[Open] [FATE] Celestial Bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizthequeer

Title: Celestial Bodies
Game: FATE
Player Count: 5

Description:
This campaign will be sci-fi and fantasy, with a high concept of survival. Your characters are not only outlaws, but experiments. Prisoners of war, criminals, gifted, strange, sold, or simply at the wrong place at the wrong time, you were captured and brought to a high-security, underground lab on an unknown planet. You were tortured, modified, and changed in ways you yourself don’t yet know or understand.
During a security breach, you were able to escape with four other experiments after stealing a ship. Since then, you’ve been wandering for three months as outlaws, taking odd jobs of questionable legality, or complete illegality, to get by and keep moving. UNION, the acting government of the galaxy, is constantly on the lookout for escaped experiments such as yourself.
The campaign will start with you docked at an Outland planet, one of the border planets that are the furthest distance from UNION’s influence. These planets are dangerous, full of unsavory folk and surprises at every turn. Your fuel is running low, and you need a job. What you’re willing to do for the money, is up to you.

Character Creation:
The characters in this story will fill one of five roles: The Captain, The Pilot, The Engineer, The Technician, and The Medic. Though these roles describe the prime purpose of your character on the ship, it does not particularly limit the type of character or persona you will have. Since character creation (and story) in FATE is generally collaborative, I won’t be asking for complete character sheets. Instead, I ask for the following basic information about your character:
Name
Role
Pick from Captain, Pilot, Engineer, Technician, or Medic.
Modification Here you will briefly describe what was done to your character that is outwardly apparent. A big concept in this campaign is that the characters don’t know everything that has been done to them, and do not know how it will manifest itself. These details will be revealed through the story, and they could be decided by me, you, or even the other players.
Origin/Background How did your character come to be captured and experimented on? How did they build the skills necessary for their role?
Basic Concept A description of your character’s most defining skills and personality traits, their basic concept. What role will they have on the team, besides their obvious named role?

You will need to do this for two characters, one being your first choice for Role and the other being your second choice, to ensure that I can build a cohesive party for our story.

House Rules/Game Style:
This game is going to be largely collaborative. I will not be the only one bringing in details about the world, the npcs, or the conflicts. FATE is a very flexible system, and I’m very new to it, so we will be learning it together (unless, of course, you have played it before). The focus will be on narrative, relationships, plot, intrigue, mystery, etc.. Keep in mind that we are creating a story together, that everyone can enjoy, full of challenges, failures, and accomplishments.

Other:
My time zone is EDT, so I suggest those who apply aren’t in an incompatible timezone. I expect everyone to post at least once a day on average, taking into account, of course, periods of inactivity due to real life responsibilities and emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread