• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Our Eternal - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hewo! Now I couldn't find info on the exact rules of the setting in terms of its realism on the interest check, so let me ask here about the settings rules on magic. Does it exist outside the darkness, if so, what are its restrictions and common ways to manifest, how common is it in general, etc.

Hewo! Now I couldn't find info on the exact rules of the setting in terms of its realism on the interest check, so let me ask here about the settings rules on magic. Does it exist outside the darkness, if so, what are its restrictions and common ways to manifest, how common is it in general, etc.
"Magic" exists within the relics they've been passed down upon. Most of them are however mostly enhancement (speed, power, stealth, etc) however there can be healing relics and trap relics. I'll write those down in the lore section. The great darkness will be explained soon as well in the lore. Will give an update once I got it down. :)

"Magic" exists within the relics they've been passed down upon. Most of them are however mostly enhancement (speed, power, stealth, etc) however there can be healing relics and trap relics. I'll write those down in the lore section. The great darkness will be explained soon as well in the lore. Will give an update once I got it down. :)
That works really well with an idea I already have, who would have ancestral weapons that were passed down and grant her certain effects while she wields them. Would we be able to create relics that our characters bear ourselves, would then of course be an important follow-up

That works really well with an idea I already have, who would have ancestral weapons that were passed down and grant her certain effects while she wields them. Would we be able to create relics that our characters bear ourselves, would then of course be an important follow-up
The relics can't be made yourselves no, but can be enhanced with precise rituals.

Considering what we have in lore, I would be looking to make a samurai character, or more specifically an onna bugeisha, so a female fighter of the bushi class. She would likely fight with a naginata as her main weapon, employing poisons of various kinds to serve her purposes.
She would come from a master that was known for his ruthless way of acquiring victory through any means necessary, making him fearsome, but not thought of as the most honorable by many. However, the stragety of prioritizing victory over fairness is a valuable asset in the fight against this common enemy, making the samurai from this master just as valuable.

Would that work?

What are the odds of getting a Discord running for this thread? In my experience it helps me communication a fair bit more consistent. But at the end of the day it’s your choice! I’m here for this plot either way!

Considering what we have in lore, I would be looking to make a samurai character, or more specifically an onna bugeisha, so a female fighter of the bushi class. She would likely fight with a naginata as her main weapon, employing poisons of various kinds to serve her purposes.
She would come from a master that was known for his ruthless way of acquiring victory through any means necessary, making him fearsome, but not thought of as the most honorable by many. However, the stragety of prioritizing victory over fairness is a valuable asset in the fight against this common enemy, making the samurai from this master just as valuable.

Would that work?
That would work indeed. :) Looks like an interesting character.

What are the odds of getting a Discord running for this thread? In my experience it helps me communication a fair bit more consistent. But at the end of the day it’s your choice! I’m here for this plot either way!
I might do so once this gets on track a bit more. ^^

Clouds Clouds Checking in with a couple of questions. How fantastical can a relic's power be? It sounds like you'd prefer things to be more grounded and subdued, but I just want to make sure.

Second, is a relic's power restricted to only one of the three categories?

Clouds Clouds Checking in with a couple of questions. How fantastical can a relic's power be? It sounds like you'd prefer things to be more grounded and subdued, but I just want to make sure.

Second, is a relic's power restricted to only one of the three categories?
They're more focused on self-enhancement, trap enchantments and healing abilities. Actual magic like e.g. Fire Beam doesn't exist.
A relic is indeed restricted to one category but one can have more relics they can use (just not simultaneously).

I'm glad to hear that, I think I have a solid concept in mind then. :3
Awesome !

Clouds Clouds Hi! I am currently working on building up my cs, but I wanted to run the idea I had by you just to be sure it fits what you had in mind for the story. I was going for the doctor role, and had an idea for a character that heals with a calligraphy brush as his relic. So for example if someone had a deep wound on their arm, he'd ink characters on their body that would activate the healing and allow them to recover. Would that work with the lore?

Clouds Clouds Hi! I am currently working on building up my cs, but I wanted to run the idea I had by you just to be sure it fits what you had in mind for the story. I was going for the doctor role, and had an idea for a character that heals with a calligraphy brush as his relic. So for example if someone had a deep wound on their arm, he'd ink characters on their body that would activate the healing and allow them to recover. Would that work with the lore?
Ooooh that's actually a cool idea. Go for it!

i have so many Ideas. i've been watching a lot of Naruto lately and I kinda of have an idea for something like the Sharingan, where she can anticipate her enemies movements and see someone's techniques and understand them, but then she would have to still work pretty hard to be able to physically do those techniques. i think physically she wouldn't be that strong, but she'd be good at strategy and win on technique, not strength.

would something like that be allowed? if not, i'll just figure out a different kind of trap technique.

Last edited:
i have so many Ideas. i've been watching a lot of Naruto lately and I kinda of have an idea for something like the Sharingan, where she can anticipate her enemies movements and see someone's techniques and understand them, but then she would have to still work pretty hard to be able to physically do those techniques. i think physically she wouldn't be that strong, but she'd be good at strategy and win on technique, not strength.

would something like that be allowed? if not, i'll just figure out a different kind of trap technique.
So something like high developed intuition then? I'd say go for it though, it goes along the lines with the relics I had in mind. :)

Clouds Clouds
Would the rp start with the characters all meeting as new members of the eternal clan, or would they have met before?
Do you think Oda would have heard Miyoshi as "The Viper of the Musashi Clan" before?
Just to see if there would be some sort of relationship or opinion of each other beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back