• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Order of the Thestrals (A harry potter AU thread)

Nornslayer

sugar is my wife and morg is the other mistress
character sheet
not up yet
rp thread
order of the thestrals

"The only people who can see thestrals, are people who have seen death. Soon the world will finally see us."

PLOT & SETTING
This thread will take place two months after the seventh book but in an alternative universe. Unlike in the books and the movies, in this world, Harry never gets back up. Demoralized by his death, the resistance at the castle collapses and Voldemort wins. Life before the Great War, when Voldermort was in control and the golden trio was on the run, extends eternally. Muggleborns are hunted down, and captured or killed. Many are sold at auctions for pureblood’s amusements. Half-bloods barely get by and any that supported Harry Potter or the former order of the Phoenix retreat into hiding and are ordered by Voldermort to be caught and brought back. Many have given up, deciding it’s no longer their battle and flee to other countries, if they can. Those that stay struggle to survive in a new and cruel world. The downfall of the order of the Phoenix, brings about a new group, one that has very different ideals. The order of the threstals, started by a Half-Veela, seek to help those with creature blood and muggleborns under Voldermort’s Regime. However more importantly, they seek to eliminate Voldermort’s forces and eventually the overlord himself. This order, unlike the last, has no qualms over murder and are not bound to solely light principles. They are a ragtag and vicious group that will do whatever they have to in order for victory. The members come from all walks of life and blood, and together form an elite unit of bloodshed and mayhem. May god have mercy on the Death Eaters, for the Order of the Threstals won’t.

RULES
1. Fcs must be real, no art or anime gifs
2. please be respectful to the other members of the thread
3. if you have an issue please dm me first
4. characters must be over 20, and most need to be 30+
5. no custom or cartoon fcs! Must fit into the thread theme
6. keep your fcs in the right age range, please dont have one that looks 12
7. no more than 3 characters per person
8. this is a lower effort thread in terms of wordcount, a min of 400 and no more than 600 per character
9. despite being low effort, we still require literate and well done posts!
10. try to have different personalities and concepts then those around you
11. characters are not allowed to personally know or be related to any canon hp character
12. no godmodding!!

ROLES
LEADER OF THE ORDER — 1/1
SECOND IN COMMAND — 1/1
ORDER BACKER sugar mommy. — 1/1
SPY — 2/2
TANK — 2/2
STRATEGIST — 0/1
COMBAT MEDIC — 2/2
FIGHTERS — 11/∞

SPECIALITIES
Each character must specialize in either Offensive or Defensive magic, and then one other kind of specific branch of magic listed below. While most wizards and witches are able to use various magic, each has a particular skill they excel at, wether thats charms or a more obscure branch.

OFFENSIVE MAGIC — people with a speciality in offensive magic, while able to use most kind, are particularly good at attacking in duels.
DEFENSIVE MAGIC — people with a speciality in offensive magic, while able to use most kind, are particularly good at defense in duels. They are very good at protecting themselves and others.

BRANCHES OF MAGIC
Herbology 0/4
Dark magic 1/1
Medical Magic 1/2
Transfiguration 2/7
Charms 4/7
Potions 1/1
Magical Creatures 1/1
Jinxes 2/4
Ancient Runes 1/1

UNIQUE ABILITIES

ANIMAGUS 4/5 — a witch or wizard who could transform themselves into an animal and back again at will. It was a learned skill, unlike the hereditary skill of a Metamorphmagus. Information on Animagi was taught to Hogwarts students during their third year Transfiguration class. An Animagus Registry existed to keep track of those that had learned to transform in this way. ONE may be a magical creature animgus, but the creature must be approved by me first and fit in with their character.

WEREWOLF 1/1 — A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope, was a human being who, upon the complete rising of the full moon, became an uncontrollable, fearsome and deadly wolf. This condition was caused by infection with lycanthropy, also known as werewolfry. Werewolves appeared in the form of wolves, but there were distinctions between them and regular wolves.

PARSELMOUTH 1/1 — Parseltongue was the language of serpents (as well as other magical serpentine creatures, like the Runespoor and Basilisk) and those who could converse with them. A wizard or witch who could speak Parseltongue was known as a Parselmouth. It was a very uncommon skill, and was known to be an almost exclusively hereditary trait. Nearly all known Parselmouths were descended from Salazar Slytherin, with Harry Potter being a notable exception (although he gained his ability as a Parselmouth in an unorthodox manner). At least in Britain the ability had an association with Dark Wizards which generally caused fear and distrust of those with the ability.

SEER 1/1 — A Seer is a gifted wizard or witch who has the ability to see into the future with their Inner Eye. Seers predict prophecies, which are then recorded and stored in the Hall of Prophecy in the Ministry of Magic's Department of Mysteries. According to Minerva McGonagall, true Seers are extremely rare. The two most famous seers are Grindelwald and Cassandra Trelawney.

METAMORPHMAGUS 1/1 — A Metamorphmagus (pl. Metamorphmagi) was a witch or wizard with the rare magical ability to change their physical appearance through sheer will alone, without the need of Polyjuice Potion, or a spell like most of the wizarding population.

LEGILIMENS 1/1 — Legilimency is the act of magically navigating through the many layers of a person's mind and correctly interpreting one's findings. A person who practises this art is known as a Legilimens. Muggles might call this "mind-reading," but practitioners disdain the term as naive. The opposite of Legilimency is Occlumency, which is used to shield one's mind from the invasion and influence of a Legilimens.

OCCLUMENS 2/2 — Occlumency was the magic of closing one's mind against Legilimency. It was ancient, and had existed since medieval times.It could prevent a Legilimens from accessing one's thoughts and feelings, or influencing them. A wizard or witch who practised this art was known as an Occlumens.

HALF VEELA 2/2 — A half-Veela was a cross-breed between a human (normally a wizard or witch) and a Veela. It is unknown if Veela could breed with Muggles or Squibs, and it is unlikely that a Muggle would ever learn of their existence, thus most or all half-Veela would inherit magical ability from their human parent. From their Veela parent, they gained some Veela traits, such as breathtaking beauty and the ability to entrance men magically. It was unknown if half-Veela were able to shape-shift into bird-like creatures, or throw fireballs as full Veela can.

HALF-GIANT 1/1 — Half-giants were beings with some, but not a total, amount of giant heritage or blood, as well as part human blood. For instance, a human might have had a Giant mother and a wizard father or vice versa. From their giant family they usually retained a large height and build, they were usually considered extremely tall by human standards and short by giant standards. They also retained the natural resistance to most types of magical attacks from their giant blood.

HALF-VAMPIRE 1/1 — A half-vampire is the child of a wizard and a Vampire. They supposedly resemble a human but with subtle vampire traits such as mildly exaggerated fangs and pale skin. It is unknown whether they will inherit any vampire tendencies, (e.g. an aversion to sunlight).

MALEDICTUS 1/1 — A Maledictus (plural Maledictuses) was a female individual who carried a blood curse that eventually turned her into a beast permanently. The curse was carried from birth and passed down from mother to daughter. The beast ultimately transformed into can vary based on the curse. Before their permanent transformation, they had the ability to change shape at will, which became gradually uncontrollable. A werewolf was not considered a Maledictus. Maledictuses also were very different from Animagi. Unlike Animagi, they lost the ability to think like a human over time.

NONVERBAL SPELLCASTING 1/1 — A nonverbal spell was a spell which was performed without the casting wizard or witch speaking the incantation aloud. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry began teaching nonverbal magic to students in their sixth year in Defence Against the Dark Arts, Charms, and Transfiguration; the students were expected to use spells nonverbally from then on. Performing spells non-verbally was very difficult and required a good deal of practice, as it required concentration and mental discipline alone. Taking this ability means while others may be able to occasionally do this, your character can do it much more often and is specialized in it. Feel free to be creative with this and have them start with only being able to do it sometimes and then getting much better with it. possibly later in the rp if I see character development and find it fits in the plot I may promote it to nonverbal and occasionally wandless magic.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
Hello! May I snag:
Order Backer (specialty: defensive, magical creatures)(ability: legilimens)
and
Fighter (specialty: offensive, jinxes)(ability: non-verbal spellcasting)

I am here to claim:
Spy (specialty in defensive magic, jinxes)(ability: metamorphmagus)
Combat Medic (specialty in defensive magic, medical magic)(ability:none)
Fighter (specialty in offensive magic, charms)(ability:half-vampire)

Last edited:
Oh, I'm all over this. Looking at the strategist role. Defensive magic with an emphasis on Transfiguration (I have some super fun ideas here). Occlumency and animagus as well. Also, are sympathetic pureblood characters permitted? I'm toying with the idea of making my character a blood traitor.

Last edited:
I'd like to claim :

Second in Command (speciality in defensive magic, charms)(ability : seer)

Last edited:
I’ve claimed;
the leader with defensive magic who specializes in potions (half veela)
and one of the tanks with offensive magic who specializes in ancient runes (werewolf)

Hi, is this still open? I’m thinking about joining if so. I’m not that experienced in HP roleplays. But of course I’ve read the books and seen the films. Just haven’t had the chance to roleplay it much. Would I be welcomed still?

Hi! Yes this is still open and that is completely ok!! This is actually very different from most HP roleplays so it’s no problem that you haven’t done many!! Just hop into the discord :)

Thank you! <3 Have joined the Discord.

Fighter (speciality: Defensive Magic, jinxes) (Ability: occlumens)

Thank you! Definitely put a lot of time and thought in it so I appreciate the comment! I was sick of school rps and wanted something a little darker and older so thus this baby was born. If you’re not already in the discord and open to joining, feel free to hop on in!

The strategist role has just opened! we are also still accepting fighters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back