• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Original Queer Fantasy] Oathbound - Warriors of Yra [Open to all fantasy lovers!]

Tablissi22

Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
(Very new to this so I hope I'm doing it right! If not let me know, mods!)

tumblr_d3a1c2ef5bd2b586b5cb6574dd032b96_3639b4dc_2048.png

Life in wartime is treacherous for lonesome girls, who no one looks out for - except Yra, the Fanged Matron, goddess of the scorned and vulnerable, who imparts upon the bravest souls the gift of an Oathblade.
With the blade and the magic it grants them, they do not merely defend themselves; they hunt and cut down the malevolent, all those who would seek to take advantage of the defenseless.

Sworn by blood to protect any who can not protect themselves from the threat of man, the Chosen of Yra can call upon an arcane blade and spell-like abilities of a divine nature for as long as their oath is kept.
These warriors are currently sorely needed in Faustrea, a thriving nation reduced to a raging battlefield in a war between bordering empires (The Streiiq Dynasty and Castallan Sovereignty). With Faustrea’s queen dethroned and missing, and her army all but disbanded, soldiers and bandits have free reign to take what they want without punishment or regard... until they face down the Chosen, or their few allies.

~

I have many thoughts about the worldbuilding of this story. If I put them all here this thread would be too long! But I'll gladly tell you all about them privately if you reply below. I'll note a few basic things;

- Some of the gods are particular to one culture, others worshipped (in varying forms) by many. Whether lesser or greater, their influence is very real; some grant divine powers to their followers, or at least bring them good fortune, and punish those who impugn on their following. Most think that the gods shaped the world they rule, but old Faustrean lore holds that many, if not all the gods were once mortals who ascended into divinity... Other nations call this ridiculous heresy.

- The Streiiq Dynasty is a militant theocracy led by a family who claim to be descendants of Streiiqon, god of the forge and conquest, himself. Their powerful magic backs that claim; through that, dogmatism and bloodshed they overthrew their king, installed themselves as totalitarian demi-god rulers and began to lay siege to neighbouring nations, lording over which is their "divine right".

- The Castallan Sovereignty was born of a pact between two coastal nations who tightly controlled trade by sea and by river, but needed land, resources and labourers for their grand designs, so starved and sabotaged the nations dependent on their commerce until they were easily invaded or signed on willingly, then forcefully conscripted more fighters from each, until they were an empire. The Sovereignty prides itself on its culture and advanced sciences, which they seek to spread - and any dissidence is met with swift punishment.

- Faustrea is a large territory situated between the two empires, but it's sparsely populated and much of it is untamed wilderness, interspersed with smaller cities and trade roads. Its greatest and most populous city is Breyze, built into the inner rim of a massive crater-lagoon on the coast, with one land bridge to the enormous spire of basalt at the centre into which many great halls have been carved. Most visitors to the nation are merely passing through to other nations, or trading, hunting game; scholars also take interest in the many ancient ruins that dot the nation's landscape.

~

We will more than likely both be playing Oathbound gals, unless someone’s got an interesting take on a character that isn’t, I’d be open to it!
If Y/C is Oathbound, she could be a seasoned combatant with years of bloodshed behind her, a young lass who’s only just received her blade, or anything in between.
The story’s likely to revolve around their plight; taking refugees to the relative safety of the wilds and their allies there, saving folks from the clutches of slavers, and who knows…
Bringing an end to the war? Let’s talk it over!

~

What does it mean to be Oathbound?
How about a kick-ass magical sword that can be wielded by hand or by telekinesis? A sword that alights with divine fire to slay the wicked, and can be summoned or dispelled at will?
If that's not enough, wait until you hear about the spell-flinging magic crowns made of light, or how Yra herself instills in you some of her legendary skill with a blade.
But of course, what really matters is the chance to throw yourself at evil for the sake of good.

Expect gritty fantasy, potential for queer romance, and adrenaline-fueled sword-and-spell fights!

(I'm probably missing some really obvious details. Ask me questions! I'll gladly answer them, or we'll worldbuild the answers together!)

~

My character;
Loreine Kylris | 26 | Cis Female
Loreine is reticent, most of all about her past; the black patch over her left eye, the missing digit on her hand and her many scars show the bones of a story that she does not tell. She’s sorrowful and stoic, struggles to express emotions that aren’t apprehension (or if in battle, rage), but she feels them - and for her undying loyalty to the cause and the few folks she’s close with, she’s a good friend to have.

Loreine stands at six foot and despite the muscle she’s clearly built up over years, she’s best described as lanky, even gaunt. She’s got a pale complexion, storm-dark eyes, shoulder-length raven hair and two small black horns that point back over her head. Her armour consists of platemail under a black longcoat, studded vambraces and greaves, boots and gloves of black leather.

Only a rare few know Loreine was once different - youngest of a noble family lost and scattered by the war, despite which she was a shining beacon of inspiration, with outspoken bravery at her core along with a word of good hope for whoever needed it. She disappeared without warning or reason and some feared the worst, but she returned months after a changed, some would say broken woman. There are marked differences besides the missing eye and finger - she jumps at any (even friendly) touch, and her blade of black steel and obsidian is bent and chipped in places. She also carries it in a sheath rather than simply dispelling it when not needed. Her crown, when summoned, flickers in and out and looks fractured.

I look forward to hearing from you people!

Last edited:
Bump! With extra tasty information!

~

The Oathblade looks different for each wielder, depending on their preference of length and heft. Regardless of what materials it looks to be made of (metals, glass, crystal), the blade is virtually indestructible and never loses sharpness; only an enemy of same or greater magical prowess could do it harm.
The blade vanishes into the aether when dispelled, and can be summoned into the wielder’s hand at a second’s notice.

Even if not held, the oathblade can be moved as if wielded by an invisible arm, if slower and less skillfully than by hand (unless the Oathbound trains to wield it only so, which is how even those who lack an arm might still slay evil).

At will, it can channel Glare; a divine energy that superheats the blade, casting light into the darkness and allowing it to melt even metal given enough time and contact, which serves well against heavily armoured enemies.

~

The Chosen Crown, like the blade, differs per Chosen of Yra - though it almost always matches the blade in style and hue.
It appears made of ethereal light, hovering around their head and serving manyfold purpose.

The Crown can summon ethereal shards to protect the wearer from some blows or magical assaults, lessening the damage received. It warns the wearer of malicious entities in close vicinity (unless they shield their intentions well), and through it the Chosen can peer into minds to scan thoughts and draw out secrets.

With practice, each Oathbound can develop other spells for their Crown, often a limited number of effects personal to their needs. (Loreine, for example, can project a wall of concussive force to put her enemy off their stance, even throw them, to name one.)

Hm I’m interested in your female character would you mind if I have a male character? I can do romantic or platonic! Let me know!

Hi, I would LOVE to know more about this world and start a potential rp with it, it sounds incredibly interesting and the concept is right up my alley! Feel free to PM me about it!

I LOVE this idea as a concept for a world. Wow!! I'm nervous about playing in someone's else's world that I don't fully understand... I'd probably mess it up. ^^; But if you have patience with me, I'd love to learn and RP in this world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back