• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Orcs!

Sizniche

This profile is no longer in use
Roleplay Availability
In every culture's mythology, you will find stories of great heroes; of those who would overcome the impossible for anything from saving the world to being with the one they love.

Mythical kings of ancient eras, responsible for founding the many kingdoms of the modern day.

Demigods who shaped the primordial world through their sheer might.

Heroes of great deeds, great honor, great prowess.

Many a story has been written about people of this breed, with whom we are so smitten with reading about.

This is not one of those stories.

Indeed, not every race can be as graceful as the elves, or as honorable and stalwart as the dwarves, or even as quick-witted and resourceful as that short-lived race of mankind. That, however, does not preclude them from having stories to tell! Giants have their ancestral heroes, kobolds sing praises of their dragon masters, and even the ignoble, fleet-footed goblin has many a story to tell about ancient legends of the greatest thieves their race has ever produced.

But for our story, we look to a race of people often overlooked for such stories; a race thought to consist of nothing but uncouth brutes, with nothing to say worth hearing to the civilized ear; a race lacking in the refinement, grace, and perhaps even the morals of those more civilized; a race that many believe to not even be capable of posessing true sapience.

Today, we tell a story about orcs.

I had an idea. A very dumb one.

It's not my proudest one; it's not even really a good fit for this site, where the paragraph is king and verbosity is the name of the game. Not to mention, a lot of people don't like the idea of playing a dumb, graceless character; even characters on this site written to be dumb brutes often aspire to be badass and look cool while doing it. There's nothing wrong with that sentiment, but it leads to many types of character being disregarded.

But beyond that, a forum RP can be so dreadfully slow. Many a roleplay has died simply because the act of reaching even the end of the first page of posts within a matter of weeks is such a chore when requirements for posting are so often byzantine; how is one to conduct the back-and-forth necessary of a roleplay when such a back and forth requires such burden to carry along?

So forth comes my idea: What if instead of enforcing a post length minimum, a roleplay instead chose to enforce a post length maximum?

For obvious starters, the literary value of the roleplay would probably drop straight off a cliff; complex characters and great feats of derring-do couldn't be gracefully elaborated on, and clever characters wouldn't have the breathing room to describe their thought process.

So what if we removed all that? What if we played simple-minded, unheroic characters incapable of feats or emotions that can't be described in a few words? Thus, the idea of Orcs! was born.

In this proposed experimental roleplay, everyone plays an orc, and a dumb one, at that; think more Warhammer and less D&D or Lord of the RIngs, though the game itself will take place in a universe of it's own so I have an excuse for inserting my own bullshit plot devices into the world. In theme with the simpleminded nature of the characters, you will be compelled to limit your posts to no more than 20 words in length, as well as use no words a kindergartener wouldn't know. Truncade the sentences, and simplify your grammar as much as possible to make it fit, but these two rules shall be unbendable.

This will obviously be an intentionally lighthearted and comedic roleplay. People looking for a deep and complex literary experinece need not apply, unless you want to get really experimental.

Did you say orc?!?!? No did you really...never really learned to read. To busy feasting after my Orcish victories- No auto correct I did not want to say orcas!!

I love the concept of this. Sizniche Sizniche are you going to also serve as narrator/GM of some kind?

DID YOUZ SAY ORKS!? DEN KOUNT ME IN!!!

WE NEED DA DAKKAZ TO BE MORE RED TOOZ MAKE DA DAKKA FLY FASTA!

Twenty words maximum sounds tough, but can be done, especially if chiefly just for fun. I love the concept and want to make a mud-watcher, but I am slow and methodical and cannot post as readily as some, so I will pass. I look forward to seeing the shenanigans this group roleplay can come up with, however! Best of wishes, everyone.

Twenty words maximum will be the biggest struggle of my life. I just hope I can do it. 🥰

I love the concept of this. Sizniche Sizniche are you going to also serve as narrator/GM of some kind?
I'll do some scene-setting, since I anticipate it will be a necessity of the word limit, and i'll give you plot hooks to potentially follow. However, since I don't want this to end up being D&D without dice, I want to try and be as hands-off as possible and give you guys the chance to do your own wacky shit. What that actually means, I dunno; a lot of this is essentially toying with RPN meta and seeing what happens.

I'll do some scene-setting, since I anticipate it will be a necessity of the word limit, and i'll give you plot hooks to potentially follow. However, since I don't want this to end up being D&D without dice, I want to try and be as hands-off as possible and give you guys the chance to do your own wacky shit. What that actually means, I dunno; a lot of this is essentially toying with RPN meta and seeing what happens.
Well, this definitely feels like pushing the limits, and I'm in.

As long as I can pretend to be a warhammer orc, i'm in. Also, through in some goblins. Can't have a good mob without some gobbo's to kick around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back