Other Open Letter of Disgruntlement

I believe that this response might be vital here:

Not only that, but you know what the easiest way to remedy this problem is?

GM your own roleplay.

I'd think that might compound the problem actually. Then I have a whole boat load of people to have flake on me.

I am mostly frustrated with how group RPs never make it off the ground. I can be understanding with one person, I don't have a ton of time either, but when a group of 8 can't muster 1 post in a week, that's when I cry foul. Please see Released into the Wild OCC for a history of my efforts to get a role play going again. Everyone was poked, several expressed interest in continuing. We had a plan. A week later 1 person had posted.

I am absolutely 100% fine with stuff coming up. After I goaded everyone, one person informed me they got busy and had to give it up. And you know what? We're cool. I totally forgave them.

I've managed to get several 1x1 partners out of this and we're all pretty cool. A few seemed worried about post activity and I've reassured them all it's fine. If they drop off the radar for a day or two, it's cool. Again, over and over and over, when a group of players can't get even 1 post out, when a GM doesn't respond for a week, when everyone makes character sheets but then noone posts IC, something is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back