• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Randy

< “I almost feel sorry for Altheus. I have a feeling you’ll be giving him the whupping he deserves."
"So: anything else on your mind?" >

"Well I'm certainly going to try. A little wolf fighting training wouldn't hurt." He wasn't sure how much of it was learned and how much was instinct.

"Actually...I was wondering if I could work here. I was thinking as another entertainer. Roxy might have told you this, but I'm a guitarist and singer. Look up 'The Rock Dogs' on YouTube...Though with how busy tonight's been, maybe I could fill in as a waiter or something on Saturdays."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Tom considered. “I am sure Curtis would be glad to give you a hand, either himself or one of his guys. Lucius, maybe: you two seem to get along nicely.

“And I’ll look up those YouTube videos. If I like what I see, we’ll work something out. Jeff and George could sure use some nights off.

“As far as waitstaff goes, unless you know how to tend bar, it wouldn’t make much difference. One of my bartenders flaked on me tonight, and it’s just a matter of Ben not having enough hands to pass out beers and make drinks for both sides of the bar at the same time. But I appreciate the thought.”

Randy

"I don't, sorry. Used to work at a restaurant with Roxy, back in high school, but they never let us handle the bar," Randy replied.

"Don't be surprised to find Roxy in the videos, she was our drummer." He smiled, reminiscing in his mind. The two of them had been through a lot together...

Glancing over at the angel cut off his train of thought. The wounds looked painful and the angel was still out cold.

"Should I fetch Azalea or Joseph?" Everything was off of his chest now. Angel or not, they shouldn't leave the poor guy suffering from his injuries for too long.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Carmilla Karnstein
70745727_391006881588860_1647856103110891942_n.jpg

Carmilla eyed her suspiciously. Having become acutely aware of the lengths she had gone to for her attention, the small talk was unconvincing.
"....Yes...that it has..." she mused, trying to gauge her thoughts from her expression alone.
Karnstein shifted her weight from one leg to the other, hips adjusting to the stance. Her movements conveyed her dissatisfaction with the greeting.

"I've been well...all things considered." she ignored the question about her business and walked passed her. Making herself a bit more comfortable in a seat nearby.
"And you? As entertaining as you can be I never took you for an..." Carmilla looked about area backstage. It was very, busy.
"...entertainer..." she finished. Her voice carrying a bit of disdain, in such a way that implied Azalea was above such things.
She waited for her response, legs crossing and arms draping over the back of the loveseat. Carmilla was actually in a position of disadvantage despite her appearance of bravado in heeding Azalea's siren song.
She was unmistakably in the wrong as far as their relationship had been concerned, but that's not to say Azalea was blameless.
It was likely becoming increasingly clear that Carmilla had come with intentions and desires not even she had any definition for.
Her wits had lagged behind her in her haste and left at the mercy of not being ambushed by a tough subject or question.
She tried to play damage control and avoid letting Azalea take the dominant position in the interaction.
"In the very least, you look as good as ever."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Tom

<< "I don't, sorry. Used to work at a restaurant with Roxy, back in high school, but they never let us handle the bar," Randy replied. >>

“No, I wouldn’t think so,” Tom answered: “Besides, I think you have to have a license to tend bar, and of course you don’t. It was a nice thought, anyways.”

<< "Don't be surprised to find Roxy in the videos, she was our drummer." He smiled, reminiscing in his mind. >>

“Gotcha. You two were like peas in a pod, weren’t you? I’m glad Lucas decided for you.”

<< "Should I fetch Azalea or Joseph?" >>

Tom considered. “I think Azalea’s still busy backstage. I haven’t seen Joseph all night. He should be in his room, meditating on whatever phoenixes meditate on. Yeah, if you could go fetch him, that would be great.”

In the meantime, Tom collected a warm, wet washcloth from the bathroom down the hall and brought it back to clean some of the wounds before healing. He sat with Adam, wiping away the blood on the angel’s forehead and arm, the easiest places he could reach.

“Don’t you worry, son: we’ve had some interesting ones come through, and we take care of them all. We’ll get you patched up…”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 : SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

Azalea

<< "I've been well...all things considered." >>

“All things considered?” The corners of Azalea’s mouth turned up a trifle. “You mean, given that you’ve been a vampire for 600 years, and gone on who knows how many feeding frenzies? Are you still palling around with that ‘Elizabeth?’ “

<< "And you? As entertaining as you can be I never took you for an..."...entertainer..." >>

Azalea shrugged. “It’s a way to heal the spirit. I’ve found most people need that more than anything. But you’re right,” she smiled, “there was certainly a time when I’d have chewed off my foot before I set it on a stage. I guess people change, people grow.

“How about you? Have you grown into anything new?”

<< Carmilla was actually in a position of disadvantage...

It was likely becoming increasingly clear that Carmilla had come with intentions and desires not even she had any definition for.

She tried to play damage control and avoid letting Azalea take the dominant position in the interaction.

"In the very least, you look as good as ever.">>

Azalea nodded. “So do you. In a way, it is good to see you again.”

She sighed. “But I also can’t help but wonder: why here, and why now? You didn’t come looking for me, I can tell. What’s going on?”

She turned away. “I have many friends here. I’d like it to stay that way. I hope you’re not planning anything heavy against the bar? Please tell me you’re not…”

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Randy

Randy nodded before walking toward Josephs room.

"Yo, Joseph, you in there?" he asked. "Sorry to interrupt, but there's an angel that could use you healing magic."

~~
Mai

Mai hadn't seen Tom leave, but that was to be expected with the bar as busy as it was. She stopped what she was doing and started to focus on the various scents. She closed her eyes to help drown out any visual stimuli. It took a lot of focus, but she soon discovered Tom's scent going up the stairs with Randy and someone else....someone injured.

She opened her eyes and gracefully stood up, putting her empty glass down on the table in the same motion. She smiled a goodbye to the nymphs she had been chatting with and followed after Tom's smell.

"Another distraction?" she asked Tom, teasing him a little. She had a hunch that this wasn't the urgent business he had to do without her.

"Hand it here." She held out her hand for the washcloth.

She suddenly chucked softly, mostly to herself. Normally she wouldn't have cared who lived or died, as long as it wasn't her; as long as she had her fun. She hadn't killed anyone personally, but she had no clue what happened to all those hearts she broke; but the world was big, it be best to put that all behind her.

Tom, on the other hand, seemed to care. Since she cared about him, it made her want to care about Adam's well being too. She wasn't aware of the conversation between Azalea and Carmilla, but she was changing too.

"This caring thing may be new to me, but I know what I'm doing," she said softly to Tom, flashing him her signature smirk.

Gwalihir Gwalihir
SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

<< "Yo, Joseph, you in there?" he asked. "Sorry to interrupt, but there's an angel that could use your healing magic." >>

Joseph came to the door, a serious look on his face. “Of course! Show me the way.”

<< "Another distraction?" she asked Tom, teasing him a little. She had a hunch that this wasn't the urgent business he had to do without her.

"Hand it here." She held out her hand for the washcloth. >>

Tom rolled his eyes in mock exasperation. Yes, indeed, there had been a world of distractions this night. It was a relief to hand the cloth over to Mai: someone else to project the concern he had been doing for a while now.

<< "This caring thing may be new to me, but I know what I'm doing," she said softly to Tom, >>

Tom nodded, a smile fighting its way back to his lips. “Yes, you do… and you’re good at it.”

He would have said more, but then Joseph came in and knelt down between them, fascinated by what he felt emanating from the young man on the bed. “An angel? Is this for real?”

Tom nodded. “As far as I can tell. I even saw his wings for a moment. Can you heal him?”

Joseph fingered his amulet a moment and nodded. “Certainly. Come on, let’s get you taken care of…”

As Joseph’s healing fire licked at Adam’s wounds, Tom spoke up. “The worst one is on his back. Please don’t forget that one.”

Joseph shook his head. “No worries, man. We got him covered all the way, front and back, head to toe.”

For just a bit Adam’s body was encased in a cocoon of faint red fire, and then he seemed to relax. There were no more scars visible anywhere they could see.

Joseph looked pleased. “Let me know how he does. He’s a healer, too. Maybe we talk sometime.”

Joseph let them be and left the room. Tom reached out and took Mai’s hand. “Tonight has been like that dream where you’re walking down an endless corridor and don’t seem to be getting any closer to the end. I don’t know how many more times I can say: ‘I have to go do something,’ and not go. But I have to: it’s a question of honor. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

He stood and hugged her, then turned and walked down the stairs to look for Carmilla once more...

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD , shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Carmilla Karnstein

"Elizabeth..." Carmilla started, stretching out her words to stall the point. "...is dead. Has been for quite some time now." She put on a brave face, though in reality it had not been an easy loss for her. It cemented her already existing belief that humans were not to be trifled with and was the root of her tactic to conquer through propaganda vs by force.

“How about you? Have you grown into anything new?”

"I've have grown. Grown more ambitious." Karnstein said matter-of -factly. "Gone is the decadent, short-sighted girl that broke your heart." Carmilla's expression changed from an observant one to a more relaxed one. "Well mostly anyway. I 'frenzy' still, though not nearly as often."

She turned away. “I have many friends here. I’d like it to stay that way. I hope you’re not planning anything heavy against the bar? Please tell me you’re not…”

"Alright, I'm not." she said in such a way to make it obvious she was only doing so in jest because Azalea asked her two. "If I had known I could find you here I would have come for you. If I had known then what I know now..." she paused pensively, collecting herself. She'd shut herself off to the idea of true romance with Elizabeth's death and the assumption that her relationship with Azalea was unsalvageable. Instead pouring herself into the cause set forth by her masters. But, with her standing before her now, not throttling her or turning her inside out by the means of some dark magic, she felt the slightest glimmer of hope.
It was small and seated deep in the back of her mind, yet it still fueled her interaction with Azalea.
She snapped back to, her near slip into vulnerability heating and feeling of scorn in favor of these Last Castle sorts heating her up some.
"Don't worry. I won't get between you and your friends." she responded with the faintest hint of antagonism. "My purpose here is sole and concluded. I have no plans."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "Elizabeth..." Carmilla started, stretching out her words to stall the point. "...is dead. Has been for quite some time now." >>

Azalea sighed. “I am sorry for your loss. You seemed deeply influenced by her; I am guessing that hit you pretty hard.

“Still: I can’t help hoping that maybe going on without her, you returned to more of a restrained approach to feeding?”

<< "I've have grown. Grown more ambitious." Karnstein said matter-of -factly. "Gone is the decadent, short-sighted girl that broke your heart." Carmilla's expression changed from an observant one to a more relaxed one. "Well mostly anyway. I 'frenzy' still, though not nearly as often." >>

Azalea didn’t look happy at those answers. “What do you mean, ‘ambitious?’ You’re trying to make something better of your life?

“And there was rather a lot I liked about that ‘decadent, short-sighted girl:’ I’d like to think there was still some of her there.”

She shook her head in real sorrow. “What? You’re still mass murder, but only every other week? What, do you hand out lottery tickets, ‘Surprise! This is your lucky week: you get to live a little longer?’”

<< "Alright, I'm not." she said in such a way to make it obvious she was only doing so in jest because Azalea asked her to. "If I had known I could find you here I would have come for you. If I had known then what I know now..." she paused pensively, collecting herself. >>

It was a moment before Azalea answered, with head bowed.

“You would have come for me? What would you have said? And what have you learned?”

<< "Don't worry. I won't get between you and your friends." she responded with the faintest hint of antagonism. "My purpose here is sole and concluded. I have no plans." >>

Azalea raised her head. “Might I ask what your business here was? I take it that it had something to do with Merlin?

“How did you find out about him so soon? We only brought him back yesterday…”

Randy

Randy watched as Joseph healed Adam, but only stuck around for a bit; there wasn't much he could help with in this situation. Leaving the rest in the phoenix's capable hands, Randy walked downstairs to look for Curtis.

"Yo, Curtis. You free to talk? Maybe over a couple of beers?" he asked. "Maybe you heard, but tonight's the night; Roxy is going to turn me. I was wondering if I could have some wolf fighting tips, in case Altheus tries to put a claim on her."

~~~
Mai

Mai smiled and hugged Tom back.

"I know I have to sit this one out, but maybe I should walk with you; deter anymore distractions."

She wasn't going to take no for an answer. Without giving him time to respond, the kitsune wrapped her arm around the crux of his and started to walk with him; leaving the angel to rest.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Carmilla Karnstein

Azalea sighed. “I am sorry for your loss. You seemed deeply influenced by her; I am guessing that hit you pretty hard.

“Still: I can’t help hoping that maybe going on without her, you returned to more of a restrained approach to feeding?”

"More restrained approach?" Carmilla questioned, her tone almost sounding insulted by the question.
"Have I worked this hard seeding and catalyzing a culture of glorification of sin and reckless abandon to "restrain" myself?" she responded, sitting up slightly in her seat.
"We have the once sheltered and protected romanticizing wickedness and gallivanting through the night incautiously.
The only difficulty now is picking which décolletage to make a meal of."

Karnstein looked around the room again, taking note of the smaller details, of the ropes and knots. The antiquated system of pulleys and tie-offs was quaint.
"If anything...I have more restraint now than ever."

Azalea was nearly four times her senior, and at least just as much more powerful. That had been part of the attraction at first, like a natural instinct for hypergamy. Initially, Carmilla had clung to her for company and comfort, to have a shepherd in this preternatural world still relatively new to her. Their flame was kindled from there.

However, it didn't take Azalea dying or trying to kill her for Carmilla to replace her as the subject of her attentions and affections.
In her wisdom Azalea must have known that it would only be a matter of time before the curse and the reality of her situation started turning Carmilla into the monster she was always destined to be; as she "outgrew" the more peaceful ways of the goddess.
Perhaps she could have saved her, had she been a bit more firm, had she kept her from the likes of Elizabeth.

“And there was rather a lot I liked about that ‘decadent, short-sighted girl:’ I’d like to think there was still some of her there.”

She shook her head in real sorrow. “What? You’re still mass murder, but only every other week? What, do you hand out lottery tickets, ‘Surprise! This is your lucky week: you get to live a little longer?’”

She was caught off guard by Azalea's comment of about her past, about their past. It brightened her some, only for the feeling to be chilled by the woman's clear disappointment in her. It wasn't a pleasant sensation.

In all honesty, Carmilla felt no remorse. In fact, she often enjoyed killing. But for a moment, Azalea's disappointment almost made her question that. Almost.
She grew somewhat irritated, her neglected super-ego being beaten down by the more cherished shadow as Azalea spoke.

"Their lives are Lilliputian in comparison to either of us and all too often empty and meaningless. Livestock mindlessly seeking indulgence and gratification. Even I know how repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven while conscious of its fleeting time here. Those that find themselves in my embrace are no more worth your pity than my quarter."

Karnstein wasn't inclined to answer why she was there or if Merlin had anything to do with it. Especially considering the specifics of the goal would likely not please her and raise red flags.
"I didn't come here for Merlin." she said significantly more placidly. "I'm here for Tom."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Curtis

<< "Yo, Curtis. You free to talk? Maybe over a couple of beers?" [Randy] asked. "Maybe you heard, but tonight's the night; Roxy is going to turn me. I was wondering if I could have some wolf fighting tips, in case Altheus tries to put a claim on her.">>

Curtis looked Randy over and smiled. “Dang! Not even fuzzed yet, and you want fightin’ tips? Lucas is right: you do have the mojo.

“First off, you got a little time yet. Roxy’s off limits for two more full moons, and if she turns you tonight, you’ll be off limits for three. I’m bettin’ Lucas will extend Roxy for one more to give you a chance to stand up for her.

“But anyways, you know the old sayin’, ‘Can’t learn to swim without gettin’ wet?’ Any lessons about wolf fightin’, we need to be in wolf form if you’re gonna learn anything. You come see me in three weeks at the full moon, we’ll work something out.”

Azalea

<< "More restrained approach?" Carmilla questioned, her tone almost sounding insulted by the question.
"Have I worked this hard seeding and catalyzing a culture of glorification of sin and reckless abandon to "restrain" myself?" she responded, sitting up slightly in her seat.
"We have the once sheltered and protected romanticizing wickedness and gallivanting through the night incautiously.
The only difficulty now is picking which décolletage to make a meal of." >>

Azalea sighed in exasperation. “Oh, yes: the world is your oyster now, pearls and all. But is that thanks to your work, or generations spent making this a more civilized world? They have so much less to fear from their own kind now that they have forgotten what true evil is. They romanticize it because they don’t remember: and you still lurk in the shadows. Are you really so proud to be the monster in the darkness?”

<< "Their lives are Lilliputian in comparison to either of us and all too often empty and meaningless. Livestock mindlessly seeking indulgence and gratification. Even I know how repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven while conscious of its fleeting time here. Those that find themselves in my embrace are no more worth your pity than my quarter." >>

Now Azalea was becoming angry. “Who are you to judge the value of one life over another? Even the weakest of these beings can contribute spiritual treasures you can never comprehend. And you’re a fine one to be talking about ‘lifting an eye to heaven.’ When was the last time you sought out spiritual insight, or gave regard for something holy?

“Every soul that is self aware deserves some chance at spiritual enlightenment. Whether they be a monk or a party girl, redemption and absolution are never more than a heartbeat away.”

<< "I didn't come here for Merlin." she said significantly more placidly. "I'm here for Tom." >>

Azalea registered shock at that revelation. “Tom? What do you want with him?”

Randy

"I just want to be ready," Randy replied softly. He didn't think he had the mojo, or at the very least, he didn't act like he was hot stuff.

"I need to win, for Roxy's sake." She'd be happier with him than a werewolf like Altheus.

"But that's good to know...I'll see you in three weeks then." He gave Curtis a fist bump before moving elsewhere in the bar.

~~~
Lynn

Lynn left her seat and walked through the sea of people. She felt herself bump into someone, which was bound to happen, but she still felt bad about it.

"Sorry," she said, looking up and seeing Tom and Mai. Despite Mai's best efforts as a good luck charm, a distraction had arose anyway.

Lynn was about to leave it at that and continue walking, but a question started to eat at her.

"You're Tom, right? The owner of this place? It's really amazing here, but it seems like it's more than just a bar for...beings like us," she said. "Have you ever helped create a human identify before? Specifically for a mermaid named Rachel Aquari? She goes by Rachel Summers now. I'm her daughter, Lynn."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Carmilla Karnstein

Azalea sighed in exasperation. “Oh, yes: the world is your oyster now, pearls and all. But is that thanks to your work, or generations spent making this a more civilized world? They have so much less to fear from their own kind now that they have forgotten what true evil is. They romanticize it because they don’t remember: and you still lurk in the shadows. Are you really so proud to be the monster in the darkness?”

"You mistake being 'civilized' with not being dangerous. Need I remind you of the majority perpetrators of some the most heinous acts to ever take place on this side of the grave?" Carmilla countered, alluding to the very affluent and influential. A group both of them were acquainted with well enough to know all the things they did in the dark. Especially Karnstein, with many of them being some of her best customers.
"We don't do business exclusively with the supernatural..."

She leaned back into the chair, inspecting her nails as her hand grazed a rough spot on the leather.
"Their kind do them more harm still than I ever will. Who do you think our suppliers are? When was the last time you took a trip to Brazil? West Africa? Anywhere east of Greece and West of the Orient? Pure evil is a daily occurrence." She placed her hand back down and looked towards Azalea, using her other hand to move her hair from over her right eye.
"I'll give you many have forgotten what true evil is. But, in doing so they've chosen to adopt a lesser form of it to fill the void. Humanity has no predisposition for good. And what's worse, they have the luxury of salvation. One that was wrested from me the moment I became...this. No one can save me now."

Carmilla
stood up and decided to look through Azalea's vanity mirror, sitting down on the stool as she continued. Her frame of mind bolstered and reorganized by the conversation.

"There is no such thing as good in humanity as a whole. There's only opposing forces, levels and tiers. If you cull the highest echelon of evil, the level beneath that was once its subject will supplant them. Cull them and the next in line will take their place. Man is inherently wicked, an affliction that requires more than regret and hollow words to overcome. Sin takes not just the forms of rape and murder. Adultery, treachery, gluttony, debauchery..." she picked out a nice Chanel Rouge from the table and applied it to her lips, the red going well enough with her dress. "...vanity..." she finished, checking the application and looking herself over in the mirror.

"I know this to be true, we are more the same than different; animals. A panther, a ewe. Every example of them giving into the influence of their shadow is a testament to their natural baseness. Given free reign, be it lawlessness be it wealth, they always end up the same...." she said spinning around in the stool to face Azalea. "Just. Like. Me. If not worse..." she stood, halving the distance between them.

"Given that, all I've done is direct their iniquity in such a way that it becomes my benefit. It's not judgement, I simply call it as I see it."

Azalea registered shock at that revelation. “Tom? What do you want with him?”

Carmilla studied Azalea for a moment. Her reactions were predictable. She hadn't ever really had the chance to to open up and articulate her stance to her, now that she had one.
She half expected the woman to attack her. It was clear they didn't seen eye to eye and likely never would.
But if anyone was going to send her wretched soul screaming into the abyss, it might as well be her.

"I- He was issued a summons. I only played the part of courier." she answered, having been waylaid by the question. It was clear Azalea was more concerned with her new friends than she was with Carmilla. Which was disappointing, but understandable in the end. It had been foolish to enter the conversation with any semblance of hope. She was tantamount to the boogeyman to these people now.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Curtis and Randy

<< "I just want to be ready," Randy replied softly. He didn't think he had the mojo, or at the very least, he didn't act like he was hot stuff. >>

Curtis grinned at him. “With your determination, I am sure we’ll have you ready in no time. If you really want to get ahead of the game, check on “wolves fighting” on YouTube. Maybe you’ll see some moves you’d like to learn.”

<< "I need to win, for Roxy's sake." She'd be happier with him than a werewolf like Altheus. >>

Curtis nodded. “Yeah, kiddo, you do. Altheus is practically an old man: those forced May-December romances don’t tend to work too well for the lady.”

<< "But that's good to know...I'll see you in three weeks then." He gave Curtis a fist bump before moving elsewhere in the bar. >>

And Curtis turned back to his drink.

Tom and Lynn

<< "You're Tom, right? The owner of this place? It's really amazing here, but it seems like it's more than just a bar for...beings like us," she said. "Have you ever helped create a human identify before? Specifically for a mermaid named Rachel Aquari? She goes by Rachel Summers now. I'm her daughter, Lynn." >>

Tom had just been scanning the bar looking for Carmilla, seeing that she was no longer at the table with Merlin. But his customary proprietor’s manner took over as the young lady approached him, and he smiled.

“I have created over a thousand new identities, Miss Lynn. I seem to have a vague memory of two or three being for mermaids. Your mother might well be among them; I would have to dig through my files to find out for certain. Please, check back with me tomorrow night or next week, and I’ll be sure to check and see what I can find for you.”

He paused. “Have you lost track of your mother? For privacy reasons, I really can’t give out much information, but if there’s a way to get ahold of her, I could send a message?”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Azalea and Carmilla

<< "You mistake being 'civilized' with not being dangerous. Need I remind you of the majority perpetrators of some the most heinous acts to ever take place on this side of the grave?"

"Their kind do them more harm still than I ever will... Humanity has no predisposition for good. And what's worse, they have the luxury of salvation. One that was wrested from me the moment I became...this. No one can save me now."

"There is no such thing as good in humanity as a whole. There's only opposing forces, levels and tiers. If you cull the highest echelon of evil, the level beneath that was once its subject will supplant them. Cull them and the next in line will take their place. Man is inherently wicked, an affliction that requires more than regret and hollow words to overcome. Sin takes not just the forms of rape and murder. Adultery, treachery, gluttony, debauchery..." she picked out a nice Chanel Rouge from the table and applied it to her lips, the red going well enough with her dress. "...vanity..." she finished, checking the application and looking herself over in the mirror.

"I know this to be true, we are more the same than different; animals. A panther, a ewe. Every example of them giving into the influence of their shadow is a testament to their natural baseness. Given free reign, be it lawlessness be it wealth, they always end up the same...." she said spinning around in the stool to face Azalea. "Just. Like. Me. If not worse..." she stood, halving the distance between them.

"Given that, all I've done is direct their iniquity in such a way that it becomes my benefit. It's not judgement, I simply call it as I see it." >>

Azalea stood silently, fighting the tears that threatened to well up in her eyes. Though she tried to face Carmilla in the heat of her tirade, she could not. It wasn’t until Carmilla wound down that she was able to summon the strength to answer.

“The human race certainly bears enough of its own blood on its hands to receive severe condemnation. But to presume that their basest nature is their only nature is just as short-sighted as it would be to ignore human evil completely. Do those in power often behave with destructive excess? Oh, yes. But look at all the others! Look at the ones who have suffered, who have always had to live within limits, who have stood side by side with others who felt pain. You don’t have to scratch too deeply to find souls of pure gold.

“And no: I can’t redeem all of humanity. But one by one, I can help others and encourage them to lead noble lives of virtue. I may not be able to stop all the armies of all the dictators, but I can steal one soldier at a time. And if I can teach others to do the same?” She shrugged. “Who knows? An army can fall from within.”

“But as for you being lost: only you can determine that. While you choose this path, you certainly chase the road to destruction. But just as Tom did, just as others have done, you have the capacity to choose otherwise. And all it would really take is to open yourself to love.”

<< Azalea registered shock at that revelation. “Tom? What do you want with him?”

"I- He was issued a summons. I only played the part of courier." she answered, having been waylaid by the question… >>

Azalea regarded her intently. “I don’t know whether to be relieved or more deeply concerned. Someone whose bidding you do wants to communicate to Tom? How should I take that?”

Lynn

“Thanks, but it’s nothing like that. I was just looking around and saw the rooms upstairs. Call it a hunch,” Lynn replied.

“I’ll come back tomorrow,” she quickly added. It looked like Tom was busy with something, so she politely smiled and went on her way.
~~~
Mai

Mai noticed that the woman that had been at Merlin’s table was gone. Was that who Tom was looking for?

While Tom was taking to Lynn, she glanced around the bar and spotted the woman near the stage, talking to Azalea.

“My, my. Don’t you have a type,” she teased as Lynn walked away, nudging Tom in the side. It was like he was some kind of femme fatale magnet.

“This way.” She started to walk toward Carmilla.

Gwalihir Gwalihir Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Carmilla Karnstein

“The human race certainly bears enough of its own blood on its hands to receive severe condemnation. But to presume that their basest nature is their only nature is just as short-sighted as it would be to ignore human evil completely. Do those in power often behave with destructive excess? Oh, yes. But look at all the others! Look at the ones who have suffered, who have always had to live within limits, who have stood side by side with others who felt pain. You don’t have to scratch too deeply to find souls of pure gold.

“And no: I can’t redeem all of humanity. But one by one, I can help others and encourage them to lead noble lives of virtue. I may not be able to stop all the armies of all the dictators, but I can steal one soldier at a time. And if I can teach others to do the same?” She shrugged. “Who knows? An army can fall from within.”

"Power is just as freely given as it is taken, Azalea. "Those in power", are not at all the whole problem. For every celebrity subverting decency, for every tyrant stoking the flames of war, there is an apostle and their following. Don't act as though cutting off the head has ever killed the serpent. For the true victims in opposition; silence is consent, inaction is as guilty as action. Revolution after revolution, civil war after civil war, have all but proven as much. You can hardly blame the dictator for using what the people gave him."
Carmilla replied, more somberly than before starting to sense an end in their meeting.

"Being a 'victim' does not imply innocence or absolution. Or even good character. Humans, everyone for that matter, will always do what you let them get away with. If public orgy and revenge killing were decriminalized tonight, within a year many of your 'soldiers' would partake without a shred of shame or regret."

“But as for you being lost: only you can determine that. While you choose this path, you certainly chase the road to destruction. But just as Tom did, just as others have done, you have the capacity to choose otherwise. And all it would really take is to open yourself to love.”

"Love? I'm already lost, can't you see? Azalea, there is no deliverance for me.
I'm no fool. No amount of virtue can fill the void within me. I could live for all to lift them higher, or spend the centuries seeking light within. It will never be enough to make me whole.
And I will be alone when the ending comes, the weight of this sin dragging me to depths unimaginable."
Karnstein said, her voice almost imperceptibly dejected. So subtle Azalea was likely one of the three people in this world who could pick up on it. It was becoming more and more clear that her mindset and mantra was rooted in more fear than spite.
"So I choose to take control of the nightmare, this fate that is my own." she started with a forced resolve. "Forsaken indifferently and absolutely my hell is on Earth, and down here all shall suffer with me."

Azalea regarded her intently. “I don’t know whether to be relieved or more deeply concerned. Someone whose bidding you do wants to communicate to Tom? How should I take that?”

Carmilla wasn't intending on answering any more questions about Tom or her business here. All she wanted to do now was leave the Last Castle, and drown herself and her reemerged feelings for Azalea and of existential dread in blood and hedonism.
She was drained and rapidly shutting down.
"Take it as none of your concern." she shot back, begining to walk passed Azalea.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< “I was just looking around and saw the rooms upstairs. Call it a hunch,” Lynn replied.

“I’ll come back tomorrow,” she quickly added. It looked like Tom was busy with something, so she politely smiled and went on her way. >>

Tom nodded. “You have good intuition. I’ll see what I can find for you, and we can talk again then.”

<< “My, my. Don’t you have a type,” she teased as Lynn walked away, nudging Tom in the side. It was like he was some kind of femme fatale magnet.

“This way.” She started to walk toward Carmilla. >>

If he could have, Tom would have blushed at that. “I don’t think two young blondes make a trend. Especially when neither was really by my choice. Don’t worry: you’re still safe with me.”

<< "Power is just as freely given as it is taken, Azalea. "Those in power", are not at all the whole problem. For every celebrity subverting decency, for every tyrant stoking the flames of war, there is an apostle and their following. Don't act as though cutting off the head has ever killed the serpent. For the true victims in opposition; silence is consent, inaction is as guilty as action. Revolution after revolution, civil war after civil war, have all but proven as much. You can hardly blame the dictator for using what the people gave him." Carmilla replied, more somberly than before starting to sense an end in their meeting. >>

“It may be true that every powerful figure doing harm has a following, but that’s not the whole story,” Azalea shot back: “Even when they held the masses in their sway, there were resistors fighting against that power and those atrocities. And of those not resisting, most did so because they could not imagine the depth of evil going on around them. Evil doesn’t pop up and shout: ‘Here I am!’ ; it wraps itself in the flags of patriotism and purity and decency, using those slogans even as they subvert their very meaning. Yes, I do blame the lying dictators for what they took under false pretense, and I know even among their followers are those whose motives were pure, just misled. There is a difference between love and hate: a difference that deserves respect.”

<< "Love? I'm already lost, can't you see? Azalea, there is no deliverance for me. I'm no fool. No amount of virtue can fill the void within me. I could live for all to lift them higher, or spend the centuries seeking light within. It will never be enough to make me whole. And I will be alone when the ending comes, the weight of this sin dragging me to depths unimaginable." Karnstein said, her voice almost imperceptibly dejected….” >>

Azalea stood with tears in her eyes. “I know you think that. But I also know that love reaches farther than you realize, deeper than you can imagine. No: no amount of lives spared will make up for those you’ve taken, but that’s not the point. The point is to make a change in direction, to do what you can when you can. You can never obtain absolution, Carmilla: but repentance can bring forgiveness and peace.”

<< "So I choose to take control of the nightmare, this fate that is my own." she started with a forced resolve. "Forsaken indifferently and absolutely my hell is on Earth, and down here all shall suffer with me." >>

Azalea shook her head. “I cannot and will not allow that. I must stop you, or I would be as complicit as you claim all of us are. I won’t end your existence, but I won’t let you take another life.”

<< Carmilla wasn't intending on answering any more questions about Tom or her business here. All she wanted to do now was leave the Last Castle, and drown herself and her reemerged feelings for Azalea and of existential dread in blood and hedonism.
She was drained and rapidly shutting down.

"Take it as none of your concern." she shot back, beginning to walk past Azalea. >>

“That’s where you’re wrong,” Azalea said, grabbing Carmilla by the arm and turning her back around. Then without warning, Azalea kissed her. As Carmilla pulled away, Azalea murmured:

“Occidere voluerint nihilominus tibi
Ego dispono vobis osculo nocte
Et cum sanguis vitae dolor vel gustare.
Per gustum etiam biliosum et erit os tuum flumen.”

(*To you who wish to kill in spite
I bestow on you a kiss this night
Whene’er you taste or spill life’s blood.
The taste of bile will your mouth flood.*)

Azalea stepped back, wiping her lips on the back of her hand.

“There. If you won’t join me in redemption, at least you will sow no more damnation.”

About that time Tom and Mai arrived at the backstage area, and Tom held the curtain aside for Mai to enter.

“I hope we’re not interrupting anything?” he asked...

Mai

<“I don’t think two young blondes make a trend. Especially when neither was really by my choice. Don’t worry: you’re still safe with me.”>

Mai still had an arm wrapped around the crux of Tom's arm. She chuckled softly and leaned in close, placing her other hand on his shoulder. "I wasn't pointing out the hair color, tiger." She grinned. "It just seems like powerful women are always after your attention in one form or another. Hopefully you've learned how to handle femme fatales by now," she teased.

She moved her hand from his shoulder, freeing up a spot for her head to lean on, and grabbed his hand on the arm she was wrapped around. "I know you love me. Unlike those women that would rather chase power, I'm content to be by your side instead."

She gave Tom a quick peck on the cheek as he pulled the curtain open for her.

<“I hope we’re not interrupting anything?” [Tom] asked...>

Mai bowed a greeting to Camilla, but stayed silent, composing herself like an elegant courtesan.

Last edited:
Adam wakes up after a few hours. Getting up he stretches and wishing he could stretch his cramping wings. Downstairs he orders some food and wine. Looking around he catches glimpses of what type of creature they are.
After eating he goes outside to stretch his wings before going inside to mingle with the people there. “That’s a lot better” he mumbles to himself while rolling his shoulders to stretch them.
(Longer post coming later I’m at work. Open for interaction

Randy

Randy noticed the angel mingling in the crowd and walked up to him.

"Up and at it already? Joseph's healing abilities sure are something," Randy said to Adam. He turned around and leaned against the bar; resting his elbows on it.

"So...what do you think? This place is pretty cool, right?!" Even in the magical world, it wasn't typical to see vampires and werewolves getting along. But that world had been unknown to him until recently. As far as he was aware, he was one of the few humans in the room, and one that didn't know any magic at that. Though that would change pretty soon. Once the bar was closed, he'd end up getting the werewolf infection.

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

Adam turned to look at him" Yes that nap and extra healing did the trick. I have gotten pretty drained from the war and healing myself. Who's Joseph and I don't believe I caught your name." Tilting his head at the unfamiliar name and leans back into a chair while resting his on the back of the chair. " I have seen many things in my life. I always thought that everyone can live together in peace somehow. '

Walking up beside him he orders another glass of wine. shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Anna, Alyssa & Danielle

Three hot ladies walk into a bar. No, seriously. Okay, first they got out of their car and handed the keys to the valet. One was a gorgeous blonde, another a fetching brunette, and the other a dark-haired beauty, all in short evening dresses...

“Well, now: Ah don’t seem to recall a place like this here last time we was in town,” murmured Anna, the southern blonde.

“You’ve got a good memory: it wasn’t here,” commented Alyssa, the brunette.

“There is something different about it,” stated Danielle of the dark hair: “I feel drawn here, enthralled almost: you don’t suppose it could be a trap?”

Anna snorted. “Who would lay out something this elaborate just to capture l’il ol’ us?”

Alyssa sighed and shook her head. “Only about a thousand different Arabian millionaires or more, just dying to get a taste. But the place doesn’t feel Arabian, I’ll give you that.”

Danielle stalked towards the front entrance. Anna cocked her head in exasperation. “Hey! What if you’re right?”

Danielle turned back for a moment. “So: maybe it is a trap. But there’s only about a hundred of them against all three of us.”

She was granted access at the door. Anna and Alyssa followed swiftly, and the trio stalked up the stairs to the main room. Jeff and George were just starting to jam to Survivor’s “High on You.” The three ladies exchanged glances and smiled, then hit the dance floor like they were born to it. They drew immediate attention, and quickly separated to mingle with the fans each of them suddenly accumulated. The dance floor seemed to swirl in three separate cells, one around each of them. Even with Azalea’s powerful magical number being over, it seemed as if the air was becoming electric once more...

Randy & Roxy

"Joseph's the phoenix that healed you," Randy replied. "The name's Randy." He held out a hand for Adam to shake.

He was about to ask Adam his name, when the atmosphere in the bar started to get electric again. He turned his attention to the dance floor and noticed three dancing women that hadn't been there before. The power of true love keeping him from joining in.

He quickly noticed Roxy at his side; more people dancing meant less people ordering drinks. She also didn't look particularly interested in joining the dance either, but she did look a little worried. Things had gotten a little out of hand as Azalea tapped into her powerful magic, the shroud could wain again; but neither Randy nor Roxy had any clue about how to help the situation.

Randy put an arm around Roxy. "And this is my girlfriend, Roxy," he said to Adam.

"H..hello," she said, trying to be polite, but wasn't quite sure why they were being introduced.

"He's an angel."

"For real?! What's your name?"

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD
~~~
Lynn

Lynn payed off her tab and was ready to go. She had enjoyed her time at the Last Castle and felt like she learned everything she could, for now. She was still curious if the owner had helped her mom in the past, but that would have to wait for tomorrow.

She would have left, but something in the air kept her in the bar. She had felt something similar during the peak of Azalea's performance. Something about the brunette was drawing her attention. Magic, or maybe some kind of party girl magnetism. Lynn wandered into Alyssa's group, making her way into the inner ring of the circle, and started to dance.

"H...hello," Lynn stuttered. She blushed a little. What was going on with her? She wasn't known to be a shy person. "What exactly are you?" she asked Alyssa.

Gwalihir Gwalihir
~~~
Mai

Mai waited for Camilla to talk or for the kitsune to be shooed away, whatever came first. She also felt the change in the room. More magic? This time there were three of them. Her subduction magic had managed to help during Azalea's performance, but she doubted it would work again here.

"Whatever spell draws the preternatural to this place, I think it's time to tone it down...," she remarked to Tom.

" Ah, I see" sipping his wine " nice to meet you. I have never been taught how to do that." He chuckles awkwardly while slightly pointing to Randy's hand. He notices the change in the atmosphere but isn't affected due to him being an angel. He glances at the three dancing woman but he wasn't interested in them." Yes, I'm an angel but more of a watcher that believes in peace for everyone. I'm Adam and I heard of someone rising someone. I didn't catch the names but I sensed it. I'm on vacation from a war between a gang of werewolves and Vampires back in Eruope over territory. "

He seemed tensed over his angel radio as he tilted his head to listen to it but he shakes it off. He orders a whiskey this time and downs it.
shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back