• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [OPEN] JPMC- The Jefferson Patriots Motorcycle Club - Biker Gang Interest

Winter_Wolf

you had me at whiskey
Inspired by The Sons of Anarchy, but you don’t need to have watched it to participate. The Jefferson Patriots are a (fictional) motorcycle club running in northern California and Oregon, champions of the State of Jefferson movement. Co-Founded 1978 by the club’s current leader and old man, Herb Silverman.

iu
The main question is how best to run the club, and bring about the State of Jefferson.
The Jefferson dream was born in the struggles of the Great Depression, repressed in the outbreak of US entry into WWII in 1941, but persistent to the present day. The causes are the same today as they were then--those metro and coastal Californians and Oregonians were cut from a different cloth than us, and can't mend the two together. Jefferson was cut from a different, sometimes bloody cloth, but as Thomas Jefferson once said...

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

For you (...or your character), the "Jeff's" or "Pate's" cause represents an outlaw's dream utopia...and/or subject of personal gain. Particularly with certain proponents outside the club who are online with the cause. The Jeffs offer you the chance to become a more sovereign being.

iu
Both biker and non-biker roles accepted!
Which leaves the door open for "old ladies" (wives) or prospective old ladies, romance, and officials sympathetic to the cause. Inevitably there would be mature themes involved in the RP.

If there is any interest, I can create a CS thread, but I probably won't be too stringent on post length or CS requirements. Also no cap on the number of people, except maybe in the unlikely event this gets swamped with interest.

Cheers

apolla apolla I know you had some potential interest.

Last edited:
I'm interested!
interested

Awesome! If you haven't already, definitely start thinking about what kind of character or characters you might want. I'm thinking of allowing up to 2 characters per person; remember, both biker and non-biker roles are fine, which allows corrupt cops/officials and wives or potential wives.

I will start on a CS, as we have 4 interested people including myself. Hopefully we get more!

EDIT: Here is the CS Jefferson Patriots MC - CS

Last edited:
I'm interested. Thinking maybe a wife/potential wife and a member of the club.

I probably won't get around to thinking about them in depth until tomorrow. :)

I'm interested. Thinking maybe a wife/potential wife and a member of the club.

I probably won't get around to thinking about them in depth until tomorrow. :)

Great! And that's fine. I'm not even entirely sure about my character(s) yet.

-----

To everyone: I can take the President slot with one of my characters, unless by chance someone else wants to take a crack at it. That could be interesting. But I assumed it would make the most sense for me to play the President.

Also I'm toying with the idea of taking out the extra specific and potentially less interesting "Treasurer" position and replacing it with a couple slots for "Roadmasters" (or whatever other title) who would be like your typical "capo." Essentially they were regular Members who have been promoted due to their club service. They provide extra backbone and leadership for Members and Prospects, but operate the Pres and Quartermaster. Thoughts?

I may change the club member I intended on to a Roadmaster. Any more details on what that role would entail?

I may change the club member I intended on to a Roadmaster. Any more details on what that role would entail?

Okay, yeah that’s fine, I will replace Treasurer with Roadmaster. They would essentially have lower level yet important leadership and enforcement roles within the club. Like making sure large group or long distance rides run smoothly and Members and especially Prospects stay in the pack. The Roadmaster could also be depended on to lead smaller groups and ensure that orders/responsibilities are carried out. The Roadmaster has more experience than Members and Prospects, so if something goes down, they can stand firm without (ideally) losing their head.

Hope that helps? In a way you could probably summarize their role with “they make sure it gets done.”

If you put in Sergeant at Arms Id take that spot

edit: Sorry if thats kinda pushy, Im not good at asking

Last edited:
If you put in Sergeant at Arms Id take that spot

edit: Sorry if thats kinda pushy, Im not good at asking

No worries—that might be kind of like the Roadmaster position(?) but if you outline a description for the Sergeant at Arms, I might add it!

In the MC subculture the Sergeant-at-Arms is responsible for ensuring that the Bylaws and standing rules of a club are not violated, and that orders of the chapter officers are executed in an expeditious manner. ... TheSergeant at Arms is the head of security of the club and also the personal bodyguard to the President

In the MC subculture the Sergeant-at-Arms is responsible for ensuring that the Bylaws and standing rules of a club are not violated, and that orders of the chapter officers are executed in an expeditious manner. ... TheSergeant at Arms is the head of security of the club and also the personal bodyguard to the President

I’ll allow it! I’ll edit the roles and add it, but for now you can put it as your character’s position.

Sorry I haven't made much headway with my CSs. I should be back on track by the weekend - I've just had things on my mind this week.

Hopefully some of the others will post their characters soon too. :)

Sorry I haven't made much headway with my CSs. I should be back on track by the weekend - I've just had things on my mind this week.

Hopefully some of the others will post their characters soon too. :)

No worries, I still need to finish up Herb myself.

Mine will be up soon it's been crazy

Okay great, there’s not a massive rush, so take some time if necessary.

Does anyone want to take Quartermaster? Because if not, then I have an idea of where the RP could start. The position is totally open though, so feel free to take it.

I've finished Sienna and will finish Jerome in the next day or two.

Incidentally, are you going to create an OOC chat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back