• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (OPEN AND ACCEPTING)Little Big Cup Cafe

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Codebreaker

Do the monster mash...

city_winter_europe_street_snow_shopping_59090_1920x1080.jpg
Come In, We're OpenHours of Operation:
0800-2100 M-F
1000-1800 Saturday & Sunday

Hi. My name is Mannon. I've been running "Little Big Cup Cafe" for the past three years. We've had some ups and downs, but I've been able to make her sail straight. It only took a few loans. But that doesn't matter. I'm now proud to say that I am able to take on a few more employees and even expand the kitchen. I've been talking with an agent and got the okay to buy the space next to the store, so some renovation will be going on before the snow starts. So our regulars will see some differences in the store. Of course, we love new people who will eventually become regulars!

If you would like to inquire about being an employee, please post some information that you want me to know about you, as well as a talent you have in either serving or making coffee and pastries. Also, come up with a drink with a cool name so I can see how creative you are! I'm looking for three hard-working and creative people who love to interact with people and work in a chill environment.
If you're a regular, show us some love and drop a like and don't forget to share so you can get another perk for your "Cup Card," if you are a cardholder!
If you're new around here, why don't you click that subscribe button so you can become a regular?

Now, I bet you're wondering, What is a "Cup Card?"
The Cup Cards are for individuals who purchase regularly at the Cafe. There are two different types of cardholders. The Big Cup Cardholders are for people who frequent at the cafe basically every day. We see them so much that we're on a first name basis with them! They qualify to go to events for free such as "Storytime" and "Drunk Artist Night." These card members also get free coffee once a week as thanks for their loyalty! The Little Cup Cardholders are for members who don't frequent at the establishment every day. They might come in once or twice a week, and they get coffee once a month. They qualify for a free pastry once a month and a discounted price on entry for events that the cafe throws.
Inquire at the register or online to become a cardholder!

33e6acbfdecc4d98adbbf2186d432151.jpg
Employees:Uniforms: The uniforms are consisted of:
-A shirt that reflects the theme of the month (will be provided to you)
-Black jeans or skirt (to your preference; provided by you)
-Dark shoes that have grip. Slippery shoes will not be accepted.
Pay: $7.50/hr + Tips

Events:You can purchase tickets for events a week prior to the event or purchase at the door! The employees are able to sell tickets at any time! 15% of Proceeds are donated to charity!
Humpday Storytelling-Relax and unwind as select storytellers set up their tents and tell stories. Roam around and drop an ear to hear stories. Fingerfood is provided and some drink. No alcoholic beverages are being served.
$20 Fee
$15 Little Cup Cardholders Fee
Free for Big Cup Cardholders!
Drunk Artist Night-Wine and art supplies are provided! Get some frustrations out on the canvas and drink some wine alongside friends! Just bring yourself and a way home! We also have a carpool for those who have problems with transportation. Done on the first Saturday of every month.
$20 Fee
Comedy Night-Come share some funny stories and some laughs! Guest comedians start the show, but you finish it! Food and drink are provided. No alcoholic drinks are being served.
$20 Fee
Karaoke Night-You can dance and you can jive while you have the time of your life! Come out and do some karaoke with fellow friends! Small snacks and drink will be provided as well as transportation.
$20 Fee
Secret Event-Known only to the employees, these events are a surprise for the people coming to them! You never know what may be behind those doors! Done on the last Saturday of every month. They do sometimes line up with the theme, so that's your clue!
$20 Fee

The Menu
Little Big Cup Menuuu.png

Mannon-Monday Morning 0745Mannon looked down at her phone as she rushed out of her car. Fifteen minutes until opening time. She wasn't sure when her employees would arrive and she didn't want to make a bad first impression. She pulled her keys from her pocket and unlocked the front door. She ran in, but not before switching the sign from "Closed" to "Open." She ran to the registers and started turning them on. The system was ancient and needed a few minutes to warm up. She did the same with the cappuccino machines and the coffeemakers. She ran to the kitchen and started turning on the oven. She needed a pastry chef as soon as possible but needed to work on seeing what pastries the customers liked. She put the basket she was holding on the prep tables and opened it, starting to take out some of the samples of things she had prepared the night before. She only got a few hours of sleep. She should probably make a coffee.

Last edited:
Around that time, Silvana was walking down the street to her new job at "Little Big Cup Cafe". Not long ago, Silvana heard that her cousin Mannon was hiring people for her little coffee shop. Though Silvana is usually busy with streaming, she still applied to her cousins cafe because she assumed it would be pretty fun and interesting trying something new. Silvana finally reached the cafe and found the sign flipped to "open". Upon entering the shop, Silvana saw her cousin running around the cafe.

"She hasn't really changed a bit," Silvana thought to herself.

Silvana suddenly had the idea of sneaking up on her distracted cousin and tease her. Silvana sneakily walked up to her cousin before covering her cousins eyes with her soft, delicate hands.

Silvana whispered very delicately into her cousins ears, "Good morning dar-ling."

Mannon-Monday Morning 0750Mannon jumped from where she was standing, almost dropping a croissant. She heard a familiar voice, one that seemed like her cousin, SIlvana. "Silv...is that you?"
She remembered vaguely her cousin applying for a job a few weeks ago when the application went out. Mannon approved it because she knew her cousin was good at her job, but wasn't sure if her cousin had accepted the job offer. She was so busy with her cosplay and gaming. But was this even her cousin or was this an imposter trying to kill her before she could put up her Christmas tree?

Interacting with: Cristinia Cristinia

Silvana-Monday-Morning-7:50

Silvana gasps aloud, "You can't even recognize the voice of your favorite cousin?! I'm so hurt dar-ling! I thought we had something." Silvana drops her hand from Mannon eyes and dramatically collapses on a nearby table, somehow doesn't spill or break anything in the process. Silvana lays the backside of one of her hands on her head and says dramatically, "What a cruel world I live in! To believe I thought we had something Mannon! My heart is now shattered into a million pieces! The truth is so painful that I don't think I can live another day now!" Silvana dramatically pretends to die of sorrow.

Interaction: Codebreaker Codebreaker

Mannon-Monday Morning 0750Mannon rolls her eyes and sets down the croissant on the prep table. Her cousin was always one for dramatics.
"Get off the preparation table unless you're going to clean it," she said and took out another pastry, "In the meantime, have a croissant."

Silvana-Monday-Morning-7:51

Silvana laughs softly as she gets up from the table. "Love you too Mannon," Silvana said. She always enjoyed teasing her cousin even though Marron didn't seem to like her teasing. Silvana walked over to Mannon and picked up one of her croissants. Silvana never knew that her cousin was a baker. "Then again, maybe she is starting to get into baking," Silvana thought as she took a bite of the croissant. "Hmmmmm....It tastes like an average croissant in my opinion," Silvana said as she took another bite of the croissant.

Mannon-Monday Morning 0751"So, worthy of making the pastry menu?" she hoped that her cousin would approve. Mannon had been hoping that it was good enough to sell.

"Maybe for now. Though later we will need to hire a professional baker," Silvana said before she finished up her croissant. Silvana pulled a germ-x bottle from her trusty backpack that she wore wherever she traveled. After washing her hands Silvana asked, "Do you need me to do anything?"

Interactions: Codebreaker Codebreaker

Mannon-Monday Morning 0750"If I can afford it," she said and opened her backpack of her own, "I need you to put on one of these Halloween shirts. What size are you?"
She started pulling out a few shirts she had designed for the staff. Some were famous lines from horror movies and others were Halloween puns that ought to make th ecustomers laugh, "I have a shirt that says 'Burn calories not witches."

Silvana-Monday-Morning-7:54

"Hmmmm...Are you sure you don't have a better shirt?", Silvana asked before looking around at the other shirts. Silvana found a shirt with the words 'what do Ghost serve for dessert? I Scream' and she softly laughed at the pun. "Oh I like this shirt. Were you trying to hide this from me so that you could wear it?", Silvana teasingly smiled at Mannon before putting the shirt on. She then pulled out her phone from her pocket in order to see how the shirt looked on her and was satisfied with how it looked really nice on her. "So what are you going to wear Mannon?", Silvana asked as she puts up her phone.

Mannon-Monday Morning 0750"Oh, I wasn't sure if it was a pun people would like," she said and grabbed a shirt from her favorite halloween movie, The Corpsebride. It was the line "Now, why go up there when people are dying to get down here?" with a skeleton hand holding a human hand underneath it, "This is what I'm wearing. Designed it myself!"
She put it on and faced her cousin, "What do you think?"

Hanah walked at street hungry and despaired as month was coming to end and she didn't had enough money to pay rent. As she walked, she noticed that cafe shop next to her was open. She hesitanted first, but as winter was coming and she weared just some old (from her yearly teenage) clothes, that didn't cover much, she walked in and tripped at threshold.​

"You look really cute in it!" Silvana smiled teasingly at her cousin. "I never knew I would see my favorite halloween candy come in life size. Your the only treat I want in my sack this Halloween."

Mannon-Monday Morning 0750Mannon shrugged then paused when she heard a loud noise, "Hold on. Could you do me a favor and start heating up the oven please?"
She ran out of the kitchen and to the lobby, where she saw a girl who should have been in school on the floor.
"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" she asked as she rushed over to help her stand up.

Interacting with: Cristinia Cristinia Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Hanah looked up from floor to woman who helped her up and lowered her eyes right away. "I am sorry. I... Iwaslookingforworkpleasedon'tthrowmebackout." Hanah said quietly, looking at floor.​

Mannon-Monday Morning 0750Mannon helped the girl stand up and picked up a chair that was turned over on the table, "Here, sit down."
Interacting with: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Hanah Solo
Codebreaker Codebreaker

Hanah walked to chair and sat on it. As she was sitting her stomach grown and her face turned red from shame. It had been couple days now from her last meal as she had tried to save money. Couple tears formed at her eyes.​

Mannon-Monday Morning 0750Mannon heard the girl's stomach growl.
"Let me get you a croissant. I need to see if the customers would buy them," she said, "That okay?"

Interacting w/: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

that's it for me tonight, nice job so far!

Hanah Solo
Codebreaker Codebreaker
(okay good night)

Hanah nodded quickly, continuing looking down, fearing that if she would look to woman's eyes, she would slap her like her adoptive mother and classmates had done.​

Daniel Wilkins looked at his watch, and realized it was a bit too early to enter the shop, technically. But he didn’t know where else to go, and he didn’t want to wait outside either, nor did he care if he had to wait a few minutes. He just wanted the decent coffee like any other morning. He did have a book with him, in any case. After opening the door, Daniel took just a few steps before stopping and seeing Mannon helping a girl.

“Mannon,” Wilkins nodded to the familiar face, well what’s this? Is everything alright? Here, she might need my coat.”

M I N K Y O
tumblr_pfs95sPcEA1xq963uo1_400.gif

Interacting with: no one ♥ | mood: sleepy ♥ |
The short male had woken up earlier than expected and decided to take the opportunity to find places to go in town. It was only his second day in the new environment, so he was curious what the town had to offer him.
He walked around for a fairly long time before stumbling upon a cafe. "Hm? A cafe..?" He mumbles. He glanced through the window and saw that a few people were inside. Feeling a bit nervous, he backs up a bit before quietly walking in and looking around.
code by pasta

After heating the oven, Silvana found a woman in tattered clothing who was talking to Mannon before a gentleman entered. After the gentleman entered the shop, another person entered right after him. Silvana quickly walked over to the new person as she assumed her cousin would be taking care of the other 2 people. "How can I help you today darling?", asked Silvana with a sweet smile on her face.

Interaction: peachyymi peachyymi

M I N K Y O
tumblr_pfs95sPcEA1xq963uo1_400.gif

Interaction: Cristinia Cristinia ♥ | mood: sleepy ♥
Not expecting for someone to come over and talk to him so soon, he looked up at the woman in front of him and blushed lightly out of nervousness. "A-ah.. Uh.. Hello..." He uttered shyly. He glanced around a bit before looking up at her again. "Um.. I'm not sure. I've never been here before.." He stated as he rubbed his arm gently.
code by pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back