• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Sam had closed her eyes, waiting for her doom. Of course when that didn't happen and the wizard stood, she wrapped Azalea in a firm but caring hug. "Morgan's gone, and Merlin is alive." She told her, pulling away. The necklace rested firmly on her chest, a ghost of a smile forming on her face. She glanced at the wound in her hand, wincing.

Once Morgan was gone, Lucas dropped the battleaxe and staggered over to where Niko was standing. He reached out and gave the zombie a firm, friendly pat.

“Gotta hand it to ya, kiddo: that was one gutsy move, going out there against her with nothing but your mouth running. And if it weren’t for that, we wouldn’t have learned something very important about her. So: I owe you an apology and a beer when we get back.”

<< "It's been about a thousand years or so...," Randy replied to Taliesan as he put an arm around Roxy's shoulder. "Welcome to 2021." >>

Taliesan shook his head. “Do not exaggerate with me, young man. No power I know could cause a thousand years’ sleep, nor could I have survived it. Tell me in truth, how long?”

Tom stepped forward. “Good sir: I was born in the year of our Lord 862. I am the grandson of the one you called Galahad or Lancelot. I am a vampire: I was turned when I was 30, and have been ‘alive’ for over a thousand years since. Randy speaks the truth: it is now the year of our Lord 2021.”

Taliesan scoffed. “A ‘vampire?’ A creature of the night, undead who feeds on blood? Your tale is more preposterous than his!”

Tom sighed and picked up his sword. “Watch this, sir. See this blade, with the silver edge? I lay it against my skin, and it burns. I cut myself with it, it does not heal at once, but it does not bleed.” So saying, so he did, and showed the results to the wizard.

Taliesan blinked a couple of times, then sat back in shock. “Then, legends of the undead are true? And all those people I have ever known have turned to dust in the pages of history. How did I survive?”

Tom shook his head. “We do not know. What age were you when Morgan locked you in the ice?”

Taliesan considered as he examined his hand. “I was 48 years of age. If my hand is any indication of my face, though, I am guessing that I have aged considerably from then. More’s the pity: I enjoyed my maturity, I doubt I will enjoy senescence.”

<< [Mai] tried walking over to Tom, but with her magic fatigue, she ended up stumbling into his arms and wrapped her arms around him. It could have looked planned, but it really was just a lucky coincidence for her.

"Looks like we pulled it off...," she sighed happily. "Carry me to bed, tiger...preferably yours." She pressed her head against his chest. >>

Tom picked her up in his arms and cradled her. “Soon enough,” he murmured, “once we get home.” He turned away from Taliesan to tend to Mai.

<< "Everyone OK?" [Roxy] asked. She glanced around at everyone, stopping her gaze on Azalea and Sam. "Shit...that's a lot of blood," she sounded concerned. >>

Azalea seemed to be coming around slowly, reaching up to grip Sammy’s arm.

<< [Sam] wrapped Azalea in a firm but caring hug. "Morgan's gone, and Merlin is alive." She told her, pulling away. >>

Taliesan rubbed his tongue with his hand. “What is this language that I am speaking? It flows oddly across my tongue.”

Azalea spoke up weakly. “It is the English of the Western Colonies across the ocean, sir. Much has changed since your time.”

“Colonies across the Western Sea? Surely you jest! How would one survive the journey over the edge of the world?”

There was a ripple of mirth among the general group, which caused Taliesan to knit his brows. “There appears to be some joke to which I am not privy. Pray tell, someone enlighten me?”

Azalea spoke up again. “Our apologies, good sir. For many centuries now all learned men have known that the Earth is round like a ball, and has no edge. We consider you one of the wisest of wizards: therefore it seems odd to hear your question show that you did not know that now well-known fact.”

Taliesan considered. “I would suppose there are many such changes I will learn about in time. So, are all here wise men of your time? And if so, what great wisdom impels you to seek me out after a thousand years?”

Once again a murmur passed through the crowd, and Tom chuckled. “We are but the patrons and staff of a new bar with a rather unusual twist. As I am a vampire, so are many of our patrons. Others are werewolves, zombies, nymphs and other unusual types. But most of us know the legends of Merlin, Arthur and Camelot, and revere what Arthur did.

“As Arthur sought unity between the Christians and the Celts, so we hope he might bring together our warring sides to make peace.”

Taliesan snorted at that. “Arthur did not succeed, except it would appear in myth. Unless the power and drive of his legend are sufficient to make it true, you’ll have little more luck with Arthur at your head than any other decent monarch. But if the power of a legend is what you seek, then we shall make a valiant effort.

“For the meantime, how do we get home?”

Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns shadowdude505 shadowdude505 BasilOwO BasilOwO

Mai smiled at Tom and closed her eyes; trying to rest in his arms. She couldn't help chuckling at Taliesan's outdated knowledge and giggled into her palm.

Randy and Roxy also found Taliesan's gap in knowledge to be a little amusing, but he'd been asleep for a thousand years, so it should have been expected. Neither of them felt like a wise man. They weren't really sure what their life calling was, but they knew that they wanted to try to have a life together; fighting for it if they had to.

Their happy expressions quickly faded into a more thoughtful expression after the question about going home was asked.

"H...how do we get home?" Roxy asked Azalea.

Gwalihir Gwalihir BasilOwO BasilOwO Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

She glanced down at her, before once more glancing at Taliesan. She scanned him over, taking note that while he had been dead? If that was the right word, he had aged a lot. She remembered the times when she herself had found books based on him, and how she so wished she could meet him. Of course, back then, she knew it was impossible for the dead to come back, or so she hoped. And yet, he stood before her, as alive as she was. "Yeah.. how do we get home?" She murmured, echoing Roxy.

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

<< "H...how do we get home?" Roxy asked Azalea. >>

Azalea, obviously still in some pain, closed her eyes and sighed. “Please do not think the less of me, but I had not prepared for this. I was not expecting us to come here: I was expecting him to come to us.

“We were fortunate in coming here. Having grabbed the staff of white fire Morgan was using, we broke it and released its energy into the spell. That gave the essence needed for this trip.

“I thought the one spell would bring him to us and wake him. For that purpose I created the orb, and imbued it with my essence over the course of a year. I made no provision for yet another spell.”

Taliesan chuckled at first, then laughed heartily. “Morgan had a staff of white fire, and you took it from her and used it to find me? What delicious irony! Now, if only I had defeated her without destroying that staff of earth that she carried, the irony would be complete!”

He gazed around the room. “A thousand years and more… these crystals held the power to sustain me between life and death for all that time, and longer had you not come and broken their hold over me. A moment, then…”

Taliesan raised his staff and murmured a short enchantment. Light flared from the cross on the top of his staff, and was answered by light from the crystals all over the room. “Ha!,” he cackled: “Hoist by her own petard not once, but twice! We can use the power left in these crystals to take us back. Now: we shall need an incantation that speaks with longing of the land from whence you came. What is its name?”

“America,” Tom replied, “but that’s a huge area. You probably would do better with ‘California.’ But we are not mages of any sort: how would we know any incantations such as you speak of?”

“Quite simple,” responded Taliesan: “Are there not minstrels in your land who speak its praise in couplets of rhyme set to music? Any of those referring to this land of ‘California’ should suffice. It should be well known, that all of your followers here may join in.”

Tom was tongue-tied at first, but then thought of something.

“There’s a song by the Gatlin Brothers:

“All the gold in California
Is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills
In somebody else’s name
So if you’re dreamin’ ‘bout California,
It don’t matter at all where you’ve played before,
California’s a brand new game.”

Taliesan frowned. “Not so much longing as disillusion. Something more positive?”

Lucas cleared his throat. “How about this?

“All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray;
I’ve been for a walk on a winter’s day
I’d be safe and warm if I was in L.A.
California dreamin’ on such a winter’s day…?”

Taliesan nodded. “Better. Does everyone know that one, or can anyone suggest a better one?”

The nymphs were consulting among themselves, then started to giggle.

“Well, East coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the Southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when I'm down there
The Midwest farmer's daughters really make you feel alright
And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night
I wish they all could be California (girls)
I wish they all could be California
I wish they all could be California girls…?”

Taliesan smiled. “That’s the right spirit. I think I shall like this ‘California.’ Though it speaks of the women more than the land… anyone else?”

"Fuck"he yelled as Morgan attacked him
"so...was I being an idiot?"Niko asked after the job was done. "And I think we should call it Canada, it was so cold the Brits decided to leave it alone. No wars required"

"It was a little crazy going in there without a weapon...," Randy said to Niko.

Roxy and Randy gave him a confused look at his "Canada" comment. Did he want to confuse Taliesan even more?

Getting back to the problem at hand. "Do we have to sing the whole song? What about a condensed version? Like..."

Randy remembered a country song from the 80s he heard his dad listen to a lot. California Sunset by Neil Young.

"California sunset
Going down in the West
All the colors in the sky
Kiss another day goodbye.

Land of beauty, space and light
Land of promise, land of might
You're my home now and it's true
California, here's to you.

The golden state."

Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns BasilOwO BasilOwO Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
She glanced at him, eyebrow raised in confusion. Her parents, being beyond strict when it came to the things that she liked, had never let her listen to the older music. She knew very well what a lot of it was about, and she had to admit that since running away, and keeping her secret.. well a secret, she found herself more entranced by the different styles. Her father had let her listen to different types of rock music, but when she brought herself back to the present and realized Azalea was still holding onto her, she blushed. "But yes, that music seems more about the woman than the state itself."

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Gwalihir Gwalihir Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

<< "California sunset
Going down in the West

The golden state." >>

Taliesan beamed. “Couldn’t have asked for anything better. Yes, that will be perfect. Teach it to the group, quickly.”

He turned back to Azalea and Sammy, extending a hand to help them up, then withdrew that hand and switched his staff to it to offer the other to match Sammy’s uninjured hand.

“Dear maiden, there are many better ways to bring forth essence than by the spilling of your own blood. An’ thou wilt, I shall be pleased to teach some to you. For the meanwhile, let us get you home so we can tend to that wound properly. I fear I am little use as a physician in the field, but many a poultice I can prepare which speed healing on its way.”

Azalea pulled loose her gauzy scarf and wrapped it gently and cleanly around Sammy’s injured hand. “We both thank you, good sir. Trust that once I have found some fresh growing grass, clover or ivy, I shall have her set aright straight away.”

With help from Sammy and Taliesan, Azalea rose shakily to her feet. “Oh, my. I feel as if Morgan were yet shaking the ground with her staff. Come: if Taliesan can use this crystal for power, we shall wish to be at the center, as before.”

As Randy was getting ready to teach the song, he noticed the young female wolf from the bar approaching Niko.

“Hey. That was pretty badass, going up against Morgan like that with no weapons. I’m Krista. What were you saying about Canada?”

“Shall we do a circle round a sigil, like when we arrived?” called out Azalea to Taliesan, who had been approaching others of the group, urging them to go to Randy to learn the words. “That will do well,” he agreed and nodded. Azalea found her bag and pulled out another jar of sand and carried it to the center. She paused as she was about to make the sign, and drew instead the outline of the state of California.

"California sunset
Going down in the West

The golden state."

As the group learned the song they found their places in the circle as before and began to walk around it. Only Taliesan stayed outside the group, uttering another incantation under his breath. The cross on his staff flashed brightly, then the crystals all around lit up a few at a time and remained brightly lit until all around them was a dazzling light. As they moved about the circle, singing, it seemed as if the crystals began to break free and move around the circle the opposite way until they were in the middle of a great cyclone of light. Then Taliesan joined the circle and struck its center with his staff. There was a brief blast of even brighter light, and suddenly they were back in the bar.

Cheers went up from the patrons as the circle broke up and they found their places at the booths, tables and the bar. Some remained standing, talking animatedly about their grand adventure. But one, an ancient man in a robe, toppled to the ground and dropped his staff.

“Hurry!” said Azalea: “lift him up!”

As they did it became plain that Taliesan had aged another twenty years between the cavern and here.

“Should have known,” he muttered: “the force of the crystals was sustaining my life. Of all the foolish ways to die…”

“Listen!” said Azalea, “you are not going to die. We are going to find healthy growing things and rejuvenate you. Sam: where is Roxy? She has a place on her land that would be perfect. Come on: let’s go!”

"I'm right here," Roxy said.

A place with a lot of healthy growing things. She could picture the area Azalea was talking about. She started to run out the door to lead them.

Randy wasn't sure if he should follow. He seemed to be on good terms with the other warewolves, but would they see him as a trespasser if he, a human, followed Roxy to her territory? He opted for the safe option: waiting to be called on. If they didn't need his help at the moment, he'd just wait at the bar for their return.

~~~

Mai had sung along, but had looked tired doing so. She was glad to be back in the bar.

Still in Tom's arms, she looked up at him and smiled. She tried not to look tired, but with the fatigue she felt from using up her magic, it was hard to hide. In all the chaos around Taliesan's sudden aging, she reached up and gently placed her hand on Tom's cheek.

It was funny. She knew what would eventually happen if she tried to woo a human, so she liked having men wrapped around her finger instead, but this...it felt like she was wrapped around his finger instead.

Gwalihir Gwalihir BasilOwO BasilOwO Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns Zenkai27 Zenkai27

JOSEPH

Joseph appeared in a burst of flames on the ground and slowly came to his senses as usually when he is reborn he starts over as a child and sure he matures rapidly but this time he was still looking his current age. This rebirth was different as he felt severely weak and he was usually in perfect health...

"Damn what was that he did to me... I knew our kind was proficient with magic but never knew the potential..." He said to himself getting up slowly

Joseph looked around and for once he absolutely had no idea where he was which surprised him because he thought he been everywhere except the Antarctic as his kind were not fans of extreme cold.
Looking over a ridge he saw a bar and his sharp vision he was able to see far enough to see a small group of people who seemed to have a injured old man... Joseph thought to himself maybe his healing powers could help but who would trust a naked guy who comes running to help.
He saw that to get there in time that he would have to jump down the rather high ridge but the fall would not kill him...he backed up and ran "what was that line... YIPPEEEKAIYAY" he said as he dropped but made sure to fall on his body so not to damage his legs but unfortunately he fractured his arm.
"Bloody hell" he says standing and putting the bone in place and held it so it could begin to heal...it must have been a sick joke to be able to heal others instantly but not himself even if it was accelerated.

Joseph was use to all kinds of pain so he kept moving... The only inconvenience was the bleeding.

He was getting closer to the bar but his luck went south again..as he heard low snarling..."BLOOOOD...FRESH BLOOD.. SPECIAL"
Two vampires came out of the darkness..
The fracture healed but of course the scent of the blood of a Phoenix would attract some predators.
The two must have been turned recently because the look and how they seemed to be slaves to their hunger said it all.
"Look guys you wouldn't attack a guy in his skivvies now would you, let's make a deal one of you gives me a shirt to cover up and I'll get you two a nice vegan burger from that bar over there what you say"
His smart comment was met with a punch to the face and he barely slid back...."Yea you guys are pups just like I thought" he says but his strength should have been enough to take a hit so whatever magic transported him here still had his powers a lil drained as he couldn't even muster flames to turn the two into ash so it was plan b.
The two vampires lunged at him and but he noticed wooden planks and sticks on the ground and used his telekinesis to levitate them and keep the wood pressed against them causing them to back up slowly...he wasn't gonna kill them since they can't seem to control their hunger so he doesn't blame them.
Joseph was hoping that would cause the vampire pups to run off but no "BALMER" one shrieked and to Joseph's surprise a towering ivory skinned 7ft tall vampire came and he was considerably older from what Joseph could tell possibly 300-400 years old
The towering vampire grabbed the floating sticks and crushed them.
Joseph wasn't afraid but he wasn't at full power and he was not too far from the bar just over another smaller ridge from what he could tell.
"Hey Balmer right, you wouldn't happen to be vegan by any chance"

He must have not liked that remark because next thing Joseph knew he was crashing through a window in the bar...his whole body was in pain as he tried to stand but fell back down.
"Gaaahh a super hero landing would have been cool" he says unable to move

Gwalihir Gwalihir Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns BasilOwO BasilOwO shadowdude505 shadowdude505

She followed Roxy, feeling the scarf around the wound on her hand. The situation, as urgent as it was, barely affected her. She had tried her best before and she would try her best now. If only to save the man who had just offered to teach her his ways. A blessing or a curse, she couldn't be sure. But she knew, that if she didn't drop blood magic now, she would become dependent on it in the near future. Of course, that's how the magic worked. It dragged the user in, messed with their minds and made them believe that it was the right thing in that case. The wound would cause her to hiss as she stayed back with the ones helping Taliesan, if only to offer as much support as she could. She glanced over at Azalea, offering her a warm but worrying smile.

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns Zenkai27 Zenkai27

<< [Roxy] started to run out the door to lead them.

Randy wasn't sure if he should follow… >>

Lucas gave Randy a slap on the back. “You got a truck parked out front? We’ll need something he can lie down in.”

Ben quickly tied Taliesan’s robe to his staff, creating a one-pole stretcher for carrying him down the front stairs and out. “Randy: can you help me out?” Ben lifted one end of the pole and waited for Randy to grab the other. Once they both had the pole up, Ben hustled down the stairs.

<< [Sam] glanced over at Azalea, offering her a warm but worrying smile. >>

Azalea was looking pale and worn out, but she stumbled along as quickly as she could under her own power until she looked up and saw Sam’s smile. Then she smiled back and stepped over and wrapped an arm around Sammy’s shoulders, as much to support herself as a gesture of affection. “This will be good for all of us,” she assured Sammy as they followed the stretcher down the stairs.

<< In all the chaos around Taliesan's sudden aging, [Mai] reached up and gently placed her hand on Tom's cheek. >>

Tom looked down at her with a worried smile. “Just hope Azalea knows what she’s doing. It would be a real shame to lose him now after all your heroic efforts to save him.”

He gave her another long, sweet kiss before he spoke again. “Seems to me you’ve done your part for this evening. Let’s get you cuddled down for the evening, give you a chance to recharge your batteries, what do you say? And I have just the place…”

So saying, he carried her down the stairs to his rooms.

[Fade to Black]

Outside was complete chaos. It seemed that three blood-crazed vamps had ganged up on another man, possibly human, and the tallest of the three was proceeding to launch the man through one of the boarded-up windows to Last Castle. With the enormous strength of the undead, he hurled the other man through the window and into the bar itself. If the other man were human, for sure he would be suffering a lot of broken bones.

Ben set Taliesan down so fast Randy was afraid he’d dropped him. Then Ben stuck two fingers in his mouth and let out an ear-splitting whistle. “Hey, Rube!,” he hollered at the top of his voice, and launched himself at the closest vampire.

Mark and Lucius came down the stairs so fast it looked like they were falling. They tag-teamed one of the other vampires, kicking and whaling on him from both sides while keeping safe from his grasping hands. Werewolves were much stronger than humans, but a vampire could still crush their bones with just his grip.

Fortunately the third vampire (the tall one) didn’t seem interested in helping the other two. His gaze fastened on Randy, still holding the staff, Taliesan on the ground, and Roxy, Sammy and Azalea all standing pretty much with him. The Nosferatu hissed and approached, spreading its arms and wings in a deadly threat.

Azalea grabbed for the staff, not taking it from Randy but getting a grip on it herself. “Sammy, Roxy, please! Grab on and focus with me, now!”

<< ...next thing Joseph knew he was crashing through a window in the bar...his whole body was in pain as he tried to stand but fell back down.

"Gaaahh a super hero landing would have been cool" he says unable to move >>

Inside the bar Lucas towered over the fallen man, pushing him onto his back with his feet, then kneeling and taking him firmly by the throat with one hand.

“Try any funny business, and it will be your last,” growled Lucas: “What brought you here, and why the birthday suit?”

(Aand, tag all)

JOSEPH

<<“Try any funny business, and it will be your last,” growled Lucas: “What brought you here, and why the birthday suit?” >>

Joseph felt the grip of the large man, he was injured and this bar made him feel even weirder he couldn't catch a break... now he was being deal with by the werewolf equivalent of a mountain... he managed to to get the words out...
"Look I meant no disrespect... as for the lack of clothes... I'm a Phoenix born from flames clothing doesn't really survive the process" he says still badly injured.
"Please if you have spare clothes I would really appreciate it... and my elder did something sending me here.. I know not why but I can work off the damage to this place... im somewhat of a Supernatural doctor you could say... Who is the owner?" he asked offering his services.

Joseph had is all planned out.. he may be a little brash but he just wants to be of help being a Phoenix means you experience death and rebirth constantly and although the rebirth is almost instantaneous his spirit still traverses the after-life for a brief period of time and see's supernatural souls that have salvation and those who are in the underworld.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

"I have a truck, but it's at the burger place," Randy replied. He was about to rush out when Ben called for him. He grabbed the other end of the pole and helped move Taliesan outside. Once that was dealt with, he sprinted down to the fast food joint to retrieve his vehicle; luckily it wasn't too far away.

He turned the key and the engine roared to life. The radio joined in, playing a grunge rock song from his CD player. He quickly paused the CD; that kind of music probably wasn't going to be soothing for a medieval man.

He parked his truck in front of Last Castle, but kept the engine running. He got out of the truck and helped Ben lower Teliesan into the bed. That's when the vampire attack began. He was ready to swear at himself, thinking he'd dropped the mage, but he hadn't. "Holy shit!" he exclaimed, finally noticing the angry vampires.

~~~
A truck made much more sense. In the hectic moment, Roxy just assumed they were going to run there. Of course it wasn't going to be that easy, as a small group of vampires went into a blood frenzy.

"What got into them?" she asked no one in particular. It was the first time she saw vampires acting like...vampires. She lucked out meeting Tom first.

She snapped to attention when Azalea called for her and grabbed the staff. She wasn't sure what was about to happen though.

BasilOwO BasilOwO Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns
~~~
Mai couldn't stop smiling as she slipped back into her kimono and tied it loosely around her. She rolled over to face Tom. "You're quite the charmer, you know that? I bet you've had lots of girlfriends," she smirked. "Or maybe...you held off, someone with our lifespans tend to outlive lovers..." She sighed. "I've had my share...but none of them were real, on my end at least."

She circled one of her fingers around the mattress space between them. "When we first met, I was flirting just to find amusement, but after everything that happened tonight...and that kiss," she flashed a foxy smile. "I'm actually head over heels for once..."

She could hear a commotion coming from the bar. What was going on? Fighting?

"I think they need you out there, tiger. Don't worry about me, I'm too tired to go anywhere...," she chuckled. "Not that I want leave."

She blew Tom a kiss and got comfy on the bed. Closing her eyes.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
She reached forward, grasping the staff as told. Looking at Azalea, her head would tilt as she took in the human for the first time since everything had happened. She hadn't seen the woman as clearly as she had now, and as she looked at Merlin, she'd wait for the other to tell her to do something more than just hold onto the staff. "What would you like us to do?" She asked, head tilting.

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Zenkai27 Zenkai27

<< [Roxy] snapped to attention when Azalea called for her and grabbed the staff. She wasn't sure what was about to happen though. >>

<< "What would you like us to do?" [Sam] asked, head tilting. >>

“Focus,” said Azalea: “Power from you to the staff, from the staff to the big bad vamp. Visualize it, will it into being.” She took a deep breath, then shouted: “Lostrego!”

And flashes of lightning struck the vampire from the top of the staff. He screeched and turned and flew away before they could strike again.

All their hair was standing on end. They felt physically drained, as if they had just run a four minute mile. But the vampire was gone.

And at that sight the vampire fighting Ben turned and fled as well. Lucky for vehicle owners who had parked in front of the bar: many vehicles were dented from Ben and the other vampire throwing each other around.

Meanwhile Mark and Lucien did not let up on the third vampire, who was now down on his knees. Finally Mark grabbed one of the shards of wood that had hit the ground and slammed it into the vampire’s chest. The vampire shrieked and fell back, his body slowly crumbling to dust.

<< [Mai] rolled over to face Tom. "You're quite the charmer, you know that? I bet you've had lots of girlfriends," she smirked. >>

Tom smiled as well. “Over a thousand years one tends to lose track. But I hope I can say that I usually chose quality over quantity, for what it’s worth.”

<< ...after everything that happened tonight...and that kiss," she flashed a foxy smile. "I'm actually head over heels for once..." >>

“I have a rule,” Tom said: “Especially the first time, focus on what they want and need, not what you want. Then they’ll come running back again and again, and you’ll get what you want.”

<< "I think they need you out there, tiger. Don't worry about me… “ >>

Tom sighed. “Well, it is my bar. I suppose if something’s going on, I should be there to check it out.”

He shrugged into a sweater and pulled on his pants and a pair of slippers and went on up.

<< "Look I meant no disrespect... as for the lack of clothes... I'm a Phoenix born from flames clothing doesn't really survive the process" he says still badly injured.
"Please if you have spare clothes I would really appreciate it... and my elder did something sending me here.. I know not why but I can work off the damage to this place... im somewhat of a Supernatural doctor you could say... Who is the owner?" he asked offering his services. >>

Tom strode into the bar, vastly annoyed by seeing the damage to the window. He frowned at the subject of Lucas’ focus, but actually nodded in wonder at the revelation that this was a phoenix.

“Amazing the wild types this attraction spell keeps bringing to the bar. Always something new.”

He beckoned to one of the nymphs. “Please bring this man some clothes from the spare closet. I’m guessing that’s a 42 inch waist, though I could be wrong. And a concert T-shirt: maybe Boston or Def Leppard.”

She tittered and ran off. Tom sat down. “Your timing is piss poor. Had you gotten here half an hour ago, we would have had more need for healing than you could take. But they’re all off to the woods for a shot from Mother Nature. You missed the boat.”

He sighed. “Not like it’s the last time we’ll need a healer, though. Especially if Taliesan raises Arthur, we’ll need all hands on board.”

He rose to go. There was no need to tell anyone to fix the window: by noon tomorrow, it would be done.

“Ask the nymph to show you to an upper room. You can stay there while you’re trying to earn your keep. But for now, I’m off to bed.”

(Tag all)

<< “Ask the nymph to show you to an upper room. You can stay there while you’re trying to earn your keep. But for now, I’m off to bed.” >>

JOSEPH

Joseph smiled wanting to thank the owner but he already rushed off back to bed. Joseph couldn't help but feel like he interrupted something but lucking the mountain of a wolf let go and he was healed up enough to walk...a good nights sleep should have him at full strength. Joseph could not help but wonder what his elder sent him here. As he walked he looked over in the corner seeing a man in black and this mans face looked very familiar and his aura was different from the other patrons but Joseph went to the room that was given to him for the time being.
Joseph laid in the bed and he was surprised that the owner knew his exact size.

BRUIN

It took everything in his power not to attack the man he has literally hated for centuries... he finally found him and he knew that Tom should not be able to recognize him as he was a boy back then but he does not know if it was luck or something that he came across those dark shaman's although he was literally in hell it allowed his body to mature so he could now meet his enemy as an equal and not a immortal adolescent child.

Bruin did not come all this way and wait so many years just to prematurely attack and possibly get killed...
Bruin began looking around scanning patrons past memories or at least attempting to something in this bar had been suppressing his powers... He was looking for memories that pertained to Tom..but he just got faded flashes but he did see a faded memory of someone seeing Tom and a woman he had known only by reputation Mai Bennet. He decided to stop trying for a moment at least the strain of trying to overcome this places magic could be to great. Bruin began spinning a coin on the table at the bar... he waved the barkeep over "Can i get umm a Cassis Orange and keep them coming all night I don't expect to rest any time soon... oh and I'm looking for a Mai Bennett would you know her by any chance?" he asked

(Tag all)
Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505 BasilOwO BasilOwO

Last edited:
After the spell was cast, Roxy took a moment to catch her breath. She tried her best to comb down her crazy hair with her hand.

Now that the vampires were dealt with, it was safe to get inside the truck.

"What's the plan? Are we driving all the way there?" She asked.

Once in the passenger seat, she directed Randy where to go. He drove as gently as he could, trying not to rattle Teliesan too much, but he also drove with urgency.

~~~
"Focus on what they want and need, not what you want. Then they’ll come running back again and again, and you’ll get what you want." Mai repeated those words in her mind. She fondly clutched the jade fish amulet as she began to drift off to sleep.

Unless one of the nymphs or another bar worker checked on her, she was unaware anyone was looking for her. Though after using up her magic in the fight with Morgan, she really needed to sleep. If she didn't show, she wasn't trying to be rude about it.

Gwalihir Gwalihir BasilOwO BasilOwO Zenkai27 Zenkai27 Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

She had all but stayed by Azalea the whole time, her own personal guard dog, if you will. The worry she felt for the human witch had clouded most of her logical thoughts, but at the current moment, she was deep in thought, keeping Teliesan as still as she could. She felt sorry for the old man, having just awoken only to almost die once more. And then, as if fate hated them, vampires. Three bloody vampires, out for blood. She thanked whatever god was out there that wanted them dead. She rubbed her freckled face, feeling with an urge of grossness that came with sweat and grim sticking to her skin. "Where are we going?" She asked, speaking up for the first time since they all had climbed into the truck, which was unfortunately cramped.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Gwalihir Gwalihir Zenkai27 Zenkai27 Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

<< Bruin began spinning a coin on the table at the bar... he waved the barkeep over "Can i get umm a Cassis Orange and keep them coming all night I don't expect to rest any time soon... oh and I'm looking for a Mai Bennett would you know her by any chance?" he asked >>

Sammy and Ben having left, Fatima was momentarily in charge of the bar.

“I’ll have that Cassius Orange out to you in half a minute,” she replied: “So, you one of Mai’s fans? You missed quite a show this evening! I believe she has retired for the night. You’d have better luck catching her tomorrow morning or evening. I can leave a note for her, if you’d like.”

<< "What's the plan? Are we driving all the way there?" [Roxy] asked. >>

With Randy driving and Roxy in the passenger seat, Azalea sat in the back of the truck with Taliesan and invited Sammy to join her.

“Yes, I’d say so,” she replied: “We don’t have the strength to carry his stretcher any real distance.”

<< "Where are we going?" [Sammy] asked, speaking up for the first time since they all had climbed into the truck, which was unfortunately cramped. >>

“You’ll see,” replied Azalea: “It’s a beautiful place full of moss and clover and ivy. Those are all my friends, and they will heal first me, then you and Taliesan. I am not sure how long it will take: we are bringing him back from almost literally death’s door.”

The last half-mile of the drive was completely off road, and Randy had no choice but to slow to a crawl and check carefully for hidden rocks or fallen trees to avoid high-centering his truck. But at last they reached the spot Roxy had remembered, and stopped. Azalea came out of the back and contributed what she could to raising Taliesan in the stretcher and carrying him to the ivy-covered spread. She set the stretcher down gently and fell to her knees. She crawled under the ivy, then lay down facing up.

“Lay him on top of the ivy at my right,” she instructed, “And Sammy: you lay down on my left. Don’t be alarmed at what happens next: the ivy is your friend.”

Already they could see the ivy twisting and winding itself around Azalea, making a cocoon. She reached her arms out to them. “Come: it is time…”

Tag all

shadowdude505
shadowdude505
Zenkai27
Zenkai27
Ashy_OCdesigns
Ashy_OCdesigns BasilOwO BasilOwO

BRUIN
<<“I’ll have that Cassius Orange out to you in half a minute,” she replied: “So, you one of Mai’s fans? You missed quite a show this evening! I believe she has retired for the night. You’d have better luck catching her tomorrow morning or evening. I can leave a note for her, if you’d like.”>>

Bruin smiles waiting for a drink he tried scanning the little wolf's memories learning more about this bar and Tom thinking it would work being in close proximity to her but nothing he only sees brief flashes like before then they fade but it was enough to see that she was trusted. His nose began to bled and he grabbed a napkin to wipe it clearly trying to overcome the magic was more dangerous to his health than he thought.. "guess I won't be doing this again this place suppression magic is too great just trying to read her memories could kill me maybe I should have learned more from the shamans before slaughtering them" He thought to himselfHe came looking for information on Tom but he has not only found him here but it's his establishment things couldn't be better not having to search and a place he know that Tom would always be.
When she asked if he was a fan he nearly scoffed as he was not one to be swayed by what he felt was lesser emotions but she was important to Tom so Bruin needed to know as much about her as possible.

"Oh is it that obvious.. I must say it's embarrassing as I heard rumors she is at this bar and I would love to meet her. It's surprising that the owner of this bar could afford her he must come from noble money" he says

Just saying noble almost made him gag but seeing her memories could help him greatly so he had to get her out of this bar. "You said I missed the action but seems like the bouncer's here got things under control seems like the owner must be a great guy not many wolves take on my kind" he replied he noticed her beauty and although Bruin didn't have a charismatic smile he had a protective aura about himself he wore the pain of his hellish life as a badge it helped him move through this world with ruthless efficiency.

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:
Roxy and Randy got out of the truck and helped lower Taliesan onto the ivy.

"Woah," Randy exclaimed. He had never seen anything like that before, maybe in a movie (but that didn't count). It had been a magic filled day. On one hand, Roxy expressed interest at being more than friends; on the other, he had stepped out of the "muggle" world. At least this magic wasn't trying to kill him.

Randy lowered the truck bed door and sat down. "I guess we stand guard?"

Roxy sat down beside him. "We should be safe here..." Then again, they should be safe at the bar, but that didn't stop some vampires from going feral.

They enjoyed each other's company while the others healed up, but also kept an eye out for danger, just in case the slim chance of it lurking decided to rear its ugly head.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
She had laid down beside her, eyes watching the ivy cover her body. The way the plant moved fascinated her, as she watched the plant cover all three of them. After awhile though, she found herself drifting into a pained sleep. Small whimpers escaped her lips, however she held still, knowing that whatever happened, if she awoke or not would be in the hands of the plants.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "Oh is it that obvious.. I must say it's embarrassing as I heard rumors she is at this bar and I would love to meet her. It's surprising that the owner of this bar could afford her he must come from noble money" [Bruin] says… >>

Fatima looked up at him, perplexed, as she searched for the unusual Creme de Chassis on the higher shelves.

“I would hardly say that,” Fatima replied: “For one, I don’t think that Mai is charging him much at all. I think she is happy doing what she’s doing, and it’s not about money. And as for ‘noble money,’ I think most of Tom’s best investments came around the Prohibition days. Nothing really ‘noble’ about that…”

<< ...seems like the owner must be a great guy not many wolves take on my kind" >>

Fatima smiled as she passed Bruin his drink. “Yes, you could say that. Most of the time, if vampires have anything to do with werewolves it’s to enslave them. Tom is quite the reverse: he takes any opportunity to free wolves from their oppressors and get them into good lives. In return, several of us work with him to keep that trend going.

“Really, that’s why he established this bar: to bring together vampires and lycans and stop the war between them. So far, so good: the local Pack leader is a regular here, well trusted, and he and Tom are great friends. And after tonight…” she sighed happily, “--after tonight everything is about to change. Tonight we rescued Merlin from a thousand year sleep. If he can wake King Arthur, we’ll have a leader everyone respects and who is skilled at bringing warring sides together. That could mean a lasting peace between our kinds, and maybe even reach out to humans. Can you imagine if Arthur made it safe for us to lift the veil? If we could stop running, stop hiding, stop living in fear of all the humans around us?

“So yes, I would say that Tom is a pretty great guy, trying to pull all that together. So: how’s your drink?”

<< Roxy and Randy got out of the truck and helped lower Taliesan onto the ivy. >>

“Thanks,” Azalea said, arranging Taliesan on the ivy facing away from her but pressed against her back as the ivy began to cover him, too.

<< She had laid down beside her, eyes watching the ivy cover her body. The way the plant moved fascinated her, as she watched the plant cover all three of them. After awhile though, she found herself drifting into a pained sleep. Small whimpers escaped her lips, however she held still, knowing that whatever happened, if she awoke or not would be in the hands of the plants. >>

Azalea heard the whimpers and reached out to Sammy. “Hey, there. There’s nothing to worry about. Just put your head on my shoulder right here, and I promise I’ll keep you safe.”

She drew Sammy into the crook of her arm, holding her tightly. “Everything’s going to be alright,” she reassured her, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead.

<< Randy lowered the truck bed door and sat down. "I guess we stand guard?"

Roxy sat down beside him. "We should be safe here..." >>

“That won’t be necessary,” said Azalea: We’re going to be here all night. You should probably head home and get some rest. Just come pick us back up sometime after sunrise, okay?”

(And, now we break for morning…)

shadowdude505
shadowdude505
Zenkai27
Zenkai27
Ashy_OCdesigns
Ashy_OCdesigns BasilOwO BasilOwO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back