News & Updates Organizational Update: Chapters

Hey all,

Roleplayers have many tools at their disposal to organize and present information in an organized manner to their fellow roleplayers via many different methods from linking several threads together, to BBCodes, to thread marks and so forth. Today I announce one more tool to aid in our efforts to make the best presentations possible for our roleplays and that is Chapters.

If you look at this thread, it should currently be working. Switch to the next chapter to see how it works.

So, in practice, in what way is a chapter different from say, putting things in a different tab?

It's just a different way to organize. Chapters only work on the first post currently, but make stuff more digestible. It all comes down to preference. For myself personally, I'd do both. For example, I might have a thread about nations in my fantasy RP, but I might use chapters to organize cities, people of note and such.

I'm hoping it's just the beginning of what, I think, is a really neat feature to compliment everything else we provide.

OKAY FIRST OF ALL THIS IS REALLY COOL

But I am dumb of ass, so I must ask for clarification (I'm so sorry): So you do the BBCode part of this in the first post, that I get. Do the subsequent chapters lead to another sort of sub-thread? Is it a different thread?

I originally asked if it leads to later in the thread, but no, Gen, that's what threadmarks are for--

I really hope that made sense, haha-

But I am dumb of ass, so I must ask for clarification (I'm so sorry): So you do the BBCode part of this in the first post, that I get. Do the subsequent chapters lead to another sort of sub-thread? Is it a different thread?

It's all the same thread.

Here is the content of my first post in this thread:

Code:
[chapter]Introduction - Update[/chapter]
Hey all,

Roleplayers have many tools at their disposal to organize and present information in an organized manner to their fellow roleplayers via many different methods from linking several threads together, to BBCodes, to thread marks and so forth. Today I announce one more tool to aid in our efforts to make the best presentations possible for our roleplays and that is Chapters.

If you look at this thread, it should currently be working. Switch to the next chapter to see how it works.
[chapter]How it Works[/chapter]
Chapters are pretty easy to use, it's just a simple BBCode.

When you use chapters, it makes a table of contents for you at the top of the post.

Note: Chapters can only currently be used in the first post of a thread. A future update might address this.

And that's it! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by posting below.

It's all the same thread.

Here is the content of my first post in this thread:

Code:
[chapter]Introduction - Update[/chapter]
Hey all,

[chapter]How it Works[/chapter]
Chapters are pretty easy to use, it's just a simple BBCode.

When you use chapters, it makes a table of contents for you at the top of the post.

Note: Chapters can only currently be used in the first post of a thread. A future update might address this.

And that's it! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by posting below.

Thank you so much! I can't wait to use this feature :D

It's just a different way to organize. Chapters only work on the first post currently, but make stuff more digestible. It all comes down to preference. For myself personally, I'd do both. For example, I might have a thread about nations in my fantasy RP, but I might use chapters to organize cities, people of note and such.

I'm hoping it's just the beginning of what, I think, is a really neat feature to compliment everything else we provide.

I see. I guess it does look nice, though I think their use at this time seems somewhat limited on the account of being a reskin of tabs that only works on the first post.

Nonetheless, the efforts to continue to improve RPN, awesome though it may already be, are appreciated!

So can tabs and chapters work in the same post? I have a fantasy RPG and my lore is all about world building and I do plan on creating info on important towns or areas within the kingdoms I've created. However, all of my kingdoms are in one post which involve tabs.

Question does this work in PMs?

Not yet.

So can tabs and chapters work in the same post? I have a fantasy RPG and my lore is all about world building and I do plan on creating info on important towns or areas within the kingdoms I've created. However, all of my kingdoms are in one post which involve tabs.

Yes, they should work together just fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back