• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Open Epic Style RP

Quick Author's note
This is a reposting of my RP idea. I currently have an ongoing RP set in the same setting. You can either be apart of the new party this post is aimed at, or you can also join the ongoing RP which has just gotten out of it's starting area. We had some attrition due to some people less active than we promised and other such mishaps.

Expectations
  • IC VS OOC- Don't get your feelings hurt, this is an RP. If someone's character thinks your character is dead weight fair is fair don't take it personally. I hated my friend's character in my old roll 20 RP. I was still friends with him outside of it. It's nothing personal when I decided to raze his village... I just hated his character.
  • Romance Arcs- Not romantically oriented, we aren't going to do a ridiculous quest line and press pause on the whole world ending event for your characters to have a beautiful wedding on top of Mount Doom.... I mean we can, but the world will probably continue to have the world ending event.
  • Commitment- This will be a long term RP. Expect waiting days for responses from your fellows, life is a terrible foe we all face. It sucks and if it comes down to it I'll make the GM call, but we will start on a lenient note.
  • Communication- I like to think I'm a reasonable guy. You want to go on vacation, or your date is extra demanding just tell us. We can easily take a short rest and wait for your return, or we can just give you a "side" mission to go on and return when you are ready to return.
  • PLAYER INPUT- Plot, world building and etc. I am absolutely open to it. Send me your ridiculous nobles, the shady criminal organizations and what not. I'll tell you changes to make it fit, why it cannot be done or I love it so much it will be lore. I'm a benevolent god.
  • Realism- I swear to my ancestors if I see a grizzled 18 year old who's been in the military for 3 days but conquered whole nations. I'll...... I'll probably cry and throw my phone at a wall. Then send an apologetic message with recommendations or an attempt to reject the character. This does mean if your character is 14 but is competent. He has to have a decent reason as to why. Child soldier, slave or daddy's little helper I care not just pretend to work in the realms of possibility
  • Character Pasts- I will create NPCs for your past to catch up to you. I'll PM you a heads up on what I have planned to see if it is close to the truth. Otherwise, the village you wrote down you burned down from the past will come back to haunt you. I never enjoyed how man RPs have character background that never get brought up again by GMs. I intend to break that cycle
The Key Point of the RP
  • The Sundering- Every 3 years a hole in reality is ripped open in the sandy wastes where demons pour forth into the world. They attack every kingdom, empire and nation they see.
  • The Fallen Stars- 7 different specific known points where the demons originate from. It is proven that you can destroy them as there used to be 13.
  • Sandbox mechanic- You can be a heroic party of heroes. The spies that rule an empire from the darkness and etc. You are in this world as anything or anyone you want to be. You can be all you can be stealing a quote from the army.
  • Full time GM- I'm currently on a weird work schedule. Because of this, I won't be 100% present. What I can offer you is an impartial game master. I will not have a character in the game, but I will manage all NPCs
  • Monsters, Daemons and NPCs oh my!- You'll be fighting everything from Dragons to drunken wizards.
  • The world goes on without you- If you ignore that ant infestation at that one village don't be surprised to see all the sugar cubes in the village disappear. That goes double to your HQ being under siege. Don't be surprised when you come home to nothing.
  • Technology- At the moment I have steam engines, gunpowder and swords planned. If popular demand says more fantasy then it shall be so.
  • Character Death- Hate to tell you, you jump off a cliff I'm going to dome piece your character
  • Characters- Your character can be of this world or another. I'll leave it at that you are still bound to the tech level of this planet... unless you change it....
  • Epic Style- I have another group in this world. Their actions may affect you and vice versa.
I can honestly go on forever, but that's not the goal. A lot is open to change. If you make the request for dwarves, elves or etc. don't say this isn't the RP for me just ask. I'm very open to suggestions. Down below I will put in CS, the native nations and I would like to request you PM me your CS. I'm looking for a party of 3-5 and if possible 2 new players to add to the current Group A.

Basic Information​

Name: (Full Name)

Alias: (What they go by)

Party Role:

Accent:

Style of Speaking: (Soldiers tend to use a lot of acronyms, A salesman a more polite and charismatic way and a mage a bit more educated)

Volume of Voice: (due to a injury do they always whisper or yell?)

Place of Residence: Prior to summoning

Languages: on this planet are Greek, Latin, English and a plethora of others)

Relationship: (any old flames before being summoned)

Ambitions: (I want to be the best the best there ever was)

Appearance(or Picture)

Race:

Distinguishing features: (did your sister bite you on the stomach and leave a mark there forever)

Tattoos: (certain designs will increase magical power)

Build of body: (Athletic, bulky, barrel chested and etc)

Hair Style:

Piercings:

Skin:

Eyes:

Height:

Weight:

Typical Clothes:

History

Birth Place:

Parents History:

Early Life: (0-6)

Middle Life: (7-18)

Current Life: (18-current)

Education: (from public education to specialized classes. Give a list and brief description)

Personality

Summary:

General Attitude:

General Intelligence:

General Sociability:

Alignment:

Disposition:

Outlook:

Religion/Philosophy:

Sexuality:

Dislikes: (at least 3)

Fears: (at least 2)

Mannerisms: (at least 2)

Misc. Quirks:

Combat

Magical:

Type of Magic:

Fighting style:

Choice if Weapon:

Choice of Armor:

Stats WIP(25 points for use)

Physical Fitness(1-10): How fit are you 1 is never worked out a day in my life 10 Olympic athlete

Ballistics Skill(1-10): accuracy with spells, bows and etc.

Weapons Skill (1-10): Melee based weapons

Endurance/Toughness(1-10) how much does it take to keep you down. 1 is a solid punch to your gut. 10 is Adam Brown level toughness.

Magic Strength:

Energy: The energy you draw upon. Magic is tied to magic as well.

Intelligence: it isn't your traditional intelligence, but how well you understand the world you now inhibit.

Stealth:1= on a good day you can steal a bag of doritos from a dead body. 10 you are so good at stealth no one even knows you​

Name:
Kjern Möen

Alias:
Special K

Party Role:
Support/ Backroom Dealer

Accent:
A heavy Danish accent

Style of Speaking:
He speaks like if he just crawled up from the streets. He refers to everything as dude and seems to fade in and out of using normal words to using slang no one uses.

Volume of Voice:
He speaks as if everyone is deaf loud and boisterous

Place of Residence:
Danish, English and German

Drug dealer

Relationship:
Ava Birch

Ambitions:
Become a US citizen

Appearance(or Picture)

Race:
Caucasian

Distinguishing features:
None

Tattoos:
None

Build of body:
Athletic

Hair Style:
Shaved on the sides and long hair on the top combed to his right

Piercings:
None

Skin:
Somewhat tanned

Eyes:
Blue

Height:
5'8

Weight:
180lb

Typical Clothes:
Shorts, flip flops and a tank top

History
Birth Place:
New York

Parents History:
His parents were engineers who stayed in New York on green cards. They lived a great life able to provide for their son like their parents before them. Other than that they lived unremarkable lives.

Early Life:
Born in New York a US citizen, Kjern moved back to Denmark at 2 years old when his father's green card expired. The Möen's decided with a young child it would be best to raise him in their homeland.

Middle Life:
Always the best in his class at academics and sports. Kjern enjoyed his schooling and soon got a chance to head to the US for college in Georgia. He played soccer and with his superb grades. It was his tickets to America.

Current Life:
Kjern soon found Georgia Tech to be difficult. Partying, he found easy and soon partied his way out of his scholarship. He got in trouble with the police and soon he had a warrant out for his arrest and potential deportation despite being born on American soil.

Homeless and without much prospects. He put his brain into selling drugs and helping out local gangs. He met Ava Birch at Georgia Tech and they dated for awhile until she graduated. He moved to Orlando Florida using all his money to follow his love. Despite promising to go clean, Kjern still resorts to crime to pay for his bills.

Education:
Public Education (Denmark)
He received top marks and was the valedictorian for his school.

Georgia Tech(USA)
He flunked all his classes with a 1.1 GPA. He was attempting to follow in his parents footsteps and get a Electrical Engineering degree.

Personality
Summary:
A generally all around nice guy who makes everyone feel comfortable. He's one of those people that you hear light up a room with his jokes, antics and terrible Danish accent.

General Attitude:
A bright ball of sunshine who remains unwilling to let his circumstances ruin his dreams.

General Intelligence:
He's incredibly smart getting a full ride scholarship to Georgia Tech. His downfall is that he refuses to study and doesn't have a photographic memory. This means he needs to sit down and learn if he doesn't while he can learn quickly it isn't enough to divide him from anyone else unless he takes that extra minute to learn.

General Sociability:
He is the life of the party. He makes friends with everyone and anyone. He's never one to exclude people.

Alignment:
Neutral

Disposition:
Kern's has a generally bright and happy disposition. He's also the first one to help a friend in need.

Outlook:
He's blinded by the American dream and thinks anything is possible.

Religion/Philosophy:
"Put in the time and work and no matter what it'll work out ja?" -Kjern

Sexuality:
Straight

Nice cars, parties and the beach

Dislikes: (at least 3)
Rent, formal classes, and the police

Fears: (at least 2)
Heights and spiders

Mannerisms: (at least 2)
He always bounces his leg while sitting down and he's a bit of an airhead

Misc. Quirks:
He always makes faces when talking to people in exaggerated ways somewhat appropriate to the situation

Combat
Magical:
No

Type of Magic:
N/A

Fighting style:
Street brawler

Choice if Weapon:
His fists

Choice of Armor:
Lighter the better

Stats WIP(25 points for use)
Physical Fitness(1-10):

Ballistics Skill(1-10):

Weapons Skill (1-10):

Endurance/Toughness(1-10)

Magic Strength:

Energy:

Intelligence:

Stealth:1=
Factions

Kvitovia

Briefly mentioned by Raebyrn for necromancers. It's a safe have for all practitioners of magic. Society is controlled by magical lodges which are ranked based off numbers, power, ancient lore, battle honors and famous individuals.

Venn'dar

An island nation that has a well funded navy. They also seem to have bad blood with The Kvassian Empire. The population is ruled by a council voted in by a vote. Each persons vote is determined by how much land they own.

The Kvassian Empire

Known to have bad blood with The People of Venn'dar. There has been mentions they own a landship fleet. The people are ruled by a feudal system with odd displays of technology like factories powered by steam. For many, they only see steel swords, horse powered plows and hand tools.

The City State of Nysinia

Known to have destroyed 2 fallen stars. Its run by a brutal dictator and a caste system. Its soldiers are highly trained and armed with the most advanced technology like semiautomatic weapons. Isolated high in the mountains. Few dare to impose their control on this city state.

More information for factions will be learned in the RP or when you PM me CS about your character being from there. Otherwise that's all you're getting.

Hey! This looks really interesting, I honestly don't mind either being in the current campaign or starting a new one, depends on what you'd prefer to have!

Hey! This looks really interesting, I honestly don't mind either being in the current campaign or starting a new one, depends on what you'd prefer to have!
Awesome, personally I'm fine with either or. I planned on doing a brief PM interview with those who submit CS to see if you're compatible for the existing group or if it would be better to put you in the new group. I look forward to your CS my guy and PM me for any comments, questions or concerns.

Awesome, personally I'm fine with either or. I planned on doing a brief PM interview with those who submit CS to see if you're compatible for the existing group or if it would be better to put you in the new group. I look forward to your CS my guy and PM me for any comments, questions or concerns.
Makes sense. I'll send a CS soon then!

What is the limit of different "archetypes" of characters. For example, you could have a grizzled war veteran, A powerful magician, a human with superpowers, a cyborg with enhancements. What is the "limits" of characters that would make sense in the setting?

What is the limit of different "archetypes" of characters. For example, you could have a grizzled war veteran, A powerful magician, a human with superpowers, a cyborg with enhancements. What is the "limits" of characters that would make sense in the setting?
You can be anything. If you want to make a SAS Operator you can. You can have superpowers and etc. The thing is once you get summoned your powers are affected by the Sundering and laws and rules of the dimension. One player has a necromancer who's power increased but basically has no control over it.

We can talk it out through PMs but I'm open to just about anything from Edward Elric to Darth Revan.

So (almost) completely free rain. That's pretty cool.
Yeah absolutely. The current party is pretty down to earth. They have a tried and true assassin, A college student warped out of her time, and a necromancer who can see the dead and control them. By all means, you want to make a SAS operator with 20 years of wartime experience by all mean. You want to make Iron man by all means. Just understand, the world is pretty low on tech and its magic will affect your powers.

hey, do you mind if I join?
I love the Idea, and if it will be long term I really loved to do it. But, I kinda new to roleplaying and maybe will have a lot of questions.
is that alright?

hey, do you mind if I join?
I love the Idea, and if it will be long term I really loved to do it. But, I kinda new to roleplaying and maybe will have a lot of questions.
is that alright?
You're definitely welcome to join in. Right now, it's more of an interest check gathering the peeps and somewhat interviewing those who send PMs in

Someone PMed me a great CS. I encourage free reign of the character creation process as the whole point is a bunch of unlikely heroes and antiheroes working together to do X, Y or Z. What I did not consider was a character that was out of my depth.

What do I mean by that. The CS was heavily based in a fandom I'm for the most part uneducated about in the lore. Because of that, I would like to request if you do base it in a fandom dont be discouraged if I request character changes. It might just take you explaining X,Y or Z to me.

If you desire to pick a fandom of an older series, I'm 21 I probably won't know it. Other than that have at it. Just keep in mind basically these requirements.

• Not OP you can have a character that is a hero in their own realm, but we can't have a character that renders the Sundering pointless.
  • If you think I might not know the lore just add a quick additional explanation to everything.
  • No super loner characters since this is heavily party based. You can definately be a calm quiet type. We just don't need a "I can do everything on my own"
  • You can have nonhuman characters. You'll just recieve penalties in the form of everyone thinks your a Daemon, but I will counter balance this with other perks.
I'm sorry for taking these measures. I just didn't think about how many various, different, unique and lengthy fandoms with strong lore there is out there. Anyways wish y'all the best.

-TLA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back