OOC

under no circumstances should you point out the fact that i havent replied on my profile

it makes me 200% less prone to ever responding

to think i was planning on posting today

In my information tab, ive stated "if you point out that i havent posted/made a character on my profile, i will quit the roleplay in question"

And, on a status update of mine, i saw this nice little notification saying i hadnt posted (which i promptly deleted, so looking for it is a moot point)

If i had been pm'd, i would have been like 'oh yeah ill post later'

My profile, which can be viewed by everyone, is the last place i want to see somebody saying i havent replued to something

I havent left yet because im waiting for a response from the person who replied to the status update

If i like the response, then ill probably stay. Im pretty easily satisfied. 

I'm confused, who put a message on your profile?

And why is that a problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused, who put a message on your profile?

And why is that a problem?

If the person who did doesnt want to speak to me, i wont say their name. 

Posting something on my profile is literally humiliating. Its announcing a blunder i made to everyone who looks at my profile. Considering i frequently post status updates, i get a fair amount of views. Theres a much more private option, called 'private messaging', which will keep anyone else from seeing it. 

If the person who did doesnt want to speak to me, i wont say their name. 

Posting something on my profile is literally humiliating. Its announcing a blunder i made to everyone who looks at my profile. Considering i frequently post status updates, i get a fair amount of views. Theres a much more private option, called 'private messaging', which will keep anyone else from seeing it. 

Lol, not like I know much about anything, but I'm fairly certain no one's going to freak out if they find out youve been slow on a post.  Honestly, quiting an active roleplay is probably a bigger red flag, though im sure no one checks much for that, either.  But you do you, I suppose.  I guess I cant exactly speak for the site.

Lol, not like I know much about anything, but I'm fairly certain no one's going to freak out if they find out youve been slow on a post.  Honestly, quiting an active roleplay is probably a bigger red flag, though im sure no one checks much for that, either.  But you do you, I suppose.  I guess I cant exactly speak for the site.

Since when is "i dont want to be in this roleplay anymore" a red flag? If they ditch without a word, thats a red flag. If they leave, then its not. 

The knowledge that i was merely busy and was struggling to respond to things is easily achieved through a pm; im a college student, and, frequently, my homework fries my brain past the point of being able to write a post. If im on, im generally in the forum games, trying to relax. Struggling to post two to four paragraphs after doing stats homework is not my definition of "fun".

Im hardly posting in any roleplays right now- i might have typed up two responses this week, and i had to quit one roleplay because it was moving too quickly for me to be able to keep up. 

Quitting an active roleplay shows that you either lost interest or couldnt keep up. Now, neither of those were the case with this one, and i was going to post. I hadnt just disappeared without a word, despite what things looked like. Knowledge which would have been easily gained through a pm that said something like 'hey lettuce you need to post'

In addition, posts take forever to type, because i strictly use mobile. Thats another delay i have.

Now, as ive said, posting on my profile is humiliating. My stance on that has not changed. I dont like it when somebody announces to the world that i made a mistake. I wouldnt do it to someone else, because its polite to talk about something like that away from other people. Maybe im not posting because something happened irl- maybe my cat died and im too emotionally comprimised to roleplay. Do you think i want to talk about my cats death where the world can see it? No. Do i want to talk about forgetting a roleplay where the world can see it? No. Do i want to talk about any reason im not posting on my profile? Maybe, but if i wanted to talk about it on my profile, i would post about it there myself. This isnt like posting a shitty pun on my profile. 

I especially dont want to have to justify not posting when my real life is stressing my to the point of being unable to think of anything on my very public profile. 

Since when is "i dont want to be in this roleplay anymore" a red flag? If they ditch without a word, thats a red flag. If they leave, then its not. 

The knowledge that i was merely busy and was struggling to respond to things is easily achieved through a pm; im a college student, and, frequently, my homework fries my brain past the point of being able to write a post. If im on, im generally in the forum games, trying to relax. Struggling to post two to four paragraphs after doing stats homework is not my definition of "fun".

Im hardly posting in any roleplays right now- i might have typed up two responses this week, and i had to quit one roleplay because it was moving too quickly for me to be able to keep up. 

Quitting an active roleplay shows that you either lost interest or couldnt keep up. Now, neither of those were the case with this one, and i was going to post. I hadnt just disappeared without a word, despite what things looked like. Knowledge which would have been easily gained through a pm that said something like 'hey lettuce you need to post'

In addition, posts take forever to type, because i strictly use mobile. Thats another delay i have.

Now, as ive said, posting on my profile is humiliating. My stance on that has not changed. I dont like it when somebody announces to the world that i made a mistake. I wouldnt do it to someone else, because its polite to talk about something like that away from other people. Maybe im not posting because something happened irl- maybe my cat died and im too emotionally comprimised to roleplay. Do you think i want to talk about my cats death where the world can see it? No. Do i want to talk about forgetting a roleplay where the world can see it? No. Do i want to talk about any reason im not posting on my profile? Maybe, but if i wanted to talk about it on my profile, i would post about it there myself. This isnt like posting a shitty pun on my profile. 

I especially dont want to have to justify not posting when my real life is stressing my to the point of being unable to think of anything on my very public profile. 

Whatever, man, as I said, you do you.  I was simply saying based on this conversation you seem to be the type to over-react a bit.

Im sorry @Lettuce I am unaware of what happened mostly, but just from this convo i get the gist of it. Part of me kind of agrees with Collin but i agree with you on the fact that the person should have pmed you. If it bothers you that much then okay but don't take it out on the rest of us. You could have let the group know that you were still going to post because even I was thinking you had just quit. I'm sorry that you felt humiliated by the post but quite honestly I don't think being slow on a post is degrading at all. However, you are free to hold your own opinion of such things. Work this out between you and the offending person but like I said please do not take it out on the rest of us who had no clue anyone had even posted on your profile. I'm  sorry your life is stressful but the least you could have done was post here saying you would be awhile to post. Bursting in here suddenly mad and upset as hell seemed uber random to the rest of us, no offense. I think I have said enough on the matter. 

@Lettuce how often does this happen to you? I mean, I've never we had a post on my profile and I don't post all the time.

How often do you disappear for several days at a time?

@Lettuce how often does this happen to you? I mean, I've never we had a post on my profile and I don't post all the time.

How often do you disappear for several days at a time?

If you go far enough back on my profile, youll find someone who literally posted "hey what about that rp" on my profile every day if i didnt respond at the exact time he wanted me to. 

Twice, otherwise. 

If you go far enough back on my profile, youll find someone who literally posted "hey what about that rp" on my profile every day if i didnt respond at the exact time he wanted me to. 

Twice, otherwise. 

I posted ONCE on your profile...

I WOULD say sowwy but if this is about being all pissed because I posted on your profile and made you look bad, then sorry to dissappoint, but I'm NOT going to post anything good on your profile. I am a very insensitive person when it comes to others. @Firebright feel free to kick me if that is what it takes for the RP to continue but I'm sorry I'm not going to do anything if this is about you crying at me for posting something un-good on your profile. You could've at least given a heads-up...

first somebody killing me for getting insulted by a fourth-wall breaking OC and now this... I must be great at causing rage-trains.

I WOULD say sowwy but if this is about being all pissed because I posted on your profile and made you look bad, then sorry to dissappoint, but I'm NOT going to post anything good on your profile. I am a very insensitive person when it comes to others. @Firebright feel free to kick me if that is what it takes for the RP to continue but I'm sorry I'm not going to do anything if this is about you crying at me for posting something un-good on your profile. You could've at least given a heads-up...

first somebody killing me for getting insulted by a fourth-wall breaking OC and now this... I must be great at causing rage-trains.

No way I'm kicking you @MrEvilMexican, you are one of the few people still wanting this to continue. Its her fault for not giving a heads up and then getting pissed off about nothing. Booting you would do nothing bro. 

No way in kicking you @MrEvilMexican, You are one of the few people still wanting this to continue. Its her fault for not giving a heads up and then getting pissed off about nothing. booting you would do nothing bro. 

... ill let you figure out your grammatical mistake...

maybe Lettuce will calm down and not boil inside out if you boot me.

...This is why every RP needs a 'one reply a day or get the hell out unless you can explain first' rule. eeeh. I think pissing people off is my speacialty.

maybe ill consider a career of a professinal piss-offer

I really want this to continue but it seems like drama killed it. I'm okay if people are off for long periods, i'm not okay with it if they don't flipping tell me. 

Tbh, @Lettuce if you are regularly absent for a full week of the start of the rp as a major character, you're going to get shame posts on your timeline.

It's bloody difficult to get one of these of the ground, even when people are putting in a good effort and what you did is irresponsible and I'm getting sick of seeing it kill RPs.

@Firebright sorry to add to the drama, but I don't think that killed it. Maybe prompt done people to post by tag before we give up.

If so it myself but its 11pm and I'm on my phone

Tbh, @Lettuce if you are regularly absent for a full week of the start of the rp as a major character, you're going to get shame posts on your timeline.

It's bloody difficult to get one of these of the ground, even when people are putting in a good effort and what you did is irresponsible and I'm getting sick of seeing it kill RPs.

@Firebright sorry to add to the drama, but I don't think that killed it. Maybe prompt done people to post by tag before we give up.

If so it myself but its 11pm and I'm on my phone

You are right, its probably not what killed it, I dont understand the rest of your comment to me XD. Sorry.

The "twice" was not a reference to how many times you posted. You posted once, another chick posted once because i had gone two days without making a character (and wouldnt have been the one taking the longest in that case, and i was sick)

Is "im not sorry" just the standard response in this case? Is "sorry, i wont do it again, really that fucking hard to type. That's all you would have needed to say for me to shrug the entire situation off. 

I hadn't even really noticed that this roleplay had taken off until two days prior to you posting. I wasnt able to post on those days, though- without looking at my profile, im assuming it was wednesday morning when you posted on my profile, going by when i commented on. I rarely post on the weekends, i cant remember what was going on monday, but tuesday was Valentines day. If i had a boyfriend or girlfriend, you could automatically just guess what i was doing, but i dont. No, instead i had three fucking tests, and had to look after my younger siblings after i got home because my moms were out. There was no way i could have posted, plain and simple. 

I do recall posting something along the lines of "i dont know what to post" when the first post went up, so i only knew that there had been a first post. I never got a response to that, to my knowledge, and i was in so many roleplays that this became buried by them quickly. Yeah, this one right here is on me, but do you know what would have snagged my attention and i would have been like "oh alright ill figure out a post when im out of class?"

A pm. 

Tagging me might have also worked, but, when i first wake up, i can have anywhere from 10 to 60 notifications, so thats highly unlikely to work unless you post at exactly 9:30 am est so that it appears when i check my phone. 

when I see things like this, i see humanity's future. There will be none, lol. Humanity is f*cked if all they argue about is this.

The "twice" was not a reference to how many times you posted. You posted once, another chick posted once because i had gone two days without making a character (and wouldnt have been the one taking the longest in that case, and i was sick)

Is "im not sorry" just the standard response in this case? Is "sorry, i wont do it again, really that fucking hard to type. That's all you would have needed to say for me to shrug the entire situation off. 

I hadn't even really noticed that this roleplay had taken off until two days prior to you posting. I wasnt able to post on those days, though- without looking at my profile, im assuming it was wednesday morning when you posted on my profile, going by when i commented on. I rarely post on the weekends, i cant remember what was going on monday, but tuesday was Valentines day. If i had a boyfriend or girlfriend, you could automatically just guess what i was doing, but i dont. No, instead i had three fucking tests, and had to look after my younger siblings after i got home because my moms were out. There was no way i could have posted, plain and simple. 

I do recall posting something along the lines of "i dont know what to post" when the first post went up, so i only knew that there had been a first post. I never got a response to that, to my knowledge, and i was in so many roleplays that this became buried by them quickly. Yeah, this one right here is on me, but do you know what would have snagged my attention and i would have been like "oh alright ill figure out a post when im out of class?"

A pm. 

Tagging me might have also worked, but, when i first wake up, i can have anywhere from 10 to 60 notifications, so thats highly unlikely to work unless you post at exactly 9:30 am est so that it appears when i check my phone. 

ok...

1- yes, 'I'm not sorry' is the standard response to this case. Grow up, you're 18 (if what you write on the internet isn't just lies) and complaining about a post on your profile...

2- I'm not sure about you, but maybe trying to tag some people with your post? Or post on their profiles? I'm pretty sure most don't have OCD and would've helped you.

3- Tests are a part of your life. Get used to it

4- I have no objections on a PM, but once again, you're the one complaining about a single post

5- We tagged you millions of times

6- I know life can be annoying. Geez, I think we all know. I have work to do too... Cthulhu ain't gonna worship himself.

it's actually hilarious how much we're bothering to put in just over a single profile post...

5- We tagged you millions of times

And i quote

Highly unlikely

If you had just been like "woah im sorry wont happen again" this WOULDNT be happening. 

3- Tests are a part of your life. Get used to it

Yes, they are part of college. Do you think my mind is just rearing to make a post after three of them? Would you feel like posting after, say, the ACT? No, probably not. I was testing from about noon to five, and studying beforehand, then actually had statistics homework afterward, which i was working on until literally eight at night. Taking away the stress from those tests and the fact that my brain was essentially fried, tell me, precisely when would i have had time to do that? Between working on homework and taking care of my siblings, i hardly had time to go take a piss. My average response takes at least thirty minutes to type up, due to the fact that i prefer doing two to four paragraphs. 

I still cant remember what happened monday, i think i was volunteering with a church. 

6- I know life can be annoying. Geez, I think we all know. I have work to do too... Cthulhu ain't gonna worship himself.

Yes, my life happens, you need to realize that life comes before a game. 

@Lettuce mate, don't put this on @MrEvilMexican

You gave no notice. You absolutely did not that say you don't know what to post after the rp began. You dropped the ball. 

And you're right, this conversation is unnecessary, but only because rather than fix your (and only your) mistake, you started a petty argument to insist that someone is more wrong than you

Users who are viewing this thread