• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
3677d192756510a1165dee774dd62c87.jpgYakta Morriche
Interaction/Mention:
grudge grudge Archdemon Archdemon Silent Child Silent Child Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Arai Arai Aeris Aeris Noct Noct Astrylan Astrylan GrayLion256 GrayLion256

"I aim to please." Yakta gestured to herself at the Glasses Boy's compliment only to tilt her head as he suggested a wager.

It was a rather straightforward one, he cleaned his glasses and simply asked that both she and Tokage attempt to figure out which of the three names she suggested belonged to him. The reward was apparently 'something real interesting' if he was to be believed. Yakta wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean, but figured there wasn't exactly a penalty for getting it wrong. So she put on her thinking cap and began letting her tail wag as she thought.

Currently her primary lead was his confidence, that was all she had to go on and it honestly wasn't much. But there was a chance that he was so assured of their success due to their scores on the exam, and if that was the case then there was a chance he had scored relatively high as well. Yakta figured if she followed that through-line, she could at least identify him as one of the top ten, so either Toshiro or Kasuka. Then she wondered why exactly she was rushing, Tokage was playing as well, and it would only take one of them guessing correctly to succeed.

If his guess was one of the two she was currently focused on, then she'd just pick the other and hope her supposition was correct. But just as she was in the midst of finalizing her plan, in walked the blue-haired boy with the yellow highlights to immediately make her job thirty-three percent easier.

He entered with an introduction, stating for all that he was Hokkai Kasuka. He was the one who tied with Hiromi for Tenth place, though he claimed that he didn't know exactly who it was he'd tied with. After this, he quickly made his way towards a seat in the back, eager to distract himself with reading and music. And just like that Yakta had one primary option removed from the list.

She raised an eye at Glasses Boy, somewhat convinced that he was Toshiro by that point. Although there was always a chance that he could be that Otahame fellow, and his Confidence was just to deflect suspicion. She had considered that initially, but now they had a much easier chance to confirm it. From what she'd seen from Tokage, he was very excitable. If he too picked from the remaining two options, then they could easily-

Taric entered before she could even finish the thought, immediately identifying Glasses as Toshiro despite the mumbling manner in which he did so.

Yakta had to hold a hand up to her mouth, holding back a giggle as Taric made for a nearby seat and summoned a bag from a portal that had a rat lying on it. But Yakta was far too busy staring Glasses boy down, trying not to display her humor too much.

She was failing, and failing quite visibly.

But when Taric turned back to her and asked what they were talking about, Yakta merely shook her head as more students entered "Not much, Comrade Taric. Just winning wager." she shrugged before turning back to Glasses Boy "Unless, of course, all these interruption is part of big misleading? Would be very impressive, yes."

She leaned back at that to give a small glance towards the door, seeing Hiromi enter whilst speaking with a pair of girls with distractingly similar appearances. Togoshi had reappeared with Miyaki, 11th place in the exam, before the pair made their way to the back. In the small timeframe that it had taken for Yakta to take stock of the students entering, one of Hiromi's new acquaintances had made her way towards Glasses and practically outted him as Toshiro.

Yakta once more had to struggle not to voice her amusement of the scenario, but simply stretched her tail back to pick her bag off of a nearby desk. As Hiromi took a seat in front of her whilst inviting her other new pal to join them, Yakta merely opened her bag and pulled a pen and notepad out.

"Glad to see you make many acquaintance, friend." she said to Hiromi before putting pen to paper and writing in it as she turned her attention to Toshiro's friend, "You both arrive at good time, Comrade Tosh is prepare to show us the interesting of things, yes?"

Tokage.jpg
Tokage Ryu
Activity: The 'Game'
Interaction: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter grudge grudge

Tokage's hand simply met air as Glasses' attention was drawn over to Tails as she tried to guess his name. This all amounted to Glasses declaring a game of guessing his name from the three candidates and extended this to Tokage. As a reward for figuring out his name, he would show them something interesting. Tokage simply closed his eye, crossed his legs together, and wrapped his tail around his waist. Something about this display didn't sit right with him. Maybe he was reading too much into it, but this felt like an attempt to read how smart they were. 'Maybe more specifically me? After all I wasn't in their entrance exam so I have no ranks to pull up. I won't be underestimated nor will I underestimate him.'

Others came into the class, but Tokage tuned them out. He was to focused on the game then to pay them mind, they were like muffled words to him at this point. He knew what Glasses looked like, and he knew he was confident. What was his confidence born from? Perhaps his quirk? Maybe but in this scenario it wouldn't make too much sense. Perhaps he was confident because of his intelligence? That seemed likely, and it makes sense because of this guessing game. Taking that into account what about the names? Otahame, Kasuka, and Toshiro.

What about their meaning? Otahame.... there doesn't seem to be a direct meaning to it, at least as far as official names go, the closest is otohime Which is luminous Jewel though that certainly doesn't fit Glasses. What about Kasuka? Dim or faint? No that doesn't describe him at all... What about Toshiro? Talented/Intelligent... Toshiro is a name that certainly fits the confidence... But is it enough? When it comes to names there is always the risk of guessing it wrong, but Toshiro is the safer bet and fits him well.

Tokage opened his Yellowish Green eye, and looked at Glasses.

"Your name is Toshiro which I think is fitting. I'm still gonna call you Glasses because I think that's cool."

Tokage simply sat with a smile on his face, his tail uncurled and started to move back and forth.

Interactions: Archdemon Archdemon GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Noct Noct
Mentions: Silent Child Silent Child Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Everyone else who had just entered class)

Toshiro continued to rock back and forth in his chair, it creaking every time it reached its furthest point before he used his shoes, hooking under the back of the desk to pull him back down. He watched Yakta's expression patiently. If his usual grin was anything to indicate, he seemed to enjoy the time she was taking to contemplate things, surveying her expression and body language. Even though Hokkai's introduction had made things easier, he didn't seem to be too bothered by it. Then soon after, Taric had made his appearance, and even though Toshiro didn't know his name until then, it seemed he knew Toshiro's. Even though he mumbled it, there was no denying the fact that Yakta had heard him by the amused expression the lizard woman wore on her face.

"Can't say he was the one I was expecting to come in and spoil the game," Toshiro thought while placing his seat back onto the ground once more, still staring back at Yakta with an unphased demeanor, the sneer on his lips as strong as ever. "I didn't have the assumption that one of the possible choices would appear and that the metal one...Taric would state my name outright." He continued to ponder while resting a hand on the side of his face, "Not a surprise, I'm not familiar with them yet. However, there was one person I can predict..."

Just at that time, another group of students made their way into the classroom, all of them he had remembered seeing during the exam. His focus instantly geared onto the person he was waiting for among them, Zella. He didn't attempt to acknowledge her while she approached him from behind, putting a hand on his shoulder and very audibly revealing his name. Even though his attention turned to Zella, he could sense the amusement the lizard woman was having at the 'unfortunate' events he was dealing with.
With an acted-out sigh of defeat, he placed his concentration back on Yakta only to see her pull out a notebook. A sweatdrop went down the side of his face as he realized that she was taking this wager from 'Comrade Tosh' a little bit too seriously. "Between her and Tokage, I expected her to get it even if Zella never came. So, things still reached the same conclusion. But how smug she is acting kind of makes me wanna show off a bit..."

As he tilted his head down slightly, the gleam from the overhead lights reflected on his glasses, temporarily preventing his usually closed eyes from being seen as he slowly began to raise his left hand from its resting position. Just then, someone else chimed in something that made him pause.

"Your name is Toshiro which I think is fitting. I'm still gonna call you Glasses because I think that's cool."

Toshiro's head turned to face Tokage again, seeing the oblivious smile he had on his face. Toshiro quickly assumed what happened based on his sudden interruption; a brief expression of shock appeared on his features. "Did he just figure that out now? He must have been blocking everything else out to focus only on guessing my name," He concluded, his expression quickly returning to a overjoyed grin, "That wasn't a guess either. This guy thought it through. I guess I miscalculated him, he isn't all power, huh? But even then..."

Toshiro leaned back into his seat once more to place a hand over his mouth, "Oi Zel, can you believe these two? They spent all that time thinking over this dumb little challenge I made! I could see the veins popping out of their forehead! Isn't that soooo lame?~" He jokingly made fun of Yakta and Tokage while talking like a gossiping high school girl with Zella, finishing off with a fake high-pitched laugh. Seemingly satisfied with the one-sided humor he created with Zella, he sat back down in his seat and adjusted his glasses, "But, jokes aside, you surprised me, Tokage! You got it off your intuition, unlike some reptile." He said while giving a slight jab to Yakta, having the answer handed to her on a silver platter. "If it weren't for you, I would have just called the whole thing off!" He continued, propping his legs up on the desk, "But, I guess I'll have to fulfill my end of the deal," Toshiro conceded before yawning. "After class, of course! We're about to start, after all."

Even after his 'defeat,' Toshiro deflected, showing off the exciting thing he supposedly had at the time. Was he just making excuses? Or was it indeed something he couldn't do right now? It was hard to tell.

Last edited:
“ 𝔱𝔬𝔥𝔯𝔲;.jpeg
Emiko Yukimura
"Ah well," Emiko felt her face heat up in embarrassment. She really should've just left her books at home. At this rate, the whole class will ask about them, "I didn't want to come unprepared?" She was sure if that was a better response than last time, there was no turning back now. "It's nice to meet you Hiromi!"

Emiko followed Hiromi's gaze to a man she assumed was the teacher. She'd be lying if she was she wasn't the least bit scared of the man who was making his way toward their class. He seemed strict, not that that was a bad thing, but there was a sternness in his gaze that made her want to shrink away. Behind him, two followed closely. Had they also been lost? She tilted her head as she pondered the question. Sure, the school was big, and the halls were a little confusing, but it seemed the rest of the class had managed to find their room. Heck, she'd gotten lost for a second, but was able to navigate after a minute. Not wanting to be left in the halls, Emiko followed behind Hiromi and Zella, who opted out of sitting with the two. Emiko bid Zella a farewell before following Hiromi.

The classroom was as average as you could get. With the desks in neat rows facing the front. Emiko looked among the students who were there, trying her best to remember if she'd seen them at the exam or not. If she had, she couldn't remember. Oh well, she shrugged, she'd be with these kids for a while, plenty of time to get acquainted.

Emiko followed Hiromi over to the second row, taking a seat next to her. "Oh!" She turned her gaze to Hiromi, "I'm Emiko Yukimura!" Emiko smiled at the student Hiromi had sat behind, "Hello! It's nice to meet you!"

Mentions: Japanime Japanime Arai Arai Noct Noct RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Interacts: Arai Arai GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Zella stood by Toshiro's side and looked to the others as they conversed. She took her hand off of Toshiro as she put both her hands behind her back, keeping the eager smile on her face. She quickly learned from some context clues that the group was playing a game on if the others could guess Toshiro's name. It also seemed that the game was through even before Zella outed him, but that wasn't the interesting part. The intriguing part was the fact that Toshiro had promised to show the group something interesting, which Yakta had plainly stated to her. She observed as Tokage was deep in thought and eventually solved the riddle of Toshiro's name. She was confused how the boy seemed to figure it out slightly later, despite the fact she basically blurted Toshiro's name aloud moments ago. His wasn't the behavior Zella was agitated by, as he just seemed excited, it was the other tailed classmate that she believed was behaving problematically. As much as Zella also wanted to see what Toshiro was hiding, she just didn't like the way Yakta was acting about it.

Zella disliked the smug way Yakta was acting, and wasn't going to shy away from showing that, her eyes narrowing in annoyance, at the very least, a retaliation in words could be excused by her defending her friend from possible harassment, regardless of if he needed help or not, but before she began her verbal assault, Toshiro seemed to already handle the situation in his ever-present ill-mannered attitude, with his condescending manner of speaking to the two, reminiscent of the way he spoke to Zella when they first met. She giggled, finding an opportunity to play off the 'joke' Toshiro had just told, and perhaps derail the conversation entirely. "God, you are so mean Toshi! I swear, you would be so much cuter if you just kept your mouth shut." She joked to him in a similarly playful manner. "Anyways, have any of you seen Yanagi yet, long, black hair, about this tall, I swear, that girl would lose her head if it wasn't attached, its no surprise she probably can't find the class." She said while putting her hand at approximate height of Yanagi.

Mentioned: Hanarei Hanarei
Interacted: grudge grudge Archdemon Archdemon GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Sunao Sonoda, Expert NobodyInteractions: Yakta ( GrieveWriter GrieveWriter ) and everyone else around Yakta

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

That was what he was. Honestly, he probably shouldn't exist right now, at least not in this plane of reality. As students milled about past him, he couldn't help but see the gulf between them. There they were, having earned their place in this school after a grueling entrance exam, and here he was, existing in the same areas as them purely because some hero he didn't even know the name of thought she oughta put his name up for recommendations. He wasn't hero material, he was simply a survivor. He only helped those people because it reasoned that the more people there were in this world, the easier it was for him to survive. That was what he told himself anyway. Even now, he couldn't fully believe himself. So much for keeping a low profile. The air where he stood shimmered slightly as he scratched his goatee in contemplation. His father had told him to blend in, disappear from the world, and here he was now, as part of a prestigious academy. He supposed it wasn't too bad. He could've picked a worse rock to perch on. After all, if all the kids here were more talented than he was, the light from their bright, shining stars might just envelop his dim, double-A-powered flashlight. A perfect camouflage, so to speak- almost like he didn't exist at all.

He sucked in his breath and held it as a couple of students walked past him, and entered the class. Why did he do that? What the hell was he thinking? He had done enough reconnaissance that it didn't matter if anyone knew he existed or not. He exhaled, and color began to flood through his entire body and his clothes, revealing the gray-skinned boy for what he is- a gray-skinned boy in a scruffy uniform, with its first few buttons undone, revealing the black tank top he had underneath. He wasn’t big on the whole uniform thing himself, and, having studied some of the students that came and went, neither were a couple of them. He supposed he could be safe with...whatever he was wearing. It’s not like he belonged amongst them anyway. He glanced down at himself, and brushed down his shirt. Wasn’t he making himself a little more obvious this way? He thought about tidying himself up, but as more students began to file into the classroom, it was getting clear that he was not going to have much time left to do just that. He took in a deep breath, and though he felt like he ought to disappear from sight, he didn’t turn invisible this time, and stepped into the class.

He didn’t feel any different. If anything, he felt nothing at all. Looking around, it almost seemed like he had just entered a normal class in a normal school, barring the exception that maybe a couple of those in here could probably level a skyscraper or two if they put their minds into it. He shuddered. They would probably make mincemeat of a tiny salamander like him. He thought he saw a bigger reptile in the group earlier as well. The snow-white lizardman’s stark shade made him stand out easily, and it didn’t take Sunao long to locate him amongst the throng of students gathered around the center of the classroom. Those were the ‘cool kids’, he supposed. The ones towards the back would probably classify as the ‘cooler kids’. Sunao swept his shock of neon-blue hair back, trying to put on his best face. What did it matter anyway? It wasn’t as if he was going to compare to any of them. Slipping past a redhead and his companion, he made his way to the center row where another gray-skinned reptilian student was sitting. While Sunao couldn’t say for certain how capable she was, the way she carried herself, the way she commanded the people around her seemed to speak volumes about her charisma, if nothing else. Next to her beacon of light, he would be practically invisible. The faceless crowd. Not being at the corner, but not exactly at the center painted less of a target on his back.

1622173346703.pngHe settled down on the seat beside the girl, and offered his brightest grin to the people gathered around her. “Yo. Hope this seat isn’t taken. Would be terribly rude if it was.” He waved in greeting. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Why did he even exist? Now that he had planted himself on the chair, he couldn’t escape now. In retrospect, this was the WORST choice he had made since he got here. It’s fine. It’s fine. He was a chameleon, both socially and physically. He could blend in easy. With nary a tremble in his voice, with the air of confidence of someone who was used to introducing himself to others, he reached out a hand to his neighbours. “Sunao Sonoda. No one interesting. Nice to meetcha.” He laughed at his own introduction, as if it were a joke, and not a literal description of who he was in comparison to his peers. “Hero academy, huh? I’m pretty excited for the first day. How about you guys?” Why oh why was he continuing to dig this grave of his?

Interaction/Mention: grudge grudge Aeris Aeris Arai Arai Noct Noct Archdemon Archdemon simj26 simj26

Yakta didn't hesitate, and began writing the moment that Toshiro began speaking. Her deft hands moved quickly to fill in line after line on the page with something, with her tail still wagging behind her as she worked. She was halfway through the page she was on when she began speaking, sounding out words as she wrote to imply what was being written.

"Dumb challenge... veins popping...." she nodded along with his words as she wrote, slowing down for a moment "... some lizard...."

It was there her smile finally turned to a frown, but she resumed writing at a breakneck pace even as she closed her eyes. As Toshiro stated his intent to fulfill his end of the bargain at a later date, Yakta picked up the pace in her writing whilst she gave a hum of thought.

"Ahh, I am being the mocked one, yes." she determined whilst keeping her eyes shut "Good Comrade Tosh, very interesting thing displayed."

As she spoke her tail reached over and scratched at the base of one of the spikes protruding from her head. She gave another hum as she leaned into it, eyes slowly opening when she realized another was speaking to her

Her smile returned in full force as her tail resumed wagging, and she leaned back to look at the one who had spoken to her, who turned out to be the second of Hiromi's new acquaintances. And yet again Yakta had to pause to take in the abundance of similarities that Hiromi shared with her. Now that they were standing so close, it was even more noticeable. But She introduced herself as Emiko Yukimura, the holder of the sixteenth place on the exam.

Besides some form of distant family, she could rule out simple blood relations.

Seeing no reason why not to kill two birds with one stone, she saw no reason not to introduce herself.

"Ah, I am known as Yakta Morriche." she said before nodding towards Emiko "It is the pleasure to be meeting you as well, Doppelganger. Are you here to be replacing my friend and do the stealing of identity?"

Even as she tilted her head for an answer she continued writing in that notepad, but she still didn't give Emiko enough time to reply "I jest, it funny to me, friend Miko." she then turned back to Toshiro's ally, labeled Zel by the Tosh man himself, as she began asking about another person.

Yanagi Hara, 12th place on the exam, was among the few who had yet to arrive. What's more, it seemed as though this girl was anticipating her. Yakta tilted her head a bit, thinking on the students she'd seen since her arrival. She'd walked past a few on the way to class, and had seen several whilst waiting outside. Yet despite her memory, she could not reconcile the characteristics described to her with any of the students she'd seen. It was likely that Yanagi was simply lost, as the Zel girl described.

It was around that time that Yakta realized another student had joined them, much shorter and with a face she couldn't place. Given the chances, odds were that it was either Otahame or one of the Recommended like Tokage.

"The Yanagi has not been sighted by Yakta," she gave a shrug whilst finally turning her attention back down to the notes she'd been taking up until then "I shall be doing the lookout for you, Comrade Zel, wish to see more friends united, yes. See even more of the Interesting."

Whilst keeping her eyes on Zel, she didn't lose track of the new boy who seemed to be looking around. He soon made his way over and took the seat next to Yakta. Introducing himself as Sunao Sonoda, who Yakta couldn't recall appearing anywhere on the Exam Results, he proceeded to admit his excitement for the first day.

When the question was passed to the group, Yakta finally stopped writing in that little notepad of hers. She gave a stretch before leaning back atop her desk, letting her tail wrap around the pen and pull it from her grasp so she could flex her fingers a bit.

"I am of the excited type, Comrade." she admitted whilst reaching up to adjust her hair "Many foundation built during exam, but paltry compared to the now. Here begins much interesting occasion for all. Many Friends, Many Learning, Many Profits."

Hiromi smiled as Emiko and Yakta got to know each other a little better. It warmed her to see her circle of friends steadily growing, though she frowned as she heard Zella and Toshiro's description of Yakta as the two mocked her intelligence. If they were doing it because of the accent, that was obviously very mature and exactly what first year hero students should be like. She hadn't heard the beginning of their conversation, but everything she'd heard out of Toshiro and Zella so far had sounded very cliquey, insulting friends and acquaintances alike. Not Hiromi's cup of tea, and a few months ago she probably would've just kept her mouth shut about it, but after everything that'd led to her getting here, she couldn't be that timid anymore, wouldn't. For the moment, she pushed it out her head. Yakta didn't look bothered about it so Hiromi kept quiet, focusing on her friends.

"Are you here to be replacing my friend and do the stealing of identity?"

Hiromi laughed, gesturing to Emiko. "I'm glad it's not just us," she started, "Mind you Yakta, we're not the only ones. There's a few people with lizard quirks in here, maybe you have some distant relatives!" As Yakta turned back around to speak to Zella, Hiromi leaned over to Emiko. "She's nice I swear," She joked quietly so Yakta wouldn't be offended if she heard, "She'll just joke a lot and will call you friend or comrade. I'm not sure which is better yet," At this point, she clocked another student entering that she didn't recognise. Perhaps he had been recommended or tested on a different day, but either way, he seemed nervous, trying not to offend anyone. Exactly the kind of person that could do with a friendly face!

"Hiromi," She said, extended a hand to Sunao. "This is Yakta and Emiko. I'd say in this class with these quirks we're all pretty interesting," She pointed out, politely disagreeing with Sunao's statement. He looked interesting for sure, with light blue hair and definitely some level of...reptilian-ness to him. Not as much as Yakta, or Tokage, but some.

"I’m pretty excited for the first day. How about you guys?”

"Of course! There's so much we're gonna get to see! We already met Control Z at the Entrance Exam, she's the nurse. Have you met her before?"

Interactions:
GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Aeris Aeris simj26 simj26
Mentions: Noct Noct grudge grudge

1621540788336.png

Taric
Interaction: grudge grudge GrieveWriter GrieveWriter simj26 simj26 Noct Noct Archdemon Archdemon
it seemed that more people had decided to show up and well it was sorta getting a bit crowded for Taric but he liked the pair of lizard people enough that he opted to stick around the both of them and ergo the others that were around too. it had come to his attention that he'd ruined the game that Toshiro had apparently put together making the rather tall metal suited male frown a little bit. but he'd make yataka amused so that was a good thing right? "oh well umm I'm glad I could help with that then I guess?" Taric replied slightly confused but smiling in that awkward way he seemed to do. then there was the mocking of the pair of lizard peeps from Toshiro trying to making himself look better perhaps? "maybe stop with the projection? glasses man?" Taric mumbled only to now regret what he said making him shake his head a little bit. it was just after that a new guy showed up sitting himself down and calling himself Sunao giving the fellow a bit of a wave. "oh hey new guy Im Taric nice to meet you" he'd add in trying to be nice and introduce himself then there was another girl asking about another girl resulting in Taric shaking his head. "sorry no haven't seen a girl like that at all" he'd reply only slightly confidently. then there was another person called Hiromi agreeing with Yataka about how they were all getting to know each other and he'd just kinda nod. "yeah we really are getting to know each other and umm i guess we got a lot of interesting quirks two lizard, one err walking alternate reality... and actually not sure about anyone else's kinda hard to tell from a glance hey?" Taric sounded a little more confident in his words making a smile as he looked at everyone realizing he'd made himself the center of attention he'd sit down face going rather red. "err ok maybe that was dumb to say.. ill just.." Taric mumbled a little more a few rather small portals opening around taric out of awkwardness

Interactions: Noct Noct simj26 simj26
Mentions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Archdemon Archdemon (Everyone else in class)

Toshiro, finally reaching the end of his act, renewed his attention to Yakta. If her pen quickly glossing over the paper was any clue, she was writing down something fairly lengthy, but the fact she had found anything of worth in what he was saying had caught his curiosity.

While he silently observed her, he heard the mumble of Taric from a short distance away, clearly not taking a liking to the joke he made at both Tokage and Yakta's expense. He didn't look at him, but he felt a small tinge of respect for the boy for having the confidence to speak up, even if it was only a little bit, seeing as how socially awkward he seemed.

Toshiro returned his focus back to Yakta, head tilting slightly as she repeated what she wrote down to herself, only to frown and close her eyes while continuing to write. His mind played with the idea of what else she could be writing but pushed it outside his thoughts; there wasn't much to gain from that speculation. The corner of his lip curled as he couldn't help but wonder what the woman's assumptions were about him over this whole interaction. At least from his standpoint, he saw Yakta as someone he would like to become more familiar with, the same case with Tokage, both of the lizard people knowing how to keep things enjoyable.

Though, this concentration on her actions broke as the girl behind him gave a scathing comment. He tilted his head far back against the backrest to view Zella in an upside-down view before responding to her. "Oi, oi. My mouth is the best part about me! If it weren't for my personality, I would be some boring good-looking guy! What fun is there in that?" Toshiro asserted, not shying of raising himself on a pedestal. Always wearing the grin and wielding his nonchalant and patronizing tone with his attitude, it was always hard to tell what Toshiro was thinking, but he seemed quite to enjoy the back and forth he could have with Zella.

As his head snapped back up, he was surprised to find someone new in the classroom, one that had come in while he was distracted. His sudden appearance wasn't what surprised him. However, it was the very clear reptile features he sported. As soon as Toshiro saw him, he removed his feet from his desk, opting to lean forward instead and place his arm on the desk. "Another reptile in our class, huh? What are the odds! You three should start a club, or maybe even a band. It's destiny," He quipped before returning his comfortable seating position before addressing Sunao personally, "I have to agree with you. I'm pretty excited myself! This is the first step to become a true 'hero', huh? I can't wait to see how everyone preforms!" Toshiro said excitedly, seemingly more interested in observing everyone else rather than worrying about his success. Finally, he decided to take a good look around the class. It seemed like a good amount of the students were already seated in the classroom. Toshiro could name a majority of them, mostly to jotting their names down mentally while Yakta conversed. It seemed the lizard woman had quite a few connections. Toshiro wasn't surprised about that; she seemed like the type that would have a lot of networking. Eventually, Toshiro hoped to become acquainted with everyone personally and learn more about them to feed his curiosity. Still, he was certain throughout the school year, and he'd certainly get a chance or two.

SonodaInteractions: Yakta (@ GrieveWriter GrieveWriter ) Hiromi ( Arai Arai ) Glasses Man ( grudge grudge ) Taric ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 )
Mentioned: Emiko ( Aeris Aeris )

He nodded along as the group introduced themselves, gladly accepting Hiromi's hand with a gentle shake. The brunettes were Hiromi and Emiko, the dark-grey skinned girl was Yakta, the albino was Taric. The boy with glasses behind them was 'glasses man', according to Taric. Not too difficult. Those were certainly names, and those were certainly faces. Odd that they would use their given names. He didn't think he'd be welcomed so openly. He'd be hard-pressed to forget them. Yakta, especially, seemed to be quite unique, for the lack of a better word. Her vocabulary was...strange, so to speak. She was terse, and her arrangement was all over the place. It wasn't hard to understand her, but it would certainly take some getting used to. Maybe he could offer to help her learn the language better. It would be nice to hang out with a pretty girl like her. "Comrade, huh?" Sunao commented on her odd choice of reference. He wasn't so sure about that. He was beneath being considered 'comrade', least of all by anyone in this class. He was a distraction, that was all. He suppressed a scowl, keeping his smile. After all, a smile better suits a hero. Or someone masquerading as one at any rate. "Sonoda is just fine." What did she mean by 'many profits', though? Her tone implied something more than just learning opportunities. Could it be that she was only seeking out monetary profits from being a hero? Sunao could understand that. Heroes were celebrities, after all. Endorsements rolled in quick for any hero that wanted to advertise for products. Guess there were some people in here that were just looking for a pool of money to dive into. Not exactly a respectable plan for the future, but at least she knew what she wanted to do, which was more than what he could say for himself.

Sunao looked quizzically at Hiromi when she mentioned something about Control Z. Wasn't that just a shortcut for undoing something on a computer? It took him a second to realise that Hiromi was talking about a person. He shook his head, and shrugged. "Ya got me." Guess he oughta come clean now. He didn't particularly like lying, especially to girls. His entire life here was a lie, but he chose to ignore that fact. "To tell you the truth, I probably don't know anyone here at all," Sunao admitted sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I would say I'm a bit of a special case. I didn't take part in the entrance exam," he paused to let that piece of information sink in, before he continued. "I was actually referred here by some hero. Didn't think a good word from someone like her would put me here, but here I am! All things considered, it's pretty odd. All I'm good for is disappearing when you need me most." With those words, he did, indeed, disappear. His entire body, clothes and all, faded out with a clean wipe, like a PowerPoint slide transition. A second passed, before he wiped back into existence, grinning, holding his hands out, as if he had just accomplished a magic trick for the ages. "Just kiddin'. I just disappear. Without the 'when you need me most' part." Hopefully. "Guess you could add 'going to the store for milk' as a Quirk under that list of yours, Taric." He laughed. That's it, Sunao. Just keep joking. It was the best way to feign some level of confidence, after all.

He leaned back on his seat, and turned his attention to 'glasses man'. "Don't ya know it. I play a mean air guitar myself. We could call ourselves The Kobolds or something," he frowned. "I'm not good at coming up with names. That said, I didn't catch yours. Or should I just call you Glasses Man as well? Sonoda Sunao." He reintroduced himself again, and gave a stunted salute. Sunao cursed himself inwardly. Surely, he'd have heard his introduction earlier. No matter. Words already out of mouth. No taking them back. "I hope to...perform to your expectations. Not that you'll ever see me do it, heh." He grinned, clearly meaning it as another joke. Sunao didn't know if it was or not.

Last edited:

Flora.

Mrs. Maiko, the headmistress of the Home for Children of Fallen Heroes, handed the letter from U.A. to Flora when it came the weekend after the test. The middle aged woman could see the fear on Flora's face and smiled compassionately as Flora stared frozen at the envelope in her hands.

"It's okay if this doesn't work out, Flora. You won't be disappointing anybody. You don't have to be a hero."

"I'd be disappointing my parents." Flora said without looking up.

"Flora, honey, that's not true. We all know-"

Flora's eyes snapped up to meet Mrs. Maiko's. "I'd be disappointing myself." The kindly woman wrung her hands, sorrow tinging her expression. She sighed.

"Let me know what the letter says." She said softly, and then walked away, leaving Flora with the letter.

. . .

The first day of classes came, and Flora stood in the lobby of the orphanage, her single suitcase of belongings behind her, and wearing the new U.A. school uniform that had come in the mail, which Mrs. Maiko had ironed the night before. The middle aged woman tugged on the edges of the outfit, making sure everything was straight. Mrs. Maiko looked up at her, concernedly.

"Are you absolutely certain this is what you want?" Flora nodded as certainly as she could, which wasn't very. She noticed, maybe for the first time, the grey wisps in Mrs. Maiko's hair and the ever worried creases in her forehead. The mother hen sighed.

"You still won't have a mom and dad... Who are you going to come home to on holidays? I can't promise there will be a bed available here for you..."

"I know."

"You know, not everyone is cut out to be a hero. We can't accept you back if this doesn't end up working out. This is the end of your time here, and I absolutely hate that that's the policy. Flora, just cause your parents were heroes doesn't mean you have to be!"

"Do you think I can't do it?" There was no harshness in the question. Flora was constantly fighting off the demons that told her she couldn't do it. Looking at her, both physically and emotionally, it didn't seem very probable that she could make it as a hero student. Mrs. Maiko just wrung her hands and stared at the floor.

"I just... I've always worried for you, Flora. I've always wanted to get through to you and find you a place where you can feel safe and cared for and I never could. You wouldn't let me." Both Mrs. Maiko and Flora had tears in their eyes now. Flora looked away, fighting not to show it. "And hero school is not a safe place."

"Will they be proud of me, Mrs. Maiko?" Flora asked, voice breaking.

"Honey, who, the teachers? Your pa- Yes. Yes, baby. Your parents are already so proud of you."

"How do you know? You didn't even know them." Flora wiped at her eyes, trying to stop the fact that she was crying before she even got to school. Mrs. Maiko held the girl's shoulders in a firm squeeze of encouragement.

"Because, Flora. A few pros have stopped in over the years to ask about you. And they all say that you were the light of your parents' world. As much as your parents loved being heroes, they loved you more. And they were so excited the day you manifested your quirk. They were just beaming."

"The day I killed them."

"NO." Flora looked up at Mrs. Maiko, startled to hear the gentle woman shout. Her eyes were flaming, tears streaming down her soft face. "That's what has held you back all these years, Flora. The belief that you killed them. And I know for a fact that your parents will be far more proud of you the day that you stop believing that than they will of you becoming a hero. Do you hear me?"

Flora nodded her head, tears flowing freely now. Mrs. Maiko pulled the timid girl into her arms and held her close. For potentially the first time since she was a toddler, Flora clung to her. The woman stepped back and assessed Flora.

"I'm glad you're not wearing any makeup, cause it would be a disaster and you can't walk into school like that, now can you?" Flora laughed, nervously. "Now don't you forget to write to me, okay? Cause I don't think this old lady will be able to handle it if I don't know what's happened to you. I want to hear everything. Okay?"

"I promise." Flora wiped her eyes on her sleeve.

"Aaiii! Not on your brand new sleeves!" Mrs. Maiko handed Flora a kleenex. "Now hopefully the bus ride is long enough that your eyes won't be all swollen. You're making important first impressions today!"

"I'm going to be late..." Flora said, looking at the clock. But she didn't move. She didn't want to. Mrs. Maiko smiled, knowing full well how the girl felt.

"Goodbye, Flora. Fare well." Mrs. Maiko bowed slightly and Flora bowed in reply.

"Goodbye, Mrs. Maiko. Thank-you for taking care of me." The woman nodded, and Flora left.

As the bus left and the cloud of exhaust cleared, Flora could be seen standing on the sidewalk staring at the giant school in front of her. She scanned her new student ID and hurried in, leaving her suitcase in the lobby of the dorms (please, please don't let anyone steal it) and then dashed down the hallway, arriving in front of the 1-A classroom with 3 minutes to spare before class started. She took a deep breath and then entered, nodded to the teacher and sat in the middle somewhere where she could be inconspicuous.

She counted the seats and saw only about 20, and that's how Flora answered the question of how many people got in. The nervous pit in her stomach became more nervous, knowing that she had only been about 5 people from the cutoff point.

Interacts: OPEN

Last edited:

nurui

MOOD: Optimistic
healthy
TAGS: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

’Just another year at U.A. Nothin’ I haven’t done already.'

'Different class, sure. Different people? Definitely. Different course work? Absolutely.'

'Nothing to be afraid of though.'

'I don’t think so at least.'

There wasn’t too much time left until class started. Less than a couple of minutes really, and instead of being in class, Nurui was trying to hype himself up in the bathroom mirror. Everyone needed to give themselves a little pep talk every now and again. Except Nurui might’ve given himself the same talk about four times at this point, and he could feel every encouraging word he’d thought of growing tired after being rinsed and repeated so often in his head, losing their flavor over time.

Even though this was his second year at U.A., being in a new class with new students and course work was going to give him an experience he’d never had before and Nurui knew it. He wanted to say he was a little bit ahead; he already had taken a year's worth of coursework that had everything to do with saving civilians during major fights...as well as cleaning up after the fact. Nothing ever to do with all the actual fighting. He wasn’t cut out for that until very recently, but he’d be lying if he didn’t partially think he’d wind up causing more damage than any villain would, or could.

More importantly, he was going to cause some damage to himself — figuratively — if he didn’t get to class really soon. He could imagine a lot of people had gotten lost on their way to class, but with the amount of time elapsed, there’s no doubt everyone had made it to their seats by now. It was undoubtedly his turn now. He unscrewed the cap from his jug of water, one that was large to almost comedic standards, certainly, and took a “small” sip from it, the sound of his gulp nearly loud enough to echo through the bathroom.

After a hasty walk from the bathroom to the classroom, Nurui made it inside. He’d read a book, where the main character walked into a classroom on his first day of school and loudly introduced himself to the entire class before it started. Nurui was almost envious of that kind of confidence, the only thing keeping him from truly becoming green from it being that the book was fiction; it wasn’t hard to imagine that there were people out there like that, though. Nurui just wasn’t that person.

Instead, he moved to quietly take a seat, though a certain person caught his attention. He’d kind of assumed it was part of his quirk that he could loosely pick up on how people were feeling, though the sense was kind of hit or miss. He could feel a kind of smallness coming from her, and the only reason you’d be small in a place like this was to go unnoticed. He debated between letting her have her wish and stay unnoticed and introducing himself. Class was about to start soon. There’d be time to talk to people later. He got that it was his fault he spent so long in the bathroom. He spent way more time talking to himself today than he had anyone else...not that he’d spoken to anyone.

Still, there was enough time for just a quick ‘hello’ before he went to his seat. He made his way over to her and stopped at her flank before waving. “Hey. Are you doing alright? You look a little nervous; are you nervous?"

code by low fidelity.

’Just another year at U.A. Nothin’ I haven’t done already.

Different class, sure. Different people? Definitely. Different course work? Absolutely.

Nothing to be afraid of though.

I don’t think so at least.

There wasn’t too much time left until class started. Less than a couple of minutes really, and instead of being in class, Nurui was trying to hype himself up in the bathroom mirror. Everyone needed to give themselves a little pep talk every now and again. Except Nurui might’ve given himself the same talk about four times at this point, and he could feel every encouraging word he’d thought of growing tired after being rinsed and repeated so often in his head, losing their flavor over time.

Even though this was his second year at U.A., being in a new class with new students and course work was going to give him an experience he’d never had before and Nurui knew it. He wanted to say he was a little bit ahead; he already had taken a year's worth of coursework that had everything to do with saving civilians during major fights...as well as cleaning up after the fact. Nothing ever to do with all the actual fighting. He wasn’t cut out for that until very recently, but he’d be lying if he didn’t partially think he’d wind up causing more damage than any villain would, or could.

More importantly, he was going to cause some damage to himself — figuratively — if he didn’t get to class really soon. He could imagine a lot of people had gotten lost on their way to class, but with the amount of time elapsed, there’s no doubt everyone had made it to their seats by now. It was undoubtedly his turn now. He unscrewed the cap from his jug of water, one that was large to almost comedic standards, certainly, and took a “small” sip from it, the sound of his gulp nearly loud enough to echo through the bathroom.

After a hasty walk from the bathroom to the classroom, Nurui made it inside. He’d read a book, where the main character walked into a classroom on his first day of school and loudly introduced himself to the entire class before it started. Nurui was almost envious of that kind of confidence, the only thing keeping him from truly becoming green from it being that the book was fiction; it wasn’t hard to imagine that there were people out there like that, though. Nurui just wasn’t that person.

Instead, he moved to quietly take a seat, though a certain person caught his attention. He’d kind of assumed it was part of his quirk that he could loosely pick up on how people were feeling, though the sense was kind of hit or miss. He could feel a kind of smallness coming from her, and the only reason you’d be small in a place like this was to go unnoticed. He debated between letting her have her wish and stay unnoticed and introducing himself. Class was about to start soon. There’d be time to talk to people later. He got that it was his fault he spent so long in the bathroom. He spent way more time talking to himself today than he had anyone else...not that he’d spoken to anyone.

Still, there was enough time for just a quick ‘hello’ before he went to his seat. He made his way over to her and stopped at her flank before waving. “Hey. Are you doing alright…?”

Last edited:
𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘢・°✧.jpeg
Emiko Yukimura

Emiko smiled as Yakta introduced herself, allowing herself to laugh when she joked about stealing Hiromi’s identity. “No stealing here! Promise!”

She tilted her head to hear what Hiromi had whispered to her, “I like her already,” She whispered back. It was true too, as far as she was aware, Emiko hadn’t met anyone she didn’t like yet. Hopefully, it stayed that way.

Emiko looked up as someone else entered the classroom. He seemed nervous, which was understandable, with it being the first day and everything. Her head cocked to the side as he sat next to Yakta and introduced himself as “no one interesting.” Hiromi was the first to speak to him, going ahead and introducing Yakta and Emiko as well. Emiko finally spoke up, “Don’t say that about yourself! Everyone is interesting in their own way!” She didn’t like hearing people talk bad about themselves and intended on correcting him whenever she could.

“See!” She practically beamed at the new information, “You got accepted by recommendation! That’s pretty neat if you ask me!” Emiko hoped her words of encouragement did something at the very least. “You have a very interesting quirk!” She added before turning to Hiromi and Yakta, “Actually, if you don’t mind me asking, what are your quirks?” Emiko hadn’t seen them during the exam or at least didn’t see their quirks. But she was excited to learn about her new friends and hopefully become closer as the school year went on.

Interactions/mentions: Arai Arai GrieveWriter GrieveWriter simj26 simj26

Interaction/Mention: grudge grudge Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Noct Noct Archdemon Archdemon Arai Arai Aeris Aeris sheesh sheesh Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

In spite of his willingness to smack talk himself, Sonoda rapidly managed to become the center of conversation. As Yakta had suspected, he wasn't from the exam. He was apparently referred by some hero. His description caused Yakta to narrow her eyes, but she stayed quiet as he proceeded to give a demonstration of his Quirk, which was apparently invisibility.

As the topic briefly turned to the prospect of the reptilian students forming some kind of band, Yakta leaned back and shook her head.

"Apologies are mine, friend." she sighed "No instrument in skillset. But I shall be offering the singing and dancing if needed."

Though she grinned, her mind was also on the surprising number of reptilians in the class. Between Tokage, Sonoda and her; there was already a suspicious number of them present. Considering the versatile potential of Quirks, this was nothing if not considerable. Toshiro and Taric weren't the only ones to point this out, as Hiromi had also joked over them in response to Yakta's comment on her and Emiko's similarity.

Though she couldn't exactly place a reason for these coincidences besides rolling high on the die of Karmic chance, the thought was able to take her mind off the conversation just in time to catch two more students entering.

The first one she could easily remember from the Exam, though Yakta couldn't exactly recall what she'd done. Because of this she couldn't make too much of a guess on who she was or where she ranked, but at least she remembered her face. The same couldn't be said for the blonde boy who entered soon after, she couldn't recall him from the exam at all. Here they were again, playing Otohame or Recommended, but Yakta was used to the routine by this point.

When the first girl quietly took her seat nearby, doing little to indicate her presence, the blonde boy made a stop near her to ask if she was okay.

Yakta turned her attention back to the conversation when the subject of Quirks led to Emiko asking what their quirks were.

Yakta shrugged before stretching her tail behind her. She leaned it forward until slid over her shoulder, sliding her pen into the spine of her notepad before reaching up. Taking hold of the tip of her tail she gave it an appreciative nuzzle.

"No big flashiness." she said whilst rubbing the tip of her tail against her cheek "Besides sharp head, Quirk is tail and tail is strong."

She let go and wiggled it in front of her for a moment before a series of spikes sprouted along her tail, "Can be having sharpness when needed."

As she pulled her tail back behind her the spikes slowly receded back inside, but she turned her attention back to the two new kids as well as she waved her tip towards them.

"Perhaps Quirk can be doing the ice-breaking for quiet one?" she offered with a grin as she twisted her tail around "Do not be letting flexible power of tail be robbing you of words, comrade."

Flora.

Flora squirmed uncomfortably, irritated that these two loudmouths would target her when there were lots of other talkative people in the class to choose from. Why pick the girl that didn't want to be seen? The blonde boy got too close to her and started asking her why she was nervous, and then a pretty scary looking reptile mutation girl joined in and asked if it was her tail that was making her quiet. No, I wasn't even looking at you!

"I-I'm not nervous..." Flora considered the lack of wisdom of the very first thing she uttered in her new school being a lie. It was perfectly normal to be nervous on your first day of hero school, Flora assumed. However, it seemed like no one else was as uncomfortable as her.

"I'm just.... Taking in everything." Sounded pretty lame. Flora wondered where Hokkai and Astral were. They scored higher on the exam than she did so they had to be here, right? But it was hard to tell through the chaos of everyone talking at once.

Interacts: sheesh sheesh GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Mentions: Silent Child Silent Child iambloom404 iambloom404

Interactions: simj26 simj26
Mentions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter sheesh sheesh Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Arai Arai Aeris Aeris

Hearing about Sunao's quirk, Toshiro's eyes lit up for a second, "Invisibility, huh? I'm pretty jealous. I can only make stationary objects invisible, but it requires a lot of focus that I can't do much else during it." He mulled over this fact in his head briefly, grin growing a little wider, "I can think of many things he can use an ability like that for, but he doesn't seem too enthusiastic about it," Toshiro pondered as he pushed back his glasses that had begun sliding down his nose, "I guess that's how it is when it's YOUR quirk. I know the feeling as well," he felt a slight tinge of empathy for his classmate, believing that they both held a similar feeling to the quirks life had gifted them with.​

Toshiro snapped out of his thoughts just in time to hear the chameleon man ask him for his name, "It's Oh Toshiro, but feel free to call me whatever you want! I want you to feel comfortable around me, after all," He raised his hands, waving them as if to announce himself during his introduction to his fellow student. "Hmm, I guess I'll give you a fun fact about me to pay you back for the air guitar tidbit," Toshiro decided one-sidedly, pursuing his lips as he thought, then snapped his fingers as something came to mind. "My parents are massive hero nerds. Our house is full of different merchandise and stuff, and they're always watching shows about them when they're home. It's really annoying!" Toshiro voiced his distaste for his parents' hobby openly as he scratched the side of his face, "But, by osmosis, I picked up the skill of being able to remember 1-10- no, 1-121 top heroes. So long as I have a picture or a description of their quirk," He said, crossing his arms as he looked off to the side, coming to a realization, "I guess that really isn't much of a skill though."

While he conversed with Sunao, Toshiro made sure to pay intricate attention to his surroundings. He noticed the entrance of two other students, a guy, and a girl. The guy he could very clearly tell he's never seen before, but the way he carried himself caught a slight bit of intrigue to form inside Toshiro. He seemed a little more knowledgeable and seasoned than many other students. At least, that's how it felt. The other one was a girl; her face seemed familiar. With that in mind, it was clear she was someone who was at the entrance exam, simply another person he'd have to get acquainted with when the chance arose. Something a lot more critical caught his attention, however. One of the girls in the classroom, Emiko was her name if he had heard correctly, had raised a question that Toshiro was very invested in himself. The quirks of some of the other classmates. She seemed to be explicitly addressing Yakta and another girl who had brown hair just like her, though he hadn't heard her name as far as he had recalled. Nevertheless, while keeping his attention on Sunao, Toshiro kept an ear out for any useful information, knowing his classmates' quirks was sure to pay off, and the earlier, the better.

Hearing Yakta's quirk from her lips didn't surprise Toshiro. It was a simple quirk like she said, but such a simplistic quirk could be reliable in many situations, some he could name off the cuff. Still, he hoped he would hear more from eavesdropping on the conversation.

Last edited:

nurui

healthy
INTERACTS: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
MENTIONS: --

Nurui raised one of his eyebrows.

A little waver in her voice hinted that what she was saying might not be the truth, but it probably wouldn’t be much of a first impression to call her out on it. “That’s impressive!” He said, playing into what she’d said. “I would’ve expected everyone in the room to be a little on edge — it’s their first day at U.A., what’s there to be composed about? I was going to come over here just to tell you it’s okay to be nervous, but I guess there’s no need for that.” He beamed.

He glanced around, catching a couple of spikes, it seemed like, retracting back into his peer’s tail. “It seems not many are as nervous as I was though…” He remarked quietly, mostly to himself, offering his own wave in response to a waving tail. “I’m Nurui, but you can just call me Fish! I’d offer you a handshake, but I’ve got a bit of a weird texture to my skin.” He rubbed his hands together, and the resulting sound was very loosely similar to skin touching skin, but a lot closer stirring pasta.

Or maybe playing in thick mud.

He threw in that last part at the mention of quirks being an icebreaker, and it definitely gave Nurui something else to talk about. Sure, there was a lot more to his quirk than just being sticky, but there wasn’t much he could do to show the other facets of his quirk while they were in the classroom. He wished he’d seen the entrance exam this year so he’d already have an idea about who made it into U.A. this year, but it wasn’t anything to be upset over. He’d find out at some point, and rather than just going around straight up asking people what their quirk was, there was a question that was a lot more courteous to ask: “What’s your name?”

code by low fidelity.

Nurui raised one of his eyebrows. A little waver in her voice hinted that what she was saying might not be the truth, but it probably wouldn’t be much of a first impression to call her out on it. “That’s impressive!” He said, playing into what she’d said. “I would’ve expected everyone in the room to be a little on edge — it’s their first day at U.A., what’s there to be composed about? I was going to come over here just to tell you it’s okay to be nervous, but I guess there’s no need for that.” He beamed.

He glanced around, catching a couple of...spikes, it seemed like, retracting back into his peer’s tail. “It seems not many are as nervous as I was though…” He remarked quietly, mostly to himself, offering his own wave in response to a waving tail. “I’m Nurui, but you can just call me Fish. I’d offer you a handshake, but I’ve got a bit of a weird texture to my skin.” He rubbed his hands together, and the resulting sound was very loosely similar to skin touching skin, but a lot closer stirring pasta.

Or maybe playing in thick mud.

The mention of quirks being an icebreaker definitely gave Nurui something else to talk about. Sure, there was a lot more to his quirk than just being sticky, but there wasn’t much he could do to show the other facets of his quirk while they were in the classroom. A demonstration would be a better summary than an explanation. He wished he’d seen the entrance exam this year so he’d already have an idea about who made it into U.A. this year, but it wasn’t anything to be upset over. He’d find out at some point, and rather than just going around straight up asking people what their quirk was, there was a question that was a lot more courteous to ask: “What’s your name?”

Interacts: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Mentions: --

Flora.

Flora felt bad that she had lied about her nervousness, as this boy, Nurui, or Fish, confided that he was nervous, and now Flora couldn't assure him just how nervous she was, too. But she liked his nickname, Fish, and looked at his scaly hands intently before responding a little more confidently with her own name.

"I'm Flora!" She smirked a bit, scratching her head. "It's almost as if my parents knew what my quirk was going to be." She was silent for a second, and then realized that naturally, Fish didn't know what her quirk was. "Oh! My quirk has two parts. If I'm within 50ft of a tree I can manipulate its roots. And my skin acts as living soil, so if I plant a seed in it I can grow stuff. I don't use that part as much, though." She decided not to launch into the fairly gory details of why. "I call it 'Roots and Shoots'." She confided, suddenly feeling like that was the cringiest name ever. "Or 'Roots and Roses'... It's... still in the works." Why are you talking so much!? You're so awkward...

Interacts: sheesh sheesh GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

The alarm clock rang and Astral Jostled up from the bed, she turned off the alarm mumbling about her hatred towards them, she quickly freshed up and got ready and finished up her hair in a long high ponytail, after hugging her emotional mother bye (And crying herself) she quickly grabbed an apple from nearby and ate it for on the walk, she preferred walking over other means of transports.
And soon she was again standing in front of the same prestigious, grinning with happiness she went ahead..she had to go to Class 1-A at first she panicked she could’t find it but then after a few min she found herself right in front of it…and late. “Oh…God!” Astral exclaimed, gaining her posture she opened the door to a buzzing classroom.
Luckily the teacher hadn’t come yet she looked around and saw Flora..but she was talking to someone…she couldn’t seem to find Hokkai anymore, neither were Grace and Hana there..sighing, she realised this was gonna be like every other year, she might need to sit alone..with no friends, she scanned the back and sat in the very dark corner and for good measures she put up her cloak‘s hood up and hid herself waiting for when the teacher would arrive.

mentions: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Silent Child Silent Child (Emmaline)

nurui

healthy
INTERACTIONS: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour
MENTIONS:

“Roots n’ Roses, huh?” He smiled. It was pretty bad, but in a way Nurui could appreciate. Making names for things could be hard sometimes. Nurui caught an inkling of a twinge in Flora’s face. Maybe she thought it was bad too? When it came to quirks, attaching simple names to things that could be so wildly complex seemed inappropriate. If she’d just named the quirk something inane like ‘Human Soil,’ Nurui probably would’ve tried to recommend a new name right off the bat. Instead, he said: “I like it. Really rolls off the tongue; easy to say, you know?”

“I’d tell you about my quirk, but you can already probably guess by my hands.”
He scratched the back of his head and smiled sheepishly. “I kind of just turn into a big fish, is all. It’s kind of hard to explain without pictures, you know…?”

“Or maybe you don’t know.”

“I mean…”

“It’s like…”

“You’ll see at some point! I promise there’s more to it than what I’ve said.”
He scratched his chin. “But speaking of things to be said...do you like...carry tree seeds on you? I feel like you might be out of luck in an urban environment — you know, there being no trees at all, unless you want to defend a park from some thugs.” He joked, but he did think the quirk was pretty conditional. She’d probably be pretty scary if Nurui caught her on a bad day while he was going on a walk in a forest somewhere.

“I’d be pretty out of luck if I didn’t have any water.” He swallowed hard. Not particularly because the thought of being out of water scared him, but now that he thought about it, he was parched...and hungry. What else was new? For a moment he frowned. He considered that he might have to correct himself. It wasn’t the first time he’d said he would be in trouble if he “didn’t have any water,” and this might be one of many times it was misconstrued as him being in trouble if he wasn’t in water. Given his nickname, he couldn’t blame anyone for thinking that. He decided to hold off on correcting himself. Maybe he wouldn’t need to.

’...Are there trees in the entrance exam…?'

code by low fidelity.

“Roots n’ Roses, huh?” He smiled. It was pretty bad, but in a way Nurui could appreciate. Making names for things could be hard sometimes. Nurui caught an inkling of a twinge in Flora’s face. Maybe she thought it was bad too? When it came to quirks, attaching simple names to things that could be so wildly complex seemed inappropriate. If she’d just named the quirk something inane like ‘Human Soil,’ Nurui probably would’ve tried to recommend a new name right off the bat. Instead, he said: “I like it. Really rolls off the tongue; easy to say, you know?”

“I’d tell you about my quirk, but you can already probably guess by my hands.”
He scratched the back of his head and smiled sheepishly. “I kind of just turn into a big fish, is all. It’s kind of hard to explain without pictures, you know…?”

“Or maybe you don’t know.”

“I mean…”

“It’s like…”

“You’ll see at some point! I promise there’s more to it than what I’ve said.”
He scratched his chin. “But speaking of things to be said...do you like...carry tree seeds on you? I feel like you might be out of luck in an urban environment — you know, there being no trees at all, unless you want to defend a park from some thugs.” He joked, but he did think the quirk was pretty conditional. She’d probably be pretty scary if Nurui caught her on a bad day while he was going on a walk in a forest somewhere.

“I’d be pretty out of luck if I didn’t have any water.” He swallowed hard. Not particularly because the thought of being out of water scared him, but now that he thought about it, he was parched...and hungry. What else was new? For a moment he frowned. He considered that he might have to correct himself. It wasn’t the first time he’d said he would be in trouble if he “didn’t have any water,” and this might be one of many times it was misconstrued as him being in trouble if he wasn’t in water. Given his nickname, he couldn’t blame anyone for thinking that. He decided to hold off on correcting himself. Maybe he wouldn’t need to.

’...Are there trees in the entrance exam…?'

Interactions: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Yanagi Hara
c0uREq1.png

A small little orb of light floated in the classroom the light it gave off being dimmed given how bright it was in the room as it simply hovered just in the corner keeping out of the fray as it simply hovered in place. Quite uninteresting over-all of a sight considering the far more interesting students to talk too if a little strange. It would probably be a more alarming thing for someone more aware the fact it was acting like a camera viewing everyone in the room. Its observer situated not far away peeping in through the little wisp keeping it a safe distance away in the already lit up corner from which she had phased it through a wall and situated it perfectly in as to not be too blatent in its appearance. It was a technique she worked hard on using after all, doing completely reputable activities of coarse and not peeping on random people in her appartment complex or anything. She was clearly a good girl who wouldn't do such nosy curious things like that!

There were several people she recognized from the entrance exam. Few she had the chance of seeing their quirks though recalling many when it came to the scores. There were others who seemed new... whether it was perhaps just not having seen them at all at the entrance exam (after all there were many people there it wouldn't be unexpected to miss a face or two) or perhaps ones that managed to get accepted in without the exam. Quite lucky she had to say given there were others who had to take an exam that wasn't quite as well fitted for their abilities. The girl's wisp kept as it was hovering in the corner as she made out as much as she could perked against the wall with a small notepad.

Let's see who we have here.... whatever you want... Lizard dude I guess works as a name... oh wait Tokage... sleepy head from the exam... Yakta... think... Togashi? Then my friend Zella is talking to a shy girl Emiko... weird suit person Taric... the creeper Toshiro... we got a Han... shorty Son Su... Hiromi.... another shy but not shy one Flora... Nurui the blond fish... hmm... I guess thats about all... I can get little bits and details but its always so hard to spy on people with so many talking at once. If only I could make my wisp fully invisible to get closer... I could find out so much more juicy info!

Yanagi talked to herself a bit in her head tapping the bottom of the pen against her notepad before flipping it up, tucking it away in her button up shirt in an inside pocket. She was really bad at not being nosy. Her curiousity always got the best of her wanting to know more and always trying to pry it before she would even go up to a person. The amount of times she awkwardly would call someone back at her home by their name without having met them before and the weird looks she would get. She would be lying if she didn't find a little bit of amusement out of it. The girl held her hand out as the wisp in the classroom 1-A suddenly slipped back into the wall slipping through before popping out of the wall near her as her hand was stretched. The light orb floating over before returning into herself.

The girl smiling brightly as she slipped over to the door cracking it open glancing out as to not be too supsicious seeing the halls weren't very packed as she slipped out of the empty classroom sauntering her way up. The girl putting on a bright bubbly smile as she stepped into the class glancing around as if looking on for the first time, despite having a clear easy read of the entire room already and most of the people inside outside any moving and interacting they had done in the last few minutes. Her eyes shifted to Zella with a bright smile on her lips holding her arms out wide.

"Zelllllla!" She called out happily moving forward practically pouncing on the girl for a nice warm hug. Not at all showing an ounce of hesitation in her actions. The girls warm smile glowed as she glanced over noticing the strange girl Yakta she had noted down with 'that guy' from the other day seeming to be nearby finding a bit strange that Zella seemed to be talking to him still holding a bit of a grudge though her smile looking at him hid such a detail. Lizard guy wasn't all to far away either and the new short person as well who seemed to be focused upon her though much more distracted away from Zella to bother giving but the briefest of glances. She pulled away from her embrace after a few seconds giving a brief wave to those nearby not seeming to direct it towards anyone in particular.

"Yanagi at your service!" She spoke quite bubbly bowing her head in response. A very broad and scatter shot introduction to herself to a bunch of people who she already had spent a good little bit spying on from the other room secretly.

Location: Empty Classroom Next Door -> Entering 1-A Classroom

Interacting: Noct Noct
Mentioned: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter grudge grudge Archdemon Archdemon simj26 simj26 (Several others vaguely, don't worry just innocent spying on you)

download20210500015632.pngZella giggled alongside Toshiro's quips, and then her attention was drawn to Sunao as he spoke in an unconfident, yet casual manner. He seemed fast to make jokes towards himself, Zella found it pathetic, that someone who got a recommendation to the Academy would be so outwardly self-deprecating. Could it be an act, a ploy to make others underestimate him, so he can quietly surpass them all and become the standout student that everyone's eyes would be on, but then again, he could just be actually that pathetic. From Zella's point of view, anyone who doesn't love themselves the most in life, is truly, utterly sad. She felt pity for the boy more than anything, should his self-confidence really turn out to be that low. She wouldn't mirror her thoughts aloud however and instead just waved silently as the boy introduced himself.

As Yakta denied any sighting of Yanagi, Zella responded in a dejected manner, "Well she better get here soon, who knows when we will start." She said to the group as Toshiro gave his thoughts on his parent's hobby. She noted Toshiro's behavior towards the hobby and inferred that that's likely where his ideology on heroism likely came from, after all, an over abundance of heroes in your life could quickly turn you off the idea of being a typical hero yourself. She felt she could better understand where Toshiro came from, as her eyes were once again drawn to him as he spoke. The way the boy always commanded her attention was something to note, as she found her feelings towards the boy hard to describe. She respected the boy more than anyone in the room as he was brave enough to show his atypical personality to the class, despite his personality really being one that could easily get him in trouble, as he often belittled others. He was very hard to read, often providing words that directly contrasted the way he said them. It was simple, Zella saw him as an equal, the only one in the class she thought was an equal from first impressions. Perhaps her inner judgement was clouded by something else about him she just couldn't shake, but, that what her feeling were at the moment.

Zella's eyes narrowed as they began discussing quirks near her, she wanted the conversation to quickly stray from the topic, she wasn't Toshiro, she didn't really care at all who had what quirk, and the only thing that comes from conversations like these are more people wanting to use herself as a shield, the thought of those sorts of people in the class likely existing agitated her to no end. Of course, if it came to it, she would obviously use her quirk to assist her classmates, but people knowing of it as a whole would open up the floodgates, after all, she is only one person, and she doesn't want to give some of her fellow classmates an excuse to behave stupidly in order to test her limits.

It was then when Yanagi took her by surprise, startling her out of her daydream-esque thoughts on Toshiro, as she was very obviously staring at the boy. "There you are, I was wondering when you were going to show up!" She exclaimed to the girl as she quickly shifted her mood to greet the girl and return the hug. The girl's bubbly demeanor was one to strive for, as she seemed a lot happier than most. As the hug ended Zella returned to her standing position and introduced Yanagi to the group, as well as to mention the others in the group, or at least the ones she could recall. She took it upon herself to quickly catch the girl up on the names of the others. "So Yanagi, you already met Toshi, and then we have the lizard trio of, Yakta, Tokago, and Sunao, and I think his name was Rick or something, aaaaaaanndd, that's all I immediately remember, it shouldn't matter right now though, we should learn that during attendance or something, no rush to get these things right." She played off her misremembering of Tokage's and Taric's names, along with the sheer non-mentioning of the others, as she pointed them out to her dear friend. Clearly her interests were not fully set on names or quirks right now as she was preoccupied with other thoughts. "We should probably get to our seats, though, right?" She said to the group, some already seated. It was more so directed at those still standing, as she wanted to wait to see where the others were seated before she would take a seat.

Mentioned/interacted: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter grudge grudge Hanarei Hanarei simj26 simj26 Archdemon Archdemon Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (OTHERS IN AREA)

Sonoda"Huh." Sunao remarked lamely at Toshiro's comment about having memorised about a hundred-strong of the top heroes. It was possible then that he could put a name to the face that haunted his thoughts. "Well, have you heard about this lady--" he stopped himself there. What use was it to know who she was? Something deep inside him whispered to him, telling him that he was better off not ever knowing. Maybe she wasn't even part of the 121 heroes that Toshiro committed to memory. That would be an upset, wouldn't it? Being scouted by somebody that wasn't even in the popular ratings? How pathetic. It would serve to demean him more than he already did to himself, and while he was certain that he could probably do better than that, he didn't need unwanted attention drawn to himself like that. Having gotten here by means of luck, and by ways of some nobody, even, was not going to sit well with many. His eyes darted across the room, and for the slightest of moments, he could feel a couple of stares thrown his way, though they faded away in time, being drawn elsewhere. Naturally, his tactics were flawless. He may not have the aptitude for presence, but he did have the talent for absence. He resisted the urge to smirk. He returned his attention to Toshiro, and laughed. "Sorry, nevermind. I...forgot what I wanted to ask. I had the face and all, but the memory just vanished, into thin air. Guess my body's not the only thing that does that, huh?" He chuckled, while quietly noting that the others had already turned their attention elsewhere. Good. He didn't need eyes on him all the time. He would have been melted under all those gazes. Not his idea of a good time. Toshiro, however, seemed to still be interested in conversing with him.

Seemed to.

Sunao didn't think he had the knack of reading other people well, but he was confident in saying that he was, at the very least, gifted with some level of intuition of character, especially since people-watching was more or less essential when one wanted to blend in easily. Toshiro was clever, that much he could tell, as much as Yakta craved attention and adoration. Even as he spoke to the chameleon, the young man was picking up things from his surroundings, committing them to his memory. Was that his Quirk? Increased intelligence? He must have been some kinda guy to have earned his place here with that sort of Quirk. Sunao sighed, and shrugged. He supposed the most he could do here was to play the Horatio to Toshiro's Hamlet. The guy wants to learn, he'll get to learn. Even if he was just eavesdropping, it wouldn't take long for someone with sharper ears and eyes to notice what he was doing. Sunao stood up, spun himself and his chair around so he was facing Toshiro, and dropped himself back onto his seat, leaning forwards with his fingers steepled. "So, tell me about these heroes, yeah? I'm not a big fan myself- I more or less kind of kept my head out of it all. I've watched news and the like of their exploits, but I never really, y'know, given them much thought." He scowled. "I didn't plan on ending up here myself. My recommender more or less pressed me into this, and I couldn't say no to a lady. That said..." He looked furtively to one side, then spoke to Toshiro in hushed tones. "What's your type, huh?" He was just trying to make conversation, and honestly, this was the kind of thing someone like a 'bro' would lead with. It was no question that their class was half-populated by fairly attractive girls their age.

Interacting with: Toshiro ( grudge grudge )

Interactions: simj26 simj26 Noct Noct Hanarei Hanarei
Mentions: sheesh sheesh Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Toshiro raised an eyebrow as Susano was prepared to question him about who he assumed to be a pro hero before quickly retracting his statement, saying that the face he had in mind had vanished from his mind. He was slightly disappointed by this. He always liked backing up his words when a chance presented itself, but it didn't even take a second for him to get over it, shrugging. "That's too bad. Well, if you ever remember, I'm not going anywhere."

As the conversation with Susano dragged on, Toshiro vaguely felt like he was getting a better grip on his personality. He seemed quite unsure of himself and his worth, like a peasant among nobles. At the very least, his character seemed to match his quirk, but Toshiro felt like his classmate had a lot of growth potential, more than many others in this class, he included. But, that was just his personal feelings on the matter. Despite that, he did not doubt that Susano would eventually come into his own; he was in his class, the class that was destined to be the strongest.

While he evaluated Susano, his concentration briefly veered off to take attention to the two students he took note of earlier but initially wrote off their conversation; however, as it turned into a discussion about quirks, he made sure to take mental notes. For example, Nurui has a quirk that involved turning into a big fish based on what he heard, something he would like to see a demonstration of for sure. The other one, Flora, could control the roots of trees and treat her flesh like soil. He agreed with Narui assessment that she would be disadvantaged in an urban environment. As he mulled over that, an idea popped into his head, something he'd have to keep in mind if he and Flora ever ended up collaborating on a task in the future.

His broad observation was promptly interrupted as Susano leaned up closer to him. At first, it seemed he wanted a harmless conversation about pro heroes, something that Toshiro would be excited to talk about. He had a handful of things to say about hero society as a whole and would always be eager to hear people's thoughts on it as well, but Susano tossed that expectation of conversation out the window as he presented him his true intentions, a question of Toshiro's taste in women in a hushed whisper. Toshiro gave back a sly smirk as he leaned forward as well to answer him. "Well, in all honesty. I like a girl who can defy my expectations, it's not interesting if I can predict them, y'know? I'd be happy if they could keep me second-guessing myself," Toshiro explained his preferences, despite the grin he wore on his face, what he liked seemed well-intentioned enough-

"That being said..." He trailed off, pushing up his glasses as a completely new expression graced his features, a frown of absolute seriousness as he made his statement. "I'm a big fan of Tifa from Final Fantasy 7."

Just then, a scream distracted him from the intellectual discussion he was having with his peer, looking over his shoulder to see Zella get jumped on, being dragged into a hug. It wasn't hard to tell who it was; he could easily recall the girl's flashy clothes during the exam when he spotted her after the exam. So naturally, now knowing her name, he could replace her title as 'Zella's friend' with 'Yanagi'. But, seeing as Zella had taken the initiative to introduce him, Toshiro didn't bother, instead of using it as a chance to poke at his classmate harmlessly, returning to his usual sneer. "Oi Zel, how did you end up becoming friends with someone so peppy? It would help if you let her rub off on you some. It'd make your company a lot more enjoyable!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back