• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Operation Blackrise: IMPACT (OPEN RP)

Omega-3

Get your Omega 3 Fatty Acids, kiddos.
If you haven't signed up yet, please do so at the following link, thanks!
Operation Blackrise: IMPACT Sign-Up Sheet
__________________________________________________________________________________
Your pod hurls through the atmosphere, blazing like a comet as it races towards the planet's surface. The LP-65 Emergency Preservation Unit, nicknamed the "Space Pea" by the crew, is the United Deep Space Federation's latest escape pod model. Said to be the safest version yet, that claim was yet to be confirmed, as this was the first time they'd ever been deployed. You'd think that its spherical shape would have it spinning all around as it fell, but high output thrusters and various gyroscopic sensors ensured that it stayed top-side up at all times during it's descent. Clouds zoom by as your unconscious body lays motionless within, unaware of how fast your moving. As the ground grows closer and closer, the thrusters work in reverse slowing the pod until it connects with the foreign land.
*THUMP*
Your EPU makes a safe landing, it's cargo unscathed. Looks like the UDSF was right. While the pod is okay, the same can't be said for the unfortunate SkyChaser. It's helpless metal skin is torn at as the ship crashes through Gaith's atmosphere, eventually making a terrible crash landing in the bay a few miles from your location. You feel yourself coming to as the stasis fluid drains from the interiors. Light floods in through the small circular porthole, illuminating the inside of your escape vehicle. Suddenly, the door shoots off with a hiss of steam, landing in the sand 10 feet away. You shakily step out, laying your eyes on the scenery before you. A beach, covered in silky, white sand, bright blue water lazily rolling in and out at its edge. Other pods are scattered across the beach, eventually doing as yours had just done and launching their doors off. Shadows stir within them...
Looks like it's time to meet the survivors.

Last edited:
"Shit!"

Jack clambered out of the leaking pod, coughing out liquid and sopping wet. He tripped over the metal frame, falling into the sand and promptly vomiting. He breathed heavily, getting back on his feet slowly as he wiped his mouth. Alcohol and sudden landings do not mix.

"I hate these death traps. Anyone on a channel?!" He shook his holopad attached to his wrist hopelessly, stasis fluid dripping out of the machinery. He never assumed they weren't waterproof.

"Fuck!" He looked around, squinting his eyes to the harsh light and sandy air. In the distance he watched the SkyChaser plummet vertically and submerge itself on the horizon miles away. The name 'SkyChaser' became sort of ironic in the moment.

The first step was to look for survivors. Jack needed to hide among a colony, which means it was now time to establish himself with the others. He picked a direction and began walking, looking for other pods.

The slow hum of restarting systems and the click of calibrating joints filled the empty pod as Crutch begins to exit emergency mode. Eventually, his glossy, black, monitor-like face powers up. Two green, rectangle shaped eyes come into view looking around frantically. He flings himself out of his seat, vibrating as he shakes off some left over Stasis Fluid.
"Speaker check Testing, testing, is this thing on?"
The voice comes out scratchy, sounding like the audio from an old VHS tape. Crutch had seen better days in his time of operation, with exposed wiring and missing outer plating, that would be obvious to most. His matte white paint was weathered and somewhat dirty, but he didn't mind.
"What a trip!" He exclaimed.
"The Fed sure knows how to stage an Emergency Drill!" He laughs, but suddenly takes notice of the SkyChaser's ruined glory, laying smashed nose first off in the distant but shallow ocean.
"Oh shit, this isn't a drill"

Jack wandered the beach, thoroughly pissed off that an attempt to bunker down and colonize temporarily to escape Federation attention has now turned into the plot of Castaway. Openly he wondered if there were any other survivors, much less any that would understand the Castaway reference. He reached in the breast pocket of his jacket, pulling out soggy broken cigarettes. He tossed them away, fuming.

He watched a strange, slender machine pace from a pod in the distance. If it was another bloody Utility droid, Jack was going to execute himself.

"Ahoy!" He shouted.

Crutch, who was busy pacing in circles, turns in Jack's direction, spinning their head backwards to look at him before turning the rest of their body.
"Well isn't that the cat's pajamas, there's another survivor!" He says quietly to himself, tapping the side of his head.
"Aye, how goes it?" Crutch calls out, waving an arm in the air excitedly.
They begin to walk in Jack's direction, the antenna on the either side of his head twitching, probing for any sort of reading.

"Robot guy!" Jack jogged, catching up to Crutch.

"What in the hell just happened? That whole space rig just became a goddamn sea rig a good amount of clicks out. Can you scan for any survivors- actually, fuck that. Can you send up a distress beacon? This place is nice and Bahama and all but I'm trying to make this vacation a short one."

He looked the machine up and down. "Jeez, guy. You must have been commissioned a while back. Are those modifications approved by whatever corporation shat you out?"

"Oh, you must mean, 'SynCo, we build the future, by building better robots!' Those bastards have no idea what I'm up to right now. I hate to break the news to ya friend, but all I could grab on the way to my pod was an extra hand. I mean, we could through it in the air and hope someone sees it!" Crutch laughed, the expression on his face turning into an image of a neon sign with the word, "LAUGHTER" on it. He stopped after a bit, his eyes returning to the display.
"To be frank, I'm not too sure what happened."
Crutch reached to scratch his head, but stopped halfway, looking confused.

Sierra Valen
FSSH!

The door went flying off before the woman's closed eyes, crashing a few meters away from where her pod was. The fluid drained out in a loud splash, soaking into the sand in front of the pod. A few seconds passed, silence taking the place of the door's hissing sound. Unlike most of the survivors, the woman within the pod didn't move. She remained with her eyes closed, at least, until she heard two voices from in front of her. Her eyes suddenly opened.

Unfortunately, her sense of balance was lost too, and she found herself falling forwards into the sand. Her hands hit the sand, catching the rest of her body before she hit the sand with her face. Pulling herself to her feet, Sierra looked over to the two voices. She had to squint to prevent the bright sand's reflected light from burning her retinas. She looked at the two sources of the voices, soon making out that it was one person and one robot.

"H-Hello? Are you two real-?"

LesDom LesDom Omega-3 Omega-3

(Hope I did okay haha)

(You did fine! :) )

Crutch's head twists around, focusing on the woman standing by the pod behind him. The rest of his body then turns to face her, clicking as it rotates.
"Well it's a party now!" Crutch cheers, placing his hands on his hips.
"We got 3 people out of, what, 1,000? The Fed sure did everything in their power to make sure NOTHING could go wrong!" He chuckles a bit, stretching out his arm.
"Crutch, ID: 7619D... Whoops, sorry, it's an impulse."

SPLAT.

Louis J. Bucket fell face-first onto the sand, sopping wet, partially unconscious. The impact jarred him from his state, rebooting his slowly-dwindling senses. After taking a small moment to register the situation, he scrambled up onto his hands and knees, and eventually to his feet, dusting the sand off of his suit, face, and hair, and shaking off the heavily-dripping stasis fluid. He put his right hand to his forehead in a feeble attempt to quell the dull throbbing, and his left hand went to his left thigh; it came away sticky and red. His knife had cut him as he had jostled around in the pod.

"Oh shoot!" he said suddenly to himself, scrambling back to his pod. He sifted through the residual fluid, searching for something, before letting out a sigh of relief. His NAVG-8 console had survived the pod. Thank God for that. He sat back on his knees and cradled his precious console to his chest.

Opening the NAVG-8, Louis typed in the keys necessary to begin the boot-up process. The screen flickered green, sporadically at first, then steadier, before becoming solid and displaying the CSAR Corporation's logo, under which was a loading bar. As the loading bar filled, he surveyed the beach he had crashed unceremoniously upon, and found, a short distance away, other pods. And those pods were opening, and people were climbing out. There were more crash survivors! He stood, and started limping his way over on shaky legs. "Hey! Hey! Over here!" he called.

(I assume a like on my character profile means I'm cleared to go here?)

(Sure does, glad you could make it.)
Once again, Crutch's head twists backwards to look at the source of the noise.
"You know, I'm not too sure my neck joints are supposed to work like that..." He stares blankly for a bit, but then laughs, starting to jog over to the figure.

"Oh geez, oh man, am I glad to see another familiar face right now, even if that face belongs to a robot," Louis puffed, as the robot approached. "I-I-I just have no idea what went wrong. All the control gauges were in the green, all systems were at 100% functioning capacity, we were perfectly on course, and then... I-I-I just don't know. I don't think it was anything I did... at least, I hope not." He glanced back down at his NAVG-8, which was still booting up.

"Relax...Who ever you are, I'm sure it's not your fault," Crutch said, stretching out his arm.
"It's Crutch, pleasure to meet you."
The antenna on each side of his head snapped forward and faced towards Louis, very slowly shifting around as they gathered data.

"Thank Space Jesus you have a working console. How soon you think until we can make a move off this place?" He asked Louis.

"Oh, er...name's Jack, by the way." He did a double take, stunned as another survivor, a tall woman with assaulting violet features, entered the fray.

"Sierra?! What the shit? What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"Heh. Space Jesus. That's a good one," Louis said quietly, before shaking his NAVG-8 roughly. "Well, Jack," he continued, even though Jack's attention was directed elsewhere, "I'm not entirely sure, because this stupid thing hasn't booted up yet-"

He broke off mid-sentence as something new registered on his console's screen: an error message. //ERROR: connection to network SkyChaserWiFi not detected//please connect to network SkyChaserWiFi to continue//

"Dangit!" Louis exclaimed, pounding on the console's keyboard in frustration. "I forgot, it won't work unless it's connected to the ship's network. And that's toast right now," he added wistfully. "So I guess... we don't have a working console."

"Well, fuck me. I guess we're manually establishing a distress signal." Jack ran back to the nearest pod, grunting in effort as he tore off strips of the outer metal layer, the air filled with loud screeching. He returned, in his arms a bundle of scrap.

"If we set up antennae around the local area, connect them through a grid and rewire that console, we can bypass the network request and send out electronic outputs. If there's some form of feedback looping from this location, it should be able to be picked up on a nearby scanner. The problem is, I don't know how far the signal will be able to reach nor if there's even anyone close enough right now to pick it up. But, in essence, fuck it. Nothing else we can do." Without another word Jack ran off, molding the metal into rods.

Sierra Valen
Sierra rubbed her eyes when she realized she was looking at Jack Monroe. "Jack? I wasn't looking for you or anything!" She stepped a bit closer, still slightly shaking from the effects of the stasis pod. As she neared the group, she took a good look at everyone. Robot, young male survivor, and...Jack.

"Damn, I can't believe it. You were a regular at my bar, weren't you?"

LesDom LesDom Omega-3 Omega-3 capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

"A little too regular. I've never found any bar compatible to the companionship and absurdity of that joint. I can't remember the name for the life of me. It's good to see you though. What brings you...here?" He asked awkwardly.

"I mean, I never really thought settling down and colonizing was your speed. Can't say it's mine, either. It's been a while, I've got so many questions. You still a good shot with that Incinerator pistol I gave you? Have you heard from any of the rest of the group? I got a weird message Odysseus a year ago, but the file was corrupted and I couldn't trace the origin or read it. This might sound rude but I'm shocked as hell you're alive."

While Jack and Sierra were catching up, Louis continued to whack the NAVG-8 console in frustration. Without a connection to the SkyChaser's network, there wasn't much hope in the way of sending up a signal. And he was honestly pretty skeptical about Jack's ability to jury-rig a working network router-slash-transmitter-slash-entire network from nothing but a few escape pods.

The idea of rewiring the NAVG-8 to bypass the network request seemed like a good idea, though.

But all in all, Louis was still feeling pretty miserable. First the ship crashed, then his leg got cut, now their only chance at sending out a distress signal had dwindled to some very small factor... It was the perfect excuse to feel crummy.

"Well isn't this such a fun time! A bunch of people I don't know, the gangs all here!" Crutch said as he jumped up suddenly, wrapping his metal arms around the group.
"Man, I haven't been stuck in the same place with a bunch of strangers since that one time back in- never mind, that joke's way before our time."
He changes his face, flashing the word "Nam' " on his face while snickering.
"Speaking of being places, what brings all you fine folks to being riding on the SeaSinker?"
He glances over at the ship sitting off in the ocean, deciding to plop down in the sand. He pulls his knees in close to his torso, proceeding to wrap his arms around his legs.

"That is now a question I can't answer. I just wanted to expand from a simple attendant and bartender. That's really about it. I figured you traveled a lot too." Sierra gave a smile and turned to the robot to listen to what he had to say.

"Well, opportunity?" Sierra tilted her head, and shrugged, as though she was trying to sound intelligent. Or worthwhile.

"I got a message from my manufacturers, SynCo. It said that my service was required on an important mission to serve under the title of Wildlife Repulsion. Any excuse to go shooting new beasts is fine by me, but what was super shady is that there were really odd instructions. Like, super weird," Crutch shifted around awkwardly as he spoke, turning his head towards Sierra when he was finished.
"You mind reading this? I want a second opinion on this Doc. The more I look at it, the more -off- it seems."

Without another word, Jack ran off, his arms full of metal bundles and shouting at Crutch.

"Tin man, let's go! I need a computer to help me with this. We're making a triangular three-point base, and I need an area where a signal will transmit the most. Lead the way!"

(Howdy guys, I've been a decent amount of sick lately, besides that I've got finals starting very soon, within a few days. Would you guys be cool to pick up again on the 23rd? I'd message you when it would be time to start again.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back