• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Osiria Academy Old (Discontinued)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
James Sanderson

James wasn't going to stay.
He had just decided to run away and escape the freezer once he began to gain movement in his legs, but Isroh's episode seemed to cover him in invisible glue. He couldn't find it in himself to leave the Wendigo. Quite bitterly, he realized that he felt as if he owed the man. Isroh had... calmed him down. Isroh must've been nice for this exact reason... so that James would feel indebted. It worked, but James stayed quite hesitantly.
A breath caught in his throat as Isroh talked about his death. It was something that he didn't want to picture, yes... but what got him was the mention of 'hell'. What did the Wendigo do to go to hell...? James glanced at the man before quickly averting his eyes to the ground. Isroh ate someone. He couldn't keep being so surprised. It was evident enough... Isroh wasn't-... he wasn't a good person.

The young man but his lip, unsure of what to say, or how to attempt to comfort the other man. "Do you-, do you remember when you uhm-, when you, died...?" The question didn't taste right in his mouth, and he nearly stopped when he was halfway through asking it. In an effort to calm the nerves that came from talking to a terrified dead man, he tried focusing on the hum of the freezer, and how the misty air felt as he breathed it in.
"Never- Nevermind, I'm sorry."

Isroh shakes his head thinking of how to word his speech on a way that wouldn’t sound so horrible. But he eventually came to the realization that might be impossible. Sugar coating death was never easy nor was talking about it.

Sadly terrified was not quite the right word for Isroh’s current feelings. More like a shell-shocked stupor.
“No no, it’s quite alright. It’s not like it’s something I’m afraid to talk about I just figured no one would want to know.” The devil shrugs.

“I was taken by a cult. Painted up like a sacrifical lamb then had human blood poured down my throat untill I choked. And then I was beaten to death as part of a ritual. Untill I looked like this.” The devil notions to himself, referencing the bruising. “I took on six men’s worth of sins that day. Sins of men who were willing to kill a child to escape their consequences.”

The devil snorts, eyes glazing over in what may be just a light flash of anger. “I remember their faces. And one day they’ll remember mine.” Isroh takes a big swig of his whiskey. “They made me a monster.”

James Sanderson

Judging by Isroh's initial hesitance, James reasoned that the man would have taken the out. However that didn't seem to be the case for the upset Wendigo. It was James' curiosity that gave the man pause. He had yet to find out whether it was good, bad, or meaningless. Although in his experience things were not often meaningless.
James didn't expect a description of the man's death, so he did not prepare for it. Yet as Isroh began speaking, James sorrily wished that he had. A chill ran down his spine as Isroh spoke words that no one could have foreseen. With each one, James grew more and more horrified; Not only in reaction to the gruesome trauma Isroh had been through, but at himself.

James shakily reached up to lightly cup his chin and touch a couple fingers to his mouth, as if it would stop him from revisiting the contents of his stomach. Who could lie about such things...? He could hear genuine anger in Isroh's voice, but could no longer find it within him to even glance at the man any more. He had no right.
James moved his hand to wipe his cheeks, sucking in a sharp breath as he looked at the frosty ground.
It wasn't Isroh's fault.
"I'm-, I'm sorry." James choked out. "I'm so sorry." To have such a burden thrust upon you... and then have someone come and just, assume-, James shook his head. He was no better than the ones within his memory. Their voices echoed within him every day. He could still feel their breath, hot on his face as they shoved him around.
And he was just like them.
"Isr- I-, I'm so sorry.."

Isroh was still stewing over memories. He still couldn't remember anything much before the whole cult incedent. How the hell did he end up there because the day of his death had been the first time he'd seen any of those men. Right? None of them seemed familiar, all equally terrifying with the rage of hell on their faces. Isroh downs another fourth of the bottle with ease. Eh, Eddies gonna have to bring me more fireball. The devil jokes, hoping to bury the grimness with humor but finding that rather difficult as poor James just seemed to break himself down more. Shit, if James thought death was bad, what comes next is worse. Hell is always worse.

Sorry? For what, You may not have even been born yet when that happened for all I know. Everythings really fuzzy. I think I'm still a teenager. I think. Maybe in my twenties at the latest, still unclear how long I was taking ye olde dirt nap. Even if it wasn't really a nap IN the dirt and more of just kind of being dumped somewhere. The disrespect murderers show corpses.

Look, don't feel bad, Shitty things happen. People are shitty. All I want is to find out exactly where I'm from and who I was. My real name isn't even Isroh. It's just a name I had to come up with because when I first arrived in hell an archdemon warned me a demon with no name is doomed to lose their personalities and what was left of their memories. So I have no name, no family history, no location and only a rough idea of what me or my parents looked like. I've looked through just about every missing child database, every john doe found, nothing. That's the most irritating part about all of this.

HuntedFox HuntedFox

James Sanderson

James almost lost himself.
Even Isroh's voice, which had helped in keeping him somewhat grounded, seemed fuzzy; A distant echo. Being around Isroh brought forward so many memories that he wished to forget, and he barely understood why. He had a muddy past, yeah, but Isroh's past looked black. With everything considered... it hardly seemed fair. Isroh was so strong. The Wendigo refused to let what happened break him. It fueled him. And the man was still searching. Still fighting.
And here he was. Right beside that very man, with experiences that couldn't compare to the horrors he had just been told, the weakest person he ever knew. He didn't just let it break him. He was shattered. He had given up on fighting such a long time ago that he forgot how. And searching... searching was impossible. He was told that is was. Who was he to disagree..?

James slowly looked over at Isroh, feeling a stab of guilt for even laying eyes on the demon. He wanted to tell the man that he didn't mean to think the things he did. To... assume, the things he did about Isroh. He wanted to tell the man that it was alright to be angry at him. To be furious. Isroh seemed strong enough to be furious. And James knew that he deserved it.
He wished that the man would stop trying to comfort him. It didn't feel right, and he knew that he could feel less guilty if Isroh were angry.

James watched Isroh as he finished explaining the predicament he was in, trying to find out who he used to be. He wondered if who Isroh used to be, was any better than the man he was now. The young red-head looked back down, hiding his face in his knees for a moment before mustering up what scraps of imaginary courage he had left. Whatever the answer was, Isroh confided in him, and now was his chance to challenge the Wendigo and make him angry again.

"'Isroh'..." He started quietly, keeping his eyes on the ground. "It's... it's a good name." Swallowing, he looked back up at Isroh, trying to keep his timid voice from wavering as he ushered out the soft words that were in his head.
"Would-, would having a different name... would it change you..?"

Last edited:
K Kenopsia Demonhunter Demonhunter GrimNight GrimNight
Alex jabbed the snake , and held on to the handle. She couldn't lose this chance to end the fight , but at the same time she wanted to tease the snake and the others.
Smiling broadly , Alex lifted the blade and swung in the air towards the snake’s head. She threw the blade at the snake’s head and landed right in front of it. “Please die you frikin worm.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back