• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

yourlocal-eboyy

boots with the fur
Long ago in the late 16th century, warriors from around the world’s fates were all intertwined around two ancient swords; The Holy Sword, Soul Calibur and The Cursed Sword, Soul Edge. The Cursed Sword, Soul Edge is in hands of the Azure Knight, also known as Nightmare. As for the whereabouts of Soul Calibur itself, nobody knows. However, a shard of it is being guarded by a mysterious organisation known as the Aval Organisation. Currently, the organisation is trying to locate the sword’s whereabouts in hopes to find it and destroy Soul Edge. However, some people have other plans.. some want the swords simply for their power, and care not about destroying one or the other. Whether you come in possession of one of the swords, or a mere fragment is based on the decisions you make, who you are as a person, your goals. Where do you stand?

[yay, have fun, type your starters!]

[if you don’t know what to do for a starter just explain what your character is doing at this point in time, who they are, how they got to where they are now, their goals, their alignments, etc. Whatever floats your boat, and whatever you want to do.]

Azwel.

CF808-EDD-4-BE2-4-DC1-8-FA6-DDF71-AB3-E2-F3.png
Per usual, it was cold out by the Organisation’s base. The sun was partially blocked out by clouds, which of whom were producing snow about now. A rough snowstorm, but not a threat in the slightest. In the midst of it all stood Azwel, towering over what was left of a high-ranking officer of the Twelve’s body. Orzal, his name was, that is, before he was struck down by none other than one of Azwel’s followers—a Qualifier as he liked to call them—in cold blood, all in the name of Azwel himself. The man smiled wide, proud of his human’s quick work of finishing off Orzal. Orzal was a fool to underestimate Azwel, as long as the others. A young man named Grøh was one to come to the realisation of that earlier.

All Azwel could do right now was watch as blood stained the snow beneath his feet. Azwel planned not to finish Orzal himself, it would be a waste of resources. In fact, Azwel really did try and avoid finishing off humans himself. He wasn’t particularly a fan of killing off such precious creatures. For all he cared, they can go ahead and kill each other. Curtis, Orzal.. simple pawns in Azwel’s overall scheme. The man looked down as if to see his arm. He clicked open his gauntlet and gently grazed his hand over the shard of Soul Calibur he stole from the Organisation only two days prior. He looked over to the man who was sent to observe him, the poor thing was afraid. With a swift wave of his hand, his follower would finish that man off too.

Azwel opened his arms wide, looked up to the sky, and laughed manically. Everything loose he wore would flow fiercely in the wind of the storm, his hair included with that. After a few moments of that, he would drop his arms at ease. “Come now,” he began to usher his follower “Soul Edge awaits us. Then, and only then, can we create what is needed to set humanity free! And I, Azwel, will be the one to save you all!” He began to laugh again “It is a tragic story, is it not? Sure, we lost a few lives, but that is merely a problem for us now. We must move swiftly, now,” Azwel says as he begins to walk off, his follower close behind. “We wouldn’t want Grøh getting back before we take our leave. He will only prove an obstacle.” And with that, they disappeared off into the storm. Orzal’s body lay there, awaiting to be found by the Organisation, it wait there as a reminder for our tragic hero, Grøh to learn of his failure, how late he was, how powerless he was to do anything. The man would return to warn them of Azwel’s betrayal alone, without his best friend Curtis, without anything, but he would be too late.

Azwel made sure the bodies of the fallen comrades were easy to find. He used them as symbols to mock the very organisation they once belonged to in life. But now in death, they lay silent, only the wind can be heard. The sharp, cold wind.
location , Aval Organisation hideout • tags , none • mood , satisfied • interactions , none

coded by leviathan , edited by me

D0F45205-E49B-483B-BFD2-7D58E33980FF.jpegTalking to: Mantarok Mantarok

The malevolent cult Fygul Cestemus—or “The Guardians of Truth”—worshippers of Palgaea, the god of destruction. In preparation for the day when all will be cleansed, the group performed horrific ceremonies and experiments in underground shrines across the globe.
In 1583, Which the group calls “The Year of Saturns Crimson Serpent,” they were able to make contact for the first time with Palgaea the Executioner.
“Deliver the sword of judgement, Soul Edge, to my altar. Only then can the purification begin.” Upon hearing this Revelation, High Priest Kunpaetku devoted himself to the nefarious forbidden arts, in order to create a golem of fearsome power.
Now, Astaroth, A warrior forged by human hands for the sake of soul edge is nearing his awakening...

“Ista eltuk palgria elku... Munzia tudadia elauvia... Az storalothe!” Chanted Kunpaetku as he waved his arms and hands across the air, a dark red magic visible as a bright flash of white shined across the entire laboratory. Struggling against the chains that bind him, Astaroth fell to his knee’s, weakened by his sudden awakening as he groaned in pain “Are you certain this is a good Idea, your grace?” Asked one of the cult priests with a look of concern and worry underneath his hooded face. “Do not fear.” Kunpaetku replied calmly as he looked down at the golem before his very sight “This golem of Astaroth is embedded with a special core bestowed upon us by the Great One himself. It will bring Soul Edge to Fygul Cestemus!” He announced with his arms raised in grace and a wide sinister grin across his face. Astaroth continued to struggle to his senses, breaking the bindings with relative ease, but still blinking and shaking his head violently. “He moves! Are we ready?” Kunpaetku asked as he turned over to the priest behind him, the priest quickly spoke in a nervous tone “Y-Yes! I shall bring the chimeras now!”

“Can you hear it, puppet? The voice of ker...” Spoke a shadowy voice in the head of Astaroth, causing the golem to speak with trouble “Where is I...? Hrrng! Feel RAGE...!” Astaroth growled angrily as he stood to his feet. “Hm, Quite good physicality for a human experiment.” Spoke the womanly voice again as Astaroth looked around himself frantically. “But your mind is still crude. Even if you do obtain Soul Edge, it will enslave you. On Ares’ request... I shall grant you aid this once.” All at once, within Astaroths mind, flooded the memories of many warriors, Blood, violence, Bones breaking, snapping, Screams. “WHAT YOU DO?!” He shouted as he gripped his own head, howling in pain as he shut his eyes tightly. “You now possess the memories of various fallen warriors. Enemies approach. Show me you can destroy all who challenge you.” Astaroth then turned to a golem, and two lizard men quickly approaching him with murderous intent. Astaroth then growled angrily as he stomped towards the golem, The golem quickly tried to swing his axe into astaroths head, only for Astaroth to grab the weapon for himself, push the opposing golem away, and cleave into the head of the green giant. He then turned to the lizard men, one of them attempting to pounce on Astaroth, only to be met with a swift, bone crushing backhand, tumbling the lizard man to the side as it wheezed and coughed blood. The last one attempted to flee, only to have it’s tail grabbed by the hulking grey golem and slammed on the ground repeatedly until the lizard man stopped moving, blood soaking the concrete floor beneath him as he roared in victory to the air. ‘Geh heh heh... I could get used to this... Just look at me go!!’ He thought to himself, his thoughts and speech becoming more and more clear as he huffed tiredly. “You are a success. Your master, the war god Ares, deserves your thanks for bestowing upon you such wisdom and skill.” Spoke the woman once more, as Astaroth continued to look at the carnage he wrought. ‘A war god...? So he is my master...’ thought Astaroth in contemplation before snapping back to reality.

“Splendid...” Voiced Kunpaetku “The chimeras were swatted like flies!” He grinned wickedly as he turned to his subjects “Do you see? This is what my research has brought us! I am worthy of a god!” He announced proudly, receiving an uproar and applause by many of the members of the cult. ‘This human doesn’t know his place... Should I kill him?’ Astaroth thought before Kunpaetku resumed his speech “I, the High Priest Kunpaetku, Ruler of Mother Earth, command you! O Astaroth, claim Soul Edge and present it to Palgaea the Executioner! All shall know the glory of Kunpaetku and Fygul Cestemus!” The many members of the cult dropped to their knee’s and each began to mutter a prayer as they kneeled before Kunpaetku. ‘This fool will pay for ordering me around... But for now, our objectives are the same.’ Astaroth continued to think ‘I’ll use him to my advantage.’ He then proceeded to kneel as he spoke “I am ready... Kunpaetku, my... lord.”

A year had passed after his mission was given to him by Ker and Kunpaetku. Astaroth awoke in the middle of the Arab Desert with his army of lizard men as he yawned “A mission to get a sword? Talk about boring...” He then proceeded to jolt up on the ground with a loud boom, waking half of the lizard men as he slapped himself on the head “Okay, wake up... I’m yawning too much. I need to see action.” A lizard man commander then hissed and growled at Astaroth, the golems only reply being “You too, huh? Your blood must be pumping hard from keeping all those lizards in line... Hm?” He then turned to a group of younger more frantic cult members of a rival group to the war god of Rome Mars. “This is as far as you go, you pitiful drones. That opportunist Kunpaetku cannot be trusted to lead the sect.” The youngest of them then spoke up “Kalnipahlk, Priest of Mars, has ordered the cleansing to begin!” The other cult fanatic then spoke up “Likewise, Kalnipohlk, Priest of Venus, Says— Groonf!” He was quickly interrupted by Astaroth thrusting kulutes into the skull of the cultist as Astaroth shouted “Silence already! I don’t care about squabbles between Lowly Worms!” He then proceeded to break the neck of the other cultist and then he saved the youngest for last as he slowly approached him. “Damn Kunpaetku— Greugh!” He spoke before falling to the ground at being split in half by Astaroth, blood staining the sand around them as the golem spoke once again. “Of all the stupid last words... Buncha idiots. Still, that yell was kind of amusing.” Astaroth Grinned wickedly underneath his mask as he chuckled “It’s a shame a worm’s dying scream can only be heard once! Gwahahaha!” Astaroth then spoke in his head to the woman from before ‘Tell me this, Ker, is Ares obsessed with cleaning?’ To which she replied calmly “Even amongst the gods, he is renowned for his cleanliness. You could learn a lot from him. However, you should focus on your goal.” Astaroth gave a quick laugh as he spoke as if Ker wasn’t there ‘I like this one. Straight to the point!’ Ker gave a giggle in return “I shall take care of all the rubbish you collect. It should have its uses.”

A month later, Astaroth had ventured so far, that he had stumbled upon the continent of Europe. “Cleansing” Kunpaetku’s enemies without mercy as he went, Astaraoth continued on his way, the scent of death growing stronger all the time. Upon reaching the borders of England and Germany, he discovered that the genesis of all this chaos that was not his, was a being by the name of Nightmare.
“Nightmare caused all this destruction?!” The Dark Grey golem spoke as if he were concerned for the people, only to follow with... “How dare he go so far?! How dare he!?! THERE’S NOTHING LEFT FOR ME TO KILL!!!” He then slammed his weapon into the ground angrily before the lizard man chief growled something to Astaroth “Alright! On to Nightmare!” Astaroth declared, picking up his weapon and making the trek to Orstheinburg Castle.

After a year of searching, Astaroth had found it, the lair of the Azure Knight, nightmare. Barging in with his army of lizard men, he was quickly greeted by many malfested within the castle walls “Hah... You’ve nowhere to run, so kindly just offer your soul to our leader.” Astaroth then added his own input “So this is why the rumors surrounding the castle don’t spread... Despite the endless massacres.” The lizard chief then let out another growl to the golem before another malfested spoke. “Correct... Dead men tell no tales. However, if you were to join u— Urghrogh!” Astaroth had already planted Kulutes deep into the chest of the creature before him before looking over to see The master of soul edge, The Azure Knight, Nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back