• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Oriens Academy [Phoenix Game]

****. This was not looking good for her. Mel was down to just 900 health, and with her exhaustion rapidly growing with Makor's fixation on her, it was only a matter of time before she was out for good. Already, she was feeling its effects. Her limbs felt heavy and her breathing labored. Her max health had deceased a shitload as well.

No magic. So no healing spells. It seemed her Death Aura at least had some level of a passive leeching attack. The only reason she was still up no doubt. But it was not enough to negate the damage Makor was dealing. There was that restorative item, but with her level of exhaustion, it would only be put to waste. It seemed her death was inevitable at this point. Any efforts to prolong it could be put to better use toward the others after all.

Decided on their next actions, Mel took the time to help Vash to his feet before casting "Dual Chain" on Makor using the Zorne and sword card. She then used "Death Aura" on Vash. Though it may have been quicker to charge and cast it on everyone, who knew if she would still be up next turn. Better to get it on someone at least.

Listen. I don't think I'm going to make it. So listen well. Princess, use the barrier matrix on Vize next turn. We need to make sure she and Vash stay alive to destroy that cloak. Continue to keep yourself at a distance even if I die. You have to stay alive to resurrect me once that thing is gone. Vize and Vash, keep up what you're doing and get rid of that thing okay? If I have to wait long, I'm going to be pissed.

Rose nodded, getting out the barrier matrix but using her turn for another "Pierce Shot." Vash tried using "Vault Breaker" on the cloak since the last attack bypassed it entirely.

Mel did her best to stand tall and look Makor in the eye. "Is that seriously all you've got? A couple of empty taunts? You compare me to those useless knights as if they're my equals. But if they were of my level, you'd still be playing with them, no? I'm still standing. And you wouldn't be here if you didn't already know I was leagues better than them."

She'd try to buy them at least a little time. Every single turn counted in this battle.

Music: Dark Goddess Makor

Target: Makor
Stats: Raw
Level: 150
Remaining/Max: 17,700/50,000
Odin's Veil: 24%

Strength: 2500 * (1.5) = 3750
Spirit: 0
Vitality: 1000 * (.8) = 800
Will: 1000 * (1.0)
Speed: 400 * (1.0)

Stats: Calculated
Standard Attacks: Works
Outgoing Damage: Normal
Incoming Damage Reduction: None

Skills Receive Hit Chance: Always (Vize) 15+ (Mel, Rose) 25+ (Vash)
Status Receive Hit Chance: 50+
Skill Outgoing Hit Chance: 35+ (Vize) 15+ (Mel, Rose) 10+ (Vash)
Status Outgoing Hit Chance: 50+

Abilities: [Charge Breaker (Mystic Artes ignore Defensive Abilities)]
Absorb: [None]
Immune: [Damage, Mental Status Effects, Expel, Death]
Resist: [Physical Status Effects, Fire]
Weak: [Water]
Status: [Heart of Chaos(???), Grave (-20% Def), Magic Siphon (0 Magic Stat) Bravery (Atk +50%)]
Equipment: [No Weapon, Odin's Veil][/side][/tab]
Allies Stats
Allies

Mel: (0/1) Unconscious
Buffs: Stoneskin {2}, Death Aura, Aqua Duct, Reraise (70%) Hyper Buffs (Other buffs +50%) Over-Exerted...
Debuffs: None

Rose: (5200/5200)
Buffs: Stoneskin {2}, Hallowed Aura, Hyper Buffs (Other buffs +50%)

Vash: (7800/7800)
Buffs: Stoneskin {2}, Death Aura, Metal Claw (Atk +20%, Add Break Chance to attacks, Base Break Chance -20, Effective Armor Damage) Iron Defense (+50% Def, -15% Spd) Reraise (70%), Hyper Buffs (Other buffs +50%)

Vize: (4550/4550) {400}
Buffs: Stoneskin {2}, Heat Aura, Steel Wings (+25% Atk/Def, +Armor Damage), High Tension, Hyper Buffs (Other buffs +50%)
Debuffs: Affinity Match

Azure: (90,000/90,000)
Buffs: Gale Aura
Debuffs: Exhausted (Stats -50%)
Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Field Effect = Ravage Land (-20 Evasion on ground) Odin's Veil (Ally Magic is Forbidden)
Items
Hermit Card: Zorne
Effects?: Spikes

World Card: Azure
Effects?: Charging

Anti-Magic Matrix: Uses 1
Casts 'Reflect'
Effects: Reflects all magic back at caster (Ally or Enemy).

Barrier Matrix: Uses 1
Casts 'Protect'
Effects: 50% Physical Damage Reduction {5} on one target.

Restoreative: Uses 1
Casts 'Cura'
Effects: Restore 40% of a target's HP. HP Heal Limit [10,000]

Resurrective: Uses 1
Casts 'Raise'
Effects: Revive a unconscious/dying/dead target at 50% HP. HP Revive Limit [5,000]

Vivity: Uses 1
Casts 'Esuna'
Effects: Removes all Negative Physical and Mental Status Inflictions

Red Fang: Uses 1
Casts 'Fira'
Effects: Moderate Fire Magic. May cause Burn

Green Fang: Uses 1
Casts 'Aerora'
Effects: Moderate Wind Magic. Slowly Increases Target's Fatigue

Blue Fang: Uses 1
Casts 'Watera'
Effects: Moderate Water Magic.

Brown Fang: Uses 1
Casts 'Quake'
Effects: Moderate Earth Magic. All Targets
Mel drew herself another card

Mel used the two cards to empower the group with an 'Offensive Spikes' Effect to everyone. Physical direct strikes to enemies will deal extra damage.

Mel managed to cast Death Aura off of Azure as a proxy, blessing Vash with the tainted life sapping Aura.

"Hmm? Does that witch really still live?"

Rose fired powerful volley off at Makor, along with a follow up shot that peppered her with the two arrows, dealing a total of 4300. Rose ineffectively damaged Makor's cloak
Odin's Veil (70% -> 61%)

Vash wound himself up, and charged at Makor from behind, smashing into them, dealing 3300 damage. Vash's Aura siphoned Makor's energy, stealing 800 HP for himself! Vash's spike effect dealt 700 damage to Makor! Vash ineffectively damaged Makor's cloak, scuffing it up at most since he was simply punching fabric. Vash's spikes ravaged Makor's cloak a bit!
Odin's Veil (61% -> 57% -> 53%)

"Aerial Ace"

Vize dashed through the air, slashing at Makor's cloak with her metal edged wings, dealing 3900 damage, along with her spikes dealing an additional 700, as well dealing effective damage against her cloak once more, slicing it up!
Odin's Veil (53% -> 29% -> 24%)

Azure's Fatigue (62.00% -> 59.00%)
Azure Max HP (75,000 -> 90,000)

"..."

Makor watch Mel speak with a snarl, seemingly both amused and irritated at hearing what Mel had to say.

"You want to see more you cocky girl? Maybe I've been too generous with you, as you can not understand why it is that they all struggle so much."

"Guts!"

Makor buffed Mel with Guts, and is guaranteed to survive the next attack!

Makor began focusing a bit, retreating the power they had sealed away!

Makor's Level increased! (150 -> 4653)
Makor's stats adjusted accordingly

"Life Siphon!"

Makor instantaneously appeared before Mel, with her empowered fist, and slammed into her, releasing a devastating blow back of shock waves coming out from the other side of her body. The feeling of her bones bearing the front of the strike, spreading out through her entire body, as though her body was suffering an earthquake itself threatening to split apart her being into large gorey fragments.

Mel endured 635,195 damage

Mel's guts buff allowed her to survive the attack with 1 HP, remaining conscious through the strike

Mel Fatigue (36% -> 99%)

Mel's Max HP decreased! (2900 Max HP -> 1 Max HP)

Makor siphoned away what strength Mel had left in her body. Mel's stamina wasn't enough to charge Makor's Arcane Artes at her current strength.

Mel's guts buff enabled her to endure surviving the lack of strength, and staved of death...

Mel's Guts buff faded away.

"I have no interests in continued conflict with the Aura Knights Mel. A year and a half is long enough. I would do away with each of them with a similar mundane manner as I could as I have dealt to you just now. You weren't put in here to struggle to survive Mel. Apparently no one knows why, but I will tell you what I believe. You were put in here to die, so that I may shoulder your life, and bear the weight of your struggles for you, partner."

Makor focused once more, returning back to their weakened state

Makor's level decreased!

Makor struck Mel with a standard strike, and downed them, rendering them unconscious!

"Everything will be better the next time you wake up. I'll continue to humor your friends, as a special treat for living long enough for us to meet~"

Makor turned her attention to the others... wondering how to go for next.

"Are there any volunteers as who's like to die by my hand next? I should just go for Rose actually, she looks like she'll be easily malleable under my fist. Don't go defending her now, you both wouldn't want to bring back Mel to consciousness so that she could squirm in pain more do you?"

Stoneskin Duration {3} -> {2}
Party Fatigue (12% -> 14%)

Last edited:
Things were . . . Well, they were . . . Rose had no idea what to think. Mel was out, after taunting Makor. But the the veil was close to gone. One more attack from Vize should be enough to do it. If only the rest had been this easily dealt with. Of course, back then, no one died. Except Azure.

Rose's lips tightened into a think line. Vash looked like he was on the verge of tears. Face bunched up as if he had sucked on a lemon.

She wasn't sure of what to do in the long run. What sort of tricks Makor would have up her sleeve after this. Would it be in Mel's best interest to revive her? Azure didn't seem to be complaining much. But who knew what he was really feeling. What she did know, was that they had to attack now.

Vize. Looks like one more attack should do it. I'll leave that to you. As for Vash, I need you to charge for Stone Skin. We should still be able to use that. I think.

Rose herself used "Pierce Shot." She already had a charge for Resurrection. And though her attacks didn't do much, she had to do something. Vash charged for Stone Skin.

Remaining/Max: 8,800/50,000

Strength: 2500

Status: [Heart of Chaos(???), Grave (-20% Def), Magic Siphon (0 Magic Stat)]
Allies Stats
Allies

Buffs: None
Debuffs: Over-Exerted...

Rose: (2700/5200)

Vize: (2150/4550)
Buffs: High Tension, Affinity Match
Debuffs: Defense Down (-50%) {2}

Azure: (90,000/90,000)
Buffs: Gale Aura
Debuffs: Exhausted (Stats -50%)
Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Field Effect = Ravage Land (-20 Evasion on ground)
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'
Effects: Revive a unconscious/dying/dead target at 50% HP. HP Revive Limit [5,000]

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
Reraise failed to take effect on Mel due to her level of exhaustion...

Makor stared off at Vash, smiling widely at the sort of face Vash was making, blushing intensely as she held her hands together, looking as though she wanted to taste Vash's tears.

Rose fired an energized bolt that hit Makor's back, as well as her follow up attack, dealing 4200 damage to her. Rose's arrows barely damaged Makor's veil.
Odin's Veil (24% -> 15%)

Vash tried to focus but... couldn't feel any energy being built up inside?!

"Aerial Ace!"

Vize performed a shuttle loop and slashed at Vize with her metal coated wings, dealing 4000, and another 700 damage following that! Makor's cursed cloak was shredded into pieces!
Odin's Veil (15% -> 0% -> 0%)

The dissonance in the air began closing in all around Makor, collapsing onto her as it began affecting only her?! Makor's buffs were all removed. Makor's status can't be improved! Makor is under the effects of embargo! Healing has no effect on Makor! Makor shuddered and held herself, shaking her head as her last tool began backlashing at her as well.

"Erg..."

Azure's Fatigue (59.00% -> 55.00%)
Azure Max HP (90,000 -> 120,000)

"So annoying... if you're taking my buffs... then I'll do the same!"

Makor is using her Arcane Arte

"North Wind!"

A dispelling force blew through the area, phasing through everyone with an enfeebling calm.

Stoneskin was removed, Death Aura was removed, Hallowed Aura was removed, Heat Aura was removed, Aqua Duct was removed, Reraise was removed, Metal Claw was removed, Iron Defense was removed, Steel Wings was removed, Hyper Buffs was removed. Spikes was removed, High Tension was unaffected, Affinity Match was unaffected

Rose's charge was Resurrection was removed!

"There... now you're all naked again. I'll make your deaths quick."

"Hellclaw Assassination!"

Makor hand glowed a dark color, and slashed at Vize, cutting her up! Vize took 2800 damage, but recovered 400 from prehealing stock. Vize's defense was lowered...

"Dismissal"

Makor ran up to Rose, and bashed her into the stomach with an incredible force! Rose took 2500 damage... and steeled herself, resisting losing herself to the pain of the attack.

Party Fatigue (14% -> 16%)

Last edited:
There . . . There couldn't be much more than that, right? Mel was gone. But they had destroyed so many artifacts. Makor's health was down to less than a fifth of her current max and much less of her original max. Their exhaustion was steadily increasing. And if Makor was right, then the aura knights had fallen. There just could be much more right?

Rose hated this. She hated it so much. This stupid game. This stupid world. This stupid woman. How much longer did they have to fight? She was so tired. Even without the fatigue system in this game, she'd probably be ready to . . . No.

Rose used "Diarama" on herself. She had to stay strong. She had to make sure she and everyone else got out of this game. Then she was going to do everything in her power to find out who was behind this and punish them accordingly.

Vash, Vize. Buff yourselves up now. Iron defense and Steel Wing. Then I want you to charge for Stone Skin after, Vash. We need to build up our defenses as high as we can for now. The we can try attacking after.

Vash used "Iron Defense."

Remaining/Max: 8,800/50,000

Allies Stats
Allies

Vash: (6100/7800)

Vize: (2150/4550)
Debuffs: Defense Down (-50%) {1}

Azure: (150,000/150,000)
Debuffs: Tired
Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
Rose topped of her health.

Vash's defenses greatly increased!

"Steel Wings!"

Vize's wings shimmered with a silvery color, increasing her physical attributes!

Azure's Fatigue (55.00% -> 50.00%)
Azure Max HP (120,000 -> 150,000)

"Do you intend to make a fool out of me? To make my words undone? I told you already, you're deaths will be quick."

"Wrath!"

Makor greatly charged for an Arcane Arte!

"North Wind!"

A cleansing wind washed over the group, clearing them of their buffs...

Iron Defense was removed, Steel Wings was removed.

"Even how you fight me is defiant huh? You're nothing but consistent, but don't you think that makes for poor entertainment for me?" Makor looked over, staring at Vash. "That child was overbuffed, but now lets see how much he can endure."

Makor went up to them, and struck them normally at their chest. Vash took 1700.

Party Fatigue (16% -> 18%)

Rose used "Diarama" on Vize.

Okay. That wasn't going to work. Makor would just get rid of any buffs they tried putting on. They could just try to focus on straight up attacking. No gimmicks or any real strategy. But with only her playing healer, would it be okay to go into this without thinking too much into it? Well, she'd try one more time before deciding anything.

Vash, try using Iron Defense again. But, Vize, I want you to attack. I don't care which one. Just something strong.

Vash used "Iron Defense."

Remaining/Max: 5,400/50,000

Allies Stats
Allies

Vash: (3200/7800)

Vize: (4550/4550)
Debuffs: Defense Down (-50%) {1}

Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
Rose healed Vize fully

Vash increased their defenses yet again

"Aerial Ace!"

Vize flew around, and sliced Makor with her sharpened feathers, dealing 3400 damage.

Azure's Fatigue (50.00% -> 45.00%)
Azure Max HP (150,000 -> 180,000)
Azure's state of exhaustion decreased to tired...

"You..."

"Hellclaw Assassination!"

Makor viciously slashed away at Vash with her hands, dealing 1100 damage! Vash's defense was greatly decreased!

"Wrath"

Makor greatly charged for an arcane arte!
(0% -> 100%)

"Dismissal"

Makor pounded Vash's gut, trying to knock the wind out of them! Vash took 1800 damage! Vash managed to keep their cool...

Party Fatigue (18% -> 20%)

Last edited:
Okay. So this may be something. Makor probably wouldn't waste her time to undo a single buff. And with how focused she was on Vash, he would need the added defense. But could this be used to their advantage?

Vize, try using Steel Wing. Vash, it's your turn to attack this time.

Rose used "Diarama" on Vash this time. She'd most likely have to focus her efforts on him. They couldn't risk losing another member and Makor seems to really want him dead. Like obsessively so. But if they could keep up the pattern, keep Makor focused on Vash while keeping him alive, then maybe this could be done. But for now, she wanted to know how Makor would react to this.

Vash used "Grave" on Makor.

Remaining/Max: 5,400/50,000

Vitality: 1000 * (1.5) = 1500

Allies Stats
Allies

Rose: (3400/5200)

Vash: (5100/7800)
Buffs: Def (+50)
Debuffs: Def (-50%)

Vize: (3150/4550)
Buffs: Atk/Def (+25%), High Tension, Affinity Match

Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
Vash was healed for 2400 HP

Vash summoned spikes that slammed into her! Makor took 500, 600, 500 damage! Makor took a total of 1600 damage. Makor resisted being debuffed

"Steel Wing!"

Vize enhanced herself, turning her wings silvery.

Azure's Fatigue (45.00% -> 40.00%)
Azure Max HP (180,000 -> 210,000)

"Psych Up"

Makor is intensely staring at Vash as a glittery force surrounded him. Makor gained Vash's Buff!

"Esuna"

Makor cleansed herself of debuffs

"Vajra Blast"

Makor focused for a moment, building power, before clapping her hands, sending an explosive shock wave at the group! Rose took 1800 damage, Vize took 1400 damage, Vash took 500 damage.

Party Fatigue (20% -> 23%)

Fatigue growth accelerated...

"Media!"

Just a little bit further. Just a bit more. If they could last a bit longer, maybe they could win this.

Come on, guys. We're almost there. We can do this. Vize, keep attacking. Vash, reuse Iron Defense. We can't be too risky here. Plus, she seems to really hate you for some reason.

As Vash used "Iron Defense," Rose couldn't help but clasp her hands together. Her father had told her stories of the gesture humans would use in times of stress. Praying. Wishes for help or ease from some higher power. She didn't believe that anyone or anything could hear her. Nor did she believe that it would do anything. But it was oddly calming. To pretend that she could pass the responsibility onto some invisible source of power. Pretend that if they lost, it wouldn't really be her fault.

Remaining/Max: 2,200/50,000

Strength: 2500 * (1.25) =
Vitality: 1000 * (1.2) = 1200

Allies Stats
Allies

Rose: (100/5200)

Vash: (5900/7800)
Buffs: Iron Defense (Def +50%)
Debuffs: Hellclaw Assassination (Def -50%)

Vize: (650/4550)
Buffs: Steel Wings (Atk/Def +25%), High Tension, Affinity Match

Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
Rose healed everyone fully.

Vash tried to use Iron Defense... but he was already boosted!

"Swallow Waltz"

Vize darted around Makor, slashing at her with her talons, dealing 3200 damage

Makor took damage

Azure's Fatigue (40.00% -> 35.00%)
Azure Max HP (210,000 -> 240,000)

"Psyce Up"

Makor copied Vize's buffs, boosting her physical attributes!

"Charge"

Makor is marshaling her strength, and dramatically powered herself up for her next attack!

"Vajra Blast"

The entire area exploded around the group! Rose took 4900 damage, Vize took 3900 damage, Vash took 1900 damage

Party Fatigue (23% -> 25%)

The parties weariness is beginning to affect their combat ability...

Last edited:
Just one more should do it. Which was good, considering Rose was nearly dead. Or knocked out? However this thing worked. But Makor was almost done with. One more attack from Vize should do it. Or two? That's okay. They had Vash too, for another one. But what if they missed? Maybe she should try to heal them up just in case.

"Media!"

Okay, we've got this. I need you two to put in everything you've got into this next attack. If all goes well, she should be done for!

And if not . . . Well, they'd handle that when they get there.

Vash used "Grave" on Makor.

Remaining/Max: 0/50,000

Allies Stats
Allies

Rose: (1900/5200)

Vize: (2550/4550)

Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
Rose healed everyone, granting herself 1800 HP, Vash 2100 HP, and Vize 1900 HP

Vash summoned earthen spikes and struck Makor several times, striking her for 500, 700, 600 damage, for a total of 1800

Makor coughed up blood suddenly. "ugh..."

"Aerial Ace"

Vize shuttled looped, before diving at Makor quickly, slashing at her for 2300 damage.

Makor's face took on a faint expression before she suddenly fell forward, and collapsed, before a magical, reddish, shock wave emanated from the woman. The tower everyone in begun to quake, as the ground itself shifted over as the hellish colorization the inside of the place took begun to return rapidly to it's cobalt blue hue.

The music suddenly stopped.

The sound that could only be understood as a 'tick' rung out through the area, after which, Azure suddenly burst out of the rubble he was buried under, and dashed across the room, before digging through the other rubble pile in the room desperately.

They . . . Were they done? Was it over?

Vash was jumping up and down in celebration. A few shouts and punches into the air before he collapses to the ground, exhausted. A significantly quieter "Woo!" escaping his lips.

Rose herself felt like sleeping as well. But her curiosity at Azure's actions seemed to outweigh the burning in her legs. She managed to drag herself over to him, now digging through some rubble. His panic seemed odd. Shouldn't he feel happy? Makor was dead, right? But whatever he was looking for seemed important or something. If he was this desperate.

"A-Azure? What are you looking for?"

Music: None

Allies Stats
Allies

Rose: (2700/7900)

Vash: (10,500/10,500)

Vize: (5550/6950)

Azure: (240,000/240,000)
Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
A 'tick' sound rung out...

Rose skipped her turn
Vash skipped his turn
Vize skipped her turn

An incredible suddenly felt as though it was flowing into the group, following Makor's defeat.

Party earned 1,532,507,538 EXP

Mel leveled up (75 -> 100)
Mel's level capped out...
Rose leveled up (75 -> 100)
Rose's level capped out...
Vash leveled up (75 -> 100)
Vash's level capped out...
Vize leveled up (75 -> 100)
Vash's level capped out

Azure leveled up (2485 -> 2486)
Azure leveled up (???? -> ????)

Azure looked back at the others.

"What are you doing? Hurry up and revive Mel, and patch yourselves up, quickly... now!"

Azure looked back at the rubble, hopping back off of it.

"Damn it... wasting time."

"Haste"

Azure felt their self getting faster...

Attack Turns (3 -> 4)

"Terra Aura"

Azure summoned an earthly energized field around him.

"Geddon"

Azure focused for a bit, before motioning over the area in front of him, as the rubble started being vaporized before him. The cobalt tiled ground fizzled for a moment as it resisted the destructive effect, before the long green haired one buried within was revealed.

"... She really took the out... damn... what happened to the Aura Knights? Did I really exhaust it's power that much fighting it?"

Azure is charging for a forbidden arte.

(0% -> 20%)

The party's stamina is slowly recovering in this peaceful respite...

Party Fatigue (25% -> 24%)

Last edited:
"O-okay?!"

A bit frazzled, Rose stepped backward. Okay, maybe leave him alone for now. She used "Resurrection" on Mel.

Vash himself also seemed to jump a bit at Azure's voice. Jolting up a bit, blinking rapidly as if to wake up for class in the morning. Only to fall back onto the ground, back to sleep.

Something bothered her though. The emergency in Azure's voice. Speaking as if there was still more fighting to do. But . . . they won. They defeated Makor. The big boss. What else was there?

Allies Stats
Allies

Mel: (1/1)

Azure Zelo: (130,000/190,000)

Azure Bane: (7150/7150)

Azure: (Error...)
Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
Another 'tick' sound rung out...

Mel was brought back to the waking world... despite feeling like beat up trash that was improperly disposed of...
Vash skipped his turn
Vize skipped her turn

Azure is charging a forbidden arte (20% -> 40%)
Azure is charging a forbidden arte (40% -> 60%)
Azure is charging a forbidden arte (60% -> 80%)

"Where's the..."

Azure looked over a bit as he continued to charge up, and grabbed what looked, a handle. After taking the weapon, it begun violently sparking in his hand, as he cried out a bit.

"D-damn it... even when you're dead, and nothings left?! Just do it!?"

Azure Fatigue (35% -> 45%)
Azure's Max HP decreased...

Azure took 10,000 pure damage from handling the weapon...

Azure coughed up blood, before the transparent triangle shaped blade appeared out of the handle Azure had picked up, appearing green in color. Azure held his head, shakily, and coughed a bit into their glove.

"It's you... or me, and I chose you damn it."

"Soul Rend"

Azure stabbed himself in the chest with his weapon deeply. Despite embedding the weapon within himself, the weapon didn't appear to burst out from his back, and grunted as he tried to endure it. Azure took 50,000 pure damage...

"C-come on out damn it! You pain in the ass?! I need this!"

Azure continued to grind the weapon into himself, twisting it in, before he swung it out of him, ejecting what appeared to be, someone else's soulfire, before the grey ball of fire begun to take on a humanoid shape, before a mass of light swarmed over the local area around the soulfire, before... Azure appeared, and fell backwards onto the floor, wheezing.

Azure Zelo's Level decreased... (2486 ->2480)

"You stole my... god damn it, stop fighting me at every turn!?"

"G-get away from me you m-maniac?!"

Azure Bane joined the party

Party Fatigue (24% -> 23%)

Allies Stats
Allies

Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
A third 'tick' sound rung out across the room... followed by a message box over Makor's Corpse

System Message Notice
Administrator Detected Nearby. Halting Automated Functions

Opening System Menu Brief Mode

Makor Version 2: Vital Signs... Zero
Makor Vessel Status... Maintained
Makor Death Talley (894) -> (895)
Ability: Heart of Chaos... Functional
Prepared to Fully Resurrect as Pre-configured

Altar Settings?
[Yes] [No]

Seeing Mel's body there in the state it was in didn't really relieve Rose any bit. But she was alive at least, right?

Vash himself seemed . . . happy to say the least, tackling Mel's already weakened body into a tight hug. His excited screams occasionally muffled by choking sobs. His face a mess of tears and mucus. Gross. But sweet.

"Diarama."

Even if the danger seemed to be over, Azure seemed to be panicking. Might as well heal herself up. She did sort of need it the most. It'd be pretty pathetic if they had just defeated Makor, but she got taken out by something on the way back to . . . Where were they going now? Each of the areas was taken care of. They had beaten Makor. Shouldn't they have left the game now? Maybe the door was somewhere else? She supposed they could meet the knights at Havoc's tower and see what to do from there. But for now, they could rest.

Or at least she thought so. Until something popped up above Makor's body.

. . .

Even before actually reading it, she felt a sense of dread. And then came memories of Azure telling them of his near infinite battles with Makor. She . . . was going to come back to life. Was she?

Looking back, she noticed . . . There were 2 Azures now?! What?! No! This was not the time to focus on that!

"A-Azure? Is this normal?"

To be honest, she wasn't sure of what it was all saying. Heart of Chaos? She remembered seeing that during the fight, but even then, she didn't know what it was about.

But there was a button. A choice. Change the settings? Well, she should at least see the choices, right? Bracing herself for a small burst of courage, she pressed "Yes."

Allies Stats
Allies

Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
"Huh what's normal?"

Azure looked back, at Rose, seemingly confused with the screen that appeared, and appeared confused.

"That's... different, but Morgana isn't here, but even if she was... just forget it. That's not important right now."

"Soul Revert"

Azure Zelo sliced at Azure bane with his weapon, almost cleaving them in half as they cried out, before they returned to soulfire.

"Ugh... finally"

Azure went on over to unconscious body on the ground and started doing... something

System Message
Command Acknowledged. Unrecognized users nearby.
Displaying Settings in safe mode...

Makor
> [Restore] [Controlled Shock] [Combat History] [Death History] [Version History] [Shutdown] [Log Out]

Vessel
> [Apply] [Remove] [Version History]

Skill Family
> [Use Skill] [Add Skill] [Create Skill] [Remove Skill]

Ability Family
> [Force Use Ability] [Add Ability] [Remove Ability]

Character Attributes
> [Modify Stats] [Modify Elemental Affinity] [Modify Status Attributes]

Tartarus Command
> [Refresh] [Warp Destination] [Purge]

Administrator Commands
> [Memory] [Access] [Online Users] [Online Admin] [Log Out User] [Delete Commands] [Game End]

Other
> [Help]

Custom
>_____________________________

"Morgana, hm . . . "

Rose glanced over at Mel, still on the ground, with Vash sitting beside her retelling the "epic battle" she had missed. She had an idea but maybe it was best to wait for Mel to recover a bit more first.

For now, maybe she could at least read through the things she could click? See what could be done? Rose tapped on the [Online Admin] button.

"Azure, do you think you can help m-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Rose had looked over to see Azure Zelo seemingly kill their Azure. W-what? Didn't they go through all this to get him back in the first place?

Level: 4635
Remaining/Max: 200,000/645,000

Strength: 110,500 * (1.0)
Spirit: 150,535 * (1.0)
Vitality: 56,350 * (1.0)
Will: 89,035 * (1.0)
Speed: 1,580 * (1.0)

Resist: [Physical Status Effects]
Weak: [None]
Equipment: [No Weapon, Makor Attire][/side][/tab]
Allies Stats
Allies

Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'

System Message
Command Acknowledged. Displaying Administrators/(User Names)

2 Administrators currently online.

[Kylier Bane (Kylier Bane)] Location: Tower of Tartarus
[Lilith Bane (Morgana)] Location: D̵i̵͝͡͠r҉̶g̨͟ȩ̶̢̨̀ ̴͡o̡͢͞͝͝f̵͟͜ ̢̢̛͜T̸̛̕͝a̵̛͡ŗ̧̛͟t͏̶҉҉̕a̵̡̕͢r̀̕ú̴̢͘͟ş̨́́

Update, new administrator logged on, displaying

[Maxwell Bane ('No Game Avatar')] Remote Access

Administrator request confirmed, continuing Makor Auto-Refresh

A barrier appeared over Makor, veiling her entire body within the sphere, before a shockwave blew out

Makor's Heart of Chaos ability activity activated

System Message
Resetting Level... (150) -> (4635)
Resetting Health (50,000) -> (645,000)
Resetting Stats... Done
Resetting Status... Done

Preparing consciousness array
Regeneration Active

Makor recovered 200,000 HP
Makor is still unconscious

Azure Zelo appeared to be doing... something? And is bent over the other body on the ground with his hands on Azure's chest

"Damn it come on... I was supposed to have more time, why is she coming back so quickly now!?"

Rose's menu reverted back to the previous screen, waiting for an command

"Morgana . . ?"

Morgana was an admin? Rose supposed that made sense. A little. With what she had seen in the flashbacks. But why as she still an admin? Whatever the reason, that's not the issue here. Morgana could help them! Rose tried to reach out to the woman telepathically.

Morgana?! Can you hear me? Are you still alive?

There was another name that worried her though. Kylier. She was here. In the game. Technically Rose supposed they could go to her as well. Her location was much clearer. But . . . What she saw in those memories. The fact that she was there but did not contact the party. And worst of all, she was an admin and she sent them into this game. Surely, with that power, she could've found Azure's soul herself, right? Then why did they need to go into the game? More importantly, why did Mel have to come? Her family was the one who made the game. The shared surname between the admins was proof enough of that. So she must've known about their plans. She was an admin. So why let Mel go in as well?

No, for now, she couldn't trust Kylier.

But what could she do now? Makor was even restarting.

For now . . . [Modify Status Attributes]?

Level: 4635
Remaining/Max: 400,000/645,000

Immune: [Mental Status Effects, Expel, Death]
Resist: [Physical Status Effects]
Weak: [None]
Allies Stats
Allies

Field
Land Power = Wind
Weather = None
Items

Casts 'Reflect'

Casts 'Protect'

Casts 'Cura'

Casts 'Raise'

Casts 'Esuna'

Casts 'Fira'

Casts 'Aerora'

Casts 'Watera'

Casts 'Quake'
Rose failed to detect Morgana, let alone establish any sort of connection, despite her attempts

"Damn it, do I really need Morgana do to this?! This is more or less the same... right!?"

Azure went on over to Mel, and held out a hand before them, and had their energy pour into her.

Azure Fatigue (45% -> 50%)
Mel Fatigue (95% -> 20%)

Mel felt significantly better, as though a weight had been lifted, and that their body wasn't trying to fight their every move.

"I need to get you out of here but... ugh... there's no where to go to get you out of here."

Azure looked around fanatically, seemingly unsure what to do

"... Rose, whatever you're doing... we need to get to Morgana!"

Makor recovered 200,000
Makor is still unconscious

System Message Command Acknowledged. Displaying Makor Status Affinities

Physical Status [Resist All]
Mental Status [Immune All]
Stat Status [None]

Please specify what to change

[Add Status Resistance]
[Add Status Weakness]
[Reset to Default]