• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ORIGINAL REALITY - supernatural/drama/high school/thriller

meepster

The gal haunting your dreams
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

original reality: a supernatural teen drama.

trigger warning: drugs, romance, toxic relationships, emotional/physical abuse, underage alcohol use

Hey! This RP will deal with some pretty heavy topics, so 18+ only. Many of the teenagers do drugs and alcohol underage, as well as there being obvious romance within RPN’s guidelines, and several relationships are implied to be topics. Many OCs’ backstories will likely be dark, and this story will have mentions/mild descriptions of emotional, mental, and physical abuse.

the backstory.

This is a supernatural teen drama GRP, though NOT ALL PEOPLES WILL BE SUPERNATURALS.
Anyways…welcome to Goddard Lily High, or William and Lily P. Goddard Day School, as its full name. 1000 students: grades 5-12, separate campuses. For the longest time, 0.0000000000000001% of the 0.00000004% that is the supernatural population have been secretly living among the normal human students, struggling to keep their identity hidden. But after their beloved King was mysteriously sent into a coma a third of the way into their junior year, only to wake up the day of graduation, some people have some questions. And then there’s the goth girl, who our beloved king bee may be developing feelings for. All Hell is about to break loose…quite literally.

tonight we stand.

the plot.

This plot will primarily follow 6 teenagers, all seniors (so 17/18 years old) navigating their lives at Goddard Lily High School, in New York City. This GRP is a drama RP, not a slice-of-life, and will go at a pretty fast pace. I hope to incorporate certain “normal” high school activities, such as having a school musical, sports teams, etc, so still feel free to include that on your application. Also, REALLY BIG NOTE: this GRP takes place in 2007/2008, so no IPhones/laptops/technology we know today will really exist yet as we know it. HOWEVER, certain musicals/other popular media will exist earlier than expected, so this doesn’t follow history to a T. If asking yourself, “would this exist knowing the time period?” DM me.

These 6 teenagers will all come from different backgrounds, different places around the world, and different countries. They all have one goal: trying to figure out just what happened to their king bee that fateful night junior year, and also how to stop the impeding threat. That’s also not including the love triangles and romantic drama that come as a result. Many of these students have been here since 5th grade (such as our king bee), but certain OCs can have come as late as junior year. It really depends, though some roles will have certain restrictions.

In this universe, any supernatural OCs HAVE to be able to hide as human, aka. Having a normally humaniod form. No dragons/fae/anything like that. Also, there will only be one of each supernatural species in the RP. The king bee (MC) is a siren/immortal hybrid, so please do not take either of those species for your OC. 1 hybrid will be allowed, please DM me first to know if it would fit.

guidelines.

one.
Please be respectful. I can’t believe I have to say this, but I do. If I catch you being disrespectful, or if someone tells me, it’s an instant boot and a blacklist from any further RPs I do.

two.
I really hate to do this one, because some minors I’ve RPed with are def mature and phenomenal writers, but PLEASE be 17+ for this. Preferrably 18+. It’s just that this RP will deal with pretty heavy topics, and I just don’t think some topics this RP will get into I’d feel comfortable writing with anyone below that age. Exceptions are made for siblings for friends IRL.

three.
All characters must be 17 or 18. No exceptions. Unless they skipped a grade or something. But please mention that. It’s actually quite easy to do so at Goddard, so feel free to make your YC younger if it’s feasible, but no YOUNGER THAN 15 if that happens. A kid can’t realistically skip more than three grades.

four.
The species below are not allowed for use: demons, angels, gods/demigods, fae, dragons, ANY HALF-ANIMAL MYTHICAL CREATURE, sucubbus/incubus. NO EXCEPTIONS. BTW, werecreatures are allowed. I may have missed a few, so if you are unsure, DM me.

five.
None of the kids here are innocent. Go for the dark. Go for the angsty backstories. I’d prefer if most of these kids aren’t originally from New York, but it’s entirely up to you! However, PLEASE PUT TWs in the backstory for peoples’ sake. Many of these kids have participated in stupid shit, in fact, none of the kids should have no secrets to hide.

six
This RP is NOT GHOSTING FRIENDLY. Please DM me if you’re gonna be gone for longer than 3 days! If not, I may open the role for public application again.

seven.
If you make a human OC (ex: the skeptic), or an NPC, they may have NO KNOWLEDGE of the supernatural. No exceptions. Except for the hunter b.

eight
Be creative! We welcome all ethnicities, sexualities, etc!

nine.
None of these kids may have come senior year, so no new kids. Sorry!

ten.
You do NOT need to follow the roles strictly to code, but PLEASE follow the mandatory requirements. These are needed for certain plot events, and if you don’t feel comfortable with something, let me know!

the shit squad.

the roles.

the king bee (taken)
The “King of Goddard”. The one everyone wants to be…or be with. Truth be told, he’s Goddard’s golden boy. Captain of the football and basketball teams, plays lacrosse and swims on the side, just got accepted into fricking Yale. But he has a secret to hide: his father is a rather murderous sociopathic cursed-to-be-immortal psychic, and his mother is a siren. He himself could technically be classified as a mass murderer. But no one needs to know, right? After his coma junior year, his queen-b-girlfriend, who is also a supernatural hunter, is terrified he’s cheating on her, which may or may not be the case. Only time will tell. WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NEW GIRL AND THEY ARE ENDGAME. IS MANDATORY EXES (in the end) WITH THE HUNTER B.

the hunter b (taken)
The “Queen of Goddard”. The hot, popular girl who everyone parts for when she arrives. The one everyone has to be with at all times, the one everyone has to keep up on all of the news with. She’s a bitch, and she doesn’t care who knows it. Truth be told, her entire family are supernatural hunters, and they want the king bee dead. In fact, they had a giant party when he fell into a coma. But she can’t decide whether she wants to you-know-what him or shoot him with a bronze harpoon through the head. But for her, this investigation will deal some shocking secrets, and she’s gonna have to make some tough choices. IS MANDATORY EXES (in the end) WITH THE KING BEE. MUST BE FEMALE. MUST BE A SUPERNATURAL HUNTRESS.

the rebel girl (taken)
The new girl, ish. Coming junior year, she’s a bit more out of the loop. But she will take none of the shit Goddard has to offer her. She doesn’t put up with any of it, despite thinking that the king bee is rather cute. However, beneath all that stone-cold-ness is a heart of gold, and she wants to figure out what’s happened as much as the next girl. In reality, she’s from a bloodline family of a certain supernatural creature that no one can place, but the family must apparently be powerful enough, for even the hunter b fears her. WILL FALL IN LOVE (and is endgame with) THE KING BEE. HAS A MANDATORY RIVALS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HUNTER B. MUST BE FEMALE. CAN BE ANY SUPERNATURAL SPECIES AS LONG AS IT RUNS IN THE BLOODLINE.

the cowboy
The king bee’s best friend. Almost as popular as him. He moved from the rural south in time for 5th/6th/7th grade, and while he had a hard time fitting in at first, he’s on top of the world. He’s crazy, wild, and reckless, a real party animal. He’s been trying to get the king out of the queen b’s clutches for months, but the guy just won’t listen. Despite the king bee keeps him in line. However…unlike the others…he has a secret to hide too: his entire family’s human, but when he starts randomly manifesting visions of the future, of death, destruction, and hell, how can he help but not spill? Especially since he’s the only one to know what happened to his beloved that fateful night…HAS A MANDATORY FRIENDSHIP/QUEERPLATONIC DYNAMIC WITH THE KING BEE. MUST BE GAY OR BI/PAN WITH A MALE LEAN. MUST BE A BANSHEE OR OTHER SUPERNATURAL CREATURE WITH SIMILAR ABILITIES.

the preppy bookworm
This girl? She’s more of the rebel girl’s best friend. She was the first one to befriend her when she came to New York, and has stuck by her side through and through. Unlike the cowboy, she has a bit of a harsher relationship with the king bee. They might have been dating in the past…but for reasons unknown, she’s now attending an all-girls Catholic school, and he’s still at Goddard. She’s more of a goth girl, prefers to be a loner, and just tries to help out who she doesn’t dislike. Despite not attending Goddard, she still sneaks into about everything Goddard has under a false alias. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, her father is a fictionalized version of Bill Gates. And her mother? A certain blood-sucker. But we don’t need to care about that, right? MUST BE FEMALE OR NON-BINARY. MUST BE A DHAMPIR (half-vampire). HAS MANDATORY FRIENDSHIP WITH THE REBEL GIRL AND A MANDATORY RELATIONSHIP (CAN BE WHATEVER WE DISCUSS AS LONG AS IT’S NOT ENDGAME) WITH THE KING BEE.

the skeptic (taken)
This person? They’re absolutely terrified of all of this shit. They’ve been here since the beginning, and in fact operate the school’s gossip blog, so they know the ins and outs of the school. Sure, their king b getting into a coma was weird, but there’d be weirder in Goddard’s history. So getting exposed to the supernatural entirely freaks them out. That is…because they’re the only human member of the main cast that has had no prior knowledge of the supernatural. So needless to say, it’s a bit shocking to them. But maybe they’ll learn to extend an olive branch…and learn a few new abilities along the way. MUST BE NON-BINARY. MUST BE A COMPLETELY NORMAL HUMAN, MAY BECOME A SEER OR PSYCHIC OR OTHER LIKE SPECIES LATER ON (DISCUSS WITH ME). EVERYTHING ELSE IS UP TO YOU.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:
This looks interesting, and I think I have a little werewolf girl that I can work into the rebel girl role.

Intrigued by this, particularly with the Skeptic role.
Hehehe, I love the skeptics, either because they tend to turn out as plot-important-comic relief or just all around great characters. Also, they have little-to-no-restrictions, so you are allowed to go as wild as you want. The only reason I ask for them to be non-binary is to honor their original VA in the web show this is inspired off of, who is non-binary.

This looks interesting, and I think I have a little werewolf girl that I can work into the rebel girl role.
*my roommate dying of laughter reading this* LOL, it’s a joke that it seems everyone goes after the werewolf for the rebel spot, but hey, not gonna stop you because I tend to love the tougher characters. Can’t wait to see both of them!

BTW, we don’t necessarily need all of the roles for the RP to start, contrary to popular belief, the only roles I NEED ASAP to start are the rebel, the hunter b, and the skeptic. The cowboy and the preppy bookworm can come in at any point throughout the story.

Hehehe, I love the skeptics, either because they tend to turn out as plot-important-comic relief or just all around great characters. Also, they have little-to-no-restrictions, so you are allowed to go as wild as you want. The only reason I ask for them to be non-binary is to honor their original VA in the web show this is inspired off of, who is non-binary.

Wonderful. Should I DM you my character concept?

*my roommate dying of laughter reading this* LOL, it’s a joke that it seems everyone goes after the werewolf for the rebel spot, but hey, not gonna stop you because I tend to love the tougher characters. Can’t wait to see both of them!

What can I say, I was presented with an opportunity and I ran with it. I will note that she is more of like a lycan from Underworld. So a more humanoid shape, but is able to change her shape when she wants. If you have more questions I can DM about her.

myrkwise myrkwise , for sure! And Pride. Pride. I don’t really know about Underworld, but mind being able to provide a normal appearance photo? And note when she shapeshifts? So we aren’t entirely confused every 5 seconds? You don’t need to DM LOL.

meepster meepster Ahh no worries, basically she is more of a traditional werewolf, rather than the Twilight style (big wolf). Will make notes of when she changes her shape, I wouldn't do that to you guys. I wasn't sure sure if you wanted a message. Right now I have her fc as India Eisley.

Edit to add: She does have a completed Character sheet that will need a bit of reworking to fit in this story line, but that doesn't bother me any.

Yeah, I hated the Twilight style, so sounds good by me. :D My DMs are open, but I’m trying to keep them nearly less clogged lol. Also, YESSS on the India Eisley FC. I’m using Diego Boneta as an FC. As for the CS, I’m more than willing to help if you want, but yeah i’d be shocked if nobody had to rework a CS for this.

Last edited:
Also quick question, for ooc chatter and such. Would it be in a thread or a discord server? If you don't yet thats fine.

Discord server. If anyone wants to friend request me, it’s Meepster#0340

Interested in the huntress b role! I'd love to dip my toes into playing a alpha bitch type character!

Yes! Totally! She’s def the alpha bitch…but she also needs a hug sometimes. Well, everyone here does. But go for it! CLOSING DOWN THOSE ROLES UNLESS PEOPLE DROP OUT.

To clarify, are the huntress's family humans or are they supernatural-supernatural hunters?

Hmm... what role would fit a gorgon?
Well, most of the roles have been filled up by now, and the two roles left have specific species requirements. I also find it hard to make a gorgon work, even if they were half-human, due to the fact that them wearing sunglasses/other eye wear would probably get them noticed…and not in a good way.
If you wanted to do a side character, such as a teacher (which would work easier because the teachers here can be as different as day and night), that would work. But I would need you to go for one of the other roles as well, just to keep a small cast size. Do note for people who I’ve confirmed: TAKING A SIDE OC IS ENTIRELY OPTIONAL IF YOU HAVE A MAIN CHARACTER.

Supernatural-supernatural hunters. Like TVD-type.
So basically, they're not any specific mythical creature like vampire or whatever but they still have supernatural powers? Forgive me as I'm not super familiar with TVD lol

They have slightly enhanced strength, speed, agility, etc, and immunity to any form of mind control, but that’s it. IK a lot of people aren’t lol, so it’s finee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back