• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Organized Crime

No More Pretending

Six Thousand Club
A young woman with bright blue eyes stepped out onto the street after ducking into a store that she had been sent to to pick up a few necessities. With her bright coppery hair, she was hard to miss. Her hands gripped at a brown paper bag that was filled to the brim with vegetables and she was having a hard time holding onto them; especially after she ended up running right into someone.

A dark skinned male walks out of the ally behind the market she was in. He wore his black slacks and button up shirt along with a tie. The tie itself had a golden cross on it. He looked back to make sure his crew was handling the crates filled with booze carefully as he took off his hat and began to fan himself. His hair a dark brown and on the right side of his head would be a rounded scar that seemed to lead into his hair.

She let out a sigh as her bag tore open and got down on the ground to pick her things up. "Of course..." she said quietly. "Of course it breaks like that..." she looked around for a tomato that had rolled away and saw it right at the feet of the man. Her face turned red. "Sorry sir," she said quietly, scooting over to reach for it.

He looks over to see thr groceries fall to the floor. He put his hat back on and reached down to pick up the tomato. He laughed, "Its no problem at all ma'am." He looks to her ripped bag then looks to her, "Don't move. I'll be right back." He says as he turns to go back to his crew.

"Jesus are you finally gonna help?" One of his crew member jokes. "We're already done here, boss."

"I knew you guys can handle it. I'll see you guys back at base. Gotta help this dame. Her bag ripped and her groceries fell. Gonna give her a hand." He picks up his blazer from inside the truck and begins to exit, "Lets grab some food later."

"Yea yea whateva Romeo!" He calls back as the members pile into the truck and drive out of the alley.

He returns with a smile, "Antonio Vasquez. At your service. Come...lets get you a new bag and maybe some more food, huh?"

She gave a small smile. "Thank you, Mr. Vasquez..." Her thin, porcelain-colored hand stretched out in his direction after she stood and dusted it off on the hem of her sky-colored dress. "My name is Carolynn O'Brien."

She took a look at the food around her. "Usually, I get them double-bagged to avoid this, but I guess I was feeling too cocky today." Her smile was slightly crooked and one could tell from how her coral lips pulled down over it that she'd had ages of practice in hiding it. "But my misfortune has introduced me to a new face, so perhaps it wasn't a terrible accident. At least, not so much as it was embarrassing..." she trailed off. My... she was rambling now, wasn't she? She hoped he didn't notice, or didn't mind her talkative nature if he did.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. O'Brien." He says as he takes her hand and gives it a kiss.

"It happens to the best of us. So...let me take some of those groceries from you first." He says as he starts to take some of her food into her arms namely the heavier items. "I'd be happy to walk you home with your groceries." He says with a warm smile.

Her cheeks took on a light pink hue when his lips came in contact with her skin. "Well thank you very much, sir. I truly appreciate the help. Please, call me Carol or Lynn; perhaps even Carrie if it's what you prefer." A small laugh followed her statement as her eyes glanced over his features. He wasn't homely or plain by any means. She even found that the scar that stood out against his tan skin made him look tough and perhaps added some rugged attraction.

He nodded as he turned to face the market, "Well I do like Lynn. Don't ever hear many of those around here." He says as he takes her over to the market. "Do you need anything else? I'm willing to pay for your next couple of meals, that is if you take me up on my offer." What he said felt genuine and not forced or faked yet he walked with a sense of ownership. Particularly some men would notice him then turn the other way.

"Oh no, I couldn't possibly let you do that," she said quickly. "Not unless you're taking part in one of the meals. I have enough to last me a while." Her eyes scanned over the people curiously as they thinned out. It wasn't a busy day at the market. That was why she had come. Yet... it seemed to get even less so all of a sudden.

He laughed, "Then I suppose I should share a meal with you." He says as they continue to walk through the market, "So...are you knew in town? Don't take this the wrong way but you do sort of stand out. And that's not just because of that gorgous smile." He said with his sly grin.

She blushed lightly. "Is it because I'm a ginger?" She asked with a quiet laugh. She quieted down and her cerulean eyes dove straight into his as she answered. "Yes, I am new in some manner of speaking. I left town with my mother when I was twelve, and I've just moved back here to live with my father and older brother around two months ago."

He nods, "Ah. Interesting." He nods, "Now uh... where is the place you got your food? I'd like to see what I can share with you." He smiles as he brown eyes lock with hers "And maybe we can share another dinner sometime next week?" He says softly. He was brave, barely knew the girl and was already asking her to dinner.

She turned away to walk to the stall where she got her produce. "I'll see how clear my schedule is," she teased as she neared the counter.

He grinned, "You play with me so easily, Lynn." He said with a laugh. His eyes locked with the vedor, to which he tensed up.

"Hello miss. Is there a problem?" He said with a weak smile. His eyes going to both Antonio and Lynn.

"Ah! Yes! Of course. H-" he started to reach for the bags but was stopped by Antonio.

"Ah bup bup bup. Hold on." Antionio started off. The vendor froze and didnt dare move a muscle. "What would you care to eat tonight?" He says looking down at Lynn.

"Hmm...never heard of it. Maybe you may teach me tonight?" He laughs as he looks over to the vendor. "Make it double."

The vendor nods and quickly gathered the items and double bagged them for her. "Anything else?" He says looking between them once more.

"That will be all." Antonio says as he pays for the food and takes one of the bags. "Shall we depart?" He looks to Lynn.

"Thank you very much sir!" She chirped to the vendor as she took a hold of her bag. "I'll teach you if you want to learn, Mr.Vasquez."

He nodded, "Id love to."

After a bit of walking they finally go to her home. "So this is the humble abode. Comfy."

He takes off his hat and looks around, "Still its better than not having anything." He says as he takes a seat near the window, "So...what do you do for a living, Lynn? Actress? Singer?" He says as he continues to look at the decorations and pictures, trying to see if he knows any one of the people in the photots.

Chiming laughter floated in from the kitchen. "I wish! I love singing, but I need a stable career in this town. I'm a just a plain secretary. I do sing at a bar down the street Friday nights, though."

A picture of her between two men sat on the coffee table. The man to her left was pudgy and balding and the one to her right seemed about their age and was quite handsome. He was a business man, and it was obvious.

"Oh do you now? I ought to see you perform then." He says with a laugh, Maybe I can get her to come join our club, he thought to himself. After examining the two men and not being able to recognize them, he stood up to enter the kitchen.

He knocks on the doorway, "I'm here for my lesson." He chuckled before taking off his blazer and rolling his sleeves back up.

She laughed a bit. "If you're willing to subject yourself to that, I guess."

She turned around when she heard him knock on the wood of the entryway. "Alright. We'll start on the tomato sauce." She smiled and got a couple of pots out. "Do what do you do, Mr. Vasquez?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back