News Oops...I seem to have spilled my dice all over the table. Silly me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

This update is for those of you like me who love dice and dice roleplays. In the roleplay sections you'll now find a "Roll Dice" button. Upon clicking it you will be presented with many different options:

firefox_2017-06-28_06-28-05.png

The system handles rules for the type of game you select. So for example in nWoD (Now Chronicles of Darkness I guess, I'll update the name later) if you select the minimum, it will handle successes. Games that also have exploding rules are automatically handled.

So in the below screenshot I rolled 20 dice for nWoD with a minimum of 8 and since I got a 10, it exploded into an extra die automatically for a total of 21 dice instead.

firefox_2017-06-28_06-32-51.png

So tell your friends, we have dice that are back and better then ever!

Leave your question/feedback/concerns below!

Notes:

• This feature is not yet compatible with the mobile app on the site. (Works fine on mobile browser of your choice)
  • In the process of creating many more rulesets for the dice for games like Exalted, newer and older versions of DnD and many more games.
  • You can insert a comment for what your roll is since you can't organize them them in the post later.
  • Due to the nature of how the system is currently, only staff can delete rolls from a post. Please report the post/contact staff if you need any assistance removing a roll. (You'll need your Roleplay Creator's signoff to prevent cheating!)
  • This feature is currently only active in the roleplay parts of the site and the private workshop.
  • Old Hosted Projects can not currently use this feature. We are almost done cleaning this up and once projects get transferred over, existing and new projects (once applications are open again) can have dice enabled for their HP.

Last edited:
1st

*woof*

Technically I'm first :D!

8lCzOt8.gif

Will it be possible to have custom dice rolls? As in, with a set minimum and/or maximum number that then generates one result at random?

I was thinking about asking when dice was coming back the last 3 days, and here it is! When did you implement mind-reading? I'm SUPER impressed

I was thinking about asking when dice was coming back the last 3 days, and here it is! When did you implement mind-reading? I'm SUPER impressed

You signed away your life force and the privacy of your mind when you signed up onto the site.

Will it be possible to have custom dice rolls? As in, with a set minimum and/or maximum number that then generates one result at random?

Does the "Only Dice" option which is the first selection work :D!?

You signed away your life force and the privacy of your mind when you signed up onto the site.

I'd have better luck telling you if I knew where EXACTLY to look for the new dice

Oh it didn't show you were quoting someone else. My bad, sorry!

I did wonder when I saw a roll dice button xD Thought I was going mad. Though now its there, I'm burdened with the temptation to push the button I don't actually need for my RPs.... Oh button, you sweet temptress...

I did wonder when I saw a roll dice button xD Thought I was going mad. Though now its there, I'm burdened with the temptation to push the button I don't actually need for my RPs.... Oh button, you sweet temptress...

Dice....BBCodes....tools...

Eventually Lyro Lyro or I will complete a bot that can create roleplays and reply to it self, then we won't need members any more.

It does account for all normal dice, but say I wanted to generate a roll between like 1 and 37. I don´t think such a dice exists. The system is great as it is, don´t take me wrong, but having this impossible to fool number generator around could make for some really interesting systematic dynamics, but I don´t think it is possible witht the currently availble options for dice.

It does account for all normal dice, but say I wanted to generate a roll between like 1 and 37. I don´t think such a dice exists. The system is great as it is, don´t take me wrong, but having this impossible to fool number generator around could make for some really interesting systematic dynamics, but I don´t think it is possible witht the currently availble options for dice.

I'll see what can be done in the foreseeable future. :)

Idea Idea You are probably already aware of this site, but you can make a die of any minimum and maximum on random.org, until that system is implemented here.

Thank you for this, TDW! I can now have my players in my Robotech game roll for themselves instead of having to do so for them.

This is all fine and dandy for Dice-based RPs, but is there anyway to delete the dice rolling system from RPs that we own? I don't want the members in my RP utilising the dice-based system as it completely negates creativity.

I don't want to sound picky, but in the old Hosted Projects board, I'm not seeing a dice option. Is the roller only in effect for the newer games?

I don't want to sound picky, but in the old Hosted Projects board, I'm not seeing a dice option. Is the roller only in effect for the newer games?
It's not available in the Old Hosted Projects section right now. A shame, really, since I'd love to do a side-campaign in Aegis with dice.

This is all fine and dandy for Dice-based RPs, but is there anyway to delete the dice rolling system from RPs that we own? I don't want the members in my RP utilising the dice-based system as it completely negates creativity.
You can always make a rule against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread