• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ✧˖*°࿐ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴏᴄᴄᴀ ᴀʟ ʟᴜᴘᴏ! -- full

Steve Jobs

Died of ligma

scroll

Pretty Melody

BUTCH WALKER

I

PRIMA

Overview

genre

drama, college

time period

April 2023

roles open

6/9

Credit: Beauty and the Beast by Thomas Blackshear

Welcome to ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴏᴄᴄᴀ ᴀʟ ʟᴜᴘᴏ!, a casual roleplay following nine college students connected through drama, friendship, and the pursuit of art. While this roleplay has many slice of life elements, the overarching plot will be divided into three arcs covering Easter holiday, the second semester of the year, and potentially graduation.

This is a remake of a previous roleplay called Cupid's Atelier! We currently have six open slots but I may add one more if there is enough interest.

II

PALCO(SCENICO)

Setting

City

Rome

Country

Italy

Credit: Archiginnasio of Bologna by RossHelen Editorial

The Sanzio da Urbino Institute of Art (SUIA) is an elite, multidisciplinary art school located in the heart of Rome. You may have your RISD, your Julliards, and your RCA, but nothing compares to the luxury and educationt of SUIA. With an admission rate of 1%, the only way to be accepted is with money or skill. The university offers a variety of departments including fashion, art, music, theater, filmmaking, and more!

III

REGIA

Rules

Credit: In Study (Waiting), 1867. Telemaco Signorini

1. Please follow all RPN guidelines/rules. Fade to black for erotic content, gore and treat sensitive topics with respect (this includes putting trigger warnings).

2. Be an adult both figuratively and literally. If you have an issue with another player take it to PMs. While I can be a mediator within the context of the roleplay I expect everyone to resolve their disagreements maturely.

3. Players must post at least once every fortnight, though once per week is preferred.

4. If you cannot post for any reason (including leaving the RP) please communicate that with everyone be it through discord or OOC thread. If you do not feel comfortable letting the group know you may PM me privately. If I do not hear a response from you within two weeks then I will reopen the role.

5. BBC code is not required for anything. If you choose to use one however, please include a mobile friendly option (such as plain text under a spoiler).

6. I value quality over quantity, but expect at least two paragraphs per post.

7. Don’t leave people behind or hog the spotlight! If you and another player wish to have an extended interaction, take it to another medium and condense it into a single post before posting in the thread.

8. This is an inclusive roleplay. OOC bigotry of any kind will not be tolerated.

9. This roleplay will be using drawn faceclaims. If you cannot provide one, then a written description is fine. If using an image, it is mandatory to include image credits (i.e. name of source character, artist/source). For personal reasons I would rather you not use AI art, but will not reject you for doing so.

10. This roleplay is NOT first come, first serve. Applications must be posted in the CS thread or PMed to me. You may apply for multiple roles but I will only accept one per player. I will be reviewing applicants 23:59 PST on April 16. If you need more time contact me before the deadline and I will provide one 48 hr extension. If there are any issues on my or the applicants' end I will adjust the deadline accordingly. If the overall deadline is extended, players who have finished their character sheets can go back and edit them until the new due date. With all of that said, expect to make revisions! This isn't an indictment of you or your writing, but a way to ensure that your character meshes with the roleplay.

11. Despite the monikers, none of the roles are gender locked. I don’t care about gender ratio.

12. PM or tag me with any questions you have and I’ll do my best to answer them in a timely manner!

INNAMORATI

"The perfect mix of James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. Simple in their premise, yet artful in execution.” / They're the mid-year transfer struggling to find their niche. At first, (PIERROT) is their only friend but after a few weeks are approached by (IL DOTTORE) for inspiration, but it doesn't stop the rumor mill from churning.

IL DOTTORE

“Is it so wrong that I see what God sees? Beauty in all manner of imperfection.“ / They're the embodiment of SUIA's teachings, popular among students and professors alike. Though some find him pretentious, none can deny his charisma or wit. With only one year left at the academy, they want to cement their legacy. For three years, (IL DOTTORE) and (LA SIGNORA) have been best friends and the "dream team," but the two recently fell into a slump. They hope to rekindle their inspiration through (INNAMORATI) and best their rival, (ARLECCHINO).

LA SIGNORA

“It's not imperfection, it's opportunity!“ / They're the unkempt beauty, the manic pixie, and the unfettered soul all in one. But make no mistake: behind the whimsy is a heart burning with ambition. They would be a fool not to recognize how (IL DOTTORE) looks at (INNAMORATI). (LA SIGNORA) wants to leave (IL DOTTORE)'s shadow, even if it means finding a new partner.

ARLECCHINO

“Do you crave companionship or entertainment?” / You never know what they're going to do next. They say they don’t care about school yet they find themself embroiled in a rivalry with (IL DOTTORE). To (IL DOTTORE)'s dismay, (ARLECCHINO) is revered almost as much as themself, albeit for different reasons. Though they have their own circle of friends, (ARLECCHINO) are still resentful that (COLUMBINA) chose (PIERROT) during the fallout.

PIERROT

“I may be lonely, but this was a loneliness I chose.” / They used to be close friends with (ARLECCHINO) and (COLUMBINA) until the three had a falling out. (PIERROT) ended up taking the blame and shortly after became an outcast. Although they still talk to (COLUMBINA), they prefer the company of (SCARAMOUCHE) due to their shared social status. Similarly, (INNAMORATI)'s lack of context allowed him to strike up a friendship.

COLUMBINA

Taken by Kotoko
“Acquaintances, friends, at the end of the day you have to find peace being alone.” / They were once the "golden trio" with (ARLECCHINO) and (PIERROT). After conflict arose between the two over (COLUMBINA) (details up to discretion) and the group fractured. They ended up choosing (PIERROT) out of guilt. Due to their distaste for (SCARAMOUCHE)'s attitude, they've begun to hang around (IL DOTTORE) and (LA SIGNORA) more.

SCARAMOUCHE

"You can either get in or get out of the way." / They're always in the wrong place at the wrong time. According to (SANDRONE) , they're the nexus of many scandals. Much to (COLUMBINA) ’s dismay, they've bonded with (PIERROT) over being outcasts. They pretend to be unaware of (COLUMBINA)’s feelings toward them.

SANDRONE

Taken by Foxy Grandpa
“All the world is a stage and we're getting played.“ / A voice for the people, or do he says. They act distant and "above it all," but is as much of a gossip hound as anyone else. They hang out with (ARLECCHINO) and (PULCINELLA) , preferring to keep their circle small while watching people (IL DOTTORE) and (SCARAMOUCHE) dance.

PULCINELLA

"Cliques are for suckers." / They're mercurial and off kilter, going where their heart takes them, regardless of social politics. Their devotion to their craft led them to (SANDRONE) and (ARLECCHINO), but is also frequently seen with (SCARAMOUCHE) or (LA SIGNORA).

IMAGE CREDITS

Slide 1: Picture Gallery with Views of Modern Rome by Giovanni Paolo Panini
Slide 2: Noel Coward Theatre by Francis Hamel

♡design by terrorkitty, coded by uxie♡

Overview
genre: drama, college
time period: April 2023
Roles open: 6/9

Welcome to ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴏᴄᴄᴀ ᴀʟ ʟᴜᴘᴏ!, a casual roleplay following nine college students connected through drama, friendship, and the pursuit of art. While this roleplay has many slice of life elements, the overarching plot will be divided into three arcs covering Easter holiday, the second semester of the year, and potentially graduation.

This is a remake of a previous roleplay called Cupid's Atelier that I will be Co-GMing with Kovacs! We currently have six open slots but I may add one more if there is enough interest.

Setting
The Sanzio da Urbino Institute of Art (SUIA) is an elite, multidisciplinary art school located in the heart of Rome. You may have your RISD, your Julliards, and your RCA, but nothing compares to the luxury and educationt of SUIA. With an admission rate of 1%, the only way to be accepted is with money or skill. The university offers a variety of departments including fashion, art, music, theater, filmmaking, and more!

Rules
1. Please follow all RPN guidelines/rules. Fade to black for erotic content, gore and treat sensitive topics with respect (this includes putting trigger warnings).

2. Be an adult both figuratively and literally. If you have an issue with another player take it to PMs. While I can be a mediator within the context of the roleplay I expect everyone to resolve their disagreements maturely.

3. Players must post at least once every fortnight, though once per week is preferred.

4. If you cannot post for any reason (including leaving the RP) please communicate that with everyone be it through discord or OOC thread. If you do not feel comfortable letting the group know you may PM me privately. If I do not hear a response from you within two weeks then I will reopen the role.

5. BBC code is not required for anything. If you choose to use one however, please include a mobile friendly option (such as plain text under a spoiler).

6. I value quality over quantity, but expect at least two paragraphs per post.

7. Don’t leave people behind or hog the spotlight! If you and another player wish to have an extended interaction, take it to another medium and condense it into a single post before posting in the thread.

8. This is an inclusive roleplay. OOC bigotry of any kind will not be tolerated.

9. This roleplay will be using drawn faceclaims. If you cannot provide one, then a written description is fine. If using an image, it is mandatory to include image credits (i.e. name of source character, artist/source). For personal reasons I would rather you not use AI art, but will not reject you for doing so.

10. This roleplay is NOT first come, first serve. Applications must be posted in the CS thread or PMed to me. You may apply for multiple roles but I will only accept one per player. I will be reviewing applicants 23:59 PST on April 16. If you need more time contact me before the deadline and I will provide one 48 hr extension. If there are any issues on my or the applicants' end I will adjust the deadline accordingly. If the overall deadline is extended, players who have finished their character sheets can go back and edit them until the new due date. With all of that said, expect to make revisions! This isn't an indictment of you or your writing, but a way to ensure that your character meshes with the roleplay.

11. Despite the monikers, none of the roles are gender locked. I don’t care about gender ratio.

12. PM or tag me with any questions you have and I’ll do my best to answer them in a timely manner!

Roles
Inammorati: "The perfect mix of James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. Simple in their premise, yet artful in execution.” / They're the mid-year transfer struggling to find their niche. At first, (PIERROT) is their only friend but after a few weeks are approached by (IL DOTTORE) for inspiration, but it doesn't stop the rumor mill from churning.

Il Dottore: “Is it so wrong that I see what God sees? Beauty in all manner of imperfection.“ / They're the embodiment of SUIA's teachings, popular among students and professors alike. Though some find him pretentious, none can deny his charisma or wit. With only one year left at the academy, they want to cement their legacy. For three years, (IL DOTTORE) and (LA SIGNORA) have been best friends and the "dream team," but the two recently fell into a slump. They hope to rekindle their inspiration through (INNAMORATI) and best their rival, (ARLECCHINO).

La Signora: ]“It's not imperfection, it's opportunity!“ / They're the unkempt beauty, the manic pixie, and the unfettered soul all in one. But make no mistake: behind the whimsy is a heart burning with ambition. They would be a fool not to recognize how (IL DOTTORE) looks at (INNAMORATI). (LA SIGNORA) wants to leave (IL DOTTORE)'s shadow, even if it means finding a new partner.

Arlecchino: “Do you crave companionship or entertainment?” / You never know what they're going to do next. They say they don’t care about school yet they find themself embroiled in a rivalry with (IL DOTTORE). To (IL DOTTORE)'s dismay, (ARLECCHINO) is revered almost as much as themself, albeit for different reasons. Though they have their own circle of friends, (ARLECCHINO) are still resentful that (COLUMBINA) chose (PIERROT) during the fallout.

Pierrot: “I may be lonely, but this was a loneliness I chose.” / They used to be close friends with (ARLECCHINO) and (COLUMBINA) until the three had a falling out. (PIERROT) ended up taking the blame and shortly after became an outcast. Although they still talk to (COLUMBINA), they prefer the company of (SCARAMOUCHE) due to their shared social status. Similarly, (INNAMORATI)'s lack of context allowed him to strike up a friendship.

Columbina: Taken by Kotoko
“Acquaintances, friends, at the end of the day you have to find peace being alone.” / They were once the "golden trio" with (ARLECCHINO) and (PIERROT). After conflict arose between the two over (COLUMBINA) ( details up to discretion) and the group fractured. They ended up choosing (PIERROT) out of guilt. Due to their distaste for (SCARAMOUCHE)'s attitude, they've begun to hang around (IL DOTTORE) and (LA SIGNORA) more.

Scaramouche: "You can either get in or get out of the way." / They're always in the wrong place at the wrong time. According to (SANDRONE), they're the nexus of many scandals. Much to (COLUMBINA)’s dismay, they've bonded with (PIERROT) over being outcasts. They pretend to be unaware of (COLUMBINA)’s feelings toward them.

Sandrone: Taken by Foxy Grandpa“All the world is a stage and we're getting played.“ / A voice for the people, or do he says. They act distant and "above it all," but is as much of a gossip hound as anyone else. They hang out with (ARLECCHINO) and (PULCINELLA), preferring to keep their circle small while watching people (IL DOTTORE) and (SCARAMOUCHE) dance.

Pulcinella:"Cliques are for suckers." / They're mercurial and off kilter, going where their heart takes them, regardless of social politics. Their devotion to their craft led them to (SANDRONE) and (ARLECCHINO), but is also frequently seen with (SCARAMOUCHE) or (LA SIGNORA).

Last edited:
Happy Parks And Rec GIF

IT'S HERE I'M HERE LET'S GOOO!​

a casual, character-driven story full of dramatic weirdos? baby sign me up B) if you want to, of course

Ty ty for all the interest! Y'all are making me blush! If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or tag me here!

The role of Il Dottore has been updated to better reflect the character pitch given to me. As we still have quite a few weeks left until the deadline, I recommend that anyone who has submitted or is considering submitting their character read the edited role and adjust their application accordingly.

Awesome! I'll be judging on the 17th, but I can take a glance over and let you know if there are any world-breaking elements.

Giving this a courtesy bump! We still have FIFTEEN days before applications are due and have six open slots :)

Okay so definitely only got around to doing one but hopefully she sparks some interest!

Thank you to everyone who has expressed interest & submitted so far! We still have plenty of roles open and ELEVEN days to apply :)

Giving this a bump because we have one more day! If you need an extension please let me know before APRIL 16 @ 17:00 PST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back