• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Our Kingdom Has Fallen ~ IC

Magnus Featherston

Magnus shivered at the thought of seeing the king this morning. Even though he was a guard, he still feared the witch king's foul magic. Every day, Magnus woke up with the nightmare of his parent's death but he pushed through the pain. Soon, his revenge would be at hand and it would be the true heirs to the throne to lead him it it.

“Not yet... Although I perchance might see him during breakfast.” he said trying his best to put on a kind face. Magnus was not used to having such a pleasant conversation for so long... To be honest, it was quite nice.

“It's good to see that you are well though.” added Magnus. With the death of Julian, Magnus wondered if the poor girl needed a helping hand. He knew that Meredith did not have any living relatives and as Julian's bunk-mate, he decided then and there that he would carry on Julians duty and take care of Meredith.

However, he thanked the heavens with a small prayer seeing that Meredith had grown up to be a fine young hand-maiden. Looking at the morning sun, he noticed it was almost time for the royals to go have breakfast with Soris.

“I think it's about time you tended to your duties...” he said scratching his chin in thought, “Come Meredith...”

Taking out a piece of bread from his bad that he had pilfered from the kitchens earlier that morning, Magnus tore off a piece and handed it to Meredith. “Eat...” he said taking a bite of his own, “You cannot serve on an empty stomach.”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Edward Hartcourt
edmund-skandar-keynes.jpg
The unfamiliar hoarse voice of a man startled him awake. His hand swiped his notebook to the floor accidentally, which cause his eyes to widen in a sudden panic. He calmed himself as he remembered that it wasn't the notebook. The notebook he had received from his mother to practice his writing. It had been his source of comfort after the disappearance of his parents. He took the notebook and turned his attention toward the stranger.

Lea had leaped in front of her siblings, ever so brave and confident. He remembered when he tried to be just like her. It seemed like a long time ago. A man had poked his head from behind the wooden door, the stranger. He averted his eyes toward Lex, who seemed to be...dazzled? Is that the right word? He went over toward his big brother and helped him to settle down on his chair. His eyes looked empty, but it was not a void of emotion.

Ed gently signalled at his younger siblings to retreat a bit further into the room, hoping none of them would cry when he did so. Willow threatened to throw a tantrum if she was moved even slightly from her comfortable spot, but he got her to cooperate with a smile and gentle persuasion from Aliyah. He huddled with them afterward, entertaining Eve with a game of pretend. However, his mind was more worried about the intruder. He didn't know who the stranger was, but Lea gave him her suspecting look. That meant she didn't trust her, and he shouldn't either.

After all, Lea knows the best.

madame moiselle madame moiselle Zaltusinel Zaltusinel arryn arryn Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Lex Harcourt
2e85622559929b007867f48be17725a6.jpg
Lex scratched his head as he looked around the room. It appeared Julian had concluded lessons; Lex nodded to Edward as he helped him up. Collecting himself, his thoughts, and the poor book he dropped. Lex breathed out slowly, "Shadow..." He shook his head quickly, letting his shirt expand back out from their scrunched state. His hair during the trance melded into a raven's nest, but just as soft as before. He looked back to Prue and the rest of his siblings. He noticed Azalea getting defiant with a passerby, though he would have waited, but he shrugged it off as he stood up. His first instinct was to note this newcomer. He seemed firstly rude, as if he liked being up and personal with everyone. Looking around, clearly himself was the target of his attention. Lex... sighed, at least nothing happened with his little meeting with shadow. Yet, Lex could feel it back there now. Unlike before. All emotion finally drained from him, he meandered through the classroom to the passerby. He stood beside Azalea, with his hands in his pockets. He left his notebook by the table, not even worrying about anyone reading it. His eyes gazed coldly into the stranger, why was he here? Judging by his clothing, he seemed to be here on employment of the crown. Hmm, that intrigued Lex. So at least he was suppose to be here. He must be lost? Or being a random patrol guard? Lex had many questions, but he promised himself he'd talk more. Maybe that would help his situation?

Lex ran his hands through his hair before depositing them back into his pockets before mustering his voice, "Hello stranger, you must be new here. My name is Lex. I infer you stopped by on your patrol in due process from my sudden transmission from the status of awake. However, everything is well. So please calm down, my sister is quite a pushy one."

He turned around and crouched beside his younger brother Edward, letting a arm sneak around the shoulder. He pulled Prue gently, noticing the torn fabric. "Much appreciated my brother and my sister." He whispered in her ear, "I'll make it up to you."

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Damafaud Damafaud madame moiselle madame moiselle arryn arryn

Attachments

• 2e85622559929b007867f48be17725a6.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
Alexander Morgenstern
scarred_by_miles_johnston-d3fvf6n.jpg
After sleeping in the traning grounds for what seemed to him more than he would sleep normally at night Alexander stood of from the bench he was resting on and went to put on his armor. He took the heavy cuirass made out of metal and chains and lift it up with great effort and put over his torso to cover his tunic covered in Soris's royal crest. Then he continued to put his metal boots on and finally he took his great war helm which the captain of the guard told him that it wont be necessary to have such combat heavy gear but you never know, not a lot of people enjoy the company of Soris,

That's he thought as he went to grab his long sword which he just held up for him to just admire the thing, It was covered in scars from all of the clashes he had with it.... to which after he started reminiscing about them, all of the soldier who died for their country and the wives they had at home, all the young lads who went to war to prove their fathers and mothers that they were a grown man.... all of the children who got conscripted as last a resort.Every damned notch of that sword a person who's dead and he killed them all.He could see their disfigured faces with empty eyes like he had only that he only had one... maybe he is half dead already.

After that little bit of reminiscing he came back to reality and placed the long sword at his side and started walking along the palace to see where all of the other guards, they should be awake by now right? "They're probably eating the scummy bat swindlers"he said with a smirk on his face, apparently the humanity of his fellow guards lifted his mood up.Good to know.

After he arrived in the kitchen he saw the place looking worse than a ransacked battlefield, plates were flying everywhere, knives were being thrown around like sticks for dogs the heat was sickening, so sickening in fact that Alexander had to remove his helmet so he doesnt die from suffocation. After he gathers his breath for a second he heads to the person who seems like giving orders around and him looking a person who isn't someone to fancy he lets his heavily Scottish sounding accent which he is careful to mask from his peers come out
"Oi laddie, have ya seen any of my fellow guards lounging about here we need to get ready for inspection." as he put his helmet under his arm waiting for a answer

@Misty Vega

Meredith Piper
c8f573387b674ef65c4cabea4a266009-jpg.314235

"Yes, I suspect he will show his face for breakfast," Meredith agreed, somewhat dejectedly. She quickly picked herself back up and that warm, caring smile returned to her face. When Magnus mentioned it was time she tended to her duties, she quickly nodded. The royal children were likely done with their lessons and Azalea maybe need attending to before breakfast. That was never a problem for Meredith as she liked being around the royal children, but that often meant Soris wouldn't be far behind too.

When Magnus offered her some bread, she accepted the food from him, taking a small bite to taste it. "Thank you, Magnus," she said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You're so sweet and thoughtful," she softly added, her smile growing brighter. "I hope the chef didn't see you take this. Logan can be so crabby!" she said, giggling as she spoke.

Teacup Cat Teacup Cat

Logan Swann
capture-png.314487

Logan overheard the female cook shouting something about a bowl and he realised the young prince, Rennie, had been in the kitchen causing trouble again. He was lucky he was royalty or else the chef would have given the child a real telling off by now. And then there was his assistant's, Jonah's absence.The kitchen was far too chaotic for his liking and he was on the verge of exploding at the kitchen staff. He wondered if things would run smoother if he just did everything himself and didn't allow anyone else into the kitchen.​

As he focused hard on chopping some carrots for the stew he would prepare for dinner, he sensed a figure out of the corner of his eye. "What is it now?!" he snapped, placing the knife down flat on the chopping board. He then looked to see it was one of the guards who had addressed them. Respecting the guards, to an extent, he felt a little awkward for snapping. The man was asking if he'd seen his fellow guards lazing around. "Apologies for snapping, I thought you were one of those kids coming to pinch some food, or that assistant of mine finally deciding to do some work." He stopped and took a deep breath. "Unfortunately, I have not seen any of your fellow guards. If they had strolled in here, I would have made them help prepare breakfast!"​

SilverSkyWolf SilverSkyWolf Grandmaster Baphomet Grandmaster Baphomet madame moiselle madame moiselle

Alexander Morgenstern
In response to the cook's response who probably like most people expected the Alexander to lash out or at least be slightly annoyed he would be quite surprised by how he reacted, he laughed but not any kind of laugh, no he laughed as he heard he funniest joke of his life. "Help you prepare breakfast ey?" He says as he looks around the kitchen and then to the clock where he notices that there is still 2 hours left till his meeting in the old yard.So what he does he looks around and sees a young boy who was struggling to butcher a pig. After which he strolls up to the boy gives a pat on the shoulder and hands him a gold coin and whispers in his ear "Go have fun kid is a sunny day outside" which the kid doesn't listen another second and steam rolls out of the kitchen leaving his apron and his butcher cleave on the table.

"I may not be able to help with breakfast being so late, but i got a bit of free time so how about I help make supper instead eh?" As he goes to the counter put his helmet on it and unstraps his armor and leans on the bottom of the table and ties the apron around him expertly like a mother of sorts and gets the cleaver and with big strong swipes cuts the pig into perfectly square slices perfect to use for most dishes of the sorts.

"So while i waste my time helping my community, me being a 25 year old who's too old go around look for a bride and too old to go around widow's house's to help them in their sorrow if you understand my meaning,while you strapping laddie who i bet girls open their legs like if your a royal prince is stuck in here ordering people around to make food." He says as he trows a big batch of cut beef into a basket and hands to a servant to put in a soup. "Must be a story"

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Magnus Featherston

582821581c4714449c380073d358fa11_zpsadidztzh.jpg

Magnus took another bite of the bread and chewed thoughtfully, he had often taken from the kitchen much to the annoyance of the head cook Logan. He smiled remembering the first time he had been caught, Logan had yelled at him for what seemed like hours and finishing with a good whack on the head with a wooden spoon. A sensible person would stop pilfering right then and there but Magnus was not a quitter. Every morning he would wake up before anyone else and steal a loaf for himself. It was a running game between him and Logan like cat and mouse.

“Thank you dear.” he said as he brushed the crumbs that managed to stick to his chest, “Logan can be quite... Overbearing... But he means well.”

Magnus slowly lead the way to where all the royal children were. It was such a beautiful day, the birds were chirping and the fragrance of the flowers wafted in the air.

“It is good to see that you are well... I know you've gone through a lot.” He gently placed his hand on Meredith's head; he didn't know if this was normal but he saw some people do this in the past, “You can count on me if you need me.”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Princess Rebecca 'Becca' L. Harcourt

Only those who care about you can hear you when you're quiet.
Princess Becca

7e2927e481dce180e7f2117cc4f84521.jpg

The moment Lex had fallen off his chair, Becca was worried.

Of course, though it was worrying, it wasn't surprising. Becca had seen this occur quite a few times before. She never really knew what Lex's sleep episodes were all about---Lea told her she was too young to understand. However, Becca knew there was something more to those sleep phases. She knew Lex was constantly fighting his own inner demons; in fact, they all were.

Moments later, everyone was huddled around Lex, who was wrapped in big sister Lea's arms. The younger siblings had expressions of wonder and worry, their minds still not able to fully comprehend what was going on. Becca was by Prue's side, her small hand lightly touching her older brother's arm, anxiety flickering in her eyes.

Suddenly, something caught her eye. More like someone.
Becca glanced up to see a man at the door, looking no older than Lea herself. His appearance wasn't the best; wild dusty-blonde hair, ragged clothes---he wasn't even wearing a proper shirt. But what interested Becca more was the hardened look in his eyes---as if he couldn't stand the sight of them. Even as he spoke, Becca could tell right away that she and her siblings weren't his favorite people. Yet there was something mixed in there as well---hurt. They've always said the eyes were the windows to the soul, revealing glimpses of a broken past. Becca knew this was exactly what she was seeing right now.
The man looked directly at her, his boldness and rudeness more than a little surprising. Becca didn't answer as usual, but she did glance at Lea as if to help clarify.

Lea noticed the man just a minute later, and automatically she stood up in front of her siblings, acting as their protector. The distrust in her eyes was evident, even more so as she spoke.

Just then, Edward, Becca's older brother by a year, had her and the rest of their younger siblings be taken farther into the room, to be entertained. Ed was always somewhat of a jokester, and Becca glanced at him as he entertained Eve, smiling slightly. Even with the more-or-less cheery atmosphere Ed was trying to create, Becca could tell he was also wary of the newcomer. She was too---his brash attitude rivaled the one of a Crelakorian, who were known for their brazen attitudes.

Becca's attention turned to Lex, who was introducing himself and telling him to calm down, mentioning Lea's 'pushy' attitude. Becca frowned. Lea was only trying to protect them. Lex still has a point, the young princess thought as she glanced at Lea. Sometimes Lea can get too overprotective. Maybe a bit too bossy...Becca glanced at the strange man again. But surely this man is no harm to us.

The man was looking straight at Lex as he spoke, appearing a bit confused at Lex's choice of words. "You could've just said you woke up," he answered in a matter-of-fact tone. "There was no need for all that other sh---" The man paused, his eyes wide as he noticed the smaller children in the room, all who were giving him curious looks. Becca was giving him a withering glare. The man cleared his throat. "Nevermind," he quickly corrected himself. "As for being pushy," he continued, looking straight at Lea, a ghost of a smirk appearing on his face. "Isn't that what all prissy princesses are supposed to be like?"

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow arryn arryn Misty Gray Misty Gray Damafaud Damafaud

(I've decided to change Jonah's character a bit. He is now a sarcastic, critical and cocky asshole with some hidden and good qualities, (gentleness, generosity, thoughtfulness (only when you get to know him better)) despite the first impression he gives off.)

Last edited:
tumblr_nmj834AUOz1rtrtg5o1_500.jpg
Azalea shot her brother a glare as he called her pushy. Well excuse her for being suspicious of spies and such. Azalea's eyes narrowed in a threatening matter as the strange man threatened to swear, she glanced behind her to see the wide faces of all the other children, including Becca, who was giving the man a death stare. Azalea would have felt sorry for the man until his next words came out directed at her. Her yellow-green eyes had an angry spark of yellow in them but remembering she had to set ah example, she pushed down her smoldering temper.

Just who the bloody hell did this guy think he was? Not only was he being an ass to Lex, but now he was insulting her, and her sisters. In all fairness she had every right to be suspicious of anyone. But it was evident to her this guy was a complete ass.

"Oh? I wasn't aware you'd met any princesses. But I suppose all are entitled to their own opinions. Even someone as unintelligent as you." Azalea fired back, a sweet smile on her face. She wouldn't let him push over the edge, or let him see her get angry over an insult.

Game on.
madame moiselle madame moiselle Zaltusinel Zaltusinel arryn arryn Damafaud Damafaud

79089cad98929118b5bb9b8c4bf80767.jpg
Interactions: N/A (free to interact with!)
Mentioned: Grandmaster Baphomet Grandmaster Baphomet
Actions: She is in the far back of the castle garden, hand drying the sheets
Position: Servant

Alena had woken up bright and early this morning, before all the other servants in order to prepare everything for the Royals before they woke. Alena had already soaked the laundry in water and soap so the next thing is left is to hang them which she would do later. Alena was always grateful for their hospitality that the old servant gave her. Alena before she had put on her uniform or rags as the upper class calls them, she kept on staring at her back where she had the marking. She stood in front of the mirror, she hated it, she felt as if she was someone's property. This is exactly how the cows feel when you are labeling them with a hot iron, she thought to herself. Alena was a vegetarian and hated harming animals. Which explains the reasons why her father would beat her when he disagreed with her values and morals. Alena felt dirty, she felt that because she has this marking on her skin, she will remain soiled and nobody will ever marry her because of this terrible past experience. Nobody has ever seen this marking on her back, except for the ones who had done it but not even the servants have seen this. Which is why she doesn't get on anyone's bad side so that they don't beat her and see her marking. Alena's past was dark and she doesn't want this reminder of what she had gone through. Alena goes off into the depths of the forest where there is a river and she baths in it when everyone in the castle has gone asleep. She bathes separately from any of the servants since she is too embarrassed to show her body.

Later on, Alena put her hair in a quick french braid since it's so long. Alena hasn't cut it for a while nor will she. Alena made her way down to the kitchen where she began to help prep the food and then she made her way out towards the back where there was a beautiful garden that she was responsible for. That kitchen was crazy and when she saw that guard come into the kitchen, she headed out of there as soon as possible. For some reason, Alena doesn't want to associate herself with the guards nor any of the other servants since half of them gossip and she hated that. Alena was better off by herself. During her free time, Alena would go out to the fields and read. She found it fascinating to learn new things about everything that there is in the world. In the morning since the
book store would be open very early, she would hurry and grab a new book every time she went into town to get supplies. Amara hadn't gotten breakfast yet, but she would take care of her hunger later since tending to the chores is more important.

Alena made haste and finished up with the garden, and now she went to the drying post that was past the garden and she was carrying three baskets on top of each other. She was sure she would fall and have to rewash everything. Alena began hanging the clothes with the pin on the post. Alena started humming a peaceful melody that her mother would hum to her when she would be uneasy.

d2135d76da4c081b0d7490fe35f0ccbd.jpg

Lex Harcourt
Lex raised up from his crouch, grabbing his notebook softly. His eyes gazed around the classroom, letting the minuscule speck of dust attract his attention. Sleeves of his shirt danced as his arms projected out to the rays of light, they were quite noticeable to Lex now. Curling in and out his fingers were. Captivated by the brief lack of sound in the conversations around him, a chair supported him as he sat down again. His hair continued to wrestle around the summit of his head, the black glistened in the sunlight. His notebook opened quickly as he wrote down notes, mostly his sudden burst of thoughts. The strokes were graceful and slow. He grabbed congruent books, letting a piece of paper glide across them. Laying a piece of cloth in his pocket on top. He outlined the shadow of the cloth, removing the drawing from underneath the contraption. Standing suddenly, softly walking to the book shelves and gathering a book of optics, and as he opened the book, he softly noted mostly convex and concave lenses in his notebook. But mirrors intrigued him. He remembered he had a mirror in his room. Maybe it could be something? Lex jotted a little blueprint in the notebook, before stepping forth, pressing the book into its shelf and retrieving another of another subject matter. He had some experience, mostly to study which music would help him meditate the best if at all. Yes, it was sound. While he had no extreme interest, his mind reached for it and he obliged. Scrolling the book for silence, he found nothing. He scrolled faster, desperately looking. He shut the book suddenly, letting a thud echo the room. Silence invaded the room as Lex peered throughout the room. Why didn't silence receive the recognition it deserved? A thought rare in his place, why would such a well off person think of such things?

Lex shrugged, his eyes followed the whims of the silence inside of him. Silence? That was odd, Lex rubbed his chin precariously. What was he? He'd known silence, it followed him around ever since the beginning. So quiet he was. He stood up, gliding his feet to Azalea, letting a finger softly land on her lips. Lex muttered no words, no. He knew they would not understand what he discerned quite yet. Patient he willed to be, and as he willed it, Lex felt his thoughts stir again. His finger fell quickly as he passed Jonah by. He looked back, letting his eyes pierce all others. Turning as he walked below to breakfast, as if Soris wasn't even alive. On the way down, Lex wondered. If silence is nothing, is he nothing? His hair swiped across his forehead, maybe not. Then it must be something. His discernment became clear, that sound or noise really conveyed nothing in a cancerous state. Maybe this is why he spoke so little? He nodded as he walked. But why did he keep himself away from the people he loved best, whom had the slightest clue who he was? Lex reached into his notebook, gazing at his notes. Pages and pages of little things. He remembered something his dear little sister said. He gazed at the quote he found extremely worthy.

Princess Becca said:
Only those who care about you can hear you when you're quiet.
In that trance, he heard music in his urge to push on, the column played for him. Yet he felt more inspired to continue by nothing, to have nothing more than memories and simple presences to walk into the lamentations of Hell itself. There were many questions, but Lex continued. He stopped short of the dining room, leaning against the wall with his book and notebook writing notes and thinking. As the others approached, he gazed upon them. Lex was his normal self, this time it seemed more concentrated.

madame moiselle madame moiselle arryn arryn Damafaud Damafaud Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow @anyoneelse

Jonah E. Rivers

The tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage can it do.
James 3:5 (Bible)

558ead7a2f05ef114e18f4d049b4bf66.jpg

Jonah was very much aware that he was being an asshole.

Not only an asshole, but one to the royal siblings. It's foolish and stupid, yet Jonah was doing it. In fact, he had been doing a lot of foolish and stupid things in the past three years or so.
So...this was nothing new.

The way one of the siblings, Lex, as he called himself, talked, startled Jonah. He had never heard such fine, articulate speech with such extensive vocabulary. In the end, Jonah was at least glad he could grasp the meaning of what the Prince had said, but couldn't help but sound cocky as he stated his thoughts aloud. As for the swearing, well, Jonah knew he was lucky in that category as well. It was a rather nice save, right at the last minute there.

Unfortunately, others didn't share his enthusiasm.

Namely, Princess Pushy. And there was the other, younger sister, who was the first to notice him earlier. Jonah hadn't missed her withering glare. Jonah winced on the inside. He hadn't meant to give off such a terrible first impression. With the nightmare last night and a terrible night's sleep following, Jonah wasn't a pleasant one this morning. Especially when Jonah he was dastardly late for his kitchen duties. This would definitely earn him some brash scolding from Cook. Though the man was a mere five or six years older than Jonah, he had the temper of a cranky old man.

The oldest Princess was giving him a death stare, her yellow-green eyes flickering with anger. Jonah could tell she was restraining her temper, most likely for the sake of her siblings, who were all watching in wonder. Jonah let her insult slide. It stung to be called unintelligent, even though academically, it was true. The last time Jonah had seen a classroom was fifteen years ago. He hasn't touched a book since. However, Jonah was a genius when it came to pickpocketing, a skill he had masterfully acquired in his days as a street rat. There were other skills, such as picking locks, climbing rooftops with ease, even knowing how to handle a sword, when the case went from risky to deadly. However, with the horrific death of his mother and the cold-blooded murder performed by himself, it had been months, even years since he had used them. Jonah was bent on surviving Soris. And none of those petty tricks could ward the cold-hearted King off.

Jonah smirked, though his insides cringed. He could tell this girl wanted to play. Fiery-headed, feisty, maybe a bit over-bearing and certainly good-looking---all the right ingredients for a stand-off. A part of him even wanted to see how far he could tug on that temper of hers, before it finally broke...

Which was odd.

Jonah faltered for a second. He felt a recklessness stir, something he had kept dormant for years now. It was that recklessness that nearly killed him. That made him kill that colonel. That's why he had suppressed it, that's why he had changed so drastically. Yet this girl was making something totally different happen. Why?
Jonah knew he couldn't fire back at her. It would only keep escalating. But another part of him rooted for it. Just one more, it urged on. You can't just walk on out of here, beaten by a woman!
Jonah felt a little freer, just slightly, as he began to convince himself that this was a good idea.

Jonah gave her small, charming smile, even though he looked tired, beat down. "Why, thank you, Your Highness," he answered back, giving a mock bow as well as mocking her title. He glanced up at her. "I'd say that's pretty much entitlement right there, don't you think Princess?"

Jonah straightened, a grin on his face. He felt a little happier. He felt a slight stir within him, as if that reckless, charming boy all those years ago was finally shifting. However, Jonah paused, seeing Lex quietly hush his older sister from saying another word before passing him by silently, giving his other siblings a backward look before exiting, without another word. Jonah watched him go for a second. Lex had a tranquility about him that Jonah desired, because his world was just so chaotic. Jonah yearned for a peace like that, for a silence so still, that it would blow all his worries away. all that shame, all that fear away. Jonah knew it would be almost impossible to achieve it though. To think, all it needs is a single miscalculated act to start a war, yet it takes hundreds upon thousands more sacrifices just achieve the opposite.

Jonah glanced back at the Princess, not knowing what else to do but await her response.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow arryn arryn Misty Gray Misty Gray Damafaud Damafaud

Last edited:
Meredith Piper

Meredith took another bite of the bread as Magnus spoke about Logan. "Oh, of course he does. Logan loves his kitchen. Anything that is a distraction should be held onto for dear life."

She walked with the guard to where the royal children were, finishing the rest of the bread as she did. When Magnus said she had been through a lot, she quickly nodded her head and turned to look at him. "We all have, Magnus," she softly told him, knowing he'd lost loved ones too. She stopped as he placed his hand on her head. At first she wasn't sure what to say or do, but then she let out a playful laugh. "Oh, aren't you just sweet?" she asked, hearing him say he was there for her. She wasn't sure if she should reach up to return the gesture. Instead, she opted to wrap her arms around him for a quick, grateful hug, which was made a little awkward as she forgot about his armour.

Teacup Cat Teacup Cat

Logan Swann
capture-png.314487

Logan was surprised when the guard responded by laughing, but he masked it by grinning to himself. What a character this one was! He then watched as the man proceeded to relieve the young boy of his duties and begin chopping the pig up himself. He would have protested, but by this point he would take any help he could get. "Of course... you um... you help with supper," he said, quickly nodding his head. He then began breaking some eggshells and pouring the contents into the large frying pan.

The guard's conversation took an unexpected detour and Logan was for a short time shocked by the man's openness. He then laughed a little before clearing his throat. "I've been told I look young, but I am also 25," he informed Alexander. "You're never too old to find yourself a good woman - or a bad one - whichever takes your fancy." He thought for a moment about the suggestion he was popular with women. He'd spent his whole life in the palace, and whilst he'd connected with a few maids and servants, those relationships never went beyond kissing. Now, he simply didn't have the time to form lasting relationships with others. Especially when his demeanour in the kitchen created an impression he was always bossy and impatient. "I think what you just said was a compliment, but I'm afraid I must inform you that I am not popular with the girls."​

Grandmaster Baphomet Grandmaster Baphomet

Magnus Featherston

Magnus' armor clinked with the sudden contact. He had not been hugged ever since he was half the height he was now. “Whoa there...” he said softly; some of the other guards looked at the two and snickered. Quiet little Magnus was having physical contact with another human! And a lovely young lady at that! Oh they were going to gossip like women in the courts back at the barracks. But Magnus didn't mind and placed an arm around Meredith's shoulder, careful not to hurt her with the sharp gaps within his armor.

Without realizing it, the pair had arrived to where the royal children were having their morning lesson. Magnus thought it was torturous to ask such young children to study at the first daylight.

“I think it's time we started our day as well dear...” he placed a firm hand on her head once more, “I know the king may terrify you but I need you to be brave”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sellinous Barnou

Selly turned his head, old eyes landing upon the guard. Xander, as many called him, stood there, patiently awaiting orders. A slight smile crossed the captain's face as he shook his head. "You know already Xander, we are at ease until breakfast. The only two not at ease are the two on personal guard duty with Soris today, or the guards on gate duty, and you aren't one of them. You're free to wander for a few until breakfast. Just.. patrol at random, or do what the rest of the lot do and sit in the barracks playing cards," he answered with a shrug. The younger guardsman was an eager one, but he was brash, and his sobbing in the night kept quite a few of them awake. By now, they had just learned to ignore it, luckily. Selly didn't want to have to talk to the man about whatever night terrors he was having, after all.

Hearing the voice of his superior, the Captain turned, raising a salute. "Yessir," he replied, having too much experience in the military to question the man's motives. He had seen all this before, as had the men under him. After all, Soris' commander was younger than Selly. Nonetheless, he had respect for him. In many ways, the two were alike. At least Halzarth was similar to a younger Sellinous, both loyal soldiers, ready to obey any command. Halzarth was a skilled commander too, although without the experience with firearms. Selly himself had been the same way, attempting to rapidly modernize the royalist army. Although he certainly hoped that Halzarth failed, just as Selly himself had. Just like Selly had, Halzarth served a tyrant.

As Xander spoke up in his defense, Selly turned to him, eyes narrowing. "You may speak," he confirmed, folding his arms behind his back as he waited for the young soldier to speak. As the man began to speak, the captain let out a low sigh. "I appreciate the concern soldier, but I don't need to scout out a castle I've lived in for longer than you've been a man." The captain's voice was stern. "I'll personally bring the men to the courtyard by order of our superior. You are not to say anything to the men to prepare them." The captain nodded, thinking for a moment. "You are dismissed, soldier."
Halzarth gave him a salute. "Good work, Captain. As you were." He walked off with a respectful nod.
Smiling, he walked the halls. It was good to be able to have some time alone. Deciding to capitalize on it, he turned off down a hall and into one of the many gardens. He stood there for a moment, thinking. Then, with a quick look around, he noticed someone over at a drying post in the corner. "Greetings.' he called over to her
sprouhtt sprouhtt

Meredith Piper

Meredith smiled as Magnus returned the hug. She hadn't realised how much she'd needed that. Despite the nice people she was often surrounded by and the brave face she put on for them, the last year had been the loneliest of her life. When she took a step back, she looked to see the royal children nearby and realised Magnus was right; it was time to attend to her duties again. "Thank you for your kind words, they have helped lift my spirits for the day," she told him. "You look after yourself, and I will be brave, Magnus." She felt the royal children had suffered far more than she had, so being around them always made her find the courage to be stronger, for them.

Meredith stopped a short distance from Azalrea and the other siblings, seeing they were in some kind of altercation with Jonah. She didn't wish to be rude and interrupt them, so she would wait until Azalea or the other siblings needed her. She was Azalea's handmaiden, but she never minded serving any of the royal siblings. She hoped the current conversation was more peaceful than it seemed; she'd hate to have to step in, or worse, for Soris to hear them.

Teacup Cat Teacup Cat Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow madame moiselle madame moiselle Zaltusinel Zaltusinel arryn arryn Damafaud Damafaud ...anyone

Interactions: Lordvader59 Lordvader59
Mentioned: N/A

Alena's sweet humming melody soon came to an end. Since she was getting to carried away with the song. It began to bring back memories of her mother who would always sing that song to her. There hasn't been a day where Alena wouldn't think about her mother, her mother was her everything. When her father used to beat her mother, Alena would usually block her mother from the hits and she would take it herself. It would anger her father more and more, who was always drunk, and hated to see her mother in pain so she took the liberty of always being her mothers shield even when her mother hates it when she does that. Alena would give up everything to see her mother, but she can't. During the night of her mother and sisters escape from the savages, Alena had told her mother to go to the third neighboring village that was past the mountains. Ever since that night, she hasn't heard from them since. But every night before she sleeps, she writes to her mother about her day and what she is doing and every month she'll send a little bit of money in hopes that they will get it. Alena wakes up every morning to go to the market since she is well liked by a merchant and his wife, and she will have them mail it off for her. She does this because she doesn't want the others of the castle to find out that she has been writing and sending the little money she has over to her mother.

One day during her visit, Alena had gotten a letter back and when she opened it a flower had fallen out and she read the letter. Tears of joy had run down her cheeks when she finds out that her mother was well and her sister. Her mother and sister are very well off since her mother remarried a nice man who was a noble man. Alena was happy, and very appreciative that her mother and younger sister had escaped that night. Alena did that for them to show her love, she sacrificed everything that she had in order for her mother and sister to live.

Alena was drowned in her thoughts before she heard footsteps approaching her. Alena gasped when she heard a males voice and she had dropped the sheet on the floor, but quickly picked it up. Alena hung up the sheet with small laundry pins, "Hello. Do you need assistance with anything?" She asked him with a soft voice.

Princess Rebecca 'Becca' Harcourt

We must teach our daughters to worry less about fitting into the glass slipper and more about shattering glass ceilings.
The Queen

7e2927e481dce180e7f2117cc4f84521.jpg

Becca knew she didn't really take a liking to this man.

Becca suspected him to be a Crelakorian, most likely working under Soris. It was only a hunch, but with that cocksure, brazen personality and evident and immediate distaste for the royal siblings, Becca wouldn't be surprised if her theory was right. Crelakorians were known to be rude and prideful, a definite side effect of being in the richest and flourishing kingdom out of all five. Of course, one should never be dependent on stereotypes; after all, they are not always accurate. There was always more to a person than what the eye can see. But for now, to Becca, all this man portrayed to be, was a rude, arrogant brute.

Becca felt a disgust stir in response to her major dislike for Crelakorians. Becca would even go as far as to say she hated them. After the event with her mother and father, Becca had despised anything related to Soris and his dastardous kingdom, Crelakor. That included the people. Don't think that Becca had missed the stories. The stories of Soris ransacking villages, burning down whole cities, stealing everything, leaving the inhabitants with nothing. Soris was not the only culprit. He lead his army through it all, while his people even rooted him for it. Becca narrowed her eyes, hidden anger beginning to boil as she kept staring at the man. However, she had to be sure. She couldn't make assumptions just yet.

Becca frowned as she heard the man mock Lea by bowing and so on, before getting interrupted by Kale, who was tugging at her dress, demanding to be picked up. Becca sighed and grabbed Kale, placing him in her arms, thankful he was light for his age. As Kale habitually nibbled on Becca's sleeve while drooling, Becca watched as Lex silenced Lea before she could fire another comeback. Becca felt another tug, and realized it was Jessamine, her big blue eyes staring back at her, finger in her mouth. "I'm hungry," she whispered, her timid tone soft. Becca glanced back at the scene, seeing Lex just pass by the man and heading out the door, presumably for breakfast. Becca immediately noticed Meredith, Lea's handmaid, waiting patiently for the siblings and looking confused as to who the assumed Crelakorian man and why he was here. Becca silently nodded to Jessamine and headed towards the door, ushering Jessamine along, Kale in her arms. She felt the man glance at her and her siblings as they passed by him, but chose to ignore it.
Becca nodded towards Meredith as she slipped Kale into the maiden's arms. "Help us get ready for breakfast," she said softly, holding Jessa's hand. Because the King was such a civil and elegant man, he had insisted a long time ago that everyone must be dressed in their best for every meal.
If they refused, well----they knew the consequences.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Misty Gray Misty Gray Zaltusinel Zaltusinel arryn arryn Damafaud Damafaud

Last edited:
Magnus Featherston

Magnus smiled as he let Meredith get to work with the children. He walked to his post near the dining hall where in a few minutes, the Witch King and the children would eat their breakfast together. He dreaded this moment every time guarding the dining room was his duty. Only a few meters would separate between himself and Soris. 5 seconds was all he needed to penetrate his dark and corrupted heart... If the king was mortal... Foul magic made Magnus hold in his thirsty longing for blood of the king to be spilt onto the floor.

Standing beside the doors leading to the dining hall, Magnus took position. His feet were stuck firmly together as if he was a statue along with his right hand resting on the pommel of his blade just in case of any emergency. There he stood, unwavering with his eyes fully open, gathering every minuscule detail.

Waiting for the children to come seemed as if time had stopped. Every morning he prayed to God that they were all okay. If not, one of the other guards would probably help them. After all, they were in their morning lessons. What could go wrong?

Misty Gray Misty Gray arryn arryn madame moiselle madame moiselle Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Damafaud Damafaud

Alexander Morgenstern
As he was cutting some meat apart for royal family supper while he was listening with content like when a old housewife would listen to her daughters, he was like that. Always trying to understand how is it to be like in someone else's shoes even though he only knew this person for about 30 minutes he knew that this guy was a good guy, someone worth to share some ale with.

"Eh, you're 25? Well bite my ass and call me a dimwit if youre around then there is literally no chance for me to get anything with this big ol'mark" He says as he looks down towards his big scar on his face."Well would ye look at the time, time flies when yer having fun eh?" He says as he points at the clock and he sees as one hour passed "Ill do butcher one more and then ill go see if i can find any of the guard" He says as he looks the last sow he has to do and he then realizes that every sow until now were just the breeding sows, don't get it wrong they were at least 2 foot fat along and 4 foot in length, bot oh boy, this looked the god damn matriarch.But then a spark of inspiration hits him he goes outside to the logging servant who was cutting wood to stock the fire and took a big hatchet of a him and he went to the sow and to the surprise of the people around him started cutting the humongous beast into pieces, swashing left and right until after he finally cut the sow into good enough pieces for them to be cooked he was covered in blood from head to toe he looked like he massacred someone or more accurately stated something.

So he went to get a handkerchief and soaked in water and started soaking it in and started washing his face off and went to the cook and put his hand on his shoulder and said "Look laddie all of us go through troubled times alright? Learn to take time off, if you keep working yourself to death then you may get what you wished for. What im trying to say don't dig yer own whole" He says as he puts his helmet on" Remember if ye need a butcher fast you know who to call, just go to the barracks and ask for Xander."

He says as he takes off and starts walking along the castle till he finds the dining hall and a guard already on duty there by himself so he goes up to the lad and pats him on the back clearly alarming him from deep thinking "Oi sorry lad didn't mean to startle ye, im here to help stand guard till we have to go to report to the captain in the training grounds. Also my name is Alexander but if you find that too much to roll of the ol'tongue feel free to call me Xander, and you?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray Teacup Cat Teacup Cat

Interactions: Lordvader59 Lordvader59
Mentioned: N/A

"Nice to meet you Mr. Hadrada," Alena told him as she kept her back facing him. Alena didn't like talking to other people that much, not because she didn't want to, but because she didn't really have great social skills as she thought. Alena knew it was rude to keep her back facing him so she finished with the last sheet before turning to face him. "Alena is my name," she tells him as she watches him. Alena took in every single detail on him. Alena had been working in the castle for a year now and she has adjusted fairly quickly since she is a hard worker and usually works until she drops, literally.

Alena looked at him from his foot to the top of his head. The way he dressed, the color of his eyes, and the way his hair flowed. Alena picked up the empty basket from the floor and she stood her ground when he approached her for a moment. "Clearly there is something that you need since you are still here," she bluntly said as she tilted her head to the side just a bit to wait for his response. Alena has never seen him around before and frankly, she didn't know whether he was royalty or not royalty or if he was a guard or just a servant like herself.

tumblr_nmj834AUOz1rtrtg5o1_500.jpg
Ooh Azalea was fully aware she was acting self-riotous.

But ooh would she love to kick this guys ass, she'd put it on a stage if she had to. But she felt a little bit of her buried mischief rising. After her parents died, the responsibility was thrown unto her, and she had to care for her siblings no matter the cost. But a little bit of the fun died in Azalea too. Actually, a lot did. But they didn't need to know that, did they? But why, of all the pompous asses she'd ever met, was this guy stirring up old habits? She opened her mouth to say something clever until Lex pressed a finger to her lips before passing her. She stared after him, brows furrowed and her bright eyes of curiosity. Just what went on in that mind of his?

Oh he was dead wrong if he thought he was gonna win this.

"I'd say you have a very small mind for someone as old as you," Azalea said in a sickly sweet tone as she spotted Merideth come into the hall. Relieved to see a helping hand, Azalea prodded Aliyah and Eve out the door, following closely behind Becca, Jessamine and Kale, who approached Meredith. She picked up Willow off the floor and gave a gentle prod to Edward with a smile, grateful for him comforting the younger ones after another one of Lex's episodes, she gestured from Prudence to hurry.

Azalea turned back to the stranger, wondering if he got his snarky attitude from Crelakor. "Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go attend breakfast with a diagnosed psychopath," Azalea said, before giving her own mock curtsy to the man, her thin strain of balance infuriatingly perfect. When she peered up at him as she straightened she couldn't help but mentally curse. Why did he have to be so attractive? She didn't even know his name.

Not that she wanted to...Naturally.

Triumphant that she'd gotten the last word, or at least thought she had, she turned and walked over to Meredith. She smiled, adjusting Willow in her arms, who blinked around curiously, unaware of her surroundings whatsoever.

"Meredith, thank God. Can you help me with getting the wee chits ready? We're running late," Azalea paused, choosing her words carefully, and her tone had a touch of anger, and somberness to it, just the thought of eating next to Soris made her fingers dig into her palms angrily, and sent her stomach churning. "And we can't be late."
madame moiselle madame moiselle arryn arryn Misty Gray Misty Gray Damafaud Damafaud

Edward Hartcourt
edmund-skandar-keynes.jpg

He quietly followed Lea and the rest of his siblings out of the door. He stopped shortly before the man who had mocked Lea earlier. He was torn between kicking the man on his groin and giving him the same bow he had given before. A part of him was amused instead, knowing that he would joined him in teasing Lea without hesitation under normal circumstances. Normal had left them long ago, kicked by the entrance of a new lord in the castle.

So instead, he stared the stranger straight in his eyes, which is a hard thing to do considering his height, and said in a flat undertone, "You should probably try that later, when everything is less tense," he proceeded to follow his siblings toward their adjascent rooms, preparing for their... breakfast. He fought an urge to swear, a habit he had been trying to surpresed for years now. He should be an example for the others, just like his elders.

As much as he wanted to run away from the castle, he shouldn't. He wanted to scream, to swear, and to throw a tantrum to avoid the breakfast. But he shouldn't do that. As strict as the king was, Soris was ten times stricter. There would be no toleration. His word was not law, but a gospel. For now, at least, he would play the role model. Even if he couldn't be like Lex, he could still helped his siblings to behave. Not perfect, but it should suffice.

madame moiselle madame moiselle arryn arryn Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Magnus Featherston

Magnus was startled at the sudden interaction between him and the younger guard. After his conversation with Meredith, he thought he would be better at conversations with other people. Alas, his mouth would not correctly convey the words he wanted to express in his head. He turned his head ever so slightly to look at the new person standing beside him.

“...Magnus...” he said in almost a whisper, “Nice to... Meet you Xander...” He wasn't sure if Xander had heard him but it was the best he could do.

Magnus thought he was the only person guarding the dining hall. Usually he was posted by himself due to the lack of interaction he had with most of the other guards. Many thought Mangus was the absolute worst to be on duty with and they all tried to get other positions. But Magnus didn't mind at all; rather, he enjoyed the quiet atmosphere when he was alone.

Magnus returned to his orignial position not wanting to get into any trouble. Especially because soon, the children and Soris would be able to see them soon.

Meredith Piper

Meredith smiled to sweet Becca as the girl handed Kale to her. "Of course I will help," she told her. The handmaiden held Kale close and said some soothing words to the small child in her softest voice. When Azalea addressed her, Meredith could hear the anger in the princess' voice. She maintained the softness in her voice as she responded. "I'm always here, Your Highness," she reassured her. "If we're late, you can tell Soris it was because of me," she added. She wasn't sure why she'd said such a thing, other than as a way to help calm the worried royal children.

Meredith then began making sure Kale and the other small children were dressed smartly and cleanly. They all had to be presentable little angels for the dark and evil king. She would also offer to do Azalea's hair for her if she needed her to. The eldest always had her hands full.
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Logan Swann
capture-png.314487

"That scar?" Logan asked Xander. "There are women who would think of that as a sign of bravery and strength. Perhaps you should try capitalising on that," he suggested, his voice completely serious. He then continued to prepare the food, glancing to the guard as he returned, after rushing outside, now covered in blood. As the man cleaned himself, the chef could only chuckle to himself. What a strange start to the day this had been. "Thank you for the help, and your advice. I will be sure to give myself more time off," he agreed. Sure, when the royal family stopped needing to eat or when he was given more help in the kitchen. Maybe then he could rest more. "Until next time, Xander!"

Logan returned his full attention to serving the breakfast food onto the plates. It seemed all of the panic and rushing had paid off and everything was ready just in time. For his assistants, they were used to this by now. It was always ready on time and they thought the chef should calm down. Logan would argue it was only ready on time because he'd been rushing and shouting orders at them. He knew he was right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back