• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
I'll come back shortly to make proper sheets, but for now could I reserve a tribute from 9 and a stylist from 4? Thank youuuu

i'm lowkey tempted to join in and make a tribute, but omg this seems so intimidating >.<

I'm sorry for seeming intimidating! <3 I promise we are welcoming of all skill levels as long as you are willing to engage with others and the story c: The SemiAdv warning is more to just make sure that people are serious about investing in their characters stories. If you'd like to check out the RP thread and just read around you're welcome to, and also any and all questions are fine. C: I promise I love helping people build their stuff within the world and I dont mind explaining the gears behind the curtains sometimes <3

i'm a tribute

* BASICS
name »
malia rose
- nicknames n/a
gender » female
- pronouns she/her
- sexual orientation lesbian
age » 16
district » district 9
token » a wedding band passed down from her mother, tarnished gold and shaped like a braid
social class » working-class
appearance » short, stocky and well-muscled. round face with prominent cheekbones. nut-brown skin and darker hair that curls softly above her shoulders (think 3a/3b). eyes are a dark brown with amber flecks. sun freckles across the bridge of her nose and her cheeks. full lips; her top lip is darker than the bottom. she has surprisingly soft hands for a farmer.

「 MIND 」
* PERSONALITY
positive traits »
sweet, generous, level-headed and empathetic.
negative traits » idealistic, naive, often cowardly and avoids conflict.
fears » disappointing/angering others, being unwanted, the paranormal.
enjoys » sewing and embroidery, baked goods, piano music, the colour purple in all its forms.
detests » ghost stories, teenage boys, foggy weather, herbal teas.

* RELATIONSHIPS
friends »
few.
acquaintances » many, if the old ladies at the market count.
enemies » old men and rowdy boys always set her on edge.
crushes » n/a
partner(s) » n/a
- monogamous or polygamous/amorous? monogamous, though she hasn't given it much thought

「 PAST 」
* HISTORY
belongings »
stacks of poetry books given to her as gifts from her older sister, old workboots that have seen better days, leather cords she uses to tie her hair up, her late mother's wedding band, multiple pairs of the same jeans and flannel jackets (her go-to daily attire) as well as a few handmade skirts and dresses.
quirks » talks with her hands. has a hard time saying no; usually pulls the good old "let me think about it!" instead. can't wink. prone to giggling.
strengths » physical labour, caring for plants/animals/children, conflict resolution, no real fighting skills but quite skilled with an axe.
weaknesses » swimming, confrontation, hunting/skinning animals to eat (including fish; it makes her feel bad)
history » malia was born the second-eldest daughter to a large family of farmers. her father was absent from the beginning; her and her older sister quickly took on caretaking roles at a young age, at least until her sister ran away when she was 14 and malia was 11 -- her mother refuses to talk about it, but malia suspects she was gunned down by peacekeepers for trying to cross the fence lines. since then, malia has been the main provider for her younger siblings, as her mother quickly turned to drinking after the stress of losing her firstborn. it was only a matter of time before she was reaped, after having her name entered so many times in exchange for more food for her family. it doesn't matter to her anymore that her dream was to quit being a grain farmer and sew fancy dresses instead -- that was never going to be possible for her, and now the option has been taken away for good. she can only hope that somehow her family will be able to take care of themselves once she's gone, though she mourns how her younger sister has to be forced into the role of "mother" now.

「 EXTRA 」
* OOC
username »
lunar_moth
pronouns » any tbh, but if i had to pick one i'd say she/her
name » valerie/val
muse »n/a
activity »pretty active!
if your character is originally from something else, what is it? » n/a
character playlist » coming soon!

other »

malia learned sewing and embroidery from making her and her siblings' clothes.
her older sister always felt smothered and dreamed of leaving district 9 and being a famous poet.
malia's favourite animal is the mourning dove, because there was a nest of them that used to live on the roof of her family's farmhouse.

I know the playlist isnt there yet but you have every required box filled, so i will go ahead qnd say Accepted! c: I'll link the bio to the first post as soon as you put the bio on the Character Gallery thread. Malia sounds like such a sweetie! <3

i'm a stylist

* BASICS
name »
fey ondine
- nicknames prefers to go by ondine
gender » male
- pronouns he/they
- sexual orientation ace/aro
age » 26
district you style for » district 4
favorite style » sleek and futuristic
social class » upper-class/wealthy
appearance » dyed white hair that's cropped short to his head, pale pink-toned skin, inhumanly blue eyes with snake-slit pupils (surgically altered, not contact lenses). sharp and narrow jawline. kind of short, compared to most people his age. canine teeth have been shaped into points to resemble fangs. always has long, manicured nails, usually black and absurdly shiny. tattoos all over his body of various things, but most people only see the snake-scale pattern on his arms as he prefers to dress with most of his body covered. that being said, his outfits are never boring, and he has an almost embarrassing love of anything holographic.

「 MIND 」
* PERSONALITY
positive traits »
bold, confident, extroverted, passionate.
negative traits » prideful, aggressive, sarcastic, often rude and secretive.
fears » vulnerability, humiliation.
enjoys » cool toned colours, mythical creatures, fruit-flavoured drinks.
detests » crybabies, slow music, red wine, being bored, anything with lace on it.

* RELATIONSHIPS
friends »
plenty of other capitol stylists, especially those with similar fashion tastes.
acquaintances » anyone and everyone he thinks could be of use to him.
enemies » once at a club someone spilled their drink on him and ruined his pants, so now he hates wine and also that random stranger in particular.
crushes » n/a
partner(s) » n/a
- monogamous or polygamous/amorous? n/a

「 PAST 」
* HISTORY
belongings »
standard wares of any rich capitol citizen; as well as hoards of jewelry and exotic plants.
quirks » refuses to draw on anything electronic. pencil and paper only, please, or no design for you.
strengths » watercolour painting, smooth-talking people to get what they want
weaknesses » hand-sewing. anything delicate and old fashioned -- please don't ask him for a ballgown, he will die on the spot
history » despite being urged by their family to pursue a career in electronics and gamemaking, ondine's one and only true love has always been designing. he has recently graduated art school and begun to make a name for himself as an artist, even squeezing himself into a spot in a haughty fashion show and impressing the judges enough to be hired as a stylist for this year's games. they are under no delusions about the true nature of the capitol and the horrors of the games, having seen many a childhood classmate volunteer and get themselves killed, as is the nature of the careers. still, he can't find it in himself to be that terribly bothered -- as long as he gets the fame and the money he desires, why does it matter how he gets it? besides, it's not as if he could ever stand up to the capitol himself and make a change even if he tried, right? ...right?

「 EXTRA 」
* OOC
username »
lunar_moth
pronouns » any tbh, but if i had to pick one i'd say she/her
name » valerie/val
muse »n/a
activity »pretty active!
if your character is originally from something else, what is it? » n/a
character playlist » coming soon!

other »

people always assume they modelled themselves after a snake, what with the fangs/eyes and the tattoos, and ondine always wants to strangle them and say "no, i'm supposed to be a SEA MONSTER, which is so much cooler duh!!"​
they have a brother who used to be a standard gamemaker, before he quit for a quiter job in tech design. ondine thinks he's so boring.​

Accepted also, and added to the first post! I love them c": Tia is gonna have a hayday talking to him, and I'm sure Orson will have something to say-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back