• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Operation: SOLDIER

Frozen Nebula

Fandom Roleplayer
giphy.gif

"Director Fury has specified that you personally should undertake this task, stating that you have the correct skills and abilities to be able to find and track target. I must stress that this is a covert mission - you are simply to find the target and track his whereabouts. You are not to approach the target at any point, or try and bring the target in. The target is incredibly dangerous and unstable, take every caution to avoid direct contact or combat."

Letting out a long sigh, Lucy Phoenix stared at the photographs that had come with the target file instantly recognising the person who had become the focal point of her next mission with SHIELD. Sergeant James Buchanan 'Bucky' Barnes. A World War II hero and veteran turned villain, and now an incredibly dangerous and unstable man.

She absently flipped through the photos, looking at the devastation and destruction that had followed his every move; he had become almost like a hired hitman, following the instructions of some unknown identity, a trail of bodies being the only remaining trace of him as he moved on to his next location.

"I don't really see how phasing abilities are going to help me trace a madman," Lucy started, addressing the empty room as she reached the end of the file and flipped it shut. "Tracking was never really my strong point. Always preferred to do the hacking and technology stuff. But I guess we all have to start somewhere."

Getting to her feet, the blonde stretched out her limbs and did as they always had to when completing a file; shred and burn it.

[OOC: I figured at this point neither of our characters know that they would be working together. You could just sort of enter the room with your own file on Bucky and then they can get into interacting]

Annika chewed on her lip, her body wrought with nerves, as she thought about her current assignment. Locating the decades old war hero turned hitman Sargent James Buchanan, or Bucky as he once liked to be called. Despite the amount of destruction left in his wake, the man was increasingly difficult to track. She supposed that was where she was to come in. Fury picked her due to her psychic abilities and maybe the fact that she could harness the power of fire. Annika was nowhere near the strength of Wanda Maximoff, and she probably never would be, but she had powers that was for sure.

Annika dumped the shredded file into her fireplace and with a wave of her hands the papers lit up. She had no idea who she was to be working with yet, just that another agent and one of the Avengers. She was set to meet them later on today and their mission would begin tomorrow.

Her visions would give them little insight on where Bucky was located, provided they could decode them. They never came through as clear messages, always some set of images that had to be connected. It would get them closer to him, but how close she wasn't quite sure.

She felt her dogs nose muzzle into her hand, a sign that he wanted attention. Annika smiled softly at him, rubbing his head slightly as she stood up. It was about time to get ready for the meeting, she was thankful it was a casual one, so she didn't have to dress in business attire. She pursed her lips as she looked through her closet, deciding on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans with a rip or two in each leg, a faded Mötley Crüe tee, a leather jacket and her favorite pair of Converse. She reapplied her mascara and some gloss. Leaving her dark hair to fall in its soft waves.

As she left she pat her dog on the head once more before locking her door and making her way out of her townhouse. The S.H.I.E.L.D. office wasn't a far and she had the time so she decided to walk. The sun was out and bright and she rummaged around in her purse until she found her aviators, placing them on her face and thankful for the reprieve they gave her from the light.

[Yeah, no problem! I think that makes total sense :)]

As Lucy made to exit, she felt her mobile phone start vibrating within her denim jacket pocket. Pulling it out, she glanced at the screen to see a hidden number. Of course, the only way that SHIELD ever communicated via a cellular network...Completely untraceable and hidden of course. Lucy swiped across the screen and placed the phone to her ear; temporary static and then a crisp clear voice.

"You are to meet your assigned partner at the corner of Glade Park at t-minus 14:30 hours. This is your only notification." Then the line went completely dead. Lucy furrowed her brows as she stowed the phone back inside her jacket pocket before checking the time on her watch. Glade Park was only a ten minute walk from her current location so it wasn't too difficult to get there, but there had been no mention of having a second person on the job. Not that Lucy minded of course; dealing with a former solider alone wasn't a particularly comforting feeling so at least this way she could share the challenge.

After the short journey in the warmth of the Spring sunlight, Lucy leaned against the tall wall at one of the entrances to the park, covered by the shade of a large oak tree. She checked her Samsung watch again and noted that she was still a few minutes early so instead she took to gazing around the park, watching dogs playing with their owners or people frolicking and enjoying the first few days of the warming sunshine. Lucy wondered how long it would be before she could act like a carefree adult again rather than one who was always on a sly, covert mission, forever hiding from prying eyes in dingy motels or, sometimes if they were lucky, upscale hotels and apartments.

Annika's Apple Watch started buzzing at the same time her phone did. She pulled the purple phone out of her back pocket and tapped the green circle to answer the call. "Your partner will be at the corner of Glade Park at exactly 14:30." With a beep the line went dead. She wondered who the agent was that she'd be working with. SHIELD employed many people, most normal civilians, some with more specific skills like her. Despite her humble upbringing, when she applied for a low-level position at SHIELD she never thought they would hire her. It was shot in the dark, then they realized she had some abilities and she would be of use to them.

The barista handed Annika her coffee, always iced no matter how cold it was in New York, and she thanked them with a small smile. All things considered, Annika knew she was one of the lucky agents. Especially when she was trusted with the tasks she was. Many agents didn't get to live where they wanted or lead normal lives outside of the agency. So long as she wasn't on a mission, she was free to do as she pleased. Which reminded her, she would have to get everything set up for the dog sitter by tomorrow. If she knew anything about SHIELD, they would want the mission started immediately.

By the time she made it to the corner of Glade Park, she had a couple of minutes to spare. Annika wondered if the other agent had made it yet, her suspicions were confirmed when she spotted a blonde woman leaning against a wall at the park entrance. They were the only two people that were casually waiting and from the looks of her, she was SHIELD. Annika stood near her, close enough they could hear one another talk, but not so close as to make others suspicious.

"Are you here for Morocco?" She spoke softly, using one of the many code phrases she had been given. The only place agents were allowed to openly discuss missions was in secured, SHIELD designated areas.

Lucy wasn't waiting long at all until her comrade joined her at the corner of the park. Both of them absently watching people frolicking in the Sun or playing catch with their dogs and chatting idly away. This was always how it was; get a mission anonymously, meet your seconds and then go and do what needed to be done but be quiet about it. Indeed, the second SHIELD agent approached but still remained a few feet away, enough to be in earshot but far enough to look as though they weren't together.

"Morocco indeed." Lucy responded, getting out her phone and pretending to check her messages as the two quietly spoke. "I know a third is supposed to be coming along for the vacation. I assume they should be here soon...We're still early."

Indeed, as soon as the clock turned 14:30, their third and final accomplice joined them, and Lucy was pretty stunned to realise it was the Captain America himself; Steve Rogers. Even though she had been working for SHIELD for a few years, she had never really had the luck or grace to meet one of the Avengers, and yet here one was right now up close and in the flesh.

Steve had donned some casual jeans and a skin tight white tee for the occasion (well likely it was a normal fit, but he was a super solider after all). And he joined them underneath the shade of the old oak tree, but settled on the grass and turned his back slightly to the two female Agents. Seems as though he had been doing some additional briefing himself, knowing the protocol and keeping things very non-chalant.

"Morocco sounds like a good vacation spot this year - I heard the food is great," Steve stated, seemingly the open world rather than to the 2 SHIELD agents stood just slightly behind him.

"True, we should probably check for flight ideas. I know a place we could get a decent connection." Lucy responded before turning on her heel and walking away. She knew they would not follow immediately, that wasn't the protocol after all. But her place was the closest and quickest to get to where they could speak without any eavesdroppers, and out of the sight of any prying eyes.

If it weren't for the fact that Annika's sunglasses were well shaded, anyone would have seen her eyes go wide at the arrival of their third partner. THE Captain America? It only made sense she supposed. After all Bucky had been his best friend. She wondered if that would make him compromised in anyway. That perhaps seeing his former best friend would make him forget the objective of the mission. She didn't dwell on those thoughts for very long, she didn't have the luxury.

It was a bit unfortunate she couldn't get a good look at him, at least not yet. She wondered if he was as attractive in person as he was in the media. Her heart pounded a little in her chest, this was the first time she would be working up close and persona with an avenger. She had run a few errands for them on specific missions, but never really worked with them. This had to have meant S.H.I.E.LD. was trusting her more, moving her up in the ranks, which excited her a bit more.

She stayed quiet for the most part, something that was rather unusual for her. She could be a rather animated individual. "Let's go find a nice flight, first or business class maybe?" She made a small joke to Steve, watching the other agent walk away out of her peripheral vision. Annika gave it a few seconds before leaving, taking just a mildly different route than the other agent, as was protocol.

It was short walk to what she only assumed was the female agent's living arrangements. Somewhere secure for them to all discuss things. Once they were all safely in and sure things were secure Annika removed her shades, revealing her vibrant green eyes. "Well, I guess I can start the introductions." She began with a soft smile. "I'm Annika, trained in weapons, combat and fire." She finished off, holding her hand out with the palm facing up. Floating just above her palm a ball of burned brightly, disappearing as soon as she closed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back