• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy open world rp?

cran

Dumb, gay, and ready to play
This is barely even a full idea yet but I haven't seen a lot of casual open world style RPs on this site and I was wondering if that would be anything anyone would be interested in. I like the premise of creating a world and then just kind of letting people run wild with their characters within it, interacting and exploring as they choose. I was in a group like this on Discord before but I felt like I didn't mesh well with most of the players and there were so many people that it got kind of hard to keep up with. Still I had a lot of fun while I was there and I think it'd be a fun thing to try!

Possible world themes I was thinking of were like, something Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon/Rune Factory inspired (basically a low fantasy village kind of setting), or else maybe another classic RPG like fantasy setting. Anyway sorry this is just me spitballing. If this is someone other folks think they might be into I'll definitely try to put together something more well thought out lol. Consider this the rough-draft of this premise.

Thanks for reading xo

Hey guys quick update! Been super busy with work so I havent had as much time to work on this as I'd like but I'd still definitely like to do it. I was thinking of running it on Discord because i like the multiple channel system but I'm open to suggestions on that. Hopefully I'll have a chance to post a more detailed concept soon. Thank you for your interest and your patience!

Hey guys quick update! Been super busy with work so I havent had as much time to work on this as I'd like but I'd still definitely like to do it. I was thinking of running it on Discord because i like the multiple channel system but I'm open to suggestions on that. Hopefully I'll have a chance to post a more detailed concept soon. Thank you for your interest and your patience!

No worries here, you can take your time and I'm up for Discord!

working on the discord right now (i just got home from work)

im considering opening access to it early (as in pre-actual-rp) to discuss stuff that people might want to see included in the world if that would b of interest to anyone. i like the idea of this being more collaborative you know? i still wanna work on it a little before that but like this post if thatd be something youd wanna be a part of. i imagine the world will grow and get developed more as the rp goes anyway but this would basically be some of yall coming into the discord to offer input.

one thing i know im planning on so far is making different ic channels for different locations within the world because i think it gets too chaotic when a lot of players are all in the same space all fighting to get a word in and this could break that up a bit. so sort of the stage im working on at the moment is putting together a few starter location channels that people might want to place their characters in.

I can help and give advice! I've made discord servers before c:

Lots of people do the IC channel thing, so you're on the right track lol

I'd be interested in this as well and am also ok with it being on Discord.
Also, multiple ic channels are preferable for group rps. Discord gives you the opportunity to make multiple channels, so why not make use of this feature.
Only problem you could face here is characters travelling to different locations, so you'd have to figure out a general mechanic for travelling (maybe).

Don’t rpers have to end an rp/scene at the location then they can move their character anywhere they want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back