• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[Closed] Apocalypse World: Blackened Earth

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
8B875A9D-E063-4964-AD49-F2DD2421B944.jpeg

APOCALYPSE WORLD
Nobody remembers how or why. Maybe nobody ever knew. The oldest living survivors have childhood memories of it: cities burning, society in chaos then collapse, families set to panicked flight, the weird nights when the smoldering sky made midnight into a blood-colored half-day. Now the world is not what it once was. Look around you: evidently, certainly, not what it was. But also close your eyes, open your brain: something is wrong. At the limits of perception, something howling, everpresent, full of hate and terror. From this, the world’s psychic maelstrom, we none of us have shelter.

WHY TO PLAY
  1. Because the characters are fucking hot.
  2. Because hot as they are, the characters are best and hottest when you put them together. Lovers, rivals, friends, enemies, blood and sex—that’s the good shit.
  3. Because the characters are together against a horrific world. They’re carving out their little space of hope and freedom in the filth and violence, and they’re trying to hold onto it. Do they have it in them? What are they going to have to do to hold it together? Are they prepared, tough enough, strong enough and willing?
  4. Because they’re together, sure, but they’re desperate and under a lot of pressure. If there’s not enough to go around (and is there ever?), who'll stick together and who'll turn on whom? Who do you trust, and who should you trust, and what if you get it wrong?
  5. Because there’s something really wrong with the world, and I don’t know what it is. The world wasn’t always like this, blasted and brutal. There wasn’t always a psychic maelstrom howling just out of your perception, waiting for you to open your brain so that it can rush in. Who fucked the world up, and how? Is there a way back? A way forward? If anybody’s going to ever find out, it’s you and your characters.
That’s why.

THE APOCALYPSE
Somebody’s sure to ask.

The apocalypse happened about 50 years ago. The oldest people still around have childhood memories of it. Nobody knows what really happened or why, though. Maybe nobody ever knew.

“Hey MC (that’s me), it says here ‘the world’s psychic maelstrom’—what’s that?”

It’s everywhere, just outside your perception, and if you open your brain up to it you can learn things from it. It learns things from you, too. If you know how,you can reach out into it to make things happen. It caused the apocalypse, or else the apocalypse caused it, nobody knows.

TO THE PLAYERS
Your job is to play your characters as though they were real people, in whatever circumstances they find themselves—cool, competent, dangerous people, larger than life, but real. My job as MC is to treat your characters as though they were real people too, and to act as though Apocalypse World were real.

COLLABORATIVE FICTION
We build the world together. And I ask you what things are true about the world while we play to determine different parts of it.

NO BOOK!
Best part, there’s no book to buy or rules to know. Simply pick a playbook from any of the options in the attached files, NO DUPLICATES ALLOWED, and fill it out. It’s all self-included.

FYI: Teh Frixz Teh Frixz

Attachments

• Basic Playbooks.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • Extended Playbooks.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Oh my goodness. My Old Friend™ Grey. The incredibly talented and creative Grey.

It’s really good to see you, sir. And I’m so glad you’ll play. Welcome!

I am oddly enough quite healthy and doing well. Weird thing was I went and got a full checkup before all this and I’m apparently very healthy. So the pains I feel daily are just me being a wimp.

Just to get a head start, I call

THE CHILD THING
I would expect no less.

I'll leave this open another day, but if we don't have any other interest, are you guys okay playing just the two of you? I think it could be fun, but I want to make sure you're okay with it.

cc: Grey Grey

If you guys can think of anyone who would be interested, let me know. I'd love to teach more people to play this game.

Hey there, would you be open to accepting new players by chance? I've only recently heard about Apocalypse World, but it sounds really interesting and I'd be keen to dive into this.

If that's not what you're looking for though, no worries- let me know when you get the chance, thanks!

Hell yeah I'm in. I've never played the original variant of this ruleset before... I'm personally interested in Driver or Savvyhead.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to decide on the character lol
Awesome. Happy to have you!

Hey there, would you be open to accepting new players by chance? I've only recently heard about Apocalypse World, but it sounds really interesting and I'd be keen to dive into this.

If that's not what you're looking for though, no worries- let me know when you get the chance, thanks!
No I’d love to teach new players the game. Welcome aboard!

Hell yeah I'm in. I've never played the original variant of this ruleset before... I'm personally interested in Driver or Savvyhead.
Woo! Fantastic. I’m happy to introduce you to it. The original is the best one.

After going and reading through for what all characters are being used and discovering that Hocus is open. I will be using them lol

The beginning of your check alone makes me think this is worth it, I haven't read the check just tha5 you mentioned hot characters (aren't they all?)
And that them interacting is what makes them hot.

Please alert me if space is open if not I understand cause you seem to have everything all together, if I scroll up and read the rest of the check and hate it I'll be real confused and never post here again but apart from that im in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back