• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Orias- IC Zone

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sear
She chuckled, "You still have a heart it seems," she couldn't seem to wipe the smile from her lips; not that she tried very hard.

"I apologize, I don't quite recognize you, have you come to this establishment before? New customers are always welcome, but I thought I knew most SE's rather personally."

She continued to tap her fingers on the stone, no one seemed to pay any real attention to either of them. A few looks here and there, but most kept their eyes averted, focusing elsewhere.

Gloxinia
"I'd be surprised if you did." The Soul Eater's voice was clear, light and pleasant, though the expression she wore upon her childish face couldn't possibly be more lackluster.

Gloxinia's slender fingers tucked a strand of her crimson hair behind her ear. Her eyes glanced towards the clock that hung on the wall across from her, watching it tick away without pause, unheeding to the rest of the world as time has always been. While time may seem like an eternity to those hailing from the Barren Realms, she knew better than anyone that nothing ever lasted forever. She turned her dark gaze back towards the other woman, bowed lips parting to form a soft question.

"This place... is hiring, isn't it?" And neither will the Lord of Darkness.

Sear
"Yes, " Her gaze scanned the area, her bars were open to all beings specifically members of the Dark Army are also welcome. Tonight there seemed to be a lackage in new recruits of the Dark Army, good. " I want to make sure we're on the same page, what kind of job are you looking for?"

She needed to make sure that they were looking to join the Rebellion and not just Reaper's Heaven as there were plenty of employees who only worked for her in Reaper's Heaven and nothing more.

Gloxinia
"What do you think?" She asked quietly, an eyebrow raised in a questioning manner. "I'm here," She paused, eyes briefly glancing around the establishment in case of any eavesdroppers. "For the Rebellion."

Gloxinia's pitch black orbs stared down the woman in front of her. Sear, that was the moniker she was known by, wasn't it? For someone over two centuries younger than both herself and her younger brother, she has had some pretty impressive feats, both as a member of the Rebellion and an Elite of the Lord of Darkness. Many of them terrible, yes, but impressive nonetheless. It was a shame, really, for most of her life to have been wasted away in the Dark Army.

She smiled, " Lets go to my office to discuss in more detail your advertising job," She spoke loudly, not overly so as to be suspicious but to carry over the noise in the room.

She got up and started heading towards the the stairs the went up the side of back wall, leading to the second floor where there were rooms for employees and rogues that we're in a bit of a stitch.

Her office door was at the end of the first hall, and she paused there with her hand on the stone knob for the potential recruit.

Gloxinia
The Soul Eater inclined her head in gratitude towards Sear as she stepped into the other's office. Heading straight towards the nearest chair, in this case being the one sitting right in front of a desk, she unceremoniously plopped down, toes only slightly grazing the stone floor below.

There was a brief pause, hesitation perhaps, before she pulled down the hood she wore over her head. Long waves of crimson red hair flowed down from her shoulders, pooling into a heap on the floor. A contented sigh escaped her lips; after all, carrying all of that hair was difficult because of the immense weight, though she's gotten used to it long before.

Sear
"So what brings you to join the Rebellion? Step on your foot?" She laughed at her own joke and swung into her chair, her general attitude always seemed a bit too relaxed; but it was better than the opposite.

She coughed, in that kinda fake way and a seriousness took to her features, oddly well considering how often she smiled.

"Yes, the Rebellion is recruiting outside the Dark Army, what can you offer us besides moral support- hm?"

Gloxinia
"I may look like a child," Gloxinia gestured at her youthful appearance. "But I've lived for many, many years. I'm over twice the age that you are, and more than a century older than either Mask or Shame. I have a very broad skillset that I've sharpened throughout the seasons." She leaned back into her seat, pitch black eyes locked on the other's own sharp gold.

There wasn't a single lie that left her mouth; frankly, it wasn't worth the effort to fabricate a story, not to mention unwise, to feed someone likely to become her soon-to-be employer. When you've lived as long as she has, you tend to pick up on anything that'll help you live to see another sunrise.

sear
"Don't get me wrong, I'm very aware of how the young of face can appear, much older. Though both cases I've seen they were Turnee's(fabricated slang word)." She paused for a moment; tracing her finger under the desk, it was a nervous habit that not even her past could have broken.

"I want to know what you have in mind, we have brute power, though more is always welcome. What we need are strategists, we have limited information since the LoD is so secretive. But, I think it's obvious that I'm not the best for the job."

"Though, if it doesn't suit you, we still welcome you to the cause and I'm sure you can benfit us."

Gloxinia
There was a faint glimmer that sparked within Gloxinia's lifeless stare upon hearing Sear's words. "If it's an intelligent mind you're after," Her lips curved into a rare, barely perceptible smile. "Then I suppose I came at the just the right time."

If there was a single word that could be used to perfectly describe the Soul Eater, it would be strategist. Everything she did was carefully calculated, from the length of her strides to the words that left her mouth, to achieve the outcome in the best possible way, whether that outcome might be to have the sun shine upon her again or to simply "conserve energy", as she would say.

Sear
"Wonderful, I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the team, it would probably be better for you to meet the other two. Since they are technically still my superiors, and they want me to verify through them before giving you anything special." Her fingers continued to trace circles in the bottom of the desk, "Would you prefer me to call them now, or a later date?"

She smiled, the seriousness was gone from her features once more back to her carefree attitude that most new her by.

Gloxinia
"Well, might as well get it over with now." Gloxinia said in reply, a sigh escaping from her parted lips. The spark that burst in her eyes slowly faded away, along with the smile reminiscent of a crescent moon. "Go ahead, bring them over." She nodded her consent, wanting to finish this up quickly.

Quite frankly, she's never seen the Elites up until now. She was curious to find out what sort of people the Lord of Darkness had chosen to be the créme de la créme of his army. After meeting Sear, she had the feeling that they were quite the colorful, mismatched, but more on agreeable bunch. Or at least, concerning the last bit, the Top Three seem to be. She stared up at the stone ceiling and couldn't help but wonder. If she had never decided to leave that day, would he still end up like this?

Sear
Working with the same beings for around 200 years, makes it no wonder that they are able to communicate with each other through the energies around them. They couldn't send words, like in telepathy; nothing of that kind, but rather a general call or emotion could be sent to each other. After Sear had done this, Shame was the first to appear.

Shorter than Sear, standing at 6'0 she was still rather tall. Her build was more muscular like than Sear's, and her uniform was more akin to leather armor while Sear's could be almost mistaken for pedestrian clothes. Straps wound around her abdomen like belts, as if to remind her of her constructions. Her hair long, but straight and thin was black for the most part besides maybe unnaturally bright red tips. Mortals would assume it was a dye job done well.

Her dark red eyes, scanned over Gloxinia in her chair and turns to Sear, "Is this why you sent for us?" She spoke us right on time as Mask appeared right then, the energy in the room immediately shifting with her presence. Both Sear and Shame were somewhat carefree, Shame not as much but enough to make a difference. Mask was robotic like and stood very still almost unnaturally so as her golden gaze analyzed Gloxinia through the eye holes in her mask.

"Yes, this is Gloxinia. She's applying for the position of a strategist." Sear smiled, despite the deafening aura that radiated from them that always seemed to kill the mirth that may be about.

"Interesting," Shame was the one to move, she suppressed her deathly aura to the extreme so there was no death clinging to her, except maybe in odor. She didn't speak for maybe an uncomfortably long pause, before smiling. "Should we bother with any questions Mask, or are you satisfied with her without question?"

Mask moved robotically but joined Shame on her side. "Why." Her monotone was quite permanent, so there was no lift to her voice that would imply a question, but it obviously was one by the look in her eyes. Unlike the rest of her, the flickered with emotion fleetingly and had different tones that seemed to express different things. It's odd at first, but it had become a natural way for both Sear and Shame to read Mask rather well.

Last edited:
Gloxinia
"We all want a life where there's no such thing as oppression, as suppression, as repression, but it's not gonna be easy." The Soul Eater replied, crossing one leg over the other as the words left her mouth. "If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die knowing that I fought against a tyrant, that I fought for the life we can only dream of right now."

"The Lord of Darkness can try to hunt us down, torture us, and burn our homes down to the ground." Gloxinia spoke after a moment of silence, her voice soft and yet it burned with a conviction. "But did you know? Fire devours all, and even if we burn, I'll make sure he burns with us." There was a determination in her words--it was not a threat, no, not at all. It was a promise.

Scelus

Back at the bar's front, the evening was as busy and lively as always; noises of loud drunks, friendly conversations and aggressive flirting surrounded every corner, with most customers unaware of the importance of the events unfolding right under their noses. For them, it was a night like any other.
Then, a disturbance: the bar's doors slammed open, bringing in the chilly winds of the night. A single figure stumbled in, folding a couple of scaled wings on his back. He had pale skin, dark blue hair and medium weight. He traveled in light clothing but carried a large travel bag and a massive scythe on his back.
What really turned everyone's attention, however, was the large amount of blood smeared all over him and the blade of his weapon, which was just starting to dry out. None of it was his own, though by the manner in which he walked it seemed like he was on the verge of collapsing by himself. Despite all that, the chiropteran known as Scelus managed to reach the counter without interacting with anyone. He sat there and started massaging his temples as one would do in a serious case of headache.
After a while, the shy chiropteran bartender approached the stranger, summed up all his courage and asked:
"C-can I get you anything, sir?"
The very next moment after that Scelus snapped back into himself, scaredly looking around as if he had just woken up. After understanding the situation, he opened an embarrassed smile and answered in a soft and calm voice:
"Oh, yes! Thank you for asking. I'll have a drink of your cheapest ale." Just as the bartender was about to turn, Scelus touched the man's shoulder, holding him to ask one final question: "Also... Is it true that you're hiring?"
Ineptitude Ineptitude Arcanimus Arcanimus

Sear
"Strong words-" Sear was interrupted by a knock on the door, "Excuse me."

"You are excused, " Mask always seemed to take things to literally, even mistaking common etiquette for a real question. Sear sighed and stepped out of the room, there was a waitress fiddling with her fingers standing before her.

"What is it, Mai?" Sear tried to keep track of the names of her employees, sometimes she utterly failed because of her semi-bad memory, but the slight relaxation in the girls' shoulders seems to show that she got it right.

"There's another potential employee, Chiropteran. He's talking to Jake now." Sear nodded, she had forgotten the bartender's actual name, but as she went back downstairs it was confirmed that it was the bartender.

Mai got back to her duties, and Sear approached the Chiropteran male sliding into the bar stool next to him, "Hello, I'm Sear the owner of Reaper's Heaven. I hear you're interested in working in our establishment?"

Shame

"You seem to have passion in you for this, good." After Sear left, Shame sat on her desk, something Sear would flip about when she found out.

Mask remained quiet in her analytical way, but Shame seemed used to it and went on with her talking, "Since you signed up for the strategist, we're going to let you help us make plans. Right now Mask and Sear are organizing it mostly, but it's neither of their expertise. Brute force and charisma, respectfully to each, does not make you a strategist." She handed Gloxinia a badge with a red silhouette of a wolf and star on a black background, "We recruit people ourselves for the DA all the time and the LoD has been slacking on checking them all. If anyone questions you show them the badge, it means you are part of the DA and are under the protection of us. Though I have no doubt you can handle yourself, it's good to have a vouch if we have a meeting in the Barren Realms. Mask can't stand the Mortal Realm well."

Mask seemed to make an almost growl like sound of annoyance, "If you could refrain, Shame." Shame laughed, but paid no mind to Mask she was an intimidating individual but Shame was basically immune to her by now.

"Any questions?"

Gloxinia
Gloxinia lightly bit her bottom lip, hesitating to voice something that's been on her mind, and in the end, shook her head. "Aside from asking if there's a schedule for meetings, nothing." She replied instead, pocketing the offered badge into a pocket in her cloak.

And at the same time, the Soul Eater gently gripped an old piece of parchment, clearly centuries old. A letter she'd written for Damie--no, the Lord of Darkness, all those years ago. She had never sent it, afraid of what sort of reaction it would garner from the other. Instead, she held on to it, and ever since his rise to power, had regretted her decision ever since.

Scelus

Scelus raised an eyebrow as the chiropteran waiter fled the scene towards the back of the bar. Truth be told, he wasn't exactly looking very presentable right now and he knew that. Tried as he might being kind and generous and to avoid danger, the blood of his past always found its way back into that damned scythe, one way or another. Thankfully, rebellions don't tend to judge one for their past as long as the sentiment is true. Or so he'd heard.
A few moments later, a tall lady with an unusual haircut approached him. She presented herself to him as Sear and went straight to the point, not even bothering to shift her gaze towards his unruly state. That was just the kind of response Scelus needed to ease his concerns. He replied with a hint of innocent optimism in his voice:

"It's nice to meet you, Ms. Sear. My name is Scelus, and I'm interested in doing some good for once in my life." Scelus stuck his hand in his bag and produced a tattered flyer that contained information for the job. "And this... This does sound like the chance of a lifetime."

Shame
Mask shifted slightly, noticeably to Shame but for a normal being, it would be justified for stiff joints. Shame knew better.

"We're kind of on the fly since the LoD doesn't give us schedules and so he just orders us when he wants to. He's also having me on.." She seemed to count for a sec in her head, "triple the work he normally gives me."

"We'll communicate to you through Sear, for the most part, Mask is freer than me but..." Mask's gaze narrowed, "I doubt she will visit much."

Sear
"Ah, I see. " Sear smiled, "I'm glad to see my flyers are working. " She paused, tapping her fingers on the bar counter.

"I have to wait a bit before I bring you up to my office, so what kind of expertise do you have to give?" Her gaze noticed the sycthe but moved on from it without staying too long, she didn't see many actually use weapons since supernatural beings have powers instead. This would be the first mortal to actually join them, a thought popped in on that note, "And you do know we're mostly comprised of Soul Eater's, this bar feeds us so you aren't in any personal danger from that at least. But I know some have a few...bias's against us."

Scelus

Sear's straight to the point attitude impressed Scelus quite a bit. They seemed to be incredibly focused and well-organized for a rebellion, something he attributed to their time spent serving the Dark Army. While his mind tried to set up his qualities in an attractive manner, Scelus focused on answering her latest statement:
"If there's something I believe in, Ms. Sear, is that we're the choices we make. Not our blood, not our name, not even our scars. I can only live with myself because I believe in that. I know those that are here chose to pay for they substance instead of harming others for it. Now that is something I can appreciate."
At that point, the chiropteran waiter rushed by and delivered a cup of ale to the counter in front of Scelus. The drink clearly hadn't seen the light of day in several years, but the adventurer thanked, paid and took a sip from the ale without a care in the world. He then proceeded to the matter at hand:
"I know I look somewhat young, but I've been around quite a lot in my travels. I've met people from just around everywhere and learned a bit from each and every one of them. Even if I'm not useful to you as a foot soldier, I figure you could use someone who's knowledgeable about mortal affairs."
Also, if there's anyone who should fear for their own safety, it's these sinful monstrosities here, thought the voice in his mind. All-powerful or not, my scythe drinks from the blood of all. Thankfully for the safety of Scelus, such arrogant thoughts were never voiced.

Sear
She smiled, "You are right there, not many in the Rebellion are in touch with the Mortal Realm, either forgetting their past as much as possible or just never wanting to really know it. " She paused for a sec, watching the taping of her own fingers before refocusing on the conversation, " And I'm glad you appreciate our efforts to be...less cruel and recognize we can't exactly switch diets."

Her gaze swept the room, and was relieved that there hadn't been much change in attendance, there wasn't any new Turnee jittering in a corner somewhere as far she could tell. "I can't explain everything out here, but the coast seems relatively clear, do you have any questions that I could possibly answer while we're waiting for Shame to send me the 'Okay' to enter my own office again?" Her half laugh over that last part had a tinge of annoyance at Shame in it, but otherwise light.

She was serious about the lack of members in touch with the Mortal Realm, she hadn't been apart of it for over two centuries and a lot had changed in that short period. She knew plenty of beings spread out all over because of her abundance of bars and her light personality, but she was glad there was someone she could possibly make use of from the Mortal Realm besides a drinking buddy.

Scelus

Sear's loud and friendly tone was quickly making Scelus feel at home, despite being surrounded by beings who'd feast in his soul if the necessity arised. He sipped a little more from his ale while he pondered on the question she gave him. He had plenty of questions going through his mind, but so few of the kind one could give a simple answer to. Eventually, he turned to Sear and said:
"You know, as noble as your cause is, I figure not that many people would dare to challenge the LoD right now. How's the recruitment going on so far? Did anyone actually show up besides me?"

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Sear
She chuckled with a nod, "Yes, that's why we can't enter my office of the moment. I have another recruit in there with Shame and Mask, and it's better to wait for Shame's signal than surprise her, I bet you can understand why." She smirked ruefully at the thought of Shame accidentally sending out a pulse of her deathly aura and killing the poor mortal on the spot.

"Though, we haven't stretched out to the Mortal Realm before now; the LoD has made a lot of enemies in his work. Considering his 'no loose ends' policy of murdering the people close to his Turnee's so they have no where else to go. And with Mask and Shame giving them a push..so far everyone we've made moves to recruit has done so; Mask has a strangely large stretch of influence for the one who probably personally destroyed their homes. I suppose people figure, 'If the pets are turning, I can to.'"

She paused to watch her tapping fingers, refocusing her thoughts, "I just hope they didn't only agree out of fear, that could mean problems in the future."

Scelus

"That is really good to hear." Scelus agreed on happily. By then, he had finished his first cup and ordered a second. He'd been long enough there for everyone to get used to his presence and forget about the strange details about him. He was pretty good at seeming harmless and unassuming to others... Most of the time, at least. "It is just my opinion, but I think the LoD still has you beat on the fear factor, so if they're joining you it's out of courage, not the other way around."
So far, Sear had made quite the positive impression on Scelus; she was quite unlike how he pictured the Elite of the Dark army, with her light and friendly demanor and the empathy she displayed for mortals. His only worry was that that same empathy could be used against her if one wasn't careful about it.
"Well then, I guess we have no choice but to kill some time until we get the signal. Tell you what: wanna hear the story about how I almost got eaten up by a giant snake? It was pretty funny, actually."

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Sear
She chuckled, "Not scared of me, Mask has the kind of aura that puts the chill in your bones. Though, the LoD has her beat in some ways."

She leaned an elbow on the metal counter, propping her head in a childish pose, "Indulge me, I love to hear the stories of others." She smiled.

Most of those in the bar knew Sear this way, always a drinking buddy, dance partner, and spare ear. But patrons knew also how she could change her demeanor on the flip of a switch. The scorch marks on tables and walls, were very much proof of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back