Anime & Manga Opinion On Code Geass?

Heard of it, but haven't watched it. It's one of those anime that's always listed among the ones that have stood the test of time (like Cowboy Bebop and such).

I've been tempted, tried watching the first episode yeeeeaars ago and it just sort of baffled and bored me, if I recall.
But I hear it's great when you get a few episodes in so I might try again
The art style is a bit weird though

I've watched a decent amount of anime in my life and Code Geass is a top 3 watch for me. Absolutely fantastic anime that tackles a difficult question in a very realistic way.

If you had the power to change the world, what would you do with it?

Code Geass is one of those shows that should be an absolute hot mess and yet is somehow great, I think a lot of the charm is that just totally commits to its own batshit internal logic.

If you like waifus and action, it certainly gets better the longer you watch. But by the second season it loses its tactical mindful identity that made code geass and its main character lelouch such a fascinating show to watch. and instead was replaced by super sonic mechas that can end entire countries on their own. If you want a taste of the best from season 1, try watching the narita or shinjuku battle. There are some glaring flaws and flip flops that cheapen the story's narrative toward the end of season 2. Overall its a fantastic series.

Just don't think about the shit or do past episode 45. It gets really really bad. Like naruto shippunden bad.

But did you all know that they are making a third season? Can't say the title because it would spoil the season 2 ending, but yeah. Direct sequel, that one. A bit of a bummer since I loved how it ended.

Lelouch of the Revival

But did you all know that they are making a third season? Can't say the title because it would spoil the season 2 ending, but yeah. Direct sequel, that one. A bit of a bummer since I loved how it ended.

Lelouch of the Revival
I know this is just a money grab sequel but....

LOL I knew he became a second C2. He's probably immortal. kek

I've been tempted, tried watching the first episode yeeeeaars ago and it just sort of baffled and bored me, if I recall.
But I hear it's great when you get a few episodes in so I might try again
The art style is a bit weird though

Lelouch of the Revival
Wow I didn't know but I kinda had a feeling they would make another. Since in the original he doesn't really die.

I actually love Code Geass, the first season more than the second, actually. It actually had 'tactics' and mind games. Compared to the second season, where the one who has the best Gundam wins, and a certain Geass command to 'live' is placed on a certain pilot.

I'm a really big fan of the show, but boy is the end of R1 and the start of R2 incredibly bad. The show from that point on also has some low points, but are overshadowed by its finer points. Overall I'd give it an 8/10.

I'm watching the second season right now (though I already know the ending THANKS ANIME GURU), and I've seen the first season.
My brain hurts every time I watch an episode, but it's the good kind of hurt. I like anime that make me think. However, a lot of the time, I was so freaking confused. A lot of "Wait, who's this guy?" and "WAIT WHAT IS THIS THING?" I don't understand mecha anime as well as others unless I'm given an explanation of what they are/how they work (which is why Eureka Seven has been extremely painful thus far), but this one has been fairly enjoyable.
It may not be in my top ten, but ask about my top twenty and it's there. Not to mention Bosch made a great English Lelouch.

But rip Shirley x Lulu XD

The second season's 1st episode confused me- aaa but Rolo gives me life. I love him.
I mean I hated him but I love him??
it's such a complicated feeling ||D

[PERSONAL OPINION]
Story
: 9/10 (that ending made even me shed a tear and the overall structure was well-done)
Action: 7/10 (mechs, magic, tactics, open battlefield combat.)
Character Development: 5/10 (several characters change without breaking the character too much)
Visuals: 7/10 (it has some pretty moments every now and then)
Soundtrack: 9/10 (other than the opening, this actually has some pretty good tunes)
Opening: 10/10 (IMO best ever)

Overall: 8/10 (Although it is worth noting that Season 2 is inferior in comparison)

Best opening ever

It's my friend's favorite anime and I've been meaning to watch it, but it definitely seems really good.

Holy wow I remember this. Watched it when the first series was broadcasting, so that would be what, nine years ago? I pretty much only remember Lloyd. And the pink-haired princess with the machine guns, that was hilarious. Aside from that... there were... robots. Yeah. I don't know if it's enough to make me want to rewatch it, to be honest. Although I don't watch cartoons as much as I used to. My attention span is too

I thought the way they ended it was really interesting. I ended up watching the series in really disjointed episodes across years, but the ending still impacted me and really made me think. No spoilers, but it was still pretty unforgettable in my opinion.

It's one of my favorite, I've watched it three times over already (a couple years in between each watching lol) and every time it pulls at all the right heart strings for me.

I think the first season was much better than the second one, it's confirmed that R2 was toned down by the author because the TV schedule changed and it was moved from 21:00 to 17:00 and so it couldn't be that dark. I can't even imagine what R2 would be if he put in his all.

It's one of my favorite animes, I'm not that big on mecha settings and such but I've overlooked that. I'm a sucker for mind games and psychology so I enjoyed Lelouch's struggles. Should I mention that I've roleplayed as him like crazy back then, I was also nicknamed Lulu in highschool. And just at that time we had a play going on at school and I had to play the king and when my loyal guards said: Yes, your majesty! I got all tingly and happy, thinking I was the best gangster in town. It just reminded me of Lulu so...
I actually binge watched this anime, it only took me like 3 days or something [and I only do this when something really interests me]. I recommend it.

Always wanted to cry fowl, thought it was an ugly duckling. If I said that though, my goose would get cooked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back