Opinion Opinion on ASMR?

pastel.skies

respect the drip KAREN
Is it just me, or do i feel that ASMR is truly chilling?

I was listening to AMSR, when suddenly i got a chill up my spine. It makes me feel weird. What are ya’ll’s thoughts? Because i can’t say i love it, but i can’t say i hate it...

I won't say I hate it but I do find it to be pretty grating, personally. It ends up having the opposite effect on me usually and I end up irritated lmao. But I know several who really like it.

Some of the chewing ones are super uncomfy to experience and to see, however, I tend to listen into the ones that clean your ears? If you have earbuds (not headphones) it's almost like getting a massage I suppose ? It's hypnotic enough to put me to sleep at least. I've always had sensitive ears anyway, so having physical echos or phantom movements/sensations around them seriously send chills up my head.

Some of the chewing ones are super uncomfy to experience and to see, however, I tend to listen into the ones that clean your ears? If you have earbuds (not headphones) it's almost like getting a massage I suppose ? It's hypnotic enough to put me to sleep at least. I've always had sensitive ears anyway, so having physical echos or phantom movements/sensations around them seriously send chills up my head.
Agreed!!

I don’t think I get the chills up my spine or much physical reaction from it at all, but I still love it, haha. I’m not too into the mouth sounds though I do love a good chewing video since the food looks so GOOD, rofl—but there are certain sounds I’m into like nail tapping, ear cleaning, water noises, hair brushing, brushing mics, just to make a few. Most of all I love the whispering. There’s something about it that’s very comforting to me. It’s helped me so much with my anxiety and sleep.

I don’t think I get the chills up my spine or much physical reaction from it at all, but I still love it, haha. I’m not too into the mouth sounds though I do love a good chewing video since the food looks so GOOD, rofl—but there are certain sounds I’m into like nail tapping, ear cleaning, water noises, hair brushing, brushing mics, just to make a few. Most of all I love the whispering. There’s something about it that’s very comforting to me. It’s helped me so much with my anxiety and sleep.
Sometimes thats me, just because i’m always listening to the tapping sounds lmao <3

I just don't get it. I've tried to but I believe I'm one of those people who get nothing from it. If I want to feel something there's music for that. If it does something for you however, by all means indulge.

If asked, I'd say I'm not a fan. HOWEVER, I do follow one (...maybe more) asmr account on instagram so maybe I'm in denial.

I don't get any good feelings from it at all. Most of the time, it's just like nothingness to me.

I really dislike the sound of whispering and I always have. It's weird to me that people like it but then each to their own.

I used to cringe at asmr until I couldn't sleep one night and just tried it. Now I can't go a single night without listening to asmr videos
Mostly tapping, hair dresser ones??, ear cleaning or picking, cozy rp ones (only from PPOMO) where she's your roommate taking care of you, or a friend helping you through a sleepless night
It mostly depends on what I'm feeling that night or how tired I am.

The asmr where they are eating things is downright disgusting who in their right mind wants to listen to someone eat food and smack their lips!?

i really like asmr :) i have anxiety and its rly the only thing that calms me down at night. i usually watch things like hand/water sounds, hypnosis, and visual asmr like lights/hand movements.

I really like ASMR. Whether it be crunching, chewing, even gulping drinks is satisfying to me. I don't get a physical reaction to it, but I love listening to it. Soap carving ASMR is something I'm getting back into. If you don't know what it is, it's basically someone who carved a bunch of grooves into a bar of soap cutting the grooves off until the surface is smooth just like before. It's fun to listen to for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back