in a ostracising way, they know it as a fact.
intelligent

Extremely intelligent, they have a higher level than average Earthlings.
logical

Pairing logic with intelligence is a deadly combination. Balancing fine
cool

They have this robotic ability to remain calm and collected in the most dire situations.
vices

robotic

callous

disturbing

calculating

unadventurous

They enjoy the life as a woman and do not wish to transfer into anything else.

alignment.

In limbo between good, evil and instinct. They want to try as a human however their alien-instincts to destroy, take over the world and eat may get the better of them

fears.

Fire; The Thing fears fire and hates the cold. Losing Agnes’ body is also a fear as they really suit it and enjoy it. Ultimately, Agnes will rot and dissipate into goo.

a thing?
well here's a quick breakdown!

Their species need a host to survive otherwise it is left rather vulnerable, growing more agitated and hostile. If a host is over six weeks old, then it will begin to rot and disintegrate like a freshly deceased body. This Thing really enjoys Agnes’ body: there are no willing participants to be overtaken by an alien. The memories of the host are also absorbed and personality may show. It does take an utmost of three days for a Thing to get used to their body and they may be reclusive. The Thing may only be destroyed when out of its host, in its vulnerable state with fire or slowed down with extreme temperatures such as freezing. Fire and cold was not an element on their planet.
dorm

Proteus, considering they are practically human and need peace to suppress urges to kill everything. Agnes is rather new to the whole ‘Academy thing’. They want to absorb everything and are wondering why no one wants to talk to them: perhaps they are too human-like? The expiry of Agnes' body is soon to come, so what would happen if they burst into their natural state? Only the Proteus dorm can help... !
history+extra

Background: This juvenile Thing has a terrible case of amnesia so does not recall how it became frozen in ice. Perhaps it was an egg that had drifted into the Earth’s atmosphere, only hatching when the scientists thawed them. This alien most likely crash landed at a neonate stage and became frozen in ice, halting development.
Agnes’ history working as a young excavator and scientist was shortly brought to a halt when she discovered the Thing. A groundbreaking feat for science! To discover something not native to Earth was absolutely incredible and she was going to make history! Dr. Christenson, her boyfriend and colleague, made the vital error that cost Agnes her life. He instructed Agnes to thaw what looked like a tentacle poking out from ice. The heat triggered this Thing to lunge out and clasp onto Agnes’ face, ultimately killing her and taking her as a host. It took a matter of three seconds to scuttle over and destroy Christenson and any evidence of a skirmish.

relationships: Undiscovered. Things reproduce asexually and they did not really know their mother. They do know Agnes’ fond memories of her late boyfriend.

when did they receive their brochure?: It all happened in a blur, most likely in a matter of seconds. All they could remember was the relishing taste of blood as they merged into Agnes’ mind, body and soul. After killing both Christenson and taking the form of Agnes, they wandered lost through the icy wilderness of Norway, hungry, alone. With Agnes’ humanity got the better of them, they became scared: needing some sort of comfort.

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

scroll

scroll

You're in divine presence, love. And don't you forget it.

Yours Truly

Listen Up, Biatch

The Erinys

full name

Freya Blackwood

nicknames

Batgirl

72 [Twenty]

d.o.b.

November 8th, 1950

ethnicity

Scottish, Greek

sexuality

Pansexual

[/MEDIA]

Sweet Dreams

Marilyn Manson

I.

visage

height

5'5

weight

127lbs

hair c.

Raven Black, Chest Length

eye c.

Steel Blue

complexion

Light Bronze

distinguishing features

Sprouting from her back are large, obsidian bat-like wings. Freya has the body build of a voluptuous mesomorph and a slender forked tongue

wardrobe

Often dressed in dark-hued, hipster grunge attire

faceclaim

Audreyana Michelle

II.

psyche

Having many cold reservations, she is brutally honest and outspoken. Despite growing up in the mortal realm, Freya is seemingly averse to mortal customs. Regardless of this, most social cues do not fly over her head. Instead, as she has a penchant for mischief and discord, she allows them to go unnoticed. She finds amusement in the minor downfalls of others and has a tendency of letting herself be a hothead with a very short temper, which she has problems with controlling. She is not quick to forgive, and even slower to forget. She has a lot of pride, a sharp tongue, and can be quite hateful towards many things, she is also hard to please. Remains relatively composed in demeanor, with a level head until she is pushed beyond her limits

virtues

attentive, cunning, protective, nonchalant, honest

vices

bloodthirsty, cold, narcissistic, tempestuous, mischievous, prideful, testy, contemptuous, the perfectionist; hard on herself, haughty air

ailments

answer

Horror Movies, Autumn, Twisted Poetry, Alcohol, the Dark, Snakes

dislikes

Competition, Sunny Days, Inadequacies

fears

Losing her strength

III.

history

She took her first breaths under the world, in the realm of the dead. Nameless, forgotten on the wintry steps of a Scottish orphanage. The only claim to humanity she had was the surname 'Alexander,' but she would never know it.

The circumstances of her birth were...unusual, to say the least. Freya was an anomaly in the late 1950s, she was the youngest they ever had, as she was left after her first breaths. Years passed, and she remained nameless. The days and nights were bleak, oftentimes cold, and crowded. Other children would steer clear of her, and so the only conversations she could have were with the caretakers, Lucinda and Marybeth.

It was 1954 when she found herself being adopted by one of the most influential people in Scotland, Lavinia Blackwood; the Lord Provost (mayor) of Glasgow, a civic head. On that night, they made a celebratory cake and she was named Blackwood

IV.

gallery

XV.

species

information

An Erinys, born from the unnatural union between a mortal man and Tisiphone, the 'avenger of murder'—a chthonic goddess of vengeance and retribution, belonging to the triad of sisters in greek myth known as the furies; winged curses which sprang from Earthen Gaea, after blood from the castrated Ouranos was spilled. The Erinys dwells in the underworld, only ascending to Earth for condemnation of heinous men. The sisters were not quite women or Gorgon. Yet the Erinyes were described as having snakes sprawled about their bodies, and eyes dripping with blood. As servants of the underworld rulers, the Erinyes oversee the torture of criminals in Tartarus, acting as both the jailers and punishers.

Despite many divinities being known for having many offspring, the furies have never been interested in siring children. Until the night came when Tisiphone found herself with child. After the rape of The Ripper, a mortal serial killer, who seemed to evade authorities by fleeing to Scotland after countless murders. Tisiphone fell in love with the wicked man, he spurned her and in turn—she did to him what he did to many of his female victims. The act was bloody and brutal, resulting in the conception of Freya and the death of her father.

race traits

It is essential for Erinys to keep their anger controlled, as being overburdened with the emotion of anger can lead to bloodlust. This is when Erinys loses control of their bodily functions and becomes a killing machine. Erinys cannot see crimes going unpunished, and is compelled to act. Freya is only half Erinys, therefore, she is still affected by mortality.

abilities

Enhanced Physiology; as an Erinys, her strength, speed, endurance, and senses far outclasses the pinnacle of humankind

Weapons Proficiency; innately a master at handling and wielding weapons. Being proficient in any weapon comes with a plethora of various abilities as well, like overall better precision, and combat capabilities

Anger Empowerment & Control; has the capability to gain strength from the anger or rage of others, including herself. To some extent, she can even control the rage within someone for a period of time

Blood Manipulation; since the castration of Ouranos led to the creation of the Erinyes with divine droplets of ichor, she possesses the ability to shape and control the movements of blood. Additionally, she is capable of forming a blood-shaped bullwhip

dorm

Ra

miscellaneous

relationships

Clyde Alexander [Father]
Tisiphone [Mother]
Lavinia Blackwood [Adoptive Mother]

brochure

On a cold and blue day in the 20th century, when nothing else would, it reached Freya. From rags from the day she was born to riches all those years ago. Mrs. Blackwood had passed. The estate and inheritance all belong to her. Lavinia Blackwood, her late adoptive mother was unable to have children, she was infertile. Without a living husband, it was just her and her mother. Until this was not true anymore. In 1969 her adoptive mother passed from a stroke, and the letter arrived in the mail. Deep in the abyss, wrought with despair at the death she caused, Freya had all but lost touch with reality. It took her years of isolation to even read the letter. Then, she decided to enroll, since she aged slower than mortals.

Last edited:
Omiṣàndé

she would be half the world away,
loating in a turquoise sea
dancing by the moonlight

— DOSSIER & VISAGE.
Name: Omiṣàndé
Water Flowed To Us | It was given to her by a human she…came across. It was the only human word that she understood when she first touched land. Even though her and the human have parted ways, she still uses it.

Nicknames: Omi | While lovely, her full name was simply too long for her. So she came up with Omi as am alternate.
Age: 87 | Has the appearance of someone in their early twenties.
Sexuality: Lesbian
Date of birth: February 15th
Place of birth: Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Lagos, Nigeria
Race/ethnicity: Nigerian

Visage: Yemoja watched as her children were thrown into her waters, sharks trailing after ships in hopes of an easy meal. tears flowed down her cheeks and the waters began to sway, the sea raged as her emotions poured from her. They were molded in the image of her sea creatures, turned to survive deep beneath the waves.

She has been told, by those who have gazed upon her beauty, that she is proof that only fools associate evil with the dark. All deep brown skin, deep like the most fertile of soils or the cosmos that others reach for with longing in their eyes. Light twinkles on her skin like stars in the night skin, urging those to take a closer look and make a wish should they feel deserving. Her skin tells the story of who her people once were, before they were thrown over ships and plunged into the water below. It’s within the water that their true forms are revealed. Brown flesh melts into a silvery hue, scales decorate her body like armor.

Had Yemoja purposely shaped her features in a unique manner? A face that some deem hard to look at yet they find themselves entranced all the same. There is something vaguely unnerving…otherworldly hidden in her features but soft enough to fool the eyes. Thise eyes of her, the deepest of blues, hide their true emotions behind fluttering lashes. It is hard to see the hunger that lurks within. their watery depths camouflage the cruelty of her gaze, the intensity holding all the wrath passed down through the generations.

She grew as though she had been attempting to reach the world above. a powerful tale grew, stretched until it was strong enough to propel her through rough waters or to knock enemies off balance. She is all long limbs and muscle in both form, a predator down to her very core. with teeth of razors and claws like the sharpest of blades, she mercilessly cuts through those who stand in her way. Yemoja blessed her kind with beauty and savagery in equal measures.

— PERSONA.
Personality: Sirens are known to be vicious creatures, predators made for the hunt and slaying those who dare enter their waters. The rumors are true and there is no greater example than Omiṣàndé. It comes as no surprise that she is a feral creature. Her entire life has been spent within the ocean open as a top predator. There’s a wildness to her that will never be tamed, no matter how much time she spends out of the water. She has learned how to be “civil”, learned that problems don’t always require fighting to solve them. Omiṣàndé is a cunning creature who has adapted to being on land somewhat. But make no mistake, a predator will also be a predator. Her instincts are still there, a need for blood and violence lay just below the surface.

There was a time when Omiṣàndé had to play by the rules. She had no trouble though, patience was something that had been taught to her long ago. It’s common for people to underestimate things that they see as lesser, be it in intelligence or strength. How confidently man holds their ability to domestic wild animals. Omiṣàndé is capable of playing dumb, knows how to fake it until she’s close enough to strike. Make no mistake, there is know doubt that she is wild. To assume that she isn’t intelligent would be foolish. Omiṣàndé has actively hunted humans and her skills only improved once she stepped foot on land. Omiṣàndé is capable of subtle manipulation, with her watchful gaze she is able to locate and exploit weaknesses that she sees.

Positive traits: Intense, Curious, Adaptive, Protective, Hypnotic, Intelligent
Negative traits: Possessive, Sadistic, Vengeful, Aggressive, Manipulative, Insensitive
Fears: Drying out
— SPECIES
Explanation: Omi is a siren, a mythical creature who have been said to lure sailors to their death with their voices. Sirens are more vicious than their well known counterparts, the mermaids. Where mermaids are peaceful and live along side sea creatures, sirens are territorial, aggressive, and actively hunt anything that enters their territory.

Rules of species: even though omiṣàndé can survive on land, she must submerge herself in “live” water in order to not dry out.

Anatomy: When in her true form omi possesses a scaly upper body, razor sharp fangs and claws, webbed hands, webbed underarms, a pair of small fins right above the caudal fin. She has a large, single fish-like fin running down her back, three long sets of webbed fins running down their tails (one along the back, and two smaller ones each positioned on the side of the tail), and a stinger growing out between the caudal fins. Her gills are located on her rib cage. Shown here

Abilities:
Enhanced Swimming - Omi is able to swim at speeds up to 68 - 80 mph when in the water. She is also very agility in the water.

Enhanced Senses - She, like the rest of her species, possess the enhanced senses of sight and hearing. They are able to sounds far off ultrasonic frequency. They also possess the ability to see at night or in darkness.

Enhanced Strength - Omi can overpower someone twice her size, lift up an anchor with no problem and throw a pipe hard enough to pierce a wall. Despite her slender form she is dense, weighing at 268lbs. This is so that she can withstand extreme water conditions and pressure without trouble.

Enhanced Healing - Sirens possess greater regenerative capabilities than humans. They heal quickly from non-fatal injuries within a short period.

Enhanced Strength - Omi can overpower someone twice her size, lift up an anchor with no problem and throw a pipe hard enough to pierce a wall. Despite her slender form she of verse dense, this is so that she can withstand extreme water conditions and pressure without trouble.

Siren Song - She possesses a strange, alluring song that many humans are drawn to. Omi can use her voices to sing a wordless song that can manipulate a human's feelings or actions, depending on its intentions; this can range from influencing a person to defend her from others or draw others to them. She can also use her voice to sing a sequence of tones which, when accompanied by hand gestures over a person's body, is capable of moving pain out of it temporarily.

Weaknesses
Siren Song - Her song has a negative effect on those who listen, creating a type of lesion on the brain beginning in the frontal lobe, the region that controls impulses and inhibitions, which can lead to side effects ranging from hallucinations, delusions, lowered inhibitions.

Metamorphosis - The process of changing forms is a extremely painful one, with some dying in the process. The change includes bones rearranging, skin melding or tearing, and sharp teeth and fangs piercing skin. The change can leave her exhausted and quite weak after.

Mortality - Despite their long lifespans and durability mermaids are still abled to be killed. Stab wounds, blood loss, and starvation are just some of the things that can kill them.

High Stress - When stressed she can revert back to her more predatory and aggressive instincts.

— BACKGROUND.
Background: The Yoruba people were ripped from their homes and families during the time of colonization. grouped up and forced into boats by their captures, the yoruna prayed to their orishas in hopes to be heard. Yemọja listened to the cries of her people, were children and watched as many were thrown into her seas while others sank the ships they had been forced into.

It was due to her that they were able to adapt to the sea, become one with it in order to live on and sink the ships of colonizers. those who joined the sea, be it forcibly or by choice changed physically. Their hands became webbed, they grew powerful and barbed tails, and they grew gills. these new creatures, these children of yemọja who merged with her waters became creatures of legends, terrifying predators tasked with protecting the sea.

Omiṣàndé comes from that line of sirens, though she is one of the younger ones. As the sirens are matriarchal in nature, the females tend to handle most things, ranging from hunting to ruling, and having first rights at kills, while the males act as their subordinates. In the water the sirens look after each others, taking care of each other and protecting their waters. This is what omiṣàndé’s life consisted of. She, along with her younger sister were similar to royalty, with their mother being the sister of the pod leader.

It was her daring sister who ventured closer to the surface to hunt for food. The humans, they fished too much and too soon, forcing her pod to come closer. Her sister was caught and Omi was forced to leave her home to find her.

When did they receive their brochure?: It took so much time to find her sister. Omi broke the tank that caged her frail body, the dead water surrounding her was not enough to heal her wounds. They had taken so much from her and Omi was left with nearly nothing. They returned home, a trail of bodies left in the elder sister’s wake. It was then that she received her brochure.
code by crucially

the dreamwalker.

scroll

Devin

Devin

ㅎㅎ

full name

Devin Murphy

twenty-five
DOB May 24th
Gemini

sexuality

bi ace
trans masc (he/him)

birthplace

Boston
MA, USA

ethnicity

Irish-American

• Awake, awake

though we were wide awake
    this is a dream state

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

scroll

scroll

People don't mind being mean; but they never want to be ridiculous.

Moliere

the Empusa

DANA

full name

Dana Kanelos-Garcia

nicknames

dani, princess, madame president

"24"

d.o.b.

january 17th, capricorn

p.o.b.

athens, greece

ethnicity

mexican & greek

sexuality

demi-sexual

King of Shadow

Kat Cunning

visage

height

5'3''

weight

130lbs

hair

A deep dark brown that's long and glossy. Much like her skincare routine, caring for her hair is a necessity, and maintenance has occasionally taken precedence over some people; she'll never skip her routine. Most often, Dana prefers to wear her hair down to limit any sort of tension on her hairline.

But if it's a busy day, you can catch her with her hair pulled back into a high ponytail. When Dana feeds, her hair turns almost the color of an ember (like it's about to set aflame) and even radiates heat if you get too close; someday it just might burst into flames.

eyes

In her regular state, Dana's eyes are a chocolate brown, narrowed in observation (and judgment). When using their abilities, or feeding, an empusa's true form comes closer to the surface and Dana's eyes take on an amber appearance.

skin

Dana's skin is a warm brown that is smooth to the eye everywhere but her left leg which is textured from the hip joint down from a healed burn injury

disting. features

The beauty next to her nose. Dana is not the most joyous individual, when she smiles it rarely appears genuine and comes off as more of a grimace or sneer.

wardrobe

In academia mode, Dana fully embodies that part of the over-achieving, top-marks student. She's very much an academia girl: light, dark, ect. but her go-to is romantic because maroons and creams are her self-proclaimed colors.

On her more casual days, maybe she'll bust out some brighter colors, hell, maybe even a t-shirt, but fall colors and styles are where her heart is. Rarely, does she wear pants - very much a skirt and dress girl, but if she doesn't have anything to do, she loves a good pair of sweats. Dana's school fashion centers around upholding her position in the student gaze, she refuses to let people perceive her as anything but what she intends to let be seen.

However, when away from Wollstone academics, she's always buying new clothes and experimenting with whatever fashions catch her eyes; the party girl aesthetic, in particular, has her heart. Especially the glitter.

faceclaim

danna paola

psyche

Kindness isn't a given in Dana's world. Being "nice" when she doesn't mean it is a form of emotional manipulation in Dana's eyes, and more often than not she can't be bothered with catering to others' feelings. She cares about herself. Putting in energy to have concern for others requires that they prove themselves to her.

Being around her sisters has made Dana rather spiteful and guarded. She doesn't trust that there's inherent good in people and can be unintentionally harsh with her words. The young woman keeps her emotions locked up so tight that she hardly understands them herself when something other than irritation surfaces. Her school life is a break from the overbearing weight of her home life and does cause her to relax a bit with the entertainment she is provided, but she's still a bit of a bitch. If she gets involved with someone it will 100% be complicated.

Dana is an overachiever in every aspect of her life except for relationships. Any form of intimacy in her personal causes conflict in how she conducts herself as an empusa, and can be a matter of literal life and death, she can't afford that. She knows how to have fun, but is particular about doing it with the "right people." And if she's busy, in any sort of way, she'll restrict herself from having any sort of downtime until the task is completed. For her, Wollstone is an escape from her "family" and she'll do anything to ensure that she doesn't have to go back before her time.

In some ways, it's hard to say what is really Dana versus what she feels she must be to stay at Wollstone and secure a better life for herself.

Dana is overall an everyman, someone who can pick out common ground with just about everyone with ease - if she actually triedto. She doesn't play into people's ego or try to butter them up, but she knows how to diffuse a situation if need be. She's straightforward, honest, and unapologetic when sharing her thoughts. She just has a knack for reading people.

parties, public speaking, fashion, winning, challenges, self-care, journalling, bonding activities

dislikes

emotional stuff, slackers, confinement, off-brand/knockoffs/cheap, touchiness, commands

virtues

attentive, proactive, outging, persuasive, confident

vices

jaded, workaholic, sarcastic, insensitive, emotionally constipated

ailments

Despite her burnt leg healing successfully, Dana’s body could only do so much, and still deals with quite a bit of long term complications . It can frequently cause stiffness and radiating pain from the damaged nerves. On a tough day she can be seen with a walking aid (a cane but make it fashion), and on a bad day, she has a knee scooter or a wheelchair depending on how much trouble she has getting around.

Unlike vampires, Dana can be out in the sun, but strong sunlight or too much exposure can cause her to have migraines and become dehydrated if she doesn't wear sunglasses or carry around a parasol of some sort.

fears

Being stuck with her family, Getting kicked out of Wollstone, Losing control or Wasting away

history

Athens is the land Hecate's cult inhabited centuries ago, and as descendants of Hecate, it is the residing place of one of the Empusa clans; the Kanelos. The concept of love is nonexistent in Dana's family. If the Empusas actually used the word "love," it would be made synonymous with "obligation." You looked out for your sisters; if they need to dispose of a corpse, you helped. If they wanted to go hunting, you went along. There was no question, no discussion, you just did it. That's would be love if there was ever such a word to Dana's family. And it would only apply to family.

The clan is relatively large, living together in a two-story home much like extended families living together —if all of the relatives were women and women alone. Save for the original Empusas, all of Dana's sisters were created in the same way she was. An Empusa would copulate with an unsuspecting victim before killing him. Straightforward. No complications of "relationships" or "love" involved.

Dana hates it.

Her own "father" was a man named Anthony Garcia. Dana never got to know him, and she never would, but she took his surname as a way to honor him anyway.

Growing up in her home was miserable. Dana couldn't stand her sisters; they were cruel, bloodthirsty, and honest to god messes. She may be a bitch, but they were monsters. Everything about her home life drove her mad, they were always a unit, never independent. If she so much as looked at a boy without intent to feed, her sisters would kill him. And if she stepped out of line, she was punished severely and put on lockdown to slowly starve for days at a time.

As time went on, Dana began to lose hope that she'd ever be free of her sisters and began to become more like them. She stopped talking back, she took lives without remorse, and began to go numb to the day-to-day. The brochure from WSC was her saving grace, when she received it, she hid it away until she could make her escape. Leaving her sisters meant a death sentence if she were ever to return, so ever since, Dana has been staying at Wollstonecraft permanently until she finishes her education and figures out where to go next and what to do with herself.

gallery

connections

character name

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse finibus erat mi, vel consectetur neque ultrices a. Nulla facilisi. Fusce at quam ut sem pharetra posuere nec nec enim. Mauris rhoncus fermentum sapien, ac finibus mi tempus sed.

character name

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse finibus erat mi, vel consectetur neque ultrices a. Nulla facilisi. Fusce at quam ut sem pharetra posuere nec nec enim. Mauris rhoncus fermentum sapien, ac finibus mi tempus sed.

character name

character name

Lore

species

Empusas are often placed under the category of a vampire due to being more nocturnal creatures that feast on the blood of victims —but there are some differences. Empusas not only drink their victim's blood but will also eat their flesh; they primarily feed on sleeping victims unless truly desperate and rather than a bat, they shapeshift into owls. Plus, the roiling heat and occasionally flaming hair is a difference that's hard to miss

brochure

Dana received her brochure while under punishment from her sisters. Her sisters were out feeding and she was locked away in the crypt. How the letter found its way into the safehold is truly magic.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

scroll

scroll

The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Edgar Allan Poe

the Medium

Baemin

류 배민

Baemin Ryoul

nicknames

Benjamin/Ben, bae, babe, bean

d.o.b.

september 30, libra

p.o.b.

Incheon, South Korea

ethnicity

south korean

sexuality

pansexual

You're Dead

Norma Tanega

visage

height

6'1''

weight

136lbs

hair

A silky dark, almost black brown; he dyed it black a lot when he was younger and now it has a charcoal color to it. And it's only emphasized by his blanched skin.

eyes

Baemin's are black. It's not an exaggeration. His eyes are like a void trapped in insight marbles, there's seemingly no end, and looking at them for long periods of time can produce unease. Any use of his abilities or when possessed makes his eyes take on the grey opaque look of a corpse.

skin

Baemins skin is icy and pale like he's been out in the cold too long. Since he is still technically living, his skin is not corpse-grey but frequently looks tinged blue in places like he may be hypothermic; he runs cold, but it's not nearly severe as it looks. Rather than looking flushed, when he warms up, he looks more of a normal human hue.

disting. features

Black colored fingertips and deep-set dimples

wardrobe

Even on the hottest of days, Baemin prefers to cozied up in a sweater. He loves long sleeves, boots, and bright, colorful clothing. Think 80's or kid core - but not as extreme as the latter. He likes wearing things that make him feel happy and relaxed, and as a bonus, they brighten up his death-warmed-over appearance. His appearance either screams youthful or quirky, middle-aged mother.

faceclaim

choi byung-chan

psyche

A light-hearted young man with a heart of gold.
Despite his whole death vibe, Baemin is anything but doom or gloom. He's genuinely a nice guy who enjoys the life he's been given; a product of love. The people in his life have always cared for him and made sure he was taken care of, and he tries his best to give that energy back to the universe.

Not one to take things too personally, Baemin is comfortable putting himself out there and risking rejection if it means potentially connecting with others. If he has an idea or wants to go on an adventure, he'll invite others along for the ride. If they say no, he'll still extend the offer next time because maybe they'll change their mind. Sometimes he can be pushy in his insistence on including others, but there's no ill intent behind his actions.

In social interactions, he's definitely more of a listener and is fully engaged in learning about the other person. He's more chatty in group social settings and has a dry almost teasing sense of humor, but always turns the conversation towards whatever the other person wants to talk about

On the flip side, he can be a bit foresighted and repeat information that he totally shouldn't have told. So it's best to be conscious of what secrets you tell him. Easily distracted or lost in thought, Baemin tends to do things when they come to him and will forget anything else unless reminded; he frequently gets sidetracked by wayward spirits

He's very much a go-with-the-flow kind of guy, taking things in stride, and has become somewhat of a social butterfly because of his background.
He gets in where he fits in, but there's no guarantee he'll stick around for long before flitting off somewhere else.

He's enjoying his youth and will do most things if offered. Hesitation is for wimps.

hanging out, warmth, chatting, sports, music, exploration, novelty

dislikes

the cold, invasion of space, most classes, apathy, funerals, icecream

virtues

caring, easy-going, open-minded, adventurous, creative

vices

short attention span, frivolous, private, non-commital, overtly trusting

ailments

Because of how cold he runs, winter months and the lowering of his body temperature can be deadly. Baemin does not hold his body heat very well and is practically cold-blooded in how his body functions.

The colder he gets internally, the more sluggish he'll become so he has to find ways to keep warm or stay in the sun most of the time. It can be especially hard to tell when Baemin is struggling to warm up because of the natural chill of his skin.

Possession is like recovering from the flu or an illness. It's a full body process and sometimes the side effects from it are worse than the illness itself.

The most common is mild fatigue and the equivalent of caffeine shakes after his mind is back in control of his body, the second most common his the possession "hangover." No matter the bodily response, Baemin's temperature always drops after a possession which is also why he's so particular about his sweaters; preventative measures.

fears

Dying alone, not waking up from a possession

history

Jeoseung Sajas are the grim reapers of Korea, beings who either were brought into existence or became reapers after suicide. Ryoul Hui-Cheol committed suicide long after he and Baemin's mother had last spoken. He was once a pleasant man, but life turn on him swiftly once he became of age. Sona was the love of his life, it was unfortunate that he couldn't find her again until after his death. But as fates would have it, she could see him.

They had one night together and Hui-Cheol was forbidden from seeing Sona ever again. But unintentional as it was, he left her a gift. Baemin.

Sona knew Baemin was not fully human when he was born breathing but sleeping. Living but with the mark of death. It wasn't until they spent an hour warming up his frozen skin that his eyes opened. And from that moment forward, Sona doted on Baemin like he, himself, hung the stars in the sky. She'd make her son meals every day, tell him how much she loved him before bed, kept the house warm enough to keep him from turning blue, and spent so much time with her son that by the time he became school age, Baemin would proudly tell everyone just how great his mom was.

His home life was a happy one, and despite not having a father, his mother was his rock and always spoke fondly of his father.

The change in their home happened when Baemin was 8 and saw his first ghost; his grandmother. It wasn't a scary experience, he and his maternal grandmother had such a fun time, she called him funny nicknames, and told him stories about his mother. Baemin didn't really see anything wrong. He knew his grandmother had passed before he was born, but it was still fun to talk to her; she wasn't scary or anything. And when his grandmother asked if she could speak to his mom, he said yes without hesitation! Mom would love to speak to you, she misses you so much.

He doesn't remember much about the first time he was possessed. It wasn't as aggressive or invasive as his later experiences from unwelcome spirits, but when he came to, his small frame was in a hospital bed with his mother and deceased grandmother at his bedside. Sona had long stopped being afraid, having come to terms with the conversation she and her mother had had, and was instead patiently waiting for her son to awaken. When Baemin came to, his grandmother apologized profusely but Baemin said it was okay. That he was glad to help her. His mother hugged him tightly for hours on end and when they returned home she told him the full story about his father.

The possessions would happen occasionally after that, usually when he left home and went out. The effects varied from colds to passing out to more hospital trips, but as Baemin got older his body grew stronger and the side effects became less crippling our outright dangerous. Which is when he started capitalizing on it. Madame Kim was a friend of his mother's and became a sort of mentor to him after her passing when he was 18. She did tarot readings and fortune telling, and for an upgraded package, Baemin could commune with a loved one. It was exhausting work, but it paid well for a freshly orphaned teen turned adult.

Still, at the end of the day, Madame Kim wasn't his mother, nor did she try to be. So when the letter from WSC came, Baemin decided that it was time for change and packed up shop.

gallery

connections

character name

character name

character name

character name

Lore

species

Baemin is human. Mostly. He was born from a reaper and a human, and so he has half a soul; literally having one foot in the grave. Because of this he has an odd range of abilities that a human should not have.

Baemin can see, channel, and communicate with the dead, the medium thing kinda fell upon him after this particular discovery, and he has an empathetic sense through physical touch that allows him to feel death and ailments. He can also shadow travel, although his practice at this particular skill is very limited.

Because of his reaper heritage, Baemin can touch ghosts and make them temporarily visible but it comes at the cost of his own energy; he is much more prone to possession than the average human or medium and this makes him even more susceptible. He can replenish his energy through food consumption, but it's more like a bandaid to cover the healing wound.

Some side effects that come along with his physiology are that not only does he run cold, but he feels deathly cold to the touch no matter his internal temperature. Simply existing invites spirit possession and when sensing death, Baemin feels the sickness and injury as if it were his own.

brochure

It arrived at his place of work, Madame Kim's Psychic Palace. Baemin didn't have much tying him to his home after his mother's death so he took the opportunity

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
  • Clever as the Devil and twice as pretty
    Victoria Rose
    enter
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
god, the kind of wrong that makes you feel right /
the little death that makes you feel alive
code by valen t.
devi !
NAME: Devi Mahesh
GOES BY: Devi, Dev (friends only)
SEXUALITY: Asexual lesbian
DOB: December 1st ████
POB: Unknown
RACE/ETHNICITY: Indian (Tamil)

HAIR: Thick and dark, reaching shoulder-length and with enough layers to make it look a bit like a wolf cut.
EYES: A nearly-black burgundy. They have an odd, glassy sheen if looked at closely.
SKIN: Though Devi has retained their warm, medium-brown complexion, there is a greyish-blue tint to their extremities that never seems to fade. Small, cracking stripes of the same greyness trace her neck and legs.
HEIGHT: 5’5” (5’7” in heels)
BUILD: Slim to average, some muscle due to forging.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Their RBF and goth/punk aesthetic.
WARDROBE: x o x
PIERCINGS: x
FACE CLAIM: Simone Ashley

PERSONALITY: Those who know Devi would say it’s no wonder she ended up dead. With a fiery wit and stoic confidence she unleashes whenever someone gets on her nerves, she makes her opinions known quickly to others, for better or for worse. That isn’t to say she’s mean—she’s actually quite good with her emotions, it’s just that she has a hard time controlling them. Her passion is powerful but can lead her into unsavory scenarios, especially when she starts isolating herself from those around her.
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic good
TRAITS:
+ Passionate, curious, thoughtful, empathetic​
- Temperamental, impulsive, stubborn, senstitive​
= Neurotic, honest, assertive, moralistic​
FEARS: Remembering how she died, being helpless/complacent when something goes wrong, someone exploiting her prophecies
AILMENTS: Unknown, but if Devi did go to a doctor, they would tell her that she’s mildly anemic and has an addiction to nicotine.

SPECIES INFO: The Prophets are an ancient species. They have hidden among humans since the dawn of civilization—that is, since there were bodies to bury. It goes like this: very, very rarely, when a corpse has just started to decompose, something brings that person’s spirit back. Call it God, Satan, or what have you, but the fact is that these Prophets begin by reanimation. Rumor goes that Prophets only arise from the most unjust deaths, but it is difficult to prove, given how few of them exist.

Depending on the conditions they reincarnated from, a Prophet can appear anywhere from completely human to… well, corpse-like. Most fall somewhere in the middle, with a strange glassiness to their eyes or a stiff walk. The condition or injury that caused their death is healed in time. However, few Prophets recover any memory of their human life.

RULES:
Eternal Youth: A Prophet cannot age physically, and so they can appear the age that they died at for centuries or millennium. Lasting that long is rare, however, as a Prophet is just as vulnerable as any other human to bodily harm. You don’t need any special tricks to kill them, but time won’t do the job.​
Prophecy: As the name might suggest, every Prophet has some kind of connection to the future. It varies greatly from person to person. The oldest and wisest have been able to learn various methods of prediction, but most Prophets stick to one. These “visions” are involuntary but can be induced more readily with intense concentration.​
Deprivation: Corresponding directly to their particular connection to the future, a Prophet has a circumstance or object that they cannot be separated from for extended periods of time. For example, for a Prophet that reads the future by writing, being without pen and paper. This deprivation will escalate from mental exhaustion to physical harm in a matter of days, so it is critical that Prophets plan for the worst.​

DORM: Artume

BACKGROUND: Moments of Devi’s life before their death come in faint dreams: soft, pale hands in hers and the putrid smell of blood in an old barn. She wants to know what happened before, the love and the heartbreak, but the memories are too far to reach.

It starts, really, with a dead body in an abandoned apartment. No one knows how it got there. It’s a Friday in 1975 and all of NYC seems to be out dancing the night away, so no one sees when this corpse opens its eyes. After a few minutes, it shakes itself and stands, blood trickling steadily from its nose.

“I think that she was the one who saved me, really. A second go at life isn’t shit if no one gives you the chance to start.”

Devi wanders through the city streets for days, able to remember nothing but their name. An elderly woman by the name of Navya takes them in as an apprentice for her bakery. They grind rice for dough and run out to a local market for ingredients, taking in the world once again with an odd kind of despair they can’t fully explain.

Navya gets older and frailer. Her grandchildren weep and the doctors write notes solemnly, quietly. Devi sits with her in palliative care every night, and once, Nayva asks her why she never sleeps.

There’s a name and an address on a piece of paper in a quiet, quiet hotel room. The stars stare back at the figure sitting in the window.

“I dream. That’s the best way to describe it.” (laughs) “More like a nightmare, but whatever. The point is that I knew when I woke up that she was dead. I was running for the doctors before the heart monitor flattened.”

Devi figures out what they are, eventually. A small girl with eerily dark eyes and a penchant for writing all over her arms lays out the basics of being a Prophet. They meet a few other not-quite-humans scattered throughout NYC, and eventually find a more permanent refuge as a blacksmith, making tools and weaponry for the public.

Given the potential for a near-endless life and the ability to predict some truly horrible things, Devi has just barely avoided (another) untimely end. That’s not to say she doesn’t get in danger. She roams ancient libraries in the dead of night, hunting for any cult or theory that might let her understand the supernatural world better.

“I had to keep looking. Wouldn’t you? I’m a fucking - I’m not human. There’s no explanation.”

The truth is that the rest of the Prophets know of Devi. They call her the Faust, invoking her sense of perpetual dissatisfaction, and watch her journey with a mixture of envy and disgust.

Most Prophets live on the edge of civilization and swear by neutrality, but Devi is not afraid—she has learned about the threads of evil that wear down humans and monsters alike, and she cannot sit around and wait as they do their work. She shares her prophecies not as a mystical medium hoping for money and fame, but as someone who is just as angry at the fucked-up parts of the world as anyone else.

RELATIONSHIPS:
??? - Past lover
In all their years, Devi has been only able to remember one person from their life as a human: a girl who was their best friend and everything more, the only relief from the overwhelming anger and fear of the rest of their past. Her name is lost to time, but Devi thinks of her sometimes. They wonder if she died alongside them.​

WHEN DID THEY RECIEVE THEIR BROCHURE?: "I swear, I was only trying to help!"

New York City, like any major metropolis, has a criminal underbelly. Most law-abiding citizens are happy to go about their day and avoid any alleyways ringing with gunshots or grunts of pain. Devi is not one of those citizens.

"It was supposed to only be me."

The details are blurry thanks to the multiple concussions she gets in the back of a nondescript black van, but the gist of it is this: Devi interferes at the wrong place and the wrong time. A young vampire she knows from one of the supernatural groups in the city steps in to help.

"I'm so fucking sorry."

Two enter. One exits.

Devi is sitting in her shitty apartment, thinking about how that boy won't even get a grave, when a letter slides under her door.

Last edited:
WIP

Name: Belle Reynolds

Nicknames: None, Belle is enough

Sexuality: Asexual

Date of birth: August 5, 2002

Place of birth: 3rd Circle of Hell

Hair: Midnight black

Eyes: Sky blue

Height: Five foot nothing.

Weight: 100 lbs

Distinguishing features: When looked at with truesight, one will see a smoky, dull grey energy slowly withering her from the inside

Faceclaim:

the banshee.

name.

Lucia Marie Byrne

nickname.

Lucy | Lu-Lu

age.

gender.

Female | she/her pronouns

sexuality.

Pansexual

date of birth.

October 31st

place of birth.

Dublin, Ireland

visage.

height.

4'11"

weight.

100 lbs

ethnicity.

Irish decent. She has a fair complexion, with a smattering of freckles across the bridge of her nose.

hair.

Long curls that tumble towards her waist, auburn in color like the leaves in autumn. Most days Lucy will let her curls tumble loose around her shoulders or she will pull small sections away from her face and secure them with a bow at the back of her head, with some loose pieces framing her heart-shaped face.

eyes.

Azure in color like the bluest ocean, Lucy's eyes are framed by thick, dark lashes. They are generally bright with joy but will turn a stormy blue whenever she is upset.

distinguishing features.

Her eyes and her hair.

wardrobe.

Lucy prefers cozy and soft clothing like sweaters and leggings, though she does own a couple of dresses that she will wear from time to time when the weather is warm.

faceclaim.

Julia Adamenko

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

scroll

Sometimes you have to be selfish to be selfless.

Edward Albert

the Alebrije

Tiago

name

Tigo Leota

nicknames

Tee, tigre

d.o.b.

June 1, Gemini

p.o.b.

Mérida, Mexico

ethnicity

mexican & somaoan

sexuality

pansexual

Best Years

5SOS

visage

height

5'10''

weight

154lbs

hair

tiago's hair is a wavy dark brown with a coarse texture strangely similar to animal fur

eyes

Dark brown eyes help to mask the size of one's unnaturally large pupils.

skin

Tiago has spent the majority of his days under the warm sun of his home in Mexico. That along with frequent travels to his parent's home countries has left him with a warm complexion that radiates much like his smile. On first touch, his skin feels smooth to the touch, but an individual with more sensitive senses may be able to notice the downy hairs along his body

disting. features

tiago's teeth align with more animalistic attributes than human, which gives him an intimidating, but endearing(?) toothy smile

wardrobe

tbd.

faceclaim

alex aiono

psyche

Tiago is obnoxious, mischievous, and cocky, but he does have redeeming traits. He's charming, for example, and he prefers mischief that (almost) everyone can enjoy rather than a mean-spirited ploy that only he would enjoy. Tiago prefers to get as much enjoyment out of life as possible while avoiding any kind of conflict that does not work in his favor. He just wants to have fun and be entertained by the people around him. The majority of conflicts and responsibilities in the world tend to bog down said goal for merriment.

Tiago rarely wants to stick his neck out for others, but even when he attempts to be selfish he always finds himself unconsciously doing for others no matter the consequences. When forced into “guardian” mode, he’s much less pleasant and can be short and distant.

Still, he does have a habit of being self-absorbed. It's all too easy for him to push off responsibilities onto someone else so that he can do what he deems important. To lessen the discontentment of the party involved, he typically sweet-talks them. Tiago's confidence occasionally wavers to show that he is lonely and insecure of where he stands in his relationships. He keeps a barrier most of the time because he doesn’t want another person to worry about.

campfires, blackberries, dogs, tall tales, mythology, competitions, athletics

dislikes

lectures, pity, boring conversations, coffee, getting too personal

virtues

charming, intuitive, mischievous, strategic, confident, fast learner

vices

sarcastic, can be mean-spirited, selfish, lying is a hobby, defensive, troublemaker

ailments

Tiago is sensitive to bright lights and prone to poor vision and headaches. Partially shifting forms is like having a bruise and an overworked muscle in one.

fears

Not having a life of his own. Dying for someone else

history

Tiago's parents did not go on holiday to Ireland with the intention of copulation. In the eyes of newlyweds, Maria and Aleki Leota, a preparedness to tie the knot did not equate to a preparedness to raise a child. They were merely two young people in love. Two young people who were learning how to navigate the ins and outs of adulthood, while trying to resist the urge to move back in with their parents.

A honeymoon for them was meant to be a break from the crushing pressures of reality where they could just be happy together.

During their trip abroad, Tiago's parents opted for a nontraditional course of exploration in the mountains of Ireland over the tourist hotspots in the cities. The land was gorgeous, with rolling hills, dipping valleys, and thriving wildlife that they couldn't resist witnessing firsthand. The villages and towns they visited accommodated the wandering couple with inns to stay in during evenings, and local cuisine to carry with them for their travels on foot.

The townies didn't care much for small talk with the strangers, but they were not unkind to the pair. When the couple stayed in their towns, their hosts would give them tips and advice for their travels and were often open to consult when Maria and Aleki were in need of something. Overall, the pseudo-backpacking experience was pleasant and worthwhile, but despite all of their precautions, they still came back with a bun in the oven.

Yet despite the curveball this threw in their ten-year plan, their idealized future together, Maria and Aleki took their future parenthood in stride.

Some things were easy to handle on their own. Maria negotiated with her job about working from home after the baby’s birth. Aleki became picking up independent jobs to help make a baby fund.

Other things required more support. For a period of time, the two did move back in with their parents during the later stages of their pregnancy while they searched for a more baby-appropriate apartment. And it wasn’t as awful as it was made out to be. Maria had aid when she began to have mobility issues and Aleki could be at ease leaving his wife at home because their parents were there. And god knows how awful moving into their new place would’ve been without their friends.

Their newlywed life did not go according to plan. The ten-year plan was a bust, and even with all their preparation and keeping it together, everything that came after the birth of their child was terrifying.

So when Maria’s grandparents invited her home for Día de Los Muertos to be with family and pray to her ancestors for guidance. The two soon-to-be parents accepted graciously.
It was the first break from their starring roles in: What to Expect When Expecting. No crib assembly, no progress appointments, no clothes shopping, just them and their family.

And Maria prayed to the ofrenda what seemed like nonstop. She didn’t know why and she didn’t know if it was working, but she couldn’t stay away, and she made anyway who came near pray with her. Her mother, her grandfather, her husband, her cousins. She couldn’t have known that her ancestors heard her desperation and decided to give her a gift to help her and her family on their way. An Alebrije.

It wasn’t smooth sailing as their spirit guide aided them, but it made it apparent that nothing was impossible. Everything resolved itself in time with the fox/hare/owl creature presiding over them.

But the true gift came the night Maria was home alone.
Aleki had a trip out of town, her friend wouldn’t be in until later that evening… And Tiago’s mother died breathing in her sleep. Early in her 3rd trimester, it was likely Tiago would die too. But the spirit guide elected to protect him chose to sacrifice its essence to save Tiago after using most of its abilities to revive his mother.

It was as if it never happened.
The unexplained sensation of loss must’ve been Maria’s anxieties.

But from the day of his birth, Tiago proved to be an odd child. His presence concerned his parents. How he seemed to gaze at them with constant awareness. Maria couldn't explain why interacting with her son left her with a nagging inkling that he was worried —about something, about everything, or that he somehow knew to stop her from crossing right before a car whipped around the corner.

In childhood, Tiago physically fronted as a mortal to his others. And in the ways that counted, he was a child, but with a sense of awareness, he couldn’t explain. He was a guardian now. A mix of the essence of a spirit and his own; a meld of their memories and experiences.

The Alebrije was not gone, but now a part of him.
And despite him being the only soul in his body, Tiago frequently felt the pull of his inhuman essence.

A naturally mischievous young man, Tiago enjoyed the thrill out of telling outrageous stories to befuddle or dupe his neighbors, and making the plights of his classmates and acquaintances more arduous for his own entertainment; they had one too many parent-teacher conferences over his behavior. But at the same time, he’d protect anyone he considered a friend fiercely. And there’d been all too many occurrences of Tiago winding up with a bruise, broken arm, or punishment that seemed intended for someone else.

It’s true, he’s a naturally caring young man. But he knows that not all of these instances are as selfless as they seem; it’s as if he’s compelled. He despises it.

Especially because his frequent injuries worried his parents.

~^~

Half the time, Tiago felt as if he were a slave to his own abilities. His shapeshifting seems to happen on random nights, and if he doesn't get up to his designated "hijinks", his body fills with restless energy and his powers started to get out of whack... His mother's garden has seen some times... Plus the swiftness with which his moods flip are a recipe for mental whiplash.
He’d prefer to be a cliche comic book character.

Tiago still has not told his parents about what he’s discovered about himself and wants to keep it that way for as long as humanly possible.

gallery

connections

character name

character name

character name

character name

Lore

species

Tiago's abilities are about protecting. Being where he is needed quickly and diverting the problem. He’s hesitant to form strong attachments to people, because it’s like he’s tied to their essence and becomes akin to their guardian angel whether he willing to or not.

Like the world’s most annoying spidey sense, Tiago can sense when those he’s formed soul-ties to are in trouble or distress. He’s not good at the “guidance” and comforting bit, but he can definitely shove you out the way of a car if needed.

As an Alebrije, the young man is able to shapeshift into parts or his full chimeral form, maneuver with a speed and strength that humans can't, and teleport both in general and directly to his ward. He can also go invisible so as not to be seen by those he’s protecting.

brochure

the brochure came in the mail a few days after an extremely close call of tiago's mother discovering his abilities. Convincing tiago's parents to allow him to go to the school took a hefty amount of inspired lying.

♡coded by uxie♡

Delilah

the abyss
drew me more and more into its night,
like seaweed drawn by a dark ebb tide.
— DOSSIER & VISAGE.

【name】—delilah rue blackwell.
【age】— 23 years old.
【gender】— female.
【sexuality】— pansexual.
【d.o.b.】— october 23rd, scorpio.
【p.o.b】— hell
【race/ethnicity】— black

【hair】— delilah has a rather large afro that's black in color and soft to the touch. she’s been told that her hair feels like raw cotton, soft and fluffy or what a cloud would feel like. she keeps it in a variety of protective styles, ranging from bantu knots to crochet twist. her hair is dark brown, almost black.

【eyes】— the same color as her hair, they’re an intense, dark brown that are oftentimes mistaken as black. they bleed into pure black, including the whites of her eyes, when she’s a large amount of power.

【skin】— warm brown with red undertones. her skin is smooth and soft due to a combination of her demonic side and magical skin care products that she creates.

【distinguishing features】— delilah takes after her mother appearance wise, upon first glance she looks mortal. there are some indications of her infernal heritage, as small as they might be. when using her powers or when her demonic side is close to the surface, her eyes turn black. she possesses razor sharp claws as well as teeth.

【style】— delilah’s sense of style is somewhat modest. she’s the type to pair corsets with long shifts or dresses. her style can be described as a mix of masculine and feminine.

— PERSONA.
deep within the labyrinth that resides underneath the blackwell manor, a child was born. there was something different about this child. for she bore no signs of life, despite her wails that filled the room, echoing off the stone walls. an abomination in the eyes of the holy. the product of a duke of infernal origin and witch with hands stained with dark intent.

the sound of her laughter bounced off of the walls in her home as she raced through them, the chaos she had left in her wake. with needle-like teeth and eyes an unnerving, soulless black, she would wreak havoc and smile at the fruit of her labor. from a young age she has loved the adrenaline that would come with causing trouble. and when her antics caused pain, when tears would flow and others would cower, her smile would only grow. the darkness in her was a beloved companion. where others would cower at the thoughts within their heads, she tucked them away fondly, looked back to them when she felt sad.

though she was forced to attend lessons with others her age, her darkness was there present. the little hellion only adapted, learned to let that side of her present itself at the right time. but it is ever present when her eyes seem to shine with barely concealed malice, when her smile seems too sharp to be kind.

delilah grew into a formidable half-demon with all the traits of her father it seems. she is fond of mind games. once upon a time ago her love was simple, “harmless” pranks that would inconvenience whoever she had set her eye on. but as she grew and her taste changed, her love changed with her. now there is no greater love than watching others break before her. violence is one thing, but to reduce a person to ruin with a few well placed words or actions? a high that not even her best products can produce. delilah knows how to wield her words like weapons when she pleases, reopening wounds or creating new ones if she finds weaknesses. her claws are sharp and she does not let go. when dealing with her it is wise to not make deals or attempt to con her, those who have tried have been tricked with her careful wording. more often than not, they become victims of her gruesome hexes.

delilah is observant, her gaze catching things that others might. her eyes seem to shine with hidden knowledge. there are things, secrets that she knows but would never speak of…unless someone offers the right price of course. no one knows how she finds out the things she does, what they do know to come to hear if they want something to be unhidden.

delilah may not have the beauty of a vampire or succubus, but she makes up for it in confidence. there is a certain sensuality in how she carries herself. her moves are not poised but graceful nevertheless. the type of grace that one would associate with a predator. she is a solitary creature and thus she is a mystery. the aura she possesses is not a friendly one. she makes it known that she isn’t fond of others. there is thinly veiled aggression to her that keeps other at a distance, just as she prefers it.

【alignment】— chaotic neutral
【vices】— secretive, manipulative, vengeful, stubborn, unpredictable, emotional
【virtues】— passionate, sensual, mysterious, intuitive, reliable, cunning

【likes】— gardening, moonlit nights, strawberry lolipops, making new potions & spells , bursts of inspiration, horror media, sanguinem sanctorum
【dislikes】— cold weather, most people, scammers, cops, broken nails, late payments, the holy types
【dislikes】— pacing when agitated, tapping her claws

【fears】— Losing her business. The explications that come with being Supr
— SPECIES

【species】— cambion. delilah is the offspring of a high ranking demon and a satanic witch. like all cambions delilah showed no signs of life when she was brought into the world, this continued until she reached the age of seven. delilah is able to hide her more demonic traits. in her natural state she has a pointed ears, a razor sharp claws and talons, as well as needle sharp teeth and a tail that ends in a sharp triangle.

【abilities】
life-force absorption - delilah is able to feed off of the life-force of others through touch. her feeding usually leaves the target feeling weak, as if their energy is being drained. if she holds on for too long it will result in death. the draining speeds up if she’s been too long without feeding.

• supernatural condition - she’s more durable than humans. delilah’s senses are enhanced, from her being able to see in the dark to hear things that are far away. her strength is also enhanced, as well as her stamina, agility, speed, and healing. she can heal from mundane wounds and illnesses with ease, taking up to a few minutes to a few hours. delilah is indeed strong due to her demonic blood and her acceptance of both halves of herself, but she is not as strong as a full demon.

• demonic magic - as the daughter of a demon and satanic witch, magic comes easy to her. delilah specializes in magic of the left-handed sort, she’s someone who is very knowledgeable about her craft. delilah has a number of tomes containing knowledge on the dark and demonic arts.

• transmutation - delilah can teleport from one place to another with her mind. in order to do this she needs to have a clear image of the place she wants to teleport in her mind. the only way that she doesn’t need to do this is if she’s being summoned by another with the use of her symbol and the correct incantation.

• hell-fire manipulation - delilah can summon black flames that come straight from the pits of hell. these flames cannot be extinguished by normal means, they can only be put out or repelled by holy items like water and crosses. her flames cause more damage as they attack both the body and soul, making recovering a slow process. these flames are hard to control, thus delilah can only summon so much at a time before the strain is too much.

【drawbacks】
• holy objects - holy objects have the ability to hurt depending on how she’s exposed to it. items like crosses, holy water, and rosaries burn her when they come into contact with her skin. blessed silver weapons are capable of doing a lot of damage to her demonic half. she is unable to enter churches or any other sacred places, if she’s placed into one she becomes weaker.

• demon’s circle - demons are usually summoned with the use of sigils and salt, creating a circle that can trap them in order to force them to do something for the summoner. delilah is no different and can be summoned using this method. unless the circle is broken or she’s sent back to wherever she was with the correct phrase she cannot leave the circle. this is why she keeps her symbol and phrase to herself. only a select few people know of it

• trap sigil - there are certain symbols that can be placed within an area to trap demons and hybrids. once stepped in the area, where the circle is above or below them, the being is unable to leave. delilah can leave a demon circle but it zaps her energy, leaving her extremely drained and in need of replenishing the energy via feeding.
— BACKGROUND.
delilah's birth was carefully planned by the members of the sisters of night. ramona blackwell, her mother and next in line to be the supreme at the time, had been chosen to bring the child of an ancient demon, nox, into the world. with the birth of this hybrid, new power would be brought into their coven. and so, the ritual was performed and the baby was conceived. delilah was still when she was born, the coven rejoiced.

for as long as she can remember, her heritage has been an important part of who she is. delilah was raised to embrace both sides of her equally, that she was blessing upon her coven. it took little to no time for her to accept herself and to appreciate both sides of her lineage. however this didn’t mean that her life would be one of ease. as all children who were born into the coven, delilah was taught by the elder members. expectations were high for her and due to her nature, she needed to learn to control her emotions as witches needed to do so for their safety. alas, delilah was an emotional creature by nature.

her mother, ramona, had gone on to become the next supreme as expected of her. it was only right that she prepared her own child for the role when the time came. it was there that the two of them began to butt heads. delilah felt stifled, pressured even, as if she were slowly being crushed by the weight of her mother’s expectations. it was only natural that she rebelled, that she pushed back to ease the weight.

this rebellion was only fueled by the presence of her demonic parent, nox, who encouraged her to be emotional. to not suppress her emotions, but instead let them wash over her. with two very different individuals whispering in her ear, pulling her in two different directions, delilah was forced to learn to control her emotions in a way that helped her. instead of suppressing, she used them to strengthen her magic.

it came as no surprise to her coven when she took an interest in drugs. it was their specialty really, the coven pedaled drugs in many areas. they were well known in the magical criminal world for their activities. so when delilah began experimenting and creating no one batted an eye. her mother was even appeased at the time. as delilah began making products that increased their clientele and sales, expanding their influence through the underground. before long the hybrid became highly sought after as a supplier, her products known for their potency and the creativity behind them. with this delilah was able to fade into the background for a bit. her mother was no longer pushing her to prepare for when she took over the coven.

【 brochure receive? 】it was during a ritual in the woods that her coven was ambushed. it had been the work of some so called “good” witches and holy folk. in the end her family was killed. instead of joining her demonic parent delilah decided to attend the university. after all there was a permanent spot in hell for her.
code by crucially

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back