• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Operation Spirit - Paranormal SCP-inspired RP (Interest Check)

Viper Actual

Ask me about my tourniquet fetish.
Supporter
OS Banner Operators Slim.png
WELCOME TO OPERATION SPIRIT, AGENT
It is the year of 2004. The United Nations had just passed Resolution 1566 to further combat global terrorism and to encourage member states to cooperate through a special counter-terrorist committee.

At the same time a second resolution was passed in secret with the number of people being aware of its existence totaling to the number of nine.

While the world witnessed the beginning to the global War on Terror certain individuals of the United Nations Security Council had just started the war on the paranormal.

Over the decades some myths and rumors had turned into reality. Demonic incursions. Twisted creatures. Evil ghosts. Un-explainable phenomena. Reports had been written and subsequently buried to protect the public. Government cover-ups had made sure of that to prevent all manners of catastrophes.

Eventually deciding to combat this some member states of the UN joined forces to fund the International Covert Safekeeping Committee (ICSC for short). On paper this committee did not exist alongside other UN committees and its funding was drawn in secret from various other UN committees such as the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda and many, many more.

However it wasn't until 2004 when this committee could begin their work. Case files submitted from various national security agencies around the globe were archived. Plans were drafted for the securing and containment of these phenomena in order to protect the public.

By the year 2010 the organization received additional funding and that's when the program started for real. Fifteen Paranormal Activity Divisions (PADs) were formed under the UN-ICSC to respond, investigate, secure, contain and protect paranormal entities worldwide. Based in Greenland the ICSC operates out of a facility known simply as Sigma Site. From there efforts are coordinated between the UN Security Council, UN-ICSC and the respective PAD-teams.

While initially slow these efforts are gaining more momentum with every passing year.

It is now 2015. Demanding faster results with bigger impact the UN Security Council has allocated even more funds to the ICSC. In turn the ICSC have ramped up their efforts and are now preparing to undertake their largest mission yet:

Operation Spirit.

RULES & INFO

Hello and welcome to Operation Spirit. Initially I will begin with a simple interest check and from there on we'll work out OOC, Character Sheets, etc. As a player your character will be an agent with Paranormal Activities Division 13 (PAD 13) - affectionately referred to as the Black Cats.

ICSC agents specialize in a single field. It can be anything ordinary from biology and forensics to more unorthodox fields such as cryptozoology and ghost-hunting. Agents are recruited from a variety of organizations and communities and PAD-teams are usually mixed with ex-military operators and researchers upon deployment.

RP-wise I encourage unique original characters and seeing as this RP will explore paranormal elements there will be a large focus on the Human psyche as the characters encounter entities that would drive some people towards insanity.

Rules:
1. At least two paragraphs per post. If you struggle with writer's block it's okay- I'm sure most of us can relate and even help you out.
2. Behave. I don't care much for drama and should you have issues with a player take it up privately and work things out.
3. Follow RPN guidelines. I shouldn't have to explain this one in detail.
4. No fourth wall-breaking or overpowered characters. While paranormal in theme this RP is grounded in reality.
5. Most important rule: Have fun! My goal is for us all to enjoy ourselves.

If you are interested in joining leave a post here or, should you have any questions/concerns, feel free to send me a DM!

Links:

Last edited:
CS and OOC threads are up!

norway norway SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Paolumu Paolumu Physiicz Physiicz Xcavation Xcavation Azerate Azerate ONI ONI Mr. Nebula Mr. Nebula

Bumping this in case more people are interested in joining. There's still plenty of room and you'll able to join the action right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back