• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Orias- IC Zone

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Scelus

"It all started in a pretty regular day; a certain chiropteran wanted me dead. I don't really get how it got so bad... I guess he didn't like my stance on the Thielor culture all that much." It wasn't really a lie as far as Scelus was concerned. "The point is, he was chasing me down atop a forest like nobody's business with that giant sword of his. Now, this may sound weird, but before joining here I tried to avoid fights whenever I can. They always get too messy too fast and I wouldn't want to have a prize on my head without a good reason for that. So I was running for my life there and he was just this close to slicing my wing open." The chiropteran added while illustrating the distance with the tip of his fingers. He then made a short pause as he finished yet another cup. "I'll have another one of these, please." He then turned back to Sear:
"And that's when it happened; out of nowhere, a giant snake with the torso of a beautiful lady popped out of the trees, grabbed the poor fellow that was after me by her teeth and dragged him down to the ground in one swift move! I don't think I had ever seen a living being move so fast, to be honest."

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Sear
"Wow, I've never met a being like that, I wonder if the other two have either." She seemed to be intrigued by the story.

But, when the bar tender came around again, "A Screeching Angel, please." She smiled at the bar tender as he nodded and went off immediatly.

She returned her focus to him and the story, as a tall glass filled with a red liquor was placed before her.

Scelus

"So here's the funny part." Scelus hadn't realized it himself, but he was becoming just slightly inebriated. Thankfully, getting drunk didn't wake up his dark side; it had the unique effect of igniting his interest in philosophy. "I actually went down on there to meet my savior, and she turned out to be quite the good-natured monster. A little shy, even, and somewhat ashamed of her condition if you ask me. Could you think of that? A Chiropteran-eating giant snake, ashamed of her own means of substance. At least, that's what I saw in her. What do you say, Ms. Sear? Do you think it is possible for a soul to remain kind and innocent despite having murdered a hundred lives?"
Despite his light tone, Scelus stared Sear right in the eye after the question. In all honesty, the question had nothing at all to do with the snake-lady, but with himself. His hope was that a wiser immortal being such as her could shed some light on his own condition.

Sear
A contemplative look went over her features, "Hm, the kindness part of it, yes. I've met enough Soul Eaters in my life to know that the lives you take don't have to control you, you can choose your own way. And I've known beings that were cruel and relentless and they hadn't even taken a life."

She paused to take a sip of her drink, a highly potent alcohol. A darkness flickering in her eyes before quickly being shoved down. She didn't need to relive her past to answer the question.

"As for innocence, I think innocence is one of the easiest things to steal. And is hard to hold on to, even when you try. But the loss of innocence does not condemn you." Her suddenly serious tone may seem out of the blue, but for someone who's inncocense was stolen long before she was immortal. She believed it.

She had to.

Last edited:
William opened the door with a flyer for the rebellion in hand. Taking a seat in a chair while putting his gear at his feet, leaning back and taking off his gas mask that’s lenses glew green from his eyes.

The waitress came to the table with a bright smile as she said “What can I get ya?”. With a slight cough and dry voice William replied “I’ll take a Rocky Mountain, thanks” with the nod the waitress spun around and walked to the bar.

William examined the Rebellion propaganda carefully, he had been thinking of wether or not he should join. He missed the fight. However, he new despite being immune to disease and old age, any weapon of war could end his life like any other man. But his moral compass had finally caught up to him.

The waitress placed the bottle of Rocky Mountain soda on the table making a nice sound from within the wood. Noticing the two bottles hanging from William’s pack exclaimed “like them sodas a bit huh?” Williams chuckled as the waitress walked away and took a sip.

Scelus

"That makes sense, actually." Scelus took a moment to reflect on Sear's words. She clearly had quite the story to tell, but Scelus felt it wasn't quite the time yet to ask such personal questions. If one would be to follow her philosophy, it would be reasonable to think that any being named 'Scelus' was stripped of its innocence before they could draw their first breath, and that was ok. "Thank you for your wise words."
It was around that time that another striking person walked into the bar and asked for a soda, of all things. He was also reading a piece of the Rebellion's propaganda. Despite looking like a common wingless at first sight, the green glow in his eyes told a different story. Scelus decided it wouldn't hurt to bring the gentleman into the conversation and spoke up to him:
"Hey there, sir. You look like you could use some company, if you don't mind me saying so. Sit closer; Let's talk about that little flyer on your hand."

Gas mask Gas mask Arcanimus Arcanimus

William looked up with surprise! He thought about asking if Scelus was speaking to him or someone else but as William examined the bar it appeared to him that he was the only one sitting in a corner alone.
“ Uh, no I don’t mind at all” William picked up his gear and bottle in the other hand and walked across the bar. His trinkets clanged and clinked and his gear rattled. He placed them down and took a seat at the bar.

“The names William, William Rock. What about you two?” William replied extending a hand to Scelus
CapRock CapRock Arcanimus Arcanimus

Sear
She smiled her old attitude back in place. "I'm glad you found them wise,"

Her attention shifted to the newcomer, She immediately felt that he wasn't a regular mortal. But was surprised by the lackage of an identification for any supernatural species. The soul usually gave away what a being was rather easily, so she was confused by the mortal soul in this clearly nonmortal.

Her gaze lingered on the flyer of the male, though she said nothing as Scelus invited him to join them.

"I'm Sear, the owner of this establishment." She didn't outright express her interest, instead choosing to wait.

Scelus

"My name is Scelus, nice to meet you." He added with a friendly nod.
Scelus refrained from introducing his friend. He wasn't drunk enough yet to ignore her sudden silence. There was asomething about that man that arose her suspicion, and a pair of glowing eyes shouldn't be enough to startle a LoD elite like that. That meant he had to choose his next words very carefully.
"That flier... It's for the Rebellion, isn't it?" Scelus asked while pointing at the propaganda. "I've been thinking to join them myself, but I'm not sure yet... What do you think about them, Mr. William?" William's answer, whatever it was, would probably shed some light to his true intentions for himself and for Sear. As for her... He only hoped she didn't mind him pretending not to now who she was; after all, if the man in front of them was indeed a turnee, fooling him might be the only way for Scelus would make it out of the situation alive.

Arcanimus Arcanimus Gas mask Gas mask

“Well I’ve been debating to join. I really would like to fight and I’ve living for millions of years but I’m still as vulnerable as the next wingless. However, I think it’s time to put the Dark Army down for good!”
William said this remembering how it felt to fight the tyrants of the land before the bombs. William noticed a slight hesitation in the eyes of Sear. “It’s the eyes isn’t it?”
William liked to get this one out of the way as quick as possible and ensure to people of his intent.

Sear
She stiffened slightly, "One, it's the LoD we're after, we want to spare as many lives as possible of the soldiers. They are mostly captured as children and manipulated into agreeing at the cost of their lives for their soul." Her gaze seemed colder than the once smiling, and warm being.

"It's not your eyes, I'm an Elite, I've seen a lot of variation. But, your soul is odd. You aren't a supernatural being, at least not that I know of, your soul seems rather mortal actually." The hue of her eyes seemed to brighten, not in the way of light, but rather clearer seeing. "As if, you've merely been tampered with, perhaps."

She took her gaze from him, instead choosing to take a sip of her drink, "If you are interested in the Rebellion, you must understand who you'll be working with, correct?"

This was a perfect example of her shift in demeanor's, though not as violent as they can be. Her fingers tapped on the counter, steadying her thoughts.

“Yes it’s important to know who your fighting with and for I agree. Sorry I meant the Lord Of Darkness Not Army Of Darkness I get the two mixed up. To shed some light on my soul, to be honest it took me quite a while myself to understand what had happened to me. Years ago not too soon after the bombs fell I hid in a bunker which kept me alive. The suits we fought in could send us into a forced sleep. It was intended to help us sleep in war time but if set to a high enough setting it would send you into a sort of life sustaining coma. However, over time after doing this again and again to stay alive and only waking to eat it started to take a toll on my health and I was dying. After waking from dive number 99,987 marking 1,000,000,000 years I was going to die.”
A pause fell over William as he starred at the half drunk bottle of Rocky Mountain but he was somewhere else.
He jumped at his own silence and continued,
“But something saved me and it was sharing its last breathes as well. When I awoke the next day I came to examine the creature that lay broken and striped of its life. It’s wounds were like nothing I had seen and in its self nothing I had seen. Despite this, I sought knowlage of the new world I had uncovered so I retreated to the mountains where I now live. Secluded I built a home for myself, a cabin. Everyday I would wander. I soon came to learn that it was a healer who had saved me and die and with a lack of a master my soul clung to my old beliefs and it self and I became my own master with conflicting feelings. The urge to help and the urge to fight. I had also learned that the wounds of my savior were inflicted by an angel. Perhaps a civil despiute. But I think it’s time to fight. I can help the good people of these lands by fighting.”
Williams said this with a slight brighten of the glow emitter in his eyes before taking a sip and as he did it dimmed.

Last edited:
Sear
A hunter's smile pulled at her lips for a moment before she shut it down, "You are far to open about your past for your own good," She chuckled darkly, sipping at her drink once more.

But the dark was wiped from her features, and her charismatic tonnage was back in place, "I'd never really met anyone who didn't know the difference between the Army and the Lord. You surprise me, for what that's worth."

She tapped her fingers on the bar, "So, you realize you will be working with beings like me. The dark half of your Healer's coin?" Her gaze scanned the room, talking so openly out in the bar seemed to be begging for trouble and discovery. And the lack of any Turnee's seemed almost suspicious in itself, but she tried not to overthink it. Focusing on the tapping of her fingers.

Scelus

Scelus listened wide-eyed to the man's story. If what he was saying was true, then he couldn't really be called a wingless, or a Turnee or anything like it; he was truly one of a kind. Could everything be true? Scelus didn't consider himself wise enough to judge such a thing. Either way, he was pretty sure at that point that this was no spy. He added briefly:
"Your determination is commendable, sir. I too wish to stand up for those that can't; hopefully, we'll be able to make our lives matter for more than just ourselves."

William smiled and for the first time in a while he felt purpose other than survival “Yes it’s not race that should be questioned but the actions of those who opresss and spread fear.” William looked at Sear with a grin then turned to look at Scelus “Thank you Scelus. Your words are more than most.” William toon the bottle that he had finished as well as some chord from within his pack and tier it next to the others.

Sear
She sat quiet, not negatively at all, but rather a bit bewildered. The both of them seemed to be of a different kind of outlook than anyone she's known, not for a long time. She smiled a little to herself as fond memories came back for once, from her mortal life.

She grounded herself once more, "Well, right now we're waiting on Shame, unless you have any questions?" She took a sip of her drink, muttering against the glass some kind of agitated words.

That was when the music shifted into a more dancing theme, some tables were pushed to the sides to accommodate more space, the band jumping on stage and immediately going at it without introduction. Most knew them anyway, as they themselves were patrons on most nights, "Must be 7, " Her eyes gleamed and a real smiled came onto her features, "That's Wings Wind, they're one of the few bands that choose to play here. I've seen the lot of them grow over a few years, we were their first gig."

Her fingers now tapped to the beat of the music, as their name could imply they all had wings, two Chiropteran, and three Avians.

Scelus

Scelus was intrigued by Sear's sudden shifts of mood. When he saw her fingers happily tapping against the table, he assumed that the music was the cause of it. There were many things about the Elite he still wished to understand, but he felt like it wasn't the time nor the place to voice such doubts, so he had to be creative. As he finished his third Ale, his head was a bit dizzy and his restraint was running low. He got up from his seat and said:
"Well, since there's no telling how long we'll be waiting, might as well dance." His voice sounded a bit different this time around. It was much more daring and reckless. Scelus then turned to Sear and extended his hand to her. There was not a hint of doubt in his voice as he asked:

"Would you care to join me?"

Last edited:
Sear
She smiled in an almost mischievious manner, "I would be delighted to," She took his hand, feigning the act of lady.

She turned to William, "You can't officially join the Rebellion until you get Shame and Mask to approve you, so...you're to your own devices until she signals me, "

With that said, she didn't wait for a reply before pulling Scelus along to the cleared area, that worked for dancing most nights.

Scelus

I'll let it slide this once, but please take it easy, alright? She could kill us with a snap of her fingers.
Scelus ignored the little nagging voice in his head and proceeded to dance with Sear. From the nuances of her movement alone he understood a lot more from the Elite than from their conversation; without the clouding veil of speech to hold her back, he saw her true self: a being burdened by a lifetime of joy and sorrow, memories of old kept under tight restraint due to her position, most likely. She'd been a whole other person way back then and those memories still haunted her somewhat. He now understood she had not one, but a thousand reasons to rebel against the LoD, each and every one of them more intense and personal than his own.
Scelus didn't conceal anything on his part, either; he let himself loose and showed with every tiny movement his own indignation with the new life his softer side forced him into. He wanted nothing more than to return to his old ways, to impose his justice upon others and have his scythe feared by all. For this side of Scelus, the Rebellion was but a palliative to his need for bloodshed. But in a way it did provide a common goal for both of his personas to strive for.
"Alright people, pair up!" Announced the lead singer. "This next one is gonna be a ballad!"

Sear
She noticed the change, and how he tried to read her movements. She didn't mind, her past was still guarded for the exacts, and she had no intention of sharing those.

As the song was announced to change, she merely shrugged with a laugh. "Still want to dance?" Her posture and attitude was inviting, but not applying any pressure. A lazy smile rested on her features, as if even though the alcohol didn't work to inebriate her, the aura itself did on its own.

She was letting herself relax.

Last edited:
William took a deep breath and let ignore out fast. Lifting his hand he called for the bartender “I’m gunna need a mug if Rocky Mountain at this point.” The bartender turned but Williams called out “my check as well please” the bartender smirked and kept walking. William was anxious for this new adventure but silently waited drinking his soda.

Scelus

It seems like William didn't follow us; he must be uncomfortable with dancing. Shouldn't we go back and apologize?
"Would you still like to dance?" asked Sear.
That's enough! We're going too far now. Get back to the counter!
"Of course, baby." Scelus replied.
Scelus took Sear's hand and waist and begun to guide her through the ballad. He was ecstatic to be in control again and wasn't nearly ready to slow down yet despite the worried thoughts going through his mind. Instead, he opened a sly grin and locked eyes with his partner; he pictured how she'd look covered in blood, agonizing in pain and pleading for her immortal life. The idea was so delightful he couldn't help but laugh.

Sear
Instinctually the pet name made her stiffen, but she soon relaxed again. As the look in Scelus changed, it reminded her far too much of the looks of some of the male Elites like Sovion a manipulator, all the Elites had different specialties that the LoD had crafted to his own will.

But, her playful side took hold at the laugh that had the dark edge her's used to have when on the hunt. How she would get males to trust her to some degree and then whisk them away to a darkened room, to take their souls. It was the easiest way.

"With that look in your eyes, you should be glad I'm not hunting you Scelus," She spoke into his ear, accompanied with a dark chuckle.

She refrained from using any of her power, normally she would have heated up her body on purpose at this point, or dropped it like a rock if she wanted to scare them. But she was having a bit of fun.

CapRock CapRock

Elara​
Elara walks into the Reapers Haven with her ocean blue eyes scaning the beingings around her. She glanced at to her right to catch the eys of Sear, before going left to the bar.
"water." She says to the bartender sweetly waiting for the elite to notice her presence.

Scelus

Scelus was impressed by Sear's courage. Usually at this point he could already smell the terror in his prey, but the Elite seemed to be having fun with it! Then again, he was more used to intimidate mortals and definitely had never taunted and Elite. That single moment of weakness was enough for his other side to take over; just as the ballad ended, Scelus let go of Sear and returned to his normal, mellow self, first massaging his temple with his hand, then keeping his hand over his mouth, shame written all over his face:
"Ms. Sear... I'm so sorry. I-I must've overdone it a bit on the drinking."
You spineless scum... Just when things were about to get interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back