OOC

Josephine is in the abandoned laboratory, anyone feel free to join.  You might want to read her religious beliefs & a bit of her history if you RP with her though, otherwise "The Him" will probably confuse you. 

@CabalAnomicPotato that seems like a luxurious amount of money to wipe a mantid colony. Considering your character succeeded, of course. I mean, reaching the queen, not to mention fighting it, are not exactly easy tasks or to put it more simply, your character wouldn´t have been able to do it the way you described it.

Of course, there is also the fact that you got several details wrong, like the fact that they don´t reside in caves normally, or the fact that they don´t nest... So I can only assume it´s a rpetty new colony, just birthing, which would make it possible for your character to have defeated it, but earning 35 gold coins in the process? Either the person was quite literally pooping gold or that makes no sense in continuity.

@CabalAnomicPotato that seems like a luxurious amount of money to wipe a mantid colony. Considering your character succeeded, of course. I mean, reaching the queen, not to mention fighting it, are not exactly easy tasks or to put it more simply, your character wouldn´t have been able to do it the way you described it.

Of course, there is also the fact that you got several details wrong, like the fact that they don´t reside in caves normally, or the fact that they don´t nest... So I can only assume it´s a rpetty new colony, just birthing, which would make it possible for your character to have defeated it, but earning 35 gold coins in the process? Either the person was quite literally pooping gold or that makes no sense in continuity.

You are right about the new colony, as I thought it would be a given (caves aren't even that big). As for the money, the currency hasn't been officially caculated (at least I haven't seen it), so iv made my own in head caculations as of how it works (so don't take offence of me not using your currency standards, it's just not something I'm willing to do it). Iv listed sneaking as one of my characters main skills, MAIN skills now, so I assure you he could have snuck past most of the guards, and as for my methods of fighting, being able to shoot fire of limitless degree, I had in mind that "giant bugs needed to be killed by giant fire", so I went off of that.

You are right about the new colony, as I thought it would be a given (caves aren't even that big). As for the money, the currency hasn't been officially caculated (at least I haven't seen it), so iv made my own in head caculations as of how it works (so don't take offence of me not using your currency standards, it's just not something I'm willing to do it). Iv listed sneaking as one of my characters main skills, MAIN skills now, so I assure you he could have snuck past most of the guards, and as for my methods of fighting, being able to shoot fire of limitless degree, I had in mind that "giant bugs needed to be killed by giant fire", so I went off of that.

I understand there are things you couldn´t have known, hence me coming to correct you on the matter, after all, I made up this race. Still, even if he somehow sneaked around the guards blocking tiny entrances and sonic radar detections, I guess he could have set fire to a queen... and any queen with a minimally developed colony would have been healed by the genemancers.

And even if the currency hasn´t been officially calculated, you should still respect the contents of my posts about it, in fact especially because there isn´t an official calculus the worth of this money is all the more important to pay attention to the posts of others about it. In my post it states that a couple gold coins are more than many of the people in the slums would ever see in their lives together. This could, admittedly, be a case of inflation where coins are more valuable in one place than in others and thus my character would be putting more value in the coins than it´s due. But your post made it sound like your character actually got paid a fortune. Which is also fine, if there some "look how much I cheated them for" type thought in the post...

I edited the page but I've never made a currency before so I don't know if the terms I use will help anyone lol. 

I understand there are things you couldn´t have known, hence me coming to correct you on the matter, after all, I made up this race. Still, even if he somehow sneaked around the guards blocking tiny entrances and sonic radar detections, I guess he could have set fire to a queen... and any queen with a minimally developed colony would have been healed by the genemancers.

And even if the currency hasn´t been officially calculated, you should still respect the contents of my posts about it, in fact especially because there isn´t an official calculus the worth of this money is all the more important to pay attention to the posts of others about it. In my post it states that a couple gold coins are more than many of the people in the slums would ever see in their lives together. This could, admittedly, be a case of inflation where coins are more valuable in one place than in others and thus my character would be putting more value in the coins than it´s due. But your post made it sound like your character actually got paid a fortune. Which is also fine, if there some "look how much I cheated them for" type thought in the post...

You are in fact right about me respecting your race, as I didn't know much about them, I used standard bug knoledge (and after playing RE7, using fire on bugs is a gods oath for me). You got me on the currency (I'll change the post in accordance to that once I read up on it), nothing could be said on that term. I will keep in mind the terms of your race before I mention them next time (which reminds me, I need to refine my Alghi clan matters as well, you can check out what iv got so far in my character sheet thingy, and hopefully you can see by what I call small why I usually require specific details in preference to large races, nations, ect.)

Iv decided not to edit the post too much on the money, as I have read up on the currency, taken the fact that farmers are pretty wealthy today (and seeing as fruits are worth about 30 copper, 100 copper is 1 gold coin, and farmers sell crap tons of fruit, it makes since) @Idea, I would like your opinion on how much a queen mantids wings would be worth, seeing as it is your race. As for the whole "healing the hive" goes, I'm on the road that neither the farmers nor Ivan would know that they could heal, and thus Ivan still got his pay (and the farm, probably destroyed by now or something).

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv decided not to edit the post too much on the money, as I have read up on the currency, taken the fact that farmers are pretty wealthy today (and seeing as fruits are worth about 30 copper, 100 copper is 1 gold coin, and farmers sell crap tons of fruit, it makes since) @Idea, I would like your opinion on how much a queen mantids wings would be worth, seeing as it is your race. As for the whole "healing the hive" goes, I'm on the road that neither the farmers nor Ivan would know that they could heal, and thus Ivan still got his pay (and the farm, probably destroyed by now or something).

Yeah, I was also gonna change my post according to the new information, by my computer decided that shitting on me was more fun

@Idea I was going to say that you have to edit your post because her bell is silent, but then an idea *eyebrow wiggle* struck me: what if only mantids and other similar races can hear the bell? What if it's only deaf to some races that use more traditional ways of sensing sound?

Users who are viewing this thread