• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Originality is the spice of life.

The Lost Dae

About the Dae
so I might be new to RPNation, this much is true, I have been roleplaying for quite a time and have a lot of fun, I do a lot of OC/OC or OC/Canon, RP's I prefer to create my own characters versus using one that has been pre-established, and I do prefer to work in Original worlds. Though if someone has an interesting enough story or a good premise I would definitely consider doing fandom. Now with that out of the way, I generally write multiple paragraphs and don't really like going below one paragraph, so would prefer that, however again this depends on the person and the story, as I will go lower if that is what is needed, though my own posts tend to be two paragraphs if I can help it. I have been roleplaying for fifteen years, give or take, so I am an adult, and while I don't mind adult content I prefer the fade to black rule for certain stuff, which also complies to this site's rules.

Rules
I know nobody likes the rules but they're necessary for the understanding of each other

1.) Don't be rude, I know I shouldn't have to say this but I've found that some times it needs to be said.
2.) Please be at least semi-literate, this doesn't mean you have to be of Shakespearian quality, but at least be able to write more than one sentence.
3.) Have fun, yes this is a rule, it shall not be denied.

Instead of Posting a list of genres, as soo many others do that, I will give you some of my characters and if you think they'll fit with a character of yours, or you would like to know them better, feel free to drop me a PM or a response here :D
Looking forward to hearing from you
Dae (day)

Name: Shannon Carter (nickname Shannie)
Appearance:
DaI02s7gOIhfzVrR4ly9-M8Ceweyg6n73sz7tm9dmbhi8EQWPjFSCShykCUQ4AksmnXC7XrQ-HJeot0W8mYTdFSB18iDy-DBRh_FuJ8p0qvJy5TsITeayyMdVqY6FfYZwyypC6V2

(her left leg below the knee is now prosthetic)
Personality:
The quiet girl that you expect to see sitting in the front of all the classes doing her best to not stand out, while being at the top of her class for grades. If you were to observe her you would find her incredibly passionate and dedicated to music. Music is her life and her driving force, her one reprieve from a world that has given her nothing save for the pain of that has gone through what she has.
She sometimes vanishes from school with no reason or pattern to it, simply vanishing only to return a day or so later.
History:
Shannie was a normal girl prior to a year ago, Yes she was skilled with several musical instruments and enjoyed playing them, but she still had fun and had a close group of friends. That all changed about a year ago when her family was involved in a terrible car accident that took both her parents lives and left her and her sister, her identical twin and best friend, incredibly injured. While Shannie lost a leg, her sister lost the use of her lower body.
They were fortunate in that their parents weren't poor, in fact, others would have said they were wealthy, so Shannie hasn't had to find a job to support the pair of them, which she doubts she would be able to do while maintaining her studies.
She spent two months in hospital as she learned how to walk again, two months of agony watching her sister suffer under the burden of never being able to walk again. During those trying times, she spent most of it playing the violin that the hospital just happened to have for her sister, one of the few things she enjoyed.

Shannie thought about giving up on music for sometime after the accident as every time she picked up the violin to play, her heart would break, remembering her parents would never again hear the music she made, that her sister would never again feel the grass between her toes.
Her sister, however, begged her to keep playing, if only for her, so she does.
When things get too much for her to be able to handle she usually retreats to a quiet place to play whatever instrument is at hand. Most afternoons she can be found sitting beside her sisters' bed in the hospital and playing for her, or just gossiping about the day she's had.

Siblings:
Jessica Carter

Special Talents:
Can play the following instruments,
Piano, Violin, Guitar, Drums, Viola, Flute.
Has been said that she is a prodigy with the instruments, and is expected to get a full ride scholarship through university with her music.

Name: Chitose
Appearance:
NnsXPGR_-rbxZmoSHXjmdF_-i8YpZ0YMPb3ZpD1pYGsjnyQWBQs53sIN5MaOU26r8DNnrFy3CTvkHOyePJDKteE1zIv50ArMz1uvd87Z6TpCvHDRKCjPZguCbaVNk3ZNVIusZ06u

Though her clothes are more appropriate to the time frame being a short black kimono with purple trims to it.
History:
It's not known how long ago Chitose died and came back as a ghost, she has been wondering the world trying to find answers, she appears mostly corporeal though which aids in her ability to interact with others and so has taken her far longer than it should have to come to terms with the fact she died. She is only now starting to understand that fact and with that comes the slow acceptance that she will never again touch another nor it'll they touch her.
If anyone were to ask her how long she had been in the state she is, she would answer a couple of days, but this is due to the way she perceives time, she honestly doesn't know if it has been a day or a thousand years as she has been alone since her re-awakening she has had nobody that can anchor her to any kind of timeline.
The current town she found herself in, she was drawn here due to a great library, Almeria. She is hoping to find a book on how she can reclaim her life, though she is beginning to doubt that it's possible, and her corporeal appearance is getting harder and harder to manifest.

Abilities:
Corporeal form: she can appear to be completely corporeal however simply touching her will reveal her for what she is, a ghost, a memory of a person deceased.
Incorporeal Form: She is a ghost and so is immune to all physical attacks and abilities that might try to take control of her mind.
Possession: She has the ability to enter and control weak-willed people or inanimate objects.
Telepathy: She can move objects with thought alone, this requires concentration however it is what lets her appear to be normal around humans.
Humanity: Unlike nearly all of other undead, she retains her humanity, it is unknown how or why.

Name: Alice Rose Smith
Nickname: Allie
Sexuality: Pansexual
Species: Human

Appearance:
ZDgH4zSbZ4wjLdWbzGINvOk6YpUIDqaaSG4geBtCtRVJQ1ANDMf22faLR9VkKjHj1ijGlTHLt85Fd79za8Xn2iyA8qvUiWYFJpF0gcJrf8Z1pCpz4DhplUlq4j4d7mGR4jAQjqkV

History: An only child who grew up in a rather harsh suburb, Alice never got to see much of the lighter side of life, her father having left before she was born and her mother struggling with addiction. She found ways to survive though and fought for everything she has. She has known what it is like to go hungry for days, and to be almost forgotten by the ones that should care for her, but that has helped her to grow into a young woman that stands on her own two feet.

Though she had it rough she knew that others out there had to have it harder than she did, so she never complained about anything. It was through this she found a friend, They were both outcasts of society and had nothing but themselves, they both became interested in the occult as a form of escape from the world that they knew.

Though in her heart Alice knew that it couldn't be real, because if it was, then why did people like her exist, Why were they made to suffer if all the stuff the occult books said was true. One day not long before she got the idea to purchase a Ouija board was the darkest and hardest day she had ever faced.

Her one friend, a girl she would have admitted to loving died, it was a drug addict and a case of wrong place wrong time, and Alice watched her friend slip from this world leaving her all alone. While grieving she brought the Ouija board and set about to find a way to bring back the one she cared so much for. Only problem is none of the books she could find dealt with anything on the matter, So a demon was the next best thing right? She hopes to have her friend back, if not her, then at least have a friend that will be with her so she doesn't have to face the world alone.

Personality:

Alice is normally a quiet and reserved girl, Since recent events however she has withdrawn further from the world, and seems to be extremely emotional.

Name Mercy Anne Peters (Code named Ghost)
- Age unknown (appears to be 16 though she says she is much older)
- Race/Species Banshee
- Gender Female
- Appearance
7iw5qYGx3OvuP9EfHXYhJnz3zy5tJMDs9HikaoCxX_hy4i36jCo2smmW6TvKybDRSEoQDq2VemTme4yM4Jdh1XdEoyGTQylFga-A7rKVgwN3Tjq-isc7bu9VoBQDTo-j5gz2lnbn

- Personality
Quiet, stoic, and reliable Mercy prefers to listen than to speak and will never turn her back on her friends. She believes in friends and the innate good in everyone and has been viewed as a little nieve by those that haven't seen her when she gives her word. Once she has given her word she will not stop until fulfilling her promise.

- History
Discovered hiding in an abandoned warehouse, scared and alone, Mercy was approached by a COVERT Team and offered not only safety from those that were tormenting her and seeking to devour her essence but offered to be trained as an agent herself. She accepted on the condition that they offered her friend sanctuary as well, This was confusing until her eyes flashed and a ghost cat appeared beside her. It was later discovered that the cat while bound to Mercy was, in fact, another entity that she called a familiar. Many tests were carried out to determine the best placement and roll for her with COVERT. It was discovered that if Mercy was pushed she could become one hell of a terrifying opponent, though she has demonstrated time and time again that she doesn't like to hurt others.

She doesn't recall much about her life before they found her, bits and pieces of those that were tormenting her in her new Banshee form, and a little bit less of her life before her untimely death. The time she describes it does not seem viable that she would have come from, so it is unclear where she is from or even when, simply that she is here now, and she seems happy to help out COVERT if it means stopping the threats to others and to bring an end to the endless bloodshed and torment, as she describes it.

No one can rightly say the pain and suffering that she has been through to bring her to the way she is today, however, what can be seen is the purity of the sense of justice that she now holds. She doesn't show any real ambition so she has never sought to rise through the ranks, happier to follow than to lead.

- Weapons Familiar Summons (Cat)
Familiar Summons (Snake-Non-Venomous)
Familiar Summons (Dog)
- Powers
-Banshee Scream: A banshee can let out a wail that will weaken and disorient their opponents at it's weakest and kill any hearing it at their strongest. Mercy can only disorient as her own mental limitations don't let her use a death scream.
-Incorporeal Form: Like most of the Ghost families, a banshee is an incorporeal entity and as such may move through solid objects as if it were not there.
-Life Syphon: A banshee may drain a targets' vitality to restore their own.
-Possession: Mercy may possess a target for a limited amount of time, however doing so severely weakens her and she loses access to all of her other abilities while she does so.
-Familiar Summons: The ability to call her soul bound familiar to her from anywhere, she may also will her familiar to take on different forms.
-Sense Share: Mercy can share her senses with another, or share the senses of her familiar.
-Opacity: Mercy can almost become invisible however those with a keen eye will still see her outline.

- Other
Mercy earned her codename Ghost by litterally being a ghost and excelling at all stealth and recon training.

Name: Selee (pronounced Say-lay) Rin
Appearance:
d00-W0wRIVvTdlLLYVy3rOXQwlGfbt3i47hwy1xRcFV9-SERVcoipxtJD1K3pRdmV4tZJHBNyxVBQ6xwbfzPVcsQFbx2oyxFUsSpWKqt98e_jT5jOBsgLP6TR91scaR0VBy7JPum

Power:
Radiant Sphere: Powers of the divine flow from her body creating a barrier around herself and those she chooses to encompass with it. She has free control over her sphere and the effects within it, She can choose to heal or harm, Shield or trap those within her Sphere of power. The real secret to her ability however is the fact that it has a constant effect, mere microns from her skin is a barrier that forms an almost perfect barrier this means she has never known the touch of another.

Personality:
Quiet and withdrawn Selee is what you would call a recluse. She says few words and has fewer friends.

History:
During primary school Selee gained her power they quickly dubbed the Radiant Sphere and it showed through the many turf wars that she fought in, She quickly rose through the royalty ranks becoming the Ace that the school desperately needed. Selee has never lost a match, hell she has never even been scratched, Her perfect barrier has driven her to fight stronger and stronger opponents in hopes that someone will be able to break it and she might feel something.
Heading into high school she has let her grades slip somewhat loosing interest in a lot of her classes, and as an Ace the school board tends to overlook her delinquencies.

More will be added in the future :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back