• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [OPEN] Beneath the Stars' Gaze (A Zodiac-Themed RP)

Risotoo

pulling for snek boss
beneath the stars' gaze
  • INTRODUCTION
    From here, the sky looked as dull as always, the clouds drearily passing by.

Just then, a mild breeze picked up, teasing a giggle within you. As you try and suppress it, the winds rustle the feathergrass around, tickling your skin. Lying here on this endless field, the world's noises drown away. You feel as if you could lie here for eternity, looking on endlessly within this dream. Maybe you did. Maybe you didn't. You don't really care.

One thing, however, seems to persist amongst all the others; it's faint, yet somehow clearer than all the sounds. A buzzing noise, its echoes relentelessly pushing through your skull. Sighing, you try to pay attention to the incessant droning above right before your eyes graze the sky.

Immediately, your train of thought stops, your mind crumbling to bits as your head starts to glaze over. Somewhere, in the back of your mind, you know you need to find the source, but try as you might, your eyes remain unable to tear away even as the droning intensifies, and though your vision starts to flicker, you can't help but look up at the emptiness above. Your eyes close shut one last time, and the dream dissipates.

For a moment, you wonder if you've gone blind, but it remains at that: a moment. As you come to, a weight seems to settle within your brain. Little by little, sensations start to come to you, and as your vision returns, you find yourself fit snugly within what seems to be a small coffin.

Red colours into your vision, a whine in the background magnifying into an echoing blare.

Panic starts to ensue then, and your hands frantically try to pry yourself out, to no avail. You can feel a scream building within your chest before you muster a shaky breath. Slowly, a small semblance of calm starts to settle within before you finally look at your surroundings.

On your sides, you find countless tubes and wires snaking towards interfaces far beyond your understanding. Hidden just below your feet are rows of blinding lights alongside a rippling wave spiking up every once in a while. You shift around to get a better view of things when suddenly, you feel a sharp pain arc towards your knee. A groan escapes you then. You grit your teeth and look around, wondering what happened when your eyes fall upon a misted plate.

...No, perhaps, a window is more precise. You place your hands to inspect the window, but, right as you touch the surface, the opening hisses.

Your hands flinch away.

A few moments pass as you wait in the void, your heart in your throat. You're just about to move when you hear another hiss and the glass swings forward.

You lurch forward then, itching to get out of your wired tomb when suddenly, you feel a sharp pain as the blood rushes to your head, making you stop for a bit. The world tips over as you struggle to maintain your balance. You're nearly about to faint when a shadow passes in the corner of your eye. Swiftly, your head turns to see for any intruders although you instantly regret it, the aches starting up all over again.

As the pain starts to subside, you hear their ominous words, so far away, yet they ring clear to you all the same.

"You're...awake?"
code by Nano

Last edited:
———✧ INTRODUCTION ✧———
From here, the sky looked as dull as always, the clouds drearily passing by.

Just then, a mild breeze picked up, teasing a giggle within you. As you try and suppress it, the winds rustle the feathergrass around, tickling your skin. Lying here on this endless field, the world's noises drown away. You feel as if you could lie here for eternity, looking on endlessly within this dream. Maybe you did. Maybe you didn't. You don't really care.

One thing, however, seems to persist amongst all the others; it's faint, yet somehow clearer than all the sounds. A buzzing noise, its echoes relentelessly pushing through your skull. Sighing, you try to pay attention to the incessant droning above right before your eyes graze the sky.

Immediately, your train of thought stops, your mind crumbling to bits as your head starts to glaze over. Somewhere, in the back of your mind, you know you need to find the source, but try as you might, your eyes remain unable to tear away even as the droning intensifies, and though your vision starts to flicker, you can't help but look up at the emptiness above. Your eyes close shut one last time, and the dream dissipates.

For a moment, you wonder if you've gone blind, but it remains at that: a moment. As you come to, a weight seems to settle within your brain. Little by little, sensations start to come to you, and as your vision returns, you find yourself fit snugly within what seems to be a small coffin.

Red colours into your vision, a whine in the background magnifying into an echoing blare.

Panic starts to ensue then, and your hands frantically try to pry yourself out, to no avail. You can feel a scream building within your chest before you muster a shaky breath. Slowly, a small semblance of calm starts to settle within before you finally look at your surroundings.

On your sides, you find countless tubes and wires snaking towards interfaces far beyond your understanding. Hidden just below your feet are rows of blinding lights alongside a rippling wave spiking up every once in a while. You shift around to get a better view of things when suddenly, you feel a sharp pain arc towards your knee. A groan escapes you then. You grit your teeth and look around, wondering what happened when your eyes fall upon a misted plate.

...No, perhaps, a window is more precise. You place your hands to inspect the window, but, right as you touch the surface, the opening hisses.

Your hands flinch away.

A few moments pass as you wait in the void, your heart in your throat. You're just about to move when you hear another hiss and the glass swings forward.

You lurch forward then, itching to get out of your wired tomb when suddenly, you feel a sharp pain as the blood rushes to your head, making you stop for a bit. The world tips over as you struggle to maintain your balance. You're nearly about to faint when a shadow passes in the corner of your eye. Swiftly, your head turns to see for any intruders although you instantly regret it, the aches starting up all over again.

As the pain starts to subside, you hear their ominous words, so far away, yet they ring clear to you all the same.

"You're...awake?"

———✧ INFORMATION ✧———​

Hola everyone! Risotoo here with the details after that flavour-text.

This roleplay is set eons into the future; humanity, as we know it, was erased from the face of the earth, save for a few bunkers and artefacts from that time. In one such bunker are a group of superhumans who, for the past eons, have slept underground, undisturbed. Until now.

These superhumans are called the Zodiacs, beings that have been bestowed great power by the Wishonomicon. You will be taking on the role of one of these Zodiac and must now reacquaint yourself with this new life, so far removed from the one you knew. Some of your memories and access to your abilities in the first chapter, however, seem to be locked, thus, leaving you all no other choice than to stay in the bunker to rehabilitate yourself under the supervision of the Watcher.

For transparency's sake, while this starts out as a mystery, focused on uncovering the circumstances behind your situation and deciding what to do with that understanding, it will eventually turn into a roleplay focused on adventure and exploration, should your characters choose to venture into the world above. There are combat elements and fast-paced action scenes, but they're not the crux of this roleplay, as I'd like for this to be driven by the characters and the plot.

———✧ ROLES ✧———​
For the time being, I'm looking for 3-5 players. You're free to choose which of the Zodiacs you wish to pick for your character. Although not necessary, there are always bonus points for matching up the power and the personality to the sign you have chosen. This will also be application-based, as opposed to being first-come-first-serve. Once the roster for the characters has been finalised, a week will be spent on plotting out the relationships between each and everyone's characters for maximum drama.

An important fact about the characters: while the characters are the protagonists, they are not completely stripped of evil. Each and every one of the Zodiacs has done something immoral to warrant being frozen below the surface. The characters all have a dark past. That's not to say that all the characters should be serious and no-nonsense or that they're all irredeemable. Simply that they're people whose actions and mistakes have far greater consequences than the average human being.

Of the following roles, those that have a slash across them are taken.
Aries
Taurus
Gemini
Cancer
Leo
Virgo
Libra
Scorpio
Sagittarius
Capricorn
Aquarius
Pisces

———✧ RULES✧———​
1. Discord is definitely a must for people in this roleplay, as it allows for an easier time in facilitating interactions and other tasks that would otherwise be tedious on the main threads.

2. When it comes to posting frequency, I'm not particularly strict on this, since things can get hectic all too easily in real life. My only requirement is that you remain active in the OOC Chat on Discord, as it lets me know that you're still invested.

3. Breaks are very important, and I would like to have some honesty when you are in want of one. Please let me know if you decide to go on a hiatus, preferably in advance, so that I can prepare around it.

4. While I did state that I'm not too strict on posting frequency, I will still do check-ins every now and then to gauge the interest of the active players.

———✧ LINKS ✧———
CS [LINK]
OOC [LINK]
LORE [LINK]
IC [TBA]

Last edited:
Definitely interested. I will wait for the CS template for more details, but I want to ask if you have any intended age group?

candygore candygore FoldedPages FoldedPages A A Bottle of Memories jrink jrink Chimeric Chimeric lumbago lumbago Kovacs Kovacs Severia Severia Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin
Thanks for being here ^_^ Since enough peeps have shown interest, I send to you the CS and Lore thread :D Very excited to see your characters !!

Last edited:
Last call for Flight BTSG 01, preparing for final departure in two days!
(aka a small bump and reminder of the impending deadline)

REOPENING
REOPENING
As it says on the tin, we're reopening and looking for 1 or 2 players to fill up some spots ^^
Currently open are the following roles:
Gemini
Cancer
Libra
Capricorn
Come and get 'em while they're still piping hot, folks! (^ 0 ^)/

REOPENING
As it says on the tin, we're reopening and looking for 1 or 2 players to fill up some spots ^^
Gemini
Cancer
Libra
Capricorn
I would like to reserve a spot for Capricorn. Got a character idea already and will submit the CS soon.

REOPENING
Gemini
Cancer
Libra
Capricorn
iNTERESTED. Will put my bid in also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back