Otherworldly

Angelique Adeline

Angelique woke with a start, her angel blade clutched so tightly in her hand that her knuckles ached. Her father had come to her again, putting her through dream training that transferred into the real world. He said it was because he wanted her safe, but she knew her father's true concern was the safety and prosperity of the people of Novae Terrae that she had been sent to so valiantly protect. She sat up in her tent, her skin bare and her wings folded against her back as her clothing and armor lay next to her. She brushed her hair over one shoulder, rising into a standing position. She headed down to the lake to bathe herself, making sure to keep her wings spread wide so they could stay dry. It was difficult, though not impossible, to fly with dampened wings. Her clothing, armor, and angel blade lay on a rock on the shoreline, and Angel let herself sink into her own little world.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a massive flash in the sky, like lightning, as the Godway Engine returned to the mortal plane. To mortals, however, this didn't happen. Strangely, the magic used in the Godway Engine was invisible to the mortal eye.

The Conductor felt the presence of another angel nearby - which was odd to him; he could've sworn that there weren't many angels roaming the mortal plane. 'Odd,' he thought, 'I wonder which one it is.' He decides to leave the Engine hovering in the sky, and to use his bronze-plate wings to fly down to Angelique.

@Tori Bradley

Angelique Adeline

Angel sensed another of her kind nearby, and she followed the feeling until she could feel its presence behind her on the shore. She kept her bare body beneath the water, her back turned to the other angel. She remained silent for awhile, waiting for them to say something, but nothing came. She just continued to feel their gaze on her back where her wings were stretched wide, hovering above the water. Eventually, she decided to speak up herself.

"It's not polite to stare," she said in her soft, melodic tone.

Angelique Adeline

Angelique emerged slowly from the water, her fair skin shimmering with water as she reached for her clothes. As she dressed, she appraised the hovering angel before her. His bronze plated wings were very different from her pure white ones. She thought of his question, and wondered the same thing about him. Wise eyes, aged beyond the years of most beings, met his as she smiled. Fully dressed now, she folded her wings against her back and sheathed her blade, holstering it at her waist. 

"I'm an Archangel. I was sent to this plane to protect it's inhabitants," she said. "If I may ask, why are you here?" 

"Me? I've been here for eons. I take the souls of the innovative and take them to the beyond. And that is my chariot with which I do so."

As he says this, he gestures to the Godway Engine. Angelique may recognize him as The Conductor, an age old angel who carries souls to the realm of his patron, Motus, the God of Industry. There is iron in the world because of the earth god, and it melts down because of the fire god, but it is Motus who is responsible for it turning to steel. It is said that in his realm, souls simply create whatever they want, to do whatever they want, and sometime may even bend the laws of physics themselves. The Godway Engine is a result of such reckless experimentation.

"Hmm...I recognize your face, but I can't place it. Which is your patron?"

@Tori Bradley

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelique Adeline

Angel knew who he was the moment she saw the Godway Engine in the skies above them. He was the Conductor, an angel nearly as old as the earth who carried souls to the realm of the God from which he came. That realm had generated many of the angelic weapons Angel's garrison used.

"Michael is my father. I am his eldest daughter. My name is Angelique," she said. 

"Ah, Michael? Been a while since I've met him. So, your Angelique, huh? My name is the Conductor. How do you do?"

The Conductor bows his head slightly, after flying down to the shore to greet her. He wasn't a fan of meeting people while he was flying; he didn't like the idea of being above people when meeting them. His eyes shone with a metallic gleen, and radiated confidence from them. Yet, there was something else. A hint of...sadness to them? Boredom? Whatever it was, the Conductor had learnt to hide it as to not make others worry. He worked alone, and was even the only angel under Motus's command, and as a result learned how to work fast. He may be known for 'sinning' from now and then, or even point blank breaking some of the rules of being an angel, but he is also known for his efficiency and speed at which he works. Truly, a perfect servant of the God of Industry.

Angelique Adeline

"I'm doing well, Conductor. Thank you for the concern," she said. She stretched her wings out. They stretched ten feet on either side, giving her a twenty foot wingspan. Covered in white feathers, they were as tall as her and came out of her back at her shoulder blades. When she wanted, she could hide them away beneath her skin, but she preferred to keep them out. That way, no one could pin them. Pinning her wings was the only way to make her defenseless, and weakness was Angelique's greatest adversary.

"I've heard many good things about you. But..." she trailed off, her golden eyes meeting his, "...I have also heard bad."

"Oh? Bad?"

His face showed a mischievous smirk, as he folded his wings away. To him, his wings were more useful folded away than spread out, because they acted as armour for him. As he moves his wings, a small crackle of electricity flows through them, ending up at the tip. 

Angelique Adeline

Angel eyed him speculatively. "Yes. Unfortunately, I have heard that you've sinned before. Minor things, things you can't get penalized for. Though your actions do define your reputation," she said. She folded her wings against her back and crossed her arms. "You've broken angelic law."

"I've broken your angelic law, not mine. After all, why should we suffer an eternity of loneliness and boredom if we do our job well? Thankfully for me, my god and I see eye to eye on such matters."

He casually puts his hands into his overall pockets, his thumb on the outside. He reeks of confidence and power, and his posture is more that of a king than that of a simple servant.

"Don't get me wrong, I am a saint amongst the mortals. Just not against the angels."

He doesn't sin more than a normal mortal man, and has had very few love affairs. Don't get him wrong, he is a nice enough guy, it's just that he isn't a particularly clean angel.

Users who are viewing this thread