Ophirius player application

Ophirius

Chin-Chin's slave

Hello!

My name is Ophirius and I'm interested in joining your roleplay (duh lol). I would say I consider myself a detailed if not a semi-literate writer but the goal is, of course, to get even better and since I don't really have any other obstructions than school I'm quite active on this site. There isn't really any specific times that I'm online but it's also a rather complicated matter as I'm Swedish and you know, time zones. What I can say for sure however is that I'm, most of the time, fairly slow when it comes to writing posts which is a little con to take into consideration but I always try my best!
As for characters I don't really have a preference, mainly because I'm trying to make my creations differ from each other which makes it hard to pinpoint a trait which is usually included but I do have a thing for eccentric fellas and motherly sweethearts (aaaaand reclusive oddballs of purity). Besides that, I like to implement real life problems/handicaps (don't cut me pls if ur a triggered bun) in my character's stories or current state.

My goals for this roleplay, just like every other roleplay, is to develop my writing and get a better grip on the art of portraying an OC consistently; alongside that I'm also curious about the new interactions that this will bring and how the story will evolve.

Here's the writing sample ^^

Scarlet silk strings fluttered in her mind beneath closed eyes, memories as fleeting as time itself when faced with the horror of an unavoidable tragedy. A trembling breath escaped the silence of fear, a pain so volatile yet haunting; the melody of bones breaking as a result of sticks and stones held presence, but beyond comprehension, and all implying the same thing: a certain death.
Tears were nonexistent in this godforsaken place between life and death, her will nothing worth and body merely a pile of limbs restricted by the harsh matter of polyester webbing. No time was spared and no mercy was given. Similar to how a feather abducted by a swift breeze stirred, the gravity tossed her coarsely around however it pleased. And the metal cage that held the human buckled in its encounters with mother earth, each tumble a ruckus of inability to endure. All mocked by the night sky's heavy rainfall that spilled its laughter over the scene in the shape of tiny droplets.
Diaphanous glass shattered left and right, the sound indistinguishable just like her frightened heart's pitter-patter. Then all of sudden, everything ceased to be. Freezing water caught the vehicle in its embrace, dulled the violent tremors and silenced the womans exasperated breaths into a tranquil descent plagued only by a sharp pain on the side of her waist.
The eerily still mind was struck with shock at the sensation; already neck deep into the murky yet transparent lake when the first sharp inhale surfaced after a pregnant pause of chaos.
Ada Joan Arkwright had unconsciously halted her most vital function somewhere along the road up to this point but this wasn't the end. She swore to god that it wasn't.
Numbed hands fumbled beneath the pressure of merciless cold, the scarlet strings from before now vividly wrapped around her riotous heart as she struggled to undo the seat belt. The woven strap eventually came undone with an encouraging 'click' and Ada immediately moved to haul herself through the broken car window when the water reached the roof above.
This was nothing compared to those times.
Blurry darkness greeted her gaze as fast as she left the wreck and there was a moment of hesitation before her burnt umber eyes caught sight of a light piercing the nothingness. Without wasting another second upon contemplating she began to reach for the blessing with her lithe frame, ignored the lungs which preached a risk of bursting.
Surviving, that was all that mattered.
A slender hand arose from the dim surface of the lake, was closely followed behind by Ada's golden pileum and a strained gasp. Panicky she flailed her arms, face expression contorted in absolute shock at the sudden realisation that crossed her mind; she was alive and breathing. Or well to be more accurate, panting sorely. Nevertheless she was still, more or less, alive. A miracle, one could call it.
Ada steadied her gaze onto the nearby shore, concluding in her mind and unconsciously verbalised that it was best to get out of the water first.
Although her whole body was numb, she remained determined. In quick strides, she cut through the lake and soon reaches land. Hoisting herself up onto the soil and laying on her back, she sucked in fresh air, trying to calm the shaking body. Taking in a deep breath, the sharp pain from before returned, and as she looked down, she saw blood. A lot of it.
Her heart picks up as she stared wide eyed at the sharp of glass embedded into her stomach. In an act of panic, she tries to call out for help, looking around her before realizing that wasn't in the same environment she thought she remembered her being in. Fear ran through her veins. Where the hell was she?
Murmuring nonsensical words, she kept looking around, trying to look for someone, anyone to help her. When she realizes no one's coming and most likely won't anytime soon, she looked down at her stomach, focusing on trying to calm herself.
"You have to calm yourself down..." Ada whispered to herself, face riddled with concern and agony.
Shakily placing her hand on her stomach, she grasped the glass shard, gasping as pain shot through her stomach.
"Get it over with." She told herself, closing her eyes tight as she counts to three in her head before ripping it out.
The blonde cries out in pain, gathering up cloth from her shirt and presses it on the wound. A wheezing complain escapes the clenched teeth and while uncontrollably trembling she tears the shirt apart to reveal a deep gash.
"Shit.."
Indeed, this was not just a simple scratch on the surface of her skin, no it was a cut that would require proper treatment. Something that wasn't available at the moment. All Ada had to work with was herself and the knowledge which she had obtained through years of studying religiously. Briefly put there was little help to get at the moment, but even then it was worth a try if it meant postponing death just for another minute or so.
She heaves the second deep breath after having reached solid ground and settles on her knees before scooting closer to the lake. Ada yanks the shirt free from the skirt which it had been stuffed under, reaps a strip of fabric with the glass shard and folds her rag several times prior to drenching it in water.
An objecting sigh is drawn as the duty dawns upon her and she brings her cloth close to the gritty wound while mumbling convincingly.
"There are no benefits waiting for the one who avoids their fears."
-
After quite some time she finishes cleaning the injury, wraps it up with another rag made out of her skirt that was slighty more elastic and decides to head forward. But alas, Ada doesn't limp very far before a group of rough looking men are sighted on the path ahead and she has to brace herself for the inevitable encounter.
Both companies exchanges questioning gazes. With their strange medieval attire it was easy to place them as the odd ones but considering the situation whereas she seemed to be the only one different it was probably the other way around. Swords and crossbows, they were wielding things that Ada had never seen. Perhaps in a fairy tale yes but personally and up close? No, this was definitely new.
"Are you lost fair maiden?" One of the men suddenly exclaims, his friends are quick to chime in.
"Looking quite ruffled up are we? Were you attacked by thugs?" A snicker is shared throughout the band and they resume their approach that had momentarily halted due to her sudden appearance.
Ada cautiously retreats a few steps backwards, lifted her chin in an endeavour at seeming perfectly confident while her stomach churned anxiously. They clearly intended to do more harm than good, an impending doom lurking over the act of blatant sarcasm.
Even though she hated the thought of yielding for this gang of barbarians she hated the possibility of getting caught by them more and therefore turned to sprint when it all became obvious.
"Do you want some help?".
There was no escape.   
In one second Ada found herself facing a majestic horse mounted by what she assumed was the gang's overhead and in the next something blunt hit her from behind. Needless to say, it all went black after that.

Hello hello! Your app checks out just fine, so welcome to Aegis!

Users who are viewing this thread