• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Original RP Prompts | Master Thread (3/8 OPEN)

Isolus

Lady of the Lexicon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Original RP Prompts | Master Thread
Last Updated: 9/29/18
I plan to update this whenever I add or remove prompts, as well as when my active status changes!
Thank you for your interest - I hope you like what you see!

original.gif

We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams

Hello, my lovely friends. My name is Hannah, but most people call me Hanns. I am an English Major who works at an IT Company in Colorado. Oh, and I also love to roleplay! I’ve been roleplaying for about 7 years, but I’ve honestly been writing stories for as long as I could remember. All of these are for original stories, as those are what I love the most. But I might set up a fandom document if I feel so inspired. The link will be updated here once it is done!

Since I’ve gotten back into my love for roleplaying again, I’ve set up this document for any future roleplay partners as well as to keep things orderly for my own sake. I welcome all types of writers/roleplayers, so I’d love to know your rules as well. Feel free to ask questions about anything below. I promise that I very friendly and I’m pretty chill in regards to this sorts of stuff! Although I do consider myself to be a pretty lax writing when it comes to writing with other people involved, I do have a few general rules that I like to follow when it comes to roleplaying (or collaborative writing if that’s what you prefer to call it).
  1. The most important rule for me when it comes to roleplay is having fun and if you or I aren’t excited about the roleplay, then it’s going to be a real downer for both of us. So all I ask is for a partner who is invested and contributes to the story. Please contribute to the roleplay, please be open about rules and most importantly, please be friendly! If I feel like I have to step on eggshells around you, you're probably not the person I am looking for.
  2. My writing style is novella, meaning that I will write on average anywhere from four to twelve paragraphs at a time. I’ve been known to write even more if I feel so inspired! Yes, my response times do take longer but it is because you will get a longer, quality response. If this scares you, I’m sorry! I just love to write but I do realize that this isn’t for everyone so I don’t want this to hinder you from wanting to roleplay with me. Please let me know your writing length and preference and I will definitely work something out that flows best.
  3. I mentioned that my emphasis is English studies, but I am by no means a grammar nazi. I make plenty of spelling mistakes, so you don’t have to worry about me correcting you! All I ask is that you roleplay in third person and that you are trying your best when it comes to grammar.
  4. While I do ask that we do a little world building before we start, I'd like to think that I'm pretty flexible when it comes roleplaying itself. You don't have to use character sheets unless you want to. I personally prefer to do so but I won't make you do it!
  5. As a general rule, I don’t ever play canon characters (these are characters that are franchised and owned under a company). Fan characters might be an exception, but just to be on the safe side I ask that you use original characters.
  6. This one isn’t really important... but I am an artist on the side so be prepared to be spammed with our characters in doodles and pictures! Oh! And yes, I did make the aesthetic banners. If you like, I can show you how I did them~
I firmly believe that stories can have multiple genres and many of my prompts do as well. I put this table up here as a reference to a prompt’s main or overarching genre. This is the central genre that shapes the story the largest and can open the door to other genres as well. I hope this helps with some of the confusion! Some prompts may be closed due to it already having a partner or even to the fact that it’s something I’m not craving at the moment. Note that these are just prompts. They can be re-written to fit our own needs. So if you have an idea or a craving, don’t hesitate to ask me! I am certain we can work something out.

Fantasy

(✓) The Last Goddess (OPEN)

_19__by_lexiconicy-dbwe2hv.png

Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure/Quest,
Ideal Pairing(s): goddess-x-demon (preferably MxF, but can be written for FxF or MxM)
Keywords: (end times) (reincarnated goddess) (lost) (fallen)
Brief Author Notes: I'm looking for someone to play the goddess role. You are also welcome to play a single character or multiple characters, whatever is most comfortable to you! I will probably use multiple characters myself. Just for some clarification, I wrote this for the perspective of a female protagonist (a goddess) but it can be written for a male protagonist (a god) easily! Let me know if that's what you'd prefer.

bf1fe991.gif
Everyone thinks that gods are immortal. But just because mortal man can't kill them doesn't mean that they live forever. The religious speak the fall of the immortals. The legend goes that the cosmos were once in chaos and a war raged out high in the heavens between sun god and the moon goddess. All of the celestial deities of law, life and nature came together and choose a side. It was either side of their sun king or the side the queen of the night. Then, they fought for nearly a millennium. It’s said that heaven groaned and bent under their hatred for one another and in the thousandth year when the moon eclipsed the sun, the heavens split in two and devoured the immortals. The universe was on it’s own and race it’s wobbly course through time, buying time before it's inevitable demise.

Many say this is where it ends, that the gods are dead and that is why the land is slowly dying. Why the heavens were once beautiful, but are nothing more than stars wandering in their own separate orbits. But a legend has it that not all the gods have fallen. It is said that there is one (Your OC), the only daughter of the sun and moon, whose soul was casted out of heaven. Her soul now lies buried in the bones of a mortal that she may have a chance to restore what their kind has destroyed. Only, she does not know it yet.

She doesn't know that the sun is going to die unless an immortal mends it. She doesn't know that the elements are withering away and the stars will wander from their orbits unless an immortal keeps the balance. doesn't know know that the moon is slowly pulling further away and the seasons are growing colder. She is the child of the gods, the daughter of the divines who was sent here to save humanity from the same fate that took her ancestors.

Apocalypse

(✓) The Last Pale Light in the West (OPEN)

_26__by_lexiconicy-dcc0e4n.png

Genres: Apocalypse, Adventure/Quest, Horror/Psychological
Optional Pairing(s): survivor-x-survivor (Any paring works!- MxF, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (outbreak) (end of days) (radio) (code) (mysterious voice) (apocalyptic) (cure) (hope) (zombies)
Brief Author Notes: You are also welcome to play a single character or multiple characters, whatever is most comfortable to you! I will probably use multiple characters myself.

pdc8-fyixias0414318.gif
These are the end of days. Pocket of humanity is scattered across of a unforgiving wasteland, where a virus from the radioactive fallout has created mutated creatures and ravenous undead who pray on the living. The virus is transmitted through contact with the infected and it appears that it can spread through the air, making it impossible for humans to remain within the open air for too long least they mutate into the monsters they hide from.

Your OC (male or female of any age), awakens in an old barn with a gunshot wound in the shoulder and an old backpack that contains a small handheld radio. It's been confiscated by a group of survivors who found them and nursed your OC back to health. Miraculously, they survived their wounds but the radio is causing a greater stir among the group than this impossible recovery. Why? Because the radio is transferring a signal from a supposed safe zone on the west coast, where a cure is being heavily researched - the radio plays only one song over and over again, but the song is secretly telling listeners coordinates to the safe zone. The map is hidden in the song.

Whether your OC knows of this secret code or not, they are in debt to these survivors and the promise of a safe heaven being played through a simple song through a handheld radio, there is no other choice than to brave the dead lands. Who knows. There might be hope after all.

Slice of Life

(✓) The Swing King & The Cabaret Queen (OPEN)

_23__by_lexiconicy-dbz9xgc.png

Genres: Slice of Life, Romance, Dark Comedy, Historical Fiction (?)
Ideal Pairing(s): mafia boss-x-starlet (preferred MxF, but might consider FxF)
Keywords: (historical fiction) (crime family) (noire) (childhood sweethearts)
Brief Author Notes: I put Historical Fiction (?) because it is inspired by 1920s-1930s America, however we don't have to exactly follow those time periods if that makes sense. We can discuss it! As always, you are also welcome to play a single character or multiple characters, whatever is most comfortable to you! I will probably use multiple characters myself.

tumblr_no0hff9pvW1qbuqcio1_r1_500.gif
Your OC (female) grew up the New York City slums near the early 20th century, having not much in regards to luxuries or the finer things in life. However, one thing she did have was a friend My OC (male), is the son of an Italian immigrant family with who the pair shared similar ambitions. She wanted to pursue stardom on the silver screen. He wanted to run his own business monopoly. The both of them wanted to do it together.

However, her family moved to the west in search of better job opportunities and the two childhood sweethearts of drifted apart. Years later, as a struggling actress, Your OC finds herself back within the bustling lights of New York City for employment and finds her old friend now running his father's now successful nightclub. The two are reunited and after learning of her mission, he offers her a job as one of the show's acts until she can get on her feet.

It seems that not even the separation could damage their love for one another, which is only seeming to grow the more they are together. He seems so much like the sweet and gentle dark haired boy she remembers from her childhood and the two of them are finally able to continue their a blooming romance - yet little do she know he's the ruthless, cold-blooded and cunning mob boss of one of the most dangerous mafia families in the Northern US. The mob family's dirty dealings range from money laundering, illegal gambling, gun running, extortion, and even contract killing.

She is going to find that perhaps, marrying into 'this' family truly is serious business.

CLOSED

(X) The Favor Returned (CLOSED)

_15__by_lexiconicy-dbhkuw1.png

Genres: Romance, Slice of Life , Adventure/Quest
Ideal Pairing(s): human-x-mermaid (Preferably MxF, but will consider FxF or MxM )
Keywords: (mermaid) (princess) (forbidden love) (lovers at sea) (two kingdoms)
Brief Author Notes: I'm looking for someone to play the human role. But this role can be swapped if are dying to play the mermaid/merman. You are also welcome to play a single character or multiple characters, whatever is most comfortable to you!

tumblr_o6ol7jG5I51tv9ye5o1_500.gif
Your OC (female) is a young princess who lives in a western kingdom near the sea. As a little girl, she would play near the palace pond inside the castle grounds. And every time, she would see him there. A strange boy lived in the pond. The top of him looked like any other boy, but he had those funny looking fins on his back and even a pointy tail that splashed in the water. Yet, even though he never came out of that pond, the pair had a lot of fun together and became fast friends. He was her little secret. No one else knew.

After a while, she notices her friend is growing increasingly sad. He tells her that he longs to a kingdom beyond the tide. He had tried swimming through the river that leads out of the palace grounds, but it’s blocked by the dam. He doesn’t have legs like she does and the blockade is too strong to pull apart. He’s trapped here. His sadness becomes unbearable and she makes a promise to him to help him escape.

With wits, strategy and a lot of luck, she manages to smuggle him out of the pond and into the sea. His delight was well worth the hassle. With tears and hugs, the two part ways and he promises that if their paths met again he shall return her kindness.

Many years went by and now the princess a young lady and at age to take the throne. However, much to her father/mother/guardian’s insistence, they plan to pair her with some stuffy prince she's never met. She is certainly more than capable to rule by herself, but as long as she under her guardian(s) rule, she has little choice in the matter. She's been summoned by a prince in the islands in the east and on the next ship, she reluctantly set to sail. But on the way, the ship is met with a fierce storm. When she is certain that the fates have decided she face a water grave, a warm embrace and a familiar voice promises her that she is going to be alright. That she will live another day. That they will return the kindness that she gave to them.

(X) The Healing Home (CLOSED)

_14__by_lexiconicy-db9g25k.png

Genres: Slice of Life, Fantasy (or Modern Fantasy), Romance, Comedy
Optional Pairing(s): monster-x-monster (Any pairing works! MxF, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (hospital) (modern twist) (vampires) (werewolves) (faeries) (modern fantasy)
Brief Author Notes: You are also welcome to play a single character or multiple characters, whatever is most comfortable to you! I will probably use multiple characters myself.

5146-kwiatowe-motyle.gif
In a world where humans and supernatural beings mingle freely among each other, an influential family finds out their sickly child/grandchild, Your OC (male or female, of any age) has supernatural blood. Worried that news of this might spread and ruin their reputation, Your OC is sent to a supernatural hospital for treatment for a cure.

Unlike all the human hospitals, this hospital, the Healing Home, consists only of supernaturals creatures. Vampire doctors perform more accurate blood transplants. Werewolves act as service animals for sick patients. Unicorns graze freely in the surrounding countryside. Mermaids specialize with water therapy. Faeries use their magic to enchant food and clean bedside flowers. Witches use potions to create and prescribe medicine.

Your OC meets other patients there and finally finds that he/she is not alone. This place is so peaceful that your OC is finally coming to terms with his/her supernatural genes and when the safety of the hospital is threatened, is willing to do anything to protect it.

(X) The Wasted Kindness (CLOSED)

_22__by_lexiconicy-dbwh5kw.png

Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure/Quest
Optional Pairing(s): elf-x-maiden (preferably MxF, but will consider MxM)
Keywords: (elf) (after war days) (forest village) (quest)
Brief Author Notes: I'm looking for someone to play the maiden role. But this role can easily swapped if are dying to play the elf. You are also welcome to play a single character or multiple characters, whatever is most comfortable to you!

In the flourishing forested mountain regions within the western valley lies the remnant of the old war between the race of elves still lingers. The elves of the frozen north declared war on their darker brethren within the western mining rims. And though the war ended years ago, the race of men still quake from its tales - while some of the humans joined in the conflict, many fled to the solace of the mountains itself to wait for the war to end.

8d8cacc7074eaeb9178a03b9cc4c788d.gif
Your OC (female of any age) is a human living in an tiny forest village deep in the mountains. The few residents who do live here have been here all their lives, like her. But all that is about to change.

Your OC awakens one night to a commotion outside. Stepping outside, she see a crowd flocking around in the streets, mumbling among themselves about something in the brush. As she make her way through, Your OC soon realizes what has garnished everyone's attention. A fallen figure lays in the road, an arrow piercing deep within his chest. But what’s gotten everyone in a stir isn’t the circumstances

It’s the stranger himself. Light blonde hair, almost white. A far cry from the dark haired natives. Slender in form. Strange clothing, with glass-like armor that’s so foreign, if not fascinating and elegant. Definitely unlike any human armor. And don’t forget the long, pointed ears. The sleepy mountain town has found an elven warrior, one from the snowy peaks, at their doorstep.

But no one steps up to help him. The mountain community is small, but it doesn’t mean they aren’t superstitious. Many cry that those who tried to kill the elf might not be far away, that helping him will bring the enemy to the doorstep.

Everyone except Your OC. Ignoring the scoldings and warnings from the townsfolk, she brings the injured elf into her home and begins to nurse him back to health. When he regains consciousness, the elf won’t be able to leave for quite some time. He needs his rest.

The elf is quiet, yet courteous. The pair begin to grow comfortable around each other. Gradually, he begins to open up about his business here in this parts of the mountain - The elf is a paladin on a journey back towards the forgotten North in order to return a sacred relic to the temple of his people. But your OC & my OC find that they have a growing fondness for each and she realizes that she now have a chance to leave her village life behind to taste adventure. Does she join him in his quest up through the dangerous North?

(X) The Valley Bane (CLOSED)

_16__by_lexiconicy-dbk886l.png

Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure/Quest, Horror/Psychological Horror
Optional Pairing(s): human-x-werewolf (Preferred FxM, but will do MxM or FxF)
Keywords: (apocalypse) (plague) (mercenaries) (unlikely allies) (wolfsbane) (enchantment)
Brief Author Notes: I'm looking for someone to play the human role. But this role can be swapped if are dying to play the werewolf. You are also welcome to play a single character or multiple characters, whatever is most comfortable to you!

Prologue:
The creatures of the nights, the werewolves, were the stories of fear for the nearby kingdom, who with the use of powerful mages and warlocks these beasts at bay. Life, though solidary, was peaceful for both races for many generations. In the early wisps of winter, a great war wages among the humans. A king in the north sieges their smaller, forest neighbor. The king of the western woods grows restless as they prepare for battle, knowing their own might pales in comparison to their enemies.

TestyFirsthandGardensnake.gif
But true terror grips the hearts of the people when their werewolf neighbors break the borders and demand council with the king - Instead of a vow of war, a proposal of peace is spoken. A plague is ravaging their ranks and turning their kin into rabid abominations that the mountain men speak of as Vrykolakas. The werewolves seek a peaceful deal. They are willing to sell their services against the enemy in exchange for a magical flower - an enchanted wolfsbane that is said to grow deep of the kingdom's valley.

Fearfully, and left with little option, the king agrees. The war is long. The losses are harrowing. But by the eve of the following winter, the woodland kingdom is victorious. Peace has returned to the forest kingdom. But when the werewolf mercenaries return from battle to retrieve their end of the bargain, they are met with hostility. The king, his mind tilted to madness by the war, denies them their request to pass through his land. Despite the werewolves' outrage, the king enlists the help of powerful mages and warlocks to banish them deep into the forest as it seems only strong magic could drive the night hounds back into the woods - And drove them back, it did. Back, but not away.

Slowly, the disease consumed the werewolves' numbers. And the magical barrier seems to only work on the living ones. Rumors of the zombie-like vrykolakas within the kingdom's spread. While the people hide in fear and desperate for salvation, their king locked himself and his only daughter away deep within the bowels of the castle where his madness began to consume him with each howl of the undead vrykolakas.

tumblr_olzjlmWto31ufzk7po1_500.gif
Present Day
Your OC (female) is the princess of the woods of the west. The only child of a strange and paranoid king, she's grown to be independent. Ever since her mother passed and the war ended, he's never been the same. Despite her father's absence from the kingdom, the cries of her people do not escape her ears and she searches for a way to save them.

Even the rumors of fearful beasts reached the princess' boarded up castle. Some call them "hell hounds" or "moon dogs", but there's a name that strikes fear into the hearts of the people. Vrykolakas. She hasn't seen them, at least not directly. She can only guess by screeches she hears in the dead of night that turns her blood to ice. But at least, the people seem safe during the day as strong light seems to drive these shadow creatures back into the forest.

She has tried reasoning with her father, but he never listens to anyone - The advisors, the captain of the royal guard, not even the head mage can get across to him. Why would she expect that he'd listen to his own daughter?

Sometimes, she takes walks in the open country to calm her nerves or ease her nervousness. It's a place where she's able to see the valley far away - colored sweet lavender by the wolfsbane that grows there. One night her life is changed when she travels too far to kingdom's borders and sees for herself the true horror of the Vrykolakas. Having been taught no way to fight back, she has to run and is nearly devoured... but when it seems her end is here, she is aided by an unlikely savior.

(X) The Silver Sun (CLOSED)

_12__by_lexiconicy-db9frn7.png

Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure/Quest, Slice of Life
Ideal Pairing(s): god-x-human (preferably MxF, but can write it to MxM)
Keywords: (childhood sweethearts) (prophecy) (forbidden love) (astrology) (desert aesthetic)
Brief Author Notes: I'm looking for someone to play the human role. But this role can be swapped if are dying to play the deity. You are also welcome to play a single character or multiple characters, whatever is most comfortable to you!

In a land far beyond the horizon, where the sands are warm ivory and the mountains are jagged and black, the land of Quana is ruled by a monarchy of celestial beings that are said to be born from the fire of stars and smoke of the nebulas. These dark fae-like creatures are the founders of the land and thus, the true rulers of Quana.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2kqcjr7xv9c00kc8ocwss4ssc_640.gif
Quana exists in a sacred circle - the new king or queen is born from a drop of starlight that falls from the sky and crystallizes into the sea, bathing the ocean and rivers in sparkling, healing light. Such time had come, when that sweet drop fell from the heavens and began to create it's new king. The old queen passed the mortal world to be with her kin among the stars and thus, a new king is born.

Some say this is where the kingdom is most vulnerable, as the seat within the palace is empty. And so it was not long before a darkness came forward steal the throne. A wizard, cast from the kingdom by the previous queen, has returned and has forced Quana to bend to his will. However, he knows his reign is only temporary - and thus, until he can come up with a way to permanently incapacitate the king, the wizard cast a powerful spell on the fledgling prince and had him hidden away from the people.

Quana has become a dark place to live and the people cry out for salvation, praying that one day their lost prince will be returned to them.

Several years pass. Your OC (female, but can also be male) is the child of a merchant who lives and travels near the outskirts of the village. Your OC don't have many friends, but there is one boy they're are quite fond of. While Your OC doesn't know much about who he is or where he came from, that makes little difference. The two children bond quickly and soon they spend as much time as they can together.

And then just as he came, he is gone and many years pass by. Your OC is certain their paths will never cross again. As they get older, she finds work in the palace staff as a servant to the country's very demanding steward - an arrogant wizard who claims he is the only king that Quana will ever need. It isn't until a string of mysterious phenomenon occur that Quana is overturned and the true king is returned to the throne. A king that is all too familiar to Your OC, more than any of the courtiers or advisors or any one in the court could ever know.

Your OC soon realizes that the country's prince, its future king, is not just wise and born to rule - but more importantly, he is very lonely. Your OC wish to see that kind, innocent and playful boy she remembers. And even though they are separated by time, royal blood and political agendas, she is determined to stay by his side no matter what adventures lie ahead.

Last edited:
(✖) Closed the following prompts:
- The Wasted Kindness
- The Favor Returned
- The Healing Home

The Last Goddess looks good! Mind if I shoot you a PM so we can plot?

I wouldn't mind hearing more details about The Last Pale Light in the West.

Also, would doubling be possible? I usually play twins, a male and female. I would like to have a F/F pairing if possible at least.

Oh this looks really fun but I have a question, if you don't mind me asking. How do you feel about realistic pictures vs. hand drawn characters used as OCs (anime, 2D painting, etc.)?

- The Valley Bane

(✓) Open the following prompt, cause I didn't realize I closed it, lol:
+ The Swing King & The Cabaret Queen

Last edited:
- The Silver Sun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back