• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Operation Blackrise: IMPACT (OPEN RP)

(I'm fine with that. Good luck on your finals, and get well soon.)

(Howdy guys! I'm finally back after being punched in the gut by finals and the flu, if you're still up for continuing, great! If you're not, then I appreciate your stopping by.)

Crutch suddenly starts stretching, holding his arms out and rotating all his joints.
"Huh, that's odd, it feels like I've been standing in the same spot for a few days... Whatever, resuming task."
Crutch begins to walk off, but stops quickly and just stands there, realizing that he forgot what he was doing.
"Hey wait, where'd that Jack fellow and that Lady run off to?"
He spun his head around slowly, scanning the area for people. He catches sight of Louis, and begins walking back over to him.
"Yo"

"Hey," Louis replied. "You wouldn't happen to have any sort of data about NAVG-8 consoles floating around in your memory banks, would you? Cause it'd help a lot if we're going to bypass the need for the ship's network." He continued to try and unscrew the keyboard part of the console with the blade of his knife, being very careful not to cut himself.

"NAVG-8 Consoles huh? I'm not sure that I do. Let me check real quick."
Crutch's screen suddenly goes blank, only displaying the image of a grey triangle with a black arrow going down the center. There's a humming sound, like the one a laptop makes. He stands there for about a minute, before finally returning his face to the screen.
"So I got good news and some news of lesser quality than that."

"So here's the the dealio, the Fed has Emergency Support for NAVG-8s, but in order to receive it we need to be able to access the ES network, which requires an open area and a decent elevation. It would appear that the radiation from the ship is interfering. The good news is that the Fed has an ES network."

"Well, we can certainly work with that. All we need now is to get high and away from the ship enough to access that ES network." Louis decided to stop unscrewing the keyboard for the time being.

"Sure, seems like a plan. The only issue is I have no idea what this planet is. You have any geographical data? All I have are some Fauna and Flora files that the Fed installed as part of my task I WAS to assume here."

Louis scratched his head. "Well, any information of that sort would be stored up in here," he said, tapping his console. "Maybe if we access your files, we can figure out where exactly we are. And if that doesn't work, we can always... just get off of this beach."

"Well, before we go anywhere, we're definitely gonna need some fire power. Let's just say that the local Fauna are, much less than friendly..."

"True. And this dinky little knife isn't going to be of much use," Louis said, holding up his knife. "Maybe Jack and that Sienna lady are toting more firepower."

(Hey have you ever played Starcraft 2?)
"I'd bet one of them is. Although there's a few other options if they aren't, one of which includes entering the ship."

(No, I haven't.)
(I think you can just post where you left off, JPax.)
"If I'm being honest, I'd like to keep out of that wreck for as long as possible, but if it really comes to that..." Louis sighed. "If we do end up going in there, maybe we can find some other computer equipment along with weapons."

( capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Aight well, look up StarCraft 2 - Viking Quotes, that's what I imagined Crutch sounding like in case you were curious.)
( D duegxybus It's all good, just keep posting where you left off.)

He shivered, simulated by intense full body vibrations.
"Yeah, water and I don't necessarily get along too well..."

Last edited:
Code:
processor booting...
processor booted successfully
Class D.7302b labor machine online
Visuals booting...
Visuals booted successfully
Audio drivers booting...
Left audio driver booted sucessfully
Error
Right audio driver unable to boot
try again? y/n
n
Right audio driver unable to boot
Tactile drivers booting
Malfunction in tactile drivers C3 F9 D5 D6 D7 and E2
Tactile functions 87% operational
Attempt to repair? y/n
n
Processing data
D.7302b successfully booted!

Darkness surrounded the pile of junk as they sat in their mangle seat, head slowly swiveling side to side as to properly survey the interior as it was suddenly basked in a bright red light which persisted for only a second before sinking back into darkness. It was the escape pod, they could piece that together easily from their recent, albeit confusing, memories and the industrial style interior equipped with any number of practical devices. The door that was a few inches from their 'face' was buckled in such a way that there was light filtering in weakly through the two gaps in the center where the main crease was but the top and bottom corners seemed to be stuck somehow. In their metallic voice they cursed under their breath before slamming their fist on the mechanism that held them in place, a light hissing sounding out before the harness slowly lifted from around their shoulders, leaving them to suddenly fall forward in a slouch.

[CRITICAL DAMAGE IN TACTILE DRIVERS D5 AND D6 CAUTION REQUIRED] The words flashed across their visuals and screamed in the back of their mind as the threat was brought to the forefront. Cautiously they slowly reached around to their lower back, fingers dancing along their hips for a second before brushing against a large gash in the small of their back. A slick wetness drizzled over their fingers and they already knew what it was even without having to look. It must have popped one of their auxiliary coolant tubes. Cursing for the second time they twisted themselves to get a look at the back of the pod, noting more light filtering through a sharp gash that must have been made by something bluntly forcing its way through the metal. that was not good, their internals chirped before they swung back around to face the front of the pod, once again bathed in crimson. They had not noticed it before but there was a low wail coming from the light as well, a distressed sound that only served to further annoy the robot.

Figuring they had looked around enough the hulking android suddenly lifted its left foot and brought it against the metal door with a booming clang that certainly would attract anyone in the area. Figuring this they stopped for a second, foot still pressed hard against the door, and felt their hip for a second. Nothing. WIth a frantic energy the suddenly pushed themselves off of the seat, hand running along the dark ground for a second before the small area was once again illuminated by the warning light, revealing the small black and white handgun that had been shoved into a corner behind the seat. It must have been jostled out of the hostler while they were landing the robot thought as they snatched it up, looking over it curiously before slipping it into the holster with a satisfying click.

With that out of the way they turned their attention back to the door, bringing their foot up and kicking again causing the large dent to buckle back a little. They repeated once more, but it still would not budge. With some sort of electronic groan grating from the speakers of the robot they suddenly charged at the door shoulder first. At last it gave way, screeching as it was wrought from its resting place, the large robot blustering through into the open and quickly falling into the bubbling stream the pod had been resting in with a cry of shock. As quickly as they had fallen in they quickly stood back up, surveying the environment around them for a second.

The pod had been scarred badly from the landing, dark burn marks streaking along its bulbous form and external metal plates peeling off or missing entirely to reveal the electronics and framework beneath. The pod was not their worry however, the rest of the planet was. A small hissing was brought their attention, causing them to look down at their feet as a warning in the top left of their visuals read 'DETECTING H2S04 IN UNKNOWN LIQUID ADVISE CAUTION'. They didn't need a second warning, but they got a sudden sting of pain nonetheless before they half jumped out of the stream, stepping onto the bank to the left and looking back with an emotion relatable to disgust churning within their code.

Perhaps it had been a mistake to smuggle themselves onto this ship, but they had a job to do nonetheless and they were going to do it. Just as soon as they found a way off of this forsaken planet. Keeping this in mind they did an about face and started to stroll off into the wilderness, taking in every detail they could in case something or someone was trying to sneak up on them. All the while their left hand was gently pressing against the cold exterior of their gun, ready to pull at any moment.

"Something's wrong with this planet." Jack muttered to himself. He reached up to scratch his face, feeling the bristles of early facial hair across his chin. He could have sworn he was clean-shaven this morning. He joined the others, standing next to the woman he once knew.

"Electric dude, how many days have gone by? What kind of time schedule does this planet have? Why does it feel like we just got here?" He looked down at his boots, newly issued and polished black on entry but weathered and faded to a scuffed grey by prolonged days of exposure to sand.

"All connection ports have been placed around us. If someone has a working monitor or holopad, we can hurry up and get the fuck out of Dodge."

"Well, according to what little information I was provided with, the cycle of night and day here is 20 hours. And from what I can gather, we REALLY do NOT wanna exposed at night with some firepowah. Mister Louis has some NAVG-8 or something like that, you might check with him" Crutch tossed his arm in Louis' direction, turning to face Jack. Suddenly his attention turns to a freshly opened pod. Footsteps trailed off heading towards the jungle. At the end of them, Crutch spotted the robotic humanoid.
"Oh ho ho! Check out that mountain! Aye, and he's got a gun!" Crutch said excitedly.
"HEY! T-800, OVER HERE BUDDY!" Crutch called out loudly while jumping up and down and flailing their arms wildly.

LesDom LesDom KnightSergeant KnightSergeant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back