• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy *open recruit* "journey to the evergrove"

roann

Unlucky Member
Hello there folks, im posting here in hopes to get your attention for an rp, i have roleplayed for 2 years and have been writing for 6, and hope my ideas interest you

• The story is set in a forgotten kingdome, once home to a people and a king amidst legends, now a ruin and broken husk, and we are here to explore this world for our different purpouses(different goals, same journey) and uncover the secrets, and seek out the pure palace in search for answers​
  • This story is well developed, and has been in the works for 2 years, and i am prepared to adjust to your opinions and ideas​
  • And most importantly, enjoy your time​
  • Comment if you're interested​

If you have a rundown of the world/plot I might! Or I might not. I just know as is, I am definitely interested and would like to know more.

so, thanks to everyone who was kind enough to give this a chance! I will explain some general stuff before answering question
so first off, I will be playing a character '' oriflamme '' , while also playing a bit of a gm role, introducing stuff and guiding the story, with your input of course!
so for more worldbuilding, I will reveal most of it during rp, but for the main part the evergrove is a long dead kingdom that once was a hub of culture, science, and civilisation, but for reasons unknown, it has crumbled into but a memory, the few beings that inhabit its remains do so out of necessity, and have managed to build shops and small distant homes in hopes of surviving the wild infested world, but many adventurers head into the fading empire hoping to find the the '' everfather '', the deific mythical king of the evergrove , a king that built an empire out of nothing, viewed as a deity by the inhabitants of the evergrove a being of power and godhood like no other, but as it turns out he is not the only one in this kingdom...

if you have any questions, feel free to ask

Okay! Definitely interesting. I'm getting specific D&D adventure vibes and I like that. What kind of races inhabit these lands? What kind of backgrounds could our characters come from? Is there magic? Are there abilities? Are they just normal people trying to search for a better place to call home for their people?

So you have this categorized with the sub genres magical and super powers, care to expound on what you're thinking in those areas for your setting?

Okay! Definitely interesting. I'm getting specific D&D adventure vibes and I like that. What kind of races inhabit these lands? What kind of backgrounds could our characters come from? Is there magic? Are there abilities? Are they just normal people trying to search for a better place to call home for their people?
well, first off, thanks, and for your questions, sorry for not expanding upon them, i kinda forgot, but for the races they are divided into two main races, the 'humans '', which are mostly secondary to the lore, and the ''requiem seekers'', the latter being a race birthed through light and hope, that they long lost, they wear masks of brilliant bronze and brass, and cover their brilliant bodies with silk robes, they have general humanoid shape, but some variations apply, e.g centaur like forms, multiple arms, horns etc... they are very few and far in-between, there are also beasts and monsters but those are mostly not sentient, with exceptions, for the origin of characters since the world is mostly ''broken'' and ''lost'' they could come from fading towns all across the world in search of the everfather to ''grant'' their wishes, for the magic system, since the world is originated from light of the requiem seekers, all humans have some of it within, which could manifest in different ways, im mostly basing all action in the story on weaponry, so this magic is mostly to augment power, sight, hearing etc... but it has some true magical uses, like storing energy and releasing magical blasts, as well as spectacular light effects emanating from within someone to draw out power, this magic is important when it comes to the evergrove, as its inhabitants are fading with it, they are losing their light, thus have lost all attachments to it, they are dark and their fire long extinguished, but upon seeing our characters showing it, they are granted determination to regain and rebuild the lost world. its mostly a soft magic system, but with some flexibility.

So you have this categorized with the sub genres magical and super powers, care to expound on what you're thinking in those areas for your setting?
you could read about the system in the comment below you, dont be afraid to ask more about it

I am a little confused about the world itself but that is something that is normally kind of cleared up whenever you start the RP. As far as the magic and people, I think I got it. We will be playing a group of adventurers seeking to reestablish evergrove is the main premise - right? And to do that, they will have to journey far into the wilderness searching for the everfather to do that? So everyone can come from far and wide hovels and backgrounds, and our characters would have some kind of small amount of magic that is tethered to them and while dying and fading, is trying to cling to life somewhere to stay alive before it's truly snuffed out?

I am a little confused about the world itself but that is something that is normally kind of cleared up whenever you start the RP. As far as the magic and people, I think I got it. We will be playing a group of adventurers seeking to reestablish evergrove is the main premise - right? And to do that, they will have to journey far into the wilderness searching for the everfather to do that? So everyone can come from far and wide hovels and backgrounds, and our characters would have some kind of small amount of magic that is tethered to them and while dying and fading, is trying to cling to life somewhere to stay alive before it's truly snuffed out?
well, the premise is big and confusing, mostly will be cleared during rp, but for how little i explained you sure understood a lot, thats actually pretty cool, and for re-establishing the evergrove, its kind of a side goal, i think the main reason they adventure is for personal reasons, like maybe asking everfather to revive your mom or something, but re-establishing the kingdom is also kind of a goal, and for the rest, you got it spot one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back