• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Oppressive High School

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
I want to do a RP set in a high school, where the school is absolutely terrible. The staff doesn't give a fuck, the principal is oppressive, and the students are fed up

A group of rebellious students would try and enlist the help of various school clubs and the few good teachers to overthrow everything. Make the teachers quit and make the principal quit, while risking their own education and chance to go to college, as this school is the only one in the area until the next one is built to start 2 school years from then. Getting kicked out means no chance at college, so you're effectively trapped

Maybe it's like, the students don't try to change it? They use it to their advantage. They change all their grades to A's in the schools system, they skip class yet still are marked present on the attendance sheet. They yell, scream, and holler in the library. Stuff like that?

I agree with the above in a way. Sometimes the best way to change the system is to beat it, but then there wouldn't be much conflict in the RP. The more conflict and action the better for this to work :)

EDIT: also I like the idea of having clubs in the school that need convincing to join the resistance. Then the characters can all be in various clubs and have interesting motives

Last edited by a moderator:
ShurikenPhoenix said:
I agree with the above in a way. Sometimes the best way to change the system is to beat it, but then there wouldn't be much conflict in the RP. The more conflict and action the better for this to work :)
EDIT: also I like the idea of having clubs in the school that need convincing to join the resistance. Then the characters can all be in various clubs and have interesting motives
Agreed! I almost feel like, it could be the Goody-Goodies trying to change the school and make it a better place against the rebels who like it how it is cause there isn't any rules. The RP would mostly focus on the conflict around those two groups and eventually how they change or don't change the school.

[QUOTE="Elizabeth Schuyler]Maybe it's like, the students don't try to change it? They use it to their advantage. They change all their grades to A's in the schools system, they skip class yet still are marked present on the attendance sheet. They yell, scream, and holler in the library. Stuff like that?

[/QUOTE]
ShurikenPhoenix said:
So we'll have the over-achievers vs the delinquents

What would be their goal of influence? The clubs or the teachers? Because if the goal is to change or keep the school as it is, both of them hold a lot of value and influence to the school

Or is there something else you have in mind

Kylesar1 said:
So we'll have the over-achievers vs the delinquents
What would be their goal of influence? The clubs or the teachers? Because if the goal is to change or keep the school as it is, both of them hold a lot of value and influence to the school

Or is there something else you have in mind
Maybe it could be a domino effect. By influencing the teachers they can influence the students who respect the status quo. Perhaps the leader of the delinquents is a young teacher?

ShurikenPhoenix said:
Maybe it could be a domino effect. By influencing the teachers they can influence the students who respect the status quo. Perhaps the leader of the delinquents is a young teacher?
What if the young teacher is in a relationship with a student (like PLL) and he doesnt want the rules back cause he knows he'll be fired?

[QUOTE="Elizabeth Schuyler]What if the young teacher is in a relationship with a student (like PLL) and he doesnt want the rules back cause he knows he'll be fired?

[/QUOTE]
Oh like Ezra and Aria. Maybe. It might work who knows? But we just have to see what the GM thinks.

NightSky said:
Interested. ^_^
[QUOTE="Quiet Is Violent]I have missed so much. What is going on?

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Elizabeth Schuyler]What if the young teacher is in a relationship with a student (like PLL) and he doesnt want the rules back cause he knows he'll be fired?

[/QUOTE]
ShurikenPhoenix said:
Oh like Ezra and Aria. Maybe. It might work who knows? But we just have to see what the GM thinks.
I'll put the thread up soon, but here's the required parts of the CS for now.

Appearance: Pic preferred

Name:

Grade: Freshman, Sophmore, Junior, Senior, Teacher?

Orientation:

If there's anything else you feel I need to add, tell me

Kylesar1 said:
I'll put the thread up soon, but here's the required parts of the CS for now.
Appearance: Pic preferred

Name:

Grade: Freshman, Sophmore, Junior, Senior, Teacher?

Orientation:

If there's anything else you feel I need to add, tell me
Would you prefer real or anime appearances?

[QUOTE="Quiet Is Violent]Hate to be a bother, but when is the thread gonna be up?

[/QUOTE]
A combination of 2 RPs and my GF has kept me from making it

What should the name be?

NightSky said:
Interested. ^_^
Quiet Is Violent]I have missed so much. What is going on? [/QUOTE] [QUOTE="Elizabeth Schuyler]What if the young teacher is in a relationship with a student (like PLL) and he doesnt want the rules back cause he knows he'll be fired? [/QUOTE] [QUOTE=ShurikenPhoenix]Oh like Ezra and Aria. Maybe. It might work who knows? But we just have to see what the GM thinks. [/QUOTE] Here's the thread: [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/oppressive-high-school.240165/ said:
Casual - Oppressive High School[/URL]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back