• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Fandoms and Originals, and other such commodities

AiDEE-c0

evil flower blossoming cutely
Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check
Greetings, welcome to my search thread. The social fabric that connects us together is caught aflame! ... so let's jump straight into it, shall we?~

The rules are as they come; grammar, no one-liners, no explicit sexual themes, no over-the-top descriptions of violence, no unnecessary triggers and no bigotry, because I don't care to speak with filth.

This is going to be a brief little thing. Perfection lies in the minimalistic, after all. Or... something like that. Personal information is not exactly important. I'm not here to hook up, just write a few stories. The only specific thing I expect from a writing partner is a sense of maturity... whatever that means!

If anything below catches your interest, just PM me, don't comment under the thread. I am very open to any ideas you might have as well, so long as there's some thought already put into them. If you approach me with a plot of your own, do it with the subject set as "Brummbär." Just a way of knowing that you... actually read this thing.

...the challenge, demand sati- ahem!
A salt merchant, his bodyguard, and a rabid child walk into a bar.
Across the seas, down to the north of Oonai, someone salty this way comes. A fairly low-fantasy setting, occupying a barely explored landmass similar to that of Africa and Asia minor in scenery and culture. Intended for a cast of 4-6 characters about, the narrative follows a house-rejected salt merchant of questionable charm and the people aboard "his" ship. His intended goal is to bank off of the Bronze tail, a bustling trade route on the tropical continent of the south. As fate would have it, however, the whole company will instead find itself fighting to survive, exploring unmapped corners of a vast and exotic unknown. Big focus on group dynamics, culture and world building, as well as adventure and exploration. For more info, hmu.

Thus pondered Ishtar
A personal tale of bloodshed and exhaustion, exploring the ramifications of war, kingship and conquerdom. In a world where petty kings constantly squabble for claims and titles, one slighted by their indiscriminate conquest rises up to show, no weight of a claim can protect you from sheer, military power. Low fantasy, albeit with a presence of non-human races. The story's main focus is centered around warmatron Ishtar, head of the Host of Eyes. Her, together with a second figure (general, advisor, whomsoever), there to share the journey of perpetual war and violence, over measly piles of rubble. This roleplay mostly revolves around individual characters, relationships, and aforementioned philosophy. For more info, hmu.

Don't eat purple dust
Humanity is an ancient species. Much more ancient than it realizes... and much more numerous. Its place, however? Up for the question. The world revolves around Ivory, not a star. Ivory is a thick, gooey liquid of white colour. It acts as a fuel, it creates superhumans and it births gods. Recently, the demand for it has been rising, while the supply has diminished greatly. Adding onto that, illegal activity, increase in Penance and ever-growing tremors have been raising alarm flags for the end of the world. This is an AU fandom plot, set in the universe of Iconoclasts. A very underground gem. The setting is simple and charming however, so I recommend checking it out. I expect the narrative to revolve around a pair/set of agents figuring out their hazy memories and place in the world, although this setting is very flexible. Hmu if interested.

You heard him lads. It's only the end of the world!
See, I was typing something specific here, but then I lost interest. Instead, here is a generic Warcraft prompt, go wild. Sowwy

Alza la bandera Revolucionaria!
In a setting analogous to Spain, a civil war erupts after the republic's failure. This is one of the less refined plots, as I am predominantly just interested in the aesthetic. We can talk thorougly about this one. Consider a solemn stand of previously enemies, turned sour comrades by the onslaught of a uniform army supported by the world's grandest war machines, slowly encroaching upon bastions and crossing rivers as everything closes in around the pockets of resistance within the country. That solemn feeling of standing against a seeming force of nature, for whatever reason, is what I am looking for. Remember, they will shoot you whether you fight or not.

I've discovered I'm really into the idea of two opposing sides within one revolution, interbound with each other by some basis of ideology, but integrally different, and the relationship that would entail. so yeah, that's that.

Long forgotten, forged anew!
Speaking of generic fandom prompts, here's a Morrowind one too. Nerevarine or not, main questline or not, I'll take it if we settle on something neat. Will most likely include House intrigue to some degree. For you esoterics out there, I'm also versed in c0da, I guess??? As much as you can be anyways! I simply adore the uniquely... convincing alien setting.

w-what if we kissed on top of the ministry of truth...? haha, just kidding... unless???

Recently watched the series again after a buncha years~ Only season one, really though. Thought it'd be fun to pull off something non-canon, who knows? Doesn't have to be an actual butler situation, but really anything that strikes the same notes. The more original the merrier, they say.

Vampires, hell ye. I quite enjoyed all three seasons of the show. I can do vampire stuff, Belmont stuff, forge master stuff, you name it. So long as it's non-canon, anyways. I'm not into canon character stuff, as it may be. But hey, vampires are cool, as it turns out.

Here, in case you wanna see if our tastes tune well. Also as a recommendation list.
Ordered from most to least recent, ten. Not sure how much of a gauge on taste this might actually serve as, considering it'll keep on filling up with political theory and philosophy, but...

• Herman and Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent
  • Mallarmé's Hérodiade
  • Borges' Library of Babel
  • Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground
  • Diderot's The Nun
  • Turgenev's Fathers and Sons
  • Bakunin's Statism and Anarchy
  • Orwell's Notes on Nationalism
  • Sophoklés' Antigone
  • Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead
  • Paine's Common Sense

Will read by next month:

Oke! That's about it! Cya! Of course, any of the plots are subject to degrees of change if needed. Just figured a more specific vision might be better than the vague... ignoring that last prompt. Feel free to just stop by and recommend some literature, by the by~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back